Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pundits & Papers Predictions Thread: 2010/11 season

Read 964 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Pundits & Papers Predictions Thread: 2010/11 season
      Nov 05, 2010 03:34:24 pm
      Thought it might be a good idea to make a thread where we can all post the predictions from papers & pundits and then see just how accurate these esteemed experts turn out to be. Any predictions really, could be for games (be they Liverpool or anyone), winners of competitions, player transfers and the managerial revolving door etc.

Would be good to have a record of just how accurate inaccurate these guys are and then have a good giggle at just how little these guys actually know, despite their apparent power to inform the opinions of millions.

Will start with Barry Glendenning of the Guardian who has asserted, frequently, that Fernando Torres will leave Liverpool in the January transfer window. I look forward with glee to revisiting this in February.

Next Mark Lawrenson's predictions for this week's Premier League fixtures, former England cricketer Michael Vaughn provides Lawrenson's competition this week. A real meeting of minds awaits;

Bolton v Tottenham;  ML: 1-1, MV:1-1.
      Birmingham v W Ham; ML:2-1, MV: 2-0.
      Blackburn v Wigan; ML: 2-0, MV: 2-1.
      Blackpool v Everton ; ML: 0-2, MV: 0-2.
      Fulham v Aston Villa; ML:2-1, MV: 1-2.
      Man Utd v Wolves; ML: 2-0, MV: 4-0.
      Sunderland v Stoke; ML: 2-1, MV: 2-1.
      Arsenal v Newcastle; ML: 3-0, MV: 3-0.
      West Brom v Man City; ML: 0-2, MV: 0-2.
      Liverpool v Chelsea; ML: 1-1, MV: 1-1.

So if anyone has any predictions from wherever they can find them on anything pop them in here and we'll keep an eye on them for a giggle.

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2010 04:00:29 pm by KS67 »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Pundits & Papers Predictions Thread: 2010/11 season
      Reply #1: Nov 05, 2010 08:23:01 pm
      Like your perseverance, got the formating done ;)

I think this will die a death but fair play. I look a Mark Lawrenson's predictions on the BBC every week, and he generally gets them wrong, as I do in our Pred League. I think it goes to show how difficult it can be.

There are some bankers but generally you can not say 100% what a result will be, and by that I mean the out come and not the score.

Quick Reply