Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Yann M'Vila (Rennes)

Read 11271 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Yann M'Vila (Rennes)
      Reply #1: Nov 15, 2010 12:52:21 pm
      He'll play a blinder in the friendly and be worth £20m+ all of a sudden, no doubt.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 16, 2010 02:19:04 am
      This lad is good.
      hes going to be the next big french player mark my words.
      if we could get him we have a player.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Nov 17, 2010 08:42:08 pm
      Liking the look of this fella...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Nov 17, 2010 10:09:22 pm
      He reminded me of a young Makele tonight.
      miroa12004
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2010 12:36:52 am
      Watched him a lot of times, the lad is a beast, he is like a young Makelele.

Apparently Hodgson flew to watch him play with Rennes last Sunday, if so then I'll be happy with this transfer, Poulsen won't get a start with this man with us
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2010 08:19:34 am
      Didn't see him lose the ball all night,he seemed confident and steady on the ball.Would maybe have liked to seen a bit more attacking flair but thought lad looked like he could be a player for us.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Nov 18, 2010 12:23:37 pm
      Looked very good last night.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #8: Nov 18, 2010 12:57:12 pm
      Haven't watched him play yet but he seems to be getting a lot of high praise.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Dec 09, 2010 01:39:11 pm
       Liverpool handed 'major boost' in midfielder chase

Liverpool have been boosted in their pursuit of Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.

The French international is thought to be on the radar of a string of top European clubs, and it is now reported that the Ligue 1 outfit are set to cash-in on the player in January.

Spanish paper AS claim the club will listen to offers for the 20-year-old, alerting Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson into potential action.

Director of Football strategy at Anfield, Damien Comolli, is thought to have highlighted the player as one of the top club targets in the opening month of 2011, and the coveted defensive midfielder is thought to be one of 'five or six' players on the Liverpool wish list.

Hodgson is thought to have a transfer war chest in the region of £35 million at his disposal following the arrival of new owners NESV on Merseyside, and the Liverpool boss is set to invest in several core positions at the first opportunity.

An attacking foil for Fernando Torres is thought to be the priority, but a string of midfielders have been linked with the Reds and it appears likely that the former Fulham boss will seek to add strength-in-depth in that position.

Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi gave nothing away when questioned over a possible move for the player, which could be interpreted as an exit sign in itself.

"I have no comment on this topic. I never want to comment on rumors of a possible exit. I am not being negative, it's just something I will not comment on."

Real Madrid are thought to be the main rivals to Liverpool in the race for the player's signature, while Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier is also thought to be interested.

With only 18 months left on M'Vila's contract at the Route de Lorient, the player appears destined to leave France and Liverpool will hope to prize him to the Premier League.

From the offal, sourcing Givemefootball: Who quote Spanish paper AS
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2011 09:10:57 pm
      his name has been popping up more as of late

him coming here will prolly mean the end of lucas
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2011 09:14:47 pm
      We don't need him. We are strong in center midfielders. We need wingers and strikers. Instead off m'vila I would rather have Benega or Defour. Crap source though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2011 09:27:39 pm
      Like this lad, reminds me of Senna. Surely not a priority position for us though, Lucas has come on leaps and bounds.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2011 09:32:44 pm
      Go back to 4 2 3 1 and I think we need this guy. If we continue with 4 4 2 wide men are more important. . . Actually quality wide/forward players are more important period.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2011 10:02:00 pm
      Go back to 4 2 3 1 and I think we need this guy. If we continue with 4 4 2 wide men are more important. . . Actually quality wide/forward players are more important period.

agree with this depends on what the formation our future manager brings in, he seems like a guy who can anchor the defense, hold the ball, etc.

if we continue with the 4-4-2 then its really no need for him

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2011 10:12:29 pm

Whatever formation we need at least one top quality winger. We haven't had a proper winger arguably since McManaman. However I do see the merit in buying M'Vila. Effectively he replaces Mascherano, which we haven't done despite the signing of Meireles. I'm just thinking that depending on who we are to get in as manager, they'll likely play with three centre mids (I'm hoping for the likes of Villas Boas or Rjikaard who play 4-3-3's), and thus we would definitely need a Mascherano replacement as we do not have a defensive midfielder at present. Lucas has improved but I don't think he has the ability to play defensive mid well enough in the first XI.

M'Vila seems like he'd be a good buy and would be a step toward creating a squad capable of challenging for titles.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2011 01:34:38 pm
      F**k him so.

M’Vila would pick United over Liverpool
      Reported Liverpool transfer target Yann M’Vila has revealed it would be a dream to play for the Merseysiders' arch-rivals Manchester United.

The 20-year-old Rennes midfielder has, in the last couple of seasons, established himself as one of the most talented defensive midfield prospects in Europe.

His accomplished displays have earned him several call-ups to Laurent Blanc’s France squad and, as a result, the attentions of the Anfield giants and Old Trafford supremo Sir Alex Ferguson.

Real Madrid and Juventus are thought to be the Reds’ main rivals for the player’s signature, but M’Vila maintains he would choose a move to Old Trafford above all else.

"Manchester United is the club of my dreams," he said. "It's a very prestigious club and I dream to play for them."

United are not believed to have registered an interest in M’Vila, although Owen Hargreaves’ ongoing injury nightmare means Ferguson is thought to be in the market for a midfield enforcer.

Lassana Diarra of Real Madrid and Steven Defour of Standard Liege have been touted as the likeliest replacements for the 30-year-old, who has less than six months remaining on his current United deal.

By Liam Twomey

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/72226/default.aspx

Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2011 02:00:05 pm
      Oh dear that is a shame,really like him as a player.But if that is his attitude he can f*ck right off and we move on.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2011 08:53:51 pm
      id still take him
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2011 09:53:20 pm
      Oh dear that is a shame,really like him as a player.But if that is his attitude he can f*ck right off and we move on.

Really wants wrong with his attitude?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2011 10:00:17 pm
      Really wants wrong with his attitude?
      "Manchester United is the club of my dreams," he said. "It's a very prestigious club and I dream to play for them."

Bad F***ing attitude if you ask me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2011 10:18:42 pm

Bad f**king attitude if you ask me.

He has grew up in France and they are always going to be one of the clubs players want to play for. It's not as if he is manc born and bred and desparate to play for them.

On another day in another interview he could say the same about us, Arsenal, Real, Barca etc etc.

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2011 10:25:17 pm
      Yeah it's not like he said scousers were horrid human beings, Anfield is a slum, and I would love to give Fergie a blumpkin. A young up and coming player will want to play for a big club, and the stanky Mancies are that, no matter how much we hate it. On any given day he'd probably want to play for a number of big clubs, ours included. There were plenty of Reds who grew up wanting to play for the bitters, doesn't mean they didn't make the switch and do well.

Quick Reply