Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Will Roy win five games in row in the EPL?

Read 6350 times
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 551 posts | 19 
      Will Roy win five games in row in the EPL?
      Nov 08, 2010 05:43:05 am
      can we make it five out of five?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Re: Will Roy win five games in row in the EPL?
      Reply #1: Nov 08, 2010 06:05:30 am
      yes the team has adapted to Roy's tactics and the 2-0 vs Chelsea proves it...
      If we play like that YES
      (but we're playing 2 away games)
      EL___ NINO
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 08, 2010 07:15:07 am
      F**k the away games these are the games to prove our worth
      YNWA
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 08, 2010 07:22:14 am
      If they played like what they did against chelsea, we should win both games whether home or away.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2010 09:22:36 am
      The next two games are exactly the kind we're excellent at throwing points away at, last season's results typifying our performance model in these games. We lost heart when Rodallega scored first last time out and when we were leading a dogged game at Stoke and confidence was at an all time low Huth popped up with the winner.

Having said that - I do think we will be too strong on Wenesday for Wigan so long as Lucas can put out the fires and Meireles and Maxi work as hard in the wide areas, that frees Kuyt Stevie G and Torres to hurt teams. On the premise the aforementioned happens: 2-0 Reds

Stoke is a different kettle of fish, I'd want Soto back to put up with the hustle and bustle. Again the physicality is an issue and to be honest I'd rather Babel played down the left rather than Maxi because of his presence. Hopefully grab a controlled 1-0 and probably excel ourselves in the Champions League spots. C'MON YOU REDS!!!

YNWA 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Nov 08, 2010 09:29:31 am

What do you think FRANS? I'm going - YES.

yes the team has adapted to Roy's tactics and the 2-0 vs Chelsea proves it...
      If we play like that YES

See now; I think Roy has adapted his tactics to suit the team. ....strange that.  :-\
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6: Nov 08, 2010 09:44:31 am
      Five points off third. Two games we should win mmmmmm a lot more promising than some make out. Not to mention two of the current top four need to come to Anfield. If we can be there or thereabouts come January who knows.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #7: Nov 08, 2010 09:50:22 am
      Stoke is a different kettle of fish, I'd want Soto back to put up with the hustle and bustle.
      Stoke are always going to be a threat from set pieces but now they have Kenwyn Jones up front, they are even more so. I agree we need Sotis for this because you can guarantee that Jones WILL get on the end of something and he's causing chaos right now.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #8: Nov 08, 2010 09:51:47 am
      yes of course we can

See at the end of the season with villa we will be top 4 my words.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #9: Nov 08, 2010 09:54:21 am
      The next two games are exactly the kind we're excellent at throwing points away at, last season's results typifying our performance model in these games. We lost heart when Rodallega scored first last time out and when we were leading a dogged game at Stoke and confidence was at an all time low Huth popped up with the winner.

Having said that - I do think we will be too strong on Wenesday for Wigan so long as Lucas can put out the fires and Meireles and Maxi work as hard in the wide areas, that frees Kuyt Stevie G and Torres to hurt teams. On the premise the aforementioned happens: 2-0 Reds

Stoke is a different kettle of fish, I'd want Soto back to put up with the hustle and bustle. Again the physicality is an issue and to be honest I'd rather Babel played down the left rather than Maxi because of his presence. Hopefully grab a controlled 1-0 and probably excel ourselves in the Champions League spots. C'MON YOU REDS!!!

YNWA 
      Who wil make way for Soto because we need him against stoke  I think he is the player we need to stop Jones......Kelly make way for Cara.....and what about Jhonson 
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #10: Nov 08, 2010 10:13:20 am
      Who wil make way for Soto because we need him against stoke  I think he is the player we need to stop Jones......Kelly make way for Cara.....and what about Jhonson 

Fck johnson. kelly is a better defender. if we need the physicality of Soto, switch Carra to right back. or play Johnson left back instead of Konchesky.

Can we win the next two games ? Wrong question - we MUST win the next two games - question is by how many.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Nov 08, 2010 10:18:37 am
      I've said that a win under Roy doesn't mean he's the right man. He needs to take us on an unbeaten streak and win five games in a row for me to consider even changing my mind about him.

His performances on the pitch have been improving and right now, he needs to say the right stuff to the media the Liverpool way.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #12: Nov 08, 2010 10:19:25 am

Maybe, but I'd be a lot more confident if Meireles wasn't on the pitch. He's the first genuinely lightweight pansy I've seen at the club since Smicer. Time to "man-up", Raul!!!!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #13: Nov 08, 2010 10:23:02 am
      Fck johnson. kelly is a better defender. if we need the physicality of Soto, switch Carra to right back. or play Johnson left back instead of Konchesky.

Can we win the next two games ? Wrong question - we MUST win the next two games - question is by how many.

Konchesky's doing better than I thought he would - certainly a better option than Insua and better than having Aurelio in and out all the time and disrupting our consistency.
      Interesting theory on GJ though as his best work come from cutting inside - is he left footed? Stick him at left wing with PK behind him and we could be on to something.....
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #14: Nov 08, 2010 10:26:07 am
      I've said that a win under Roy doesn't mean he's the right man. He needs to take us on an unbeaten streak and win five games in a row for me to consider even changing my mind about him.

His performances on the pitch have been improving and right now, he needs to say the right stuff to the media the Liverpool way.

I'm not interested in the least in what he says to the media and I've long forgotten what the "Liverpool way" of dealing with the press even means. After all, Rafa and houllier were both highly embarassing in interviews and were as undignified as you can get. Results is all I care about!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #15: Nov 08, 2010 10:28:42 am

Maybe, but I'd be a lot more confident if Meireles wasn't on the pitch. He's the first genuinely lightweight pansy I've seen at the club since Smicer. Time to "man-up", Raul!!!!

Wasn't so lightweight yesterday and what a F***ing pass to Torres.

Pansy, my arse.

And all this talking about the next five games, how about we get back to the Liverpool Way and just take every game as it comes.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2010 10:40:26 am
      Wigan are a funny f**ker of a team, there doesn't seem a pattern to their results.

Stoke have been unlucky, and it would be just our luck if they were to get a break against us.

Those games away from home we might be looking at 6 points, - 4 at the very least, it would see us rise up the table sharpish..

Then we should beat West Ham at home and then we would be occupying a european spot.

Need to take every game as it ocmes as they say however, cant afford to get ahead of ourselves, as we are still a way off top form, especially away from home.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #17: Nov 08, 2010 10:48:40 am
      On the contrary "lad" - he was very lightweight AGAIN yesterday, whether he made a good pass or not.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #18: Nov 08, 2010 10:49:55 am
      Hope so, but Im not getting carried away.

But it is amazin what a bit of confidence can do.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: Nov 08, 2010 10:51:17 am
      Away to Wigan and Stoke, then home to West Ham.  Got to be a 6 win streak.

9 points there and we should be 5th and could even be in the top 4 when we play Spurs at White Hart Lane, that will be a hard game, unfortunately it is just before, rather than after a European game.

City: Utd at home, birmingham at home, fulham away - potential to drop some points there
      Arsenal: Away to wolves, away to everton and home to spurs...

not sure either of them will drop 5 points, but we should be within reach of them
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #20: Nov 08, 2010 10:57:11 am
      Thought he did well especially to win the ball from Cole.

If he is lightweight, so was Lucas when he first arrived. Think we should give him a break, he's barely been here for 2 months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #21: Nov 08, 2010 10:58:41 am
      On the contrary "lad" - he was very lightweight AGAIN yesterday, whether he made a good pass or not.

Well in my opinion he wasn't, him, Lucas and Gerrard all got stuck in, which is what helped us win the midfield battle and utlimately the game.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #22: Nov 08, 2010 11:01:31 am

Lightweight?. It was his challenge on the halfway line then his pass to Torres that set up the goal. He has an engine better than most a ferocious shot and is a true box to box midfielder. You can call him many things but lightweight is not one of them. 

Quick Reply