Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (14.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (50.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (11.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (23.1%)

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 57295 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #690: Nov 10, 2010 10:38:00 pm
      We have the smallest squad list ever yet he still can't use f**king Dani Pacheco. Someone tell me why we have players out on loan then?

Haven't you heard?  We are apparently severely overstaffed, according to Roy anyway. ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #691: Nov 10, 2010 10:38:13 pm
      Its okay Roy just bring back Aquilaaaahh. . . Wait. Its a season loan. Juve laughing their arses off.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #692: Nov 10, 2010 10:39:21 pm
      Can't believe he brought up the squad.  I thought he said we were overstaffed.  Is he an idiot?  Aquilani? Pacheco? Babel?  Maybe those three could have changed the game today.

Here's a question.  Any ideas who said this:

""Pass and move, always move it quickly and once you lose it get back in to position. That was the mantra which took Liverpool through their great years. I like a high-tempo passing game. I like players to work hard, I like players to get back in position. Those are my priniciples. I was influenced by the Liverpool team which dominated the 70s with all its great players and playing the football they played."

MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #693: Nov 10, 2010 10:44:15 pm
      Can't believe he brought up the squad.  I thought he said we were overstaffed.  Is he an idiot?  Aquilani? Pacheco? Babel?  Maybe those three could have changed the game today.

Here's a question.  Any ideas who said this:

""Pass and move, always move it quickly and once you lose it get back in to position. That was the mantra which took Liverpool through their great years. I like a high-tempo passing game. I like players to work hard, I like players to get back in position. Those are my priniciples. I was influenced by the Liverpool team which dominated the 70s with all its great players and playing the football they played."

I would think, Roy reckons we are playing pass and move, quick tempo, discipline and good positional play and all that. So the only answer i can think of is that the lads are now playing the Roy's version of pass and move, quick tempo....etc. No wonder, He never got close to a big job after he botched up at Inter and Blackburn.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #694: Nov 10, 2010 10:47:02 pm
      I went from feeling like a kid on xmas morning after the chavs game to having received a nicely wrapped turd as my present after that shambolic 2nd half...god how I long for a bit of positive consistency.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #695: Nov 10, 2010 10:47:14 pm
      Over the last couple of season I've noticed that we seem to play to our opponents.  Meaning, if we take on a top side like Chelsea, they'll get our best effort.  We may not always win, but you'll see the best in the squad.  On the flip side of that, if we take on a bottom-dweller, your likely to see an effort that is less than stellar.  We may in fact pull out a victory in these matches, but I've been left wondering exacting what the hell I'm watching/listening too.

Am I crazy or do others agree?
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #696: Nov 10, 2010 10:49:12 pm
      My uncle was laughing at our performance he has never watched soccer and he was in disbelief when my 12 year old brother told him how we are the best in Europe ! he felt that we were the crap team playing the giants !

FFS that was the shittiest feeling of the day ! God take that clown Woy and his two puppets out of our Club ! Liverpool has become the joke of World Soccer !
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #697: Nov 10, 2010 10:49:28 pm
      Konchesky all night for me was shocking.Let good crosses come in all night and still can't tackle for sh*t.How he has managed to get a four year contract i will never know,and i aint even starting on the Swedish fella.RH have a look at what you have bought.  
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #698: Nov 10, 2010 10:51:40 pm
      That exposed everything that is horribly wrong with the current coach and squad.

Absolutely disgraceful performance.

The amount of space between our front 2 and the midfield after Wigan equalised was F***ing comical.

Absolutely dreading the Stoke game.

RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #699: Nov 10, 2010 10:53:28 pm
      well here goes to a depressed day tomorrow.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #700: Nov 10, 2010 10:54:05 pm
      Well at least we didn't lose and kelly, shelvey and ecclestone got some more experience...
      Trying to find some lightness in the gloom. 
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #701: Nov 10, 2010 10:54:45 pm
      Over the last couple of season I've noticed that we seem to play to our opponents.  Meaning, if we take on a top side like Chelsea, they'll get our best effort.  We may not always win, but you'll see the best in the squad.  On the flip side of that, if we take on a bottom-dweller, your likely to see an effort that is less than stellar.  We may in fact pull out a victory in these matches, but I've been left wondering exacting what the hell I'm watching/listening too.

Am I crazy or do others agree?
      i know exactly wot you are saying. some of our players believe that just wearing the shirt gives them a win without trying.  why o why doesnt somebody like sammi for instance give them a bollocking and let them know that to wear the shirt means that you have to give 120% every time you wear it !!!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #702: Nov 10, 2010 10:54:50 pm
      Well, that was F***ing annoying.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #703: Nov 10, 2010 10:55:23 pm
      Konchesky all night for me was shocking.Let good crosses come in all night and still can't tackle for sh*t.How he has managed to get a four year contract I will never know,and I aint even starting on the Swedish fella.RH have a look at what you have bought. 

Who is this Swedish fella you don't want to get started on? :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #704: Nov 10, 2010 10:57:11 pm
      Don't think you can blame Glen Hysen anymore...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #705: Nov 10, 2010 10:57:46 pm
      Definitely a point earned since we were sh*te.

It's so annoying cause we took the lead after 7 minutes. Played for another 20 minutes before letting Wigan play football. They're in the bottom 3, FFS.

Also freaking annoying since Bolton, Man City, Newcastle, Sunderland, and Tottenham all drew!!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #706: Nov 10, 2010 10:59:02 pm
      The "combative" Poulsen , no the word your thinking of is sh*t.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #707: Nov 10, 2010 10:59:52 pm
      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE PACHECO IS?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #708: Nov 10, 2010 11:00:35 pm
      Bad second half folks.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #709: Nov 10, 2010 11:03:26 pm
      Awful, shithouse tactics.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #710: Nov 10, 2010 11:06:58 pm
      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE PACHECO IS?

May as well be on the plane at this point.

I so disappointed. I have the lad on my back of my shirt.

Thought it was his season ffs!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #711: Nov 10, 2010 11:12:28 pm
      Sorry lads that is far to much of something called Stella,of course i really did mean Danish. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #712: Nov 10, 2010 11:15:23 pm
      I think there is an infighting going on in our team. I can see three camps:
      1. Long locks-Leaders are Poulsen, Glen and Sotis. Lets call them Team L
      2. Baldies-Leaders are Konchesky, Skrtel, Pepe and Raul, they have recruited Shelvey and Spearing. Lets call them team B
      3. Short hair-This is the strongest group led by Gerrard and Carra. New recruits are Torres, Lucas etc. Lets call them team S.
      It would seem the long hair blokes won't pass to the short hair nor will the short hair pass to the baldies. Let me illustrate.
      Today, our team composed of
                                 Reina (B)
      Kelly(S) Carra(S) Skrtel(B) Konchesky(B)
      Raul(B) Lucas(S) Gerrard(B) Rodriguez(S)
                          Kuyt(S)
                         Torres(S)
      As you can see today Gerrard from the short hair brigade pass it to torres, a fellow member, Rodriguez also played a killer pass to Gerrard.
      Last week we all saw what the team could do when they were united, but it would seem that the camps were not happy with the team dominated by the short hair group, that is why Roy tried to be balanced in his approach and brought on Shelvey, Polio and Nathan to be fair to everybody. Therefore, there is no chemistry in the team, they all clearly dislike each other and they pass the ball only to those who are in their camp properly and try to get the blokes from the other camp in trouble. Therefore what i am arguing is that ROY IS TOTALLY HELPLESS to do anything. For me Roy is just an innocent by-stander who deserves no criticism for the infighting in the squad.

Quick Reply