Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)

Read 17336 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao)
      Reply #23: Nov 06, 2010 10:09:25 pm
      Liverpool Looks to Land Athletic Bilbao Striker Fernando Llorente
      http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/liverpool-looks-to-land-athletic-bilbao-striker-fernando-llorente.html
      by Matt Couto on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:49PM   

With newly acquired money from club owners New England Sports Ventures, Reds manager Roy Hodgson is looking to use some of it to land Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente.

With the constant rumors that current Reds’ forward Fernando Torres is looking for a new home come January, Liverpool has been hard at work trying to find his replacement.

This season, Llorente has been on the top of Spain’s charts, ahead of Torres and Barcelona’s David Villa.

Although both Manchester United and Manchester City have been looking acquiring Llorente, Hodgson is now equipped with the cash to land Spain’s prime striker.

Hodgson is now willing to meet Llorente’s €36 million buyout clause to bring him to the Red’s home in Merseyside in January.

Would soften the blow if we lost Torres, but I would be devastated if that was the case.
      Two of them up top please... With Mata
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Nov 06, 2010 11:35:44 pm
      Get our Spanish feel back at the club!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #25: Nov 06, 2010 11:38:06 pm
      Good player but 36 mil would be alot of money!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #26: Nov 07, 2010 09:30:19 am
      Here we go with these buyout clauses again. They dont meen alot, they are just there to keep the players value up. It is used alot in the spanish league. David Villa had one at around 100 million, did he go for 100 million. I think a 20-25 million bid could get him. It is alot but if you want quality then NESV are going to have to pay these prices.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #27: Nov 18, 2010 03:30:01 am
      LFC told Spain star will cost them €63million
      17th Nov 2010 - Transfer Gossip   

Liverpool will have to cough up a massive €63million if they are to land Spanish star Fernando Llorente.

The Reds are thought to be eyeing the Athletic Bilbao star with a view to a move in the January transfer window.

Anfield's new director of football strategy, Damien Camolli, revealed earlier this week that the club's owners New England Sports Ventures would make money available for a world class signing in the transfer window.

But their chances of landing the 6ft 5in Spanish international now seem remote after the La Liga club revealed they have increased the his buy-out clause from €36m to an eye-watering €63m.

who do they think he is? Fernando Torres? thats bulls***

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Nov 18, 2010 01:15:11 pm
      LFC told Spain star will cost them €63million
      17th Nov 2010 - Transfer Gossip  

Liverpool will have to cough up a massive €63million if they are to land Spanish star Fernando Llorente.

The Reds are thought to be eyeing the Athletic Bilbao star with a view to a move in the January transfer window.

Anfield's new director of football strategy, Damien Camolli, revealed earlier this week that the club's owners New England Sports Ventures would make money available for a world class signing in the transfer window.

But their chances of landing the 6ft 5in Spanish international now seem remote after the La Liga club revealed they have increased the his buy-out clause from €36m to an eye-watering €63m.

who do they think he is? Fernando Torres? thats bulls***

You can thank Man Citeh for that. Every club is going to value their top assets at some ridiculous level in the hope that the Mancs will cough up before anyone else.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010 04:46:48 pm by Reprobate »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Nov 18, 2010 07:07:13 pm
      Would rather buy Aguero for a few million more to be honest.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #30: Nov 18, 2010 08:34:54 pm
      He's off to Madrid in the summer unfortunately.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Fernando Llorente (Atletic Bilbao)
      Reply #31: Dec 07, 2010 11:55:58 am
      Probably would cost an entire transfer budget but would be top of my list as a new striker.Good in the air and on the ground and young and hungry. The only problem would be keeping him away from Barca and Real
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Fernando Llorente (Atletic Bilbao)
      Reply #32: Dec 07, 2010 11:58:10 am
      Source?

Already a thread on him too: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=34315.0
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2010 12:04:35 pm
      Sorry Dexter, I saw it on some american website NESN.com and heard it whilst talking to someone who lives in Spain
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2010 12:04:37 pm
      good player but not for that much
      for that sort of money you have got to be looking at proven world class goalscorers
       id pay 15m at most
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2010 01:53:37 pm
      ^ Llorente is world class.  It's not easy to score tons of goals when you play for a team like Bilbao, but look at his strike rate for Spain:  6 goals in only 3 starts and 8 appearances from the bench!  All he needs is a decent supply line, and he will bang them in regularly.

That being said, I really doubt there is any legitimacy to this link.  He is a wonderful player, and we may well be interested in him, but we won't be splashing the cash on him.  Bilbao recently signed extended his contract and upped his buyout clause to the point that the only teams who will be able to afford him are City, Chelsea, and Madrid.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #36: Jan 22, 2011 09:54:21 pm
      I wonder if the 2nd Fernando Torres would be worth a gamble if the Suarez deal drags on further?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #37: Jan 22, 2011 09:57:43 pm
      I wonder if the 2nd Fernando Torres would be worth a gamble if the Suarez deal drags on further?

I'd rather him than Negredo.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #38: Jan 22, 2011 09:59:47 pm
      he is not a link man, certainly wont be a wise buy. we need someone to play off torres

plus he is already madrid bound at the end of the season, will lead their line
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #39: Jan 23, 2011 05:01:12 am
      He'll go to R.Madrid in the summer I feel. And though he is quality I don't think he's the foil for Torres
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 23, 2011 05:02:16 am
      Agreed. Torres is a line leading striker. A support striker like Suarez is better suited to play with him.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2011 03:44:17 pm
      Reds consider Llorente bid
      23rd Jan 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      22 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool are rumoured to be preparing an ambitious move for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente is they fail to land Ajax striker Luis Suarez

The Anfield side has previously been linked with the in form Spanish international and Damien Comolli is said to be a big admirer of the giant striker and whilst he would be a tough target to land the Merseyside club are nonetheless interested in the potentially explosive partnership he could form with Fernando Torres.

Indeed the presence of Torres and fellow Spaniard Pepe Reina at Liverpool may be helpful to any potential move to bring the Pamplona born striker to the Barclays Premier League club. 25 year old Llorente has long been linked with moves to Spain's big two or Barcelona and Real Madrid but as yet no deal has materialised and he has now arguably outgrown his club and looks likely to leave the Basque side sooner rather than later.

Now in his seventh season in the Bilbao first team Fernando Llorente is enjoying his most prolific season yet, having netted 11 goals in 17 starts yet his side is sitting in mid table and whilst the 6ft 5in front man is part of the Spanish international set up he may feel that any hopes of breaking the Torres-Villa monopoly on a more regular basis would only be realised by a move away from the San Mamés.

A move for Llorente would not come cheap and his club reportedly value him as being worth up to £35m but it is unlikely Liverpool would bid anything like that amount and are more likely to offer around the same sum as they have been told to pay for Luis Suarez.

Source: Caughtoffside.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Caughtoffside.com
      Tagged: transfer gossip
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2011 04:23:20 pm
      Don't see the point in being tight with money when it comes to Suarez then splashing the cash for Llorente instead, would rather have Luis if I'm honest, better suited to playing with Nando, cheaper, and he's just an all round beast.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2011 08:06:38 pm
      fer Gossip / Llorente won't be joining Liverpool

Llorente won't be joining Liverpool
      27th Jan 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      38 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their race to sign a striker with news that Fernando Llorente will not be sold by Athletic Bilbao.

The Spanish international striker has emerged as one of the Reds' top targets, should a deal for Luis Suarez fall through, but the player's club have told Liverpool to forget it.

Kenny Dalglish has highlighted an attacking foil for Fernando Torres as the number one priority at Anfield in January, and Liverpool will have to move fast with regards to their other options if they are to secure the services of another player.

"We know the player wants to stay at the club for a long time. I will categorically say Llorente will not be sold and he will not leave in this summer," club president Fernando Garcia Macau told Spanish media.

"There has been no approach from any club for the striker and we are fed up by the rumour mill on this issue.

"While the Board of Directors and the President are here, Fernando Llorente will not be sold."

Source: Givemefootball.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Givemefootball.com
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Jan 28, 2011 03:36:34 am
      On fifa 11 he cost me 19million and has been sh*te! That's enough for me right there...or maybe I am terrible on the ps3!?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #45: Jan 30, 2011 06:52:23 pm
      Just saying on Spanish football on sky sports that Spurs have bid 26m for him today which Athletico rejected.

Quick Reply