Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)

Read 8332 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
      Nov 06, 2010 01:26:50 pm
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Re: Dimitri Payet (Saint-Etienne)
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2010 01:40:56 pm
      On the site lequipe.fr, the biggest sport newspaper in France, there's an article about the interest of Liverpool for Payet. But directory's president Roland Romeyer says that Liverpool didn't contact them an that nobody will leave Saint-Etienne this winter.
      rob42
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 06, 2010 01:56:59 pm
      Dimitri Payet is very good. He has scored 8 goal and he's very popular in St-Etienne.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #3: Nov 08, 2010 10:50:39 pm
      Payet link rejected

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/payet-link-rejected

St Etienne have rejected claims that young midfielder Dimitri Payet could be on his way to Liverpool in January.

The Reds have been linked with a transfer window swoop for the 23-year-old France international as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.

With Damien Comolli having left the Ligue 1 side to become director of football strategy at Anfield, speculation that Payet could be on his way to the Premier League has intensified.

But Les Verts insist they have no plans to part with any of their players midway through the season and instead will be looking to bolster their squad.

"Liverpool have not contacted us," St Etienne co-president Roland Romeyer told France Football.

"We have built a roster for the season. There will be no departures during the winter transfer window. Should there be any movement, it would be the other way.

"Depending on injuries, for example, we could sign a player. But this is only a theory."
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2010 11:25:54 pm
      Payet link rejected

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/payet-link-rejected

St Etienne have rejected claims that young midfielder Dimitri Payet could be on his way to Liverpool in January.

The Reds have been linked with a transfer window swoop for the 23-year-old France international as Roy Hodgson looks to bolster his squad.

With Damien Comolli having left the Ligue 1 side to become director of football strategy at Anfield, speculation that Payet could be on his way to the Premier League has intensified.

But Les Verts insist they have no plans to part with any of their players midway through the season and instead will be looking to bolster their squad.

"Liverpool have not contacted us," St Etienne co-president Roland Romeyer told France Football.

"We have built a roster for the season. There will be no departures during the winter transfer window. Should there be any movement, it would be the other way.

"Depending on injuries, for example, we could sign a player. But this is only a theory."

I love how the co-president believes that bringing in a new player because your other player is injured is a theory. :lmao:
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 11, 2010 01:35:06 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6499129,00.html
      Better than Modric? Sign him immediately.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #6: Nov 11, 2010 05:30:02 pm
      He's amazing. I've seen him play a few times. Nice passing, dribbling skills and can shoot. Specially awesome at free kicks.

7m is a bargain!!! I say F***ing get him now
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #7: Nov 14, 2010 04:30:57 pm
      He has such silky skills and I love his style of dribbling.

I'd love to see a player of his ability in a Red shirt.

Do it Damien.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Nov 14, 2010 04:50:00 pm
      He has such silky skills and I love his style of dribbling.

I'd love to see a player of his ability in a Red shirt.

Do it Damien.

Agreed.

He's clever, smooth and has tons of ability. Think he would be a very nice buy.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Apr 21, 2011 12:50:45 pm
      Just been told deals almost agreed £7m
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10: Apr 21, 2011 01:03:14 pm
      Liverpool official Damien Comolli has heaped praise on St Etienne winger Dimitri Payet, rating him as more naturally talented than Tottenham man Luka Modric.

Comolli, who was appointed as the new director of football strategy at Anfield last week, had plenty of time to observe Payet in his former role as director of sport at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard.

The Frenchman is also familiar with Spurs midfielder Modric, having spent three years as director of football at White Hart Lane.

Comolli suggests Payet, who has been recently linked with a move to Liverpool, has more to offer than Croatian playmaker Modric, and says the 23-year-old would be more than capable of plying his trade outside his homeland.

"On a natural class level, Dimitri is stronger than a player like Modric, (who) I saw very closely at Tottenham," Comolli told France Football.

"It is a very high level. We never stopped repeating to him: 'It is only up to you to join a French team'."

Sochaux coordinator of sports Jacques Crevoisier, former assistant to Gerard Houllier at Liverpool, agrees Payet has massive potential, likening him to French stars such as Djibril Cisse and Thierry Henry.

"Dimitri is a sprinter," said Crevoisier. "He is a little like Djibril Cisse and Thierry Henry when they were 14 or 15-years-old.

"Two years ago, I advised St Etienne to make him work on his endurance. He is now good on that level."

This is a few months old but it clearly states that Comolli rates Payet. He is certainly very talented, although no one has managed to get the very best out of him which he can do.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #11: Apr 21, 2011 01:14:27 pm
      What foot and type of winger is he.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Apr 21, 2011 01:51:32 pm
      What foot and type of winger is he.

I'm not sure how reliabe the website is but i have found this about Payet...

http://www.imscouting.com/players/dimitri-payet/
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #13: Apr 21, 2011 02:37:46 pm
      He is a right footer, and is typically played as a RF/RW, but can operate on the left side as well.  He is a good little player, and I would much prefer him to Marveaux!!  I have actually seen Payet in action, and he is a very quick, tricky little winger.  I admittedly haven't really seen much of Marveaux, but I have seen Rennes a few times in the last two years, and never really took notice of Marveaux. 

I know you can't really tell a lot about a player's consistency with these videos, but here is a video of some of Payet's goals:

http://www.sportingformzone.com/2011/04/20/videoup-coming-dimitri-payet-st-etienne-and-france/

I'm not sure how to embed the video on here  :(

Check out his free kick at 2:43 into the video.... nasty!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Apr 21, 2011 03:51:37 pm
      Yeah, I absolutely love this lad. One of my favorite players in France. Just figured Comolli wasn't going to go back for him. We could pick him up at a great price and focus on the other wing spending big money.

Get him in, please.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 21, 2011 05:02:36 pm
      Yeah, I absolutely love this lad. One of my favorite players in France. Just figured Comolli wasn't going to go back for him. We could pick him up at a great price and focus on the other wing spending big money.

Get him in, please.
      So he's ready to play regularly here?!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 21, 2011 05:03:27 pm
      doesnt he have issues with management @ ASSE....if thats the case we can get him @ a great buy
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #17: Apr 21, 2011 05:12:26 pm
      So he's ready to play regularly here?!

Obviously, considering he would face very little challenge for a wing spot. It'll depend on who we buy, but I think with Payet we can focus on the other wing and Payet will lock down the right.

Mata on the other side would look very F***ing good.

His contract talks with ASSE have stalled, which I think is why even with Comolli's agreement with them, we can still buy.

I want him in.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #18: Apr 21, 2011 05:14:06 pm
      Amazing to think Payet might cost 7 million yet players like Young and Jarvis who are no better would cost easily over 10 million. English players are so overpriced 
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #19: Apr 21, 2011 10:00:14 pm
      Never even seen him play. What type of player is he?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #20: Apr 22, 2011 01:47:08 pm
      At £7m, it's really worth a risk, and I'm confident it's not a big risk. Sign this lad now and forget about A. Young or any extremely expensive English winger.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #21: Apr 22, 2011 04:11:19 pm
      Never even seen him play. What type of player is he?

He is very quick, but not super fast on a straight sprint like someone like Walcot (but who is).  He has very good ball control and dribbling skills.  He can beat a man, and his delivery into the box is pretty good (but not great).  He also has an eye for goal and packs a decent long shot with his right foot.  He is a tricky winger/forward who can play on either flank, but I think he is better when deployed on the right.  If we can land him for anything under 8million then I think we'll have done very well!  He is a player who I think can adapt to the Prem very quickly, and I think he would be great at not only supplying crosses for Carrol to finish.  He would also help to create space in the center because he would demand the attention of defenders to be drawn to him out wide. 
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #22: Apr 26, 2011 03:11:18 pm
      I can't find the source but I read somewhere this morning that St Etienne want £9m but that Commoli has started proceedings at £6.5m. Seems a decent player, good reputation and young enough to improve further.

Quick Reply