Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)

Read 8333 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Re: Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2011 03:12:45 pm
      Liverpool begin talks for winger
      26th Apr 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      58 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Damien Comolli is setting up a plan to sign Dimitri Payet from his former club St Etienne.

Most Recent Gossip
      Liverpool begin talks for winger
      Liverpool linked with Lee and Clichy
      Lawrenson: Kenny bringing magic back
      Aldo: Kenny is untouchable
      LFC plan ambitious £9m Arsenal star …
      The 24-year-old French winger is valued at around £9 million, however Comolli has already started negotiations to take him to Anfield with an opening bid of £6.5 million.

TalkSport Radio are reporting that Comolli has used his connections at his former club to negotiate a good deal for Liverpool in order to continue the rebuilding of the Liverpool squad under Kenny Dalglish.

Payet started his career at Nantes in 2005 before moving to St Etienne in 2007. He has played 134 for his current club and scored 20 goals and provided 14 assists in that time.

Liverpool signed Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll in January and are looking for a winger to provide the strikers with plenty of scoring opportunities.

Meanwhile Paris St Germain and Juventus are also thought to be interested in the winger, although the Comolli connection will mean Liverpool have the best chance of signing Payet.

Source: Footylatest.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Footylatest.com
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: Apr 26, 2011 08:50:13 pm
      Knew you'd find it *LFC 4EVA* ;D. You're our number 1 internet trawler!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #25: Apr 26, 2011 10:19:23 pm
      I have to admit that when comolli was first appointed i thought that it would create problems ,but the more i see the man at work i know it was the right decision,he"ll bring quality to our team in the summer,i wait in anticipation.Baines would be a great addition to our backs .
      mutton15
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 30, 2011 03:54:26 pm
      Big yes to this guy!

6.5 million = bargain.

If he was English he'd cost us 20 mil.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Apr 30, 2011 08:52:49 pm
      You French, bud?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #28: Jun 23, 2011 11:59:48 am

Liverpool '£8m short' on double winger swoop

Published 09:41 23/06/11

Liverpool are targeting wing pair Stewart Downing and Dimitri Payet - but are miles away from matching their asking prices.

Contrary to some reports, the Reds want both the Aston Villa star and Saint Etienne's French international.

But Liverpool are thought to be £3m off Alex McLeish's £18m valuation for Downing and £5m out on the £11m the Ligue 1 club want for Payet.

Kenny Dalglish is keen to add both to his squad, together with Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, who will cost around £8m.

Liverpool will almost certainly improve their bid for Payet, who is a favourite of Anfield director of football Damien Comolli.

But Villa's insistence on a huge fee for Downing could see their interest cool, although McLeish is desperate to raise funds to bankroll a move for Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-Stewart-Downing-and-Dimitri-Payet-deals-hit-cash-hitch-article751890.html
      TKIDLLTK
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Jun 23, 2011 12:08:50 pm
      VIDEO:DIMITRI PAYET

Another Youtube sensation ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Jun 23, 2011 01:03:10 pm
      Liverpool '£8m short' on double winger swoop

Published 09:41 23/06/11

Liverpool are targeting wing pair Stewart Downing and Dimitri Payet - but are miles away from matching their asking prices.

Contrary to some reports, the Reds want both the Aston Villa star and Saint Etienne's French international.

But Liverpool are thought to be £3m off Alex McLeish's £18m valuation for Downing and £5m out on the £11m the Ligue 1 club want for Payet.

Kenny Dalglish is keen to add both to his squad, together with Ipswich striker Connor Wickham, who will cost around £8m.

Liverpool will almost certainly improve their bid for Payet, who is a favourite of Anfield director of football Damien Comolli.

But Villa's insistence on a huge fee for Downing could see their interest cool, although McLeish is desperate to raise funds to bankroll a move for Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-Stewart-Downing-and-Dimitri-Payet-deals-hit-cash-hitch-article751890.html

would ye paid it for Payet!!
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #31: Jun 23, 2011 01:17:21 pm
      I've seen a lot of this lad and would be happy to see him in a red shirt. He reminds me of Steed Malbranque. Good running with the ball. Quick enough to get away from players but pace isn't an attribute he over relies on and chips in with goals.

Still gutted we won't be signing Matuidi.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 23, 2011 01:59:40 pm
      I've seen a lot of this lad and would be happy to see him in a red shirt. He reminds me of Steed Malbranque. Good running with the ball. Quick enough to get away from players but pace isn't an attribute he over relies on and chips in with goals.

Still gutted we won't be signing Matuidi.

Who says that??

On topic, based on what is said from people who have really watched him (including Comolli), I'd happily have him here.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #33: Jun 23, 2011 02:03:27 pm
      Who says that??

On topic, based on what is said from people who have really watched him (including Comolli), I'd happily have him here.

Matuidi says that apparently. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #34: Jun 23, 2011 04:21:03 pm
      Big fan of Payet. Get him in.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2011 03:26:39 pm

Payet on verge of Lille switch

SAINT-ETIENNE, France (AFP) - Saint-Etienne coach Christophe Galtier confirmed on Tuesday that France international winger Dimitri Payet was on the brink of a transfer to French champions Lille.

According to Galtier, Payet has already arrived in Lille and the two clubs have reached an agreement over his transfer fee.

Sources close to the deal said Payet was likely to cost Lille an initial 10 million euros, plus bonuses.

"His departure is not a surprise and I'm not worried about it," said Galtier, after a meeting with Payet on Monday evening in which the player confirmed his intention to leave.

Payet came close to joining Paris Saint-Germain in the January transfer window, and has reportedly turned down renewed interest from PSG in order to join Rudi Garcia's Lille.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=afp-fblfrastetiennelillepayet
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2011 03:31:19 pm
      Sucks :(  I think this lad could have been a great option for us on the right....  Oh well, on to the next one.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Jun 29, 2011 01:35:26 pm
      Payet signs for Lille

June 29, 2011

France international Dimitri Payet is looking forward to a "new adventure'' after completing his move to Ligue 1 champions Lille from St Etienne.

Payet, 24, put pen to paper on a four-year deal on Tuesday night, ending a four-year association with ASSE.

Payet, who scored 13 goals last season, will now have the chance to play in the Champions League next term and he admits the lure of European football was too much to ignore.

"It's a huge satisfaction to finally be here in Lille,'' he told Lille's official website. "This was primarily a sporting decision. I was attracted by the future project of the club, a competitive team - here, there is everything to succeed.

"With LOSC I get to play in the Champions League and play a leading role in Ligue 1. Although so much happened in my four years at St Etienne, I needed a new adventure. I think Lille are the club that will help me with that.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930965/payet-joins-lille-in-L9m-move-from-st-etienne?cc=5739
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #38: Jun 29, 2011 01:43:04 pm
      Another winger gone.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #39: Jun 29, 2011 02:25:56 pm
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 29, 2011 03:24:15 pm
      Really like this guy :( deflated atm srs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #41: Jun 29, 2011 03:26:20 pm
      Moved to Lille.

Locked.

Quick Reply