Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Is Sammy Lee the right man for the job?

Read 3615 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Re: Is Sammy Lee the right man for the job?
      Reply #23: Nov 17, 2010 09:00:31 pm
      Nope and neither is Roy
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Nov 17, 2010 09:02:21 pm
      Absolutely not.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 17, 2010 10:35:47 pm
      Sammy has been a loyal servant over the years as a player and coach but he up to the grade to be in the hot seat at LFC.

We need a clean slate I feel. When Woy finally gets hoofed out I would not be sad to see his staff go with him.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 17, 2010 11:53:38 pm
      Sammy will probably go before Roy I think, Roy will be looking to deflect as much blame from himself as possible and Sammy might get the brunt of it.

What utter rubbish. What on earth have you based that on?

This character asssasination  of Roy Hodgson is very odd. You might not like his tactics, or think he is the right man for the job. But tell me where you've seen anything that suggests that he'd let somebody else be the fall guy for him. Utter rubbish.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #27: Nov 17, 2010 11:57:31 pm
      What utter rubbish. What on earth have you based that on?

This character asssasination  of Roy Hodgson is very odd. You might not like his tactics, or think he is the right man for the job. But tell me where you've seen anything that suggests that he'd let somebody else be the fall guy for him. Utter rubbish.

God knows what goes through Hodgson's contrary mind - one minute the squad's too big, the next it's to small, one minute he's saying english talent's the way forward, next he's slagging off England's right back, one minute he's slagging Rafa's signings, the next he's backing Konchesky & Poulsen.

Bugger who he's laying the blame on, I'd just like him to make his f'n mind up.  

As for Sammy, good coach, not so good as an Assistant Manager.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 18, 2010 12:22:49 am
      Keep him as a coach but let the new man bring his number 2.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #29: Nov 18, 2010 12:46:46 am
      FFS, it's all about dynamics.  One of your management team should demand respect and the other should command respect.  Remember high school?  Bet most of you had the nicest principal you could ever imagine, the deputy was an absolute cock or vice-versa.  Together they made a great team, that's what a management team should be like.  Between them they should have all areas covered.  If for example (coffee down before continuing reading) Hodgson is a brilliant tactician and simply amazing at implementing an attacking style but lacks the knowledge to setup his team brilliantly in defence, is the warmth in the dressing room we required but can't work with the youngsters, then Sammy would need to be, the implementer of defensive drills and be the cold-hearted distant guy (exactly like Rafa, right?) but he might be great with working with the youth.  An assistant manager is never not good enough to do the job, merely not the right piece of the puzzle you're looking for.

edit: To put things in perspective the head coach of the academy I work at leaves a lot of fitness drills and nutrition advice to me because I'm simply better at it.  He's also very attacking and more often than not it's me pulling him up and bouncing ideas of him that we'll be left short at the back if we try and implement that attacking style.  Together, we're a good team.  Obviously there's more of us than just us two but the point still stands.  I'm also under instruction to listen to the players about their problems because he's concentrating on football matters.
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010 01:07:25 am by vitez »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Nov 18, 2010 01:14:30 am
      FFS, it's all about dynamics.  One of your management team should demand respect and the other should command respect.  Remember high school?  Bet most of you had the nicest principal you could ever imagine, the deputy was an absolute cock or vice-versa.  Together they made a great team, that's what a management team should be like.  Between them they should have all areas covered.  If for example (coffee down before continuing reading) Hodgson is a brilliant tactician and simply amazing at implementing an attacking style but lacks the knowledge to setup his team brilliantly in defence, is the warmth in the dressing room we required but can't work with the youngsters, then Sammy would need to be, the implementer of defensive drills and be the cold-hearted distant guy (exactly like Rafa, right?) but he might be great with working with the youth.  An assistant manager is never not good enough to do the job, merely not the right piece of the puzzle you're looking for.

edit: To put things in perspective the head coach of the academy I work at leaves a lot of fitness drills and nutrition advice to me because I'm simply better at it.  He's also very attacking and more often than not it's me pulling him up and bouncing ideas of him that we'll be left short at the back if we try and implement that attacking style.  Together, we're a good team.  Obviously there's more of us than just us two but the point still stands.  I'm also under instruction to listen to the players about their problems because he's concentrating on football matters.
      I could not put Bill Shankly/Bob Paisley and Bob Paisley/Joe Fagan  into that  category,I do not recall any of them demanding respect.They earned respect for which L.F.C. fans should be eternally grateful

Quick Reply