Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???

Read 9463 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???
      Reply #23: Nov 13, 2010 02:30:56 am
      oh my oh my.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #24: Nov 13, 2010 02:42:26 am
      He's right with what he said but what's the point? Why could he not just take him aside in training, have a word and tell him man to man that he's disappointed in him rather than spouting to the media which could potentially upset the player and therefore cause a rift between Johnson and Hodgson which could lead to unrest within the squad?

Shut up Woy.
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #25: Nov 13, 2010 04:19:10 am
      Some people argue that Roy was wrong to go public like this, but to be fair, he's right in what he said. He's been a fairly sh*te defender since we signed him. It was still a daft thing to do though

Martin Kelly is our first choice right back every day of the week and twice on Sundays for me.

But to me, Johnson is better than Poulsen, and Konchesky, so when is RH going to say something like this to them?..
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #26: Nov 13, 2010 06:05:40 am
      Is this the Liverpool way we have been trying to get back to?The club is really been stripped of all its honor and the problem is it's all happening from within,first the sh*t owners and now a sh*t manager.Please throw this buffoon out of our club,Henry,I am sure this is certainly not how you envisage things being run.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Nov 13, 2010 06:52:27 am
      Great idea Roy! Come out and publicly critisise one of your own players. That will do his confidence the world of good!!! Roy go now please.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #28: Nov 13, 2010 06:53:33 am
      Roy shouldn't be allowed to speak to the media.

Johnson has been bad, yes, but the ripping into stays behind the doors.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: Nov 13, 2010 07:27:55 am
      Shocking!

Why the F**k ask the press to go hassling one of your players about the quality of his performances.

I'm really quite annoyed about this, I feel a manager should always protect his players from the negative media attention. Rafa did it, even if it meant sometimes putting himself in a bad light.

And then protecting Poulsen again, our worst performer this year?

I hate to say it, but Roy's attitude F***ing stinks. He's had a go about Rafa's signings in the past, and I don't find it a coincidence that he's bashing a high-profile player Rafa brought in, before to present his own signing as being a potential match-winner.

Rafa had diginity, was prepared to sacrifice himself or his image (at least in the global media, most supporters always knew better) for the good of the club.

I'm sick of watching the "Roy Hodgson Show", where he does everything to make himself look good, and F**k the rest.

Never was, and never will be, Liverpool material.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Nov 13, 2010 08:09:39 am
      Shocking!

Why the f**k ask the press to go hassling one of your players about the quality of his performances.

I'm really quite annoyed about this, I feel a manager should always protect his players from the negative media attention. Rafa did it, even if it meant sometimes putting himself in a bad light.

And then protecting Poulsen again, our worst performer this year?

I hate to say it, but Roy's attitude f**king stinks. He's had a go about Rafa's signings in the past, and I don't find it a coincidence that he's bashing a high-profile player Rafa brought in, before to present his own signing as being a potential match-winner.

Rafa had diginity, was prepared to sacrifice himself or his image (at least in the global media, most supporters always knew better) for the good of the club.

I'm sick of watching the "Roy Hodgson Show", where he does everything to make himself look good, and f**k the rest.

Never was, and never will be, Liverpool material.
      I agree it is wrong to go to the media to tell a player he is going wrong and then go to the media to get them to promote one of our worst ever signings. I also agree with you about RAFA ,he did have dignity and it might be a few years before some people realise what a good job he did while manager of L.F.C.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #31: Nov 13, 2010 08:11:28 am
      Im far more concerned about the Poulsen comment that the Johnson one!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Nov 13, 2010 08:19:17 am
      Btw., before everyone jumps to their guns, any link or source Chico? Who wrote this? Anyone else care about a source btw.?

Ah our old, "have you got a source", mate is back.  ;D

I've found Google is good for that TtM. As quick as you can type "have you got a source" (which makes it look like you doubt the poster); you can copy, paste and hit search in Google.

Anyhow back on topic: Roy has yet again shown himself for what he really is - a snide, nasty wee man.

Attacking a player in such a public way lends a lie to the sh*te we were 'told' about the man. A gentleman, we were told; an arm around the shoulder motivator; they said. ....BULLSHIT!; I say.

A few quick questions, to the vile creature: Is Konchesky playing like an England left back? Is Poulsen playing like he's ever seen a ball, much less a first choice Danish midfielder and captain? Will you, forever, just shut the F**k up and quit attacking our team?

It's all too obvious that this F**k-knuckle wants rid of all vestiges of the Benitez era - mark my words, if he goes unchecked, (on top of the 'obvious' candidates) we will lose; Johnson, Agger, Pacheco, Lucas, Reina and Torres before the start of next season.

Understand this: - He doesn't care about Liverpool F.C. or our history - It's Roy Hodgson first and last with him.

I honestly, now, despise the man.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Nov 13, 2010 08:26:43 am

Anyhow back on topic: Roy has yet again shown himself for what he really is - a snide, nasty wee man.

Understand this: - He doesn't care about Liverpool F.C. or our history - It's Roy Hodgson first and last with him.

I honestly, now, despise the man.
      Along with thousands of others.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #34: Nov 13, 2010 08:35:20 am
      I thought Rafa was lacking in the man management dept! This f**ker (you Roy) is sinking to an all time low?
      Dishing out shaggings via the press FFS
      I thought the whole point of man management is not to kick staff when they are down? May I remind you Roy that its your roll to get the best out of players. REMEMBER ROY "THE LIVERPOOL WAY" a philosophy that is sadly none existant were you are concerned.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Nov 13, 2010 08:43:09 am
      He dont care about Rafa. He dont care about fans. Liverpools first team. . . Is in the wrong hands
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #36: Nov 13, 2010 09:13:58 am
      I've said a few times and I'll say it again, Johnson is a luxury player.  He may not be the best defender but that isn't what he is renowned for.  It is his attacking play from the back that makes him the player he is.  Roy's agricultural tactics don't allow that.  But its not just Roy's tactics that are a problem.

The biggest problem is the lack of pace across the back 4.  If we had a couple of CB's with recovery pace, then we could play a higher line and pin our opponents back and that is when players like Johnson come into their own.  We could have Maicon/Alves down the right and Evra/Cole down the left and they would both look terrible simply because of the defensive line we play.  It happened last season with Rafa where I felt our defensive line fell back by about 10 yards and this year there has been a conscious pull back of our defensive line.  Johnson might not fit in with what we are trying to achieve but watch him move to Spurs and play really well and dominate again.  Its a shame that he has been subject to criticism because again he is one of the proper footballers in our squad.

pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #37: Nov 13, 2010 09:15:43 am
      in my opion roy should have a F***ing word with himself too. lack of tactical forsight, buying sh*te players etc etc. To be fair on johnson he has numerous injury problems this season and for obvious reasons he is not going to be playing at 100%. Any manager worth their salt would be able to see that but roy doesnt seem to see it.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #38: Nov 13, 2010 09:19:29 am
      I had to read this twice to make sure he really had said what was printed.
      Where is the famous 'arm round shoulder' man management skills we were told would make all the difference.
      I don't know if there is more to this , but surely this should have been done in private and in public back the player to bounce back once he's injury free .
      I desperately want Roy to succeed , because he is the manager of my club, but the more I see , the more worried I become that he is causing more problems, not solving ones we already have.    :f_steam:
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #39: Nov 13, 2010 09:22:54 am
      I really believe that Roy is not in any way the right man for us however i dont have a problem with this. Johnson hasnt been criticised publicly since he has been with us and quite frankly he has been poor therefor trying this tactic to get his finger out im not bothered by.

If poor Glen Johnson doesnt have the desire to improve his performances then leave him out.

As for Poulson he is awful and i cant believe Roy is praising him for the other night but to be fair to Roy he DID criticise him in an interview with LFC.tv before the Wigan match so dont think because Roy brought him in that Poulson is above criticism.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #40: Nov 13, 2010 09:26:02 am
      He dont care about Rafa. He dont care about fans. Liverpools first team. . . Is in the wrong hands

A little bit of sick came to the back of my throat reading this.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #41: Nov 13, 2010 09:26:13 am

Fook that. Johnson is one player who needed to be told that. If rafa was boss and said it we'd all be saying spot on. Just because Roy's a tw*t doesn't mean hes wrong here
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Nov 13, 2010 09:33:59 am
      Glad to upset someones morning Gaz. In work all morning. Looking forward to the game and what have I read. Two dire quotes from the hangover left over from h & g. Makes me sick everytime he opens his mouth
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Reply #43: Nov 13, 2010 09:38:55 am
      Fook that. Johnson is one player who needed to be told that. If rafa was boss and said it we'd all be saying spot on. Just because Roy's a tw*t doesn't mean hes wrong here

Understand where you're coming from. But if the manager doesn't have control of the locker-room more than this, then he should do the decent thing and walk away. What player will have respect for a manager that asks the press to do his job?? Telling them to ask the player why he's not performing?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #44: Nov 13, 2010 09:39:17 am
      This is real life, not Football Manager 2011!!! ???
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #45: Nov 13, 2010 09:39:42 am

Spot on Brian, Roy is dead right on saying that Glen needs to start upping his game. If a player can't take criticism, then he needs to grow a pair of balls.

Quick Reply