Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Changing Managers' after a third of the season.

Read 9916 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Re: Changing Managers' after a quarter of the season.
      Reply #46: Nov 15, 2010 05:57:33 pm
      would you like our continuity to be loosing games against poor sides. That is what is on offer at the moment.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #47: Nov 15, 2010 06:01:34 pm
      What all teams need is continuity and if we sack one manager after a few months will the next manager get the time he needs before everyone is calling for his head
       We could find ourselves on a slippy slop 

I vaguely remember Chelsea getting rid of a manager mid-season.

They're still doing okay aren't they.

We've got form on this.  Remember getting rid of the Roy Evans/Houllier partnership when it was palpably not working.  I seem to recall things also improving after that decision had been taken.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,130 posts | 127 
      Reply #48: Nov 15, 2010 06:23:36 pm
      What all teams need is continuity and if we sack one manager after a few months will the next manager get the time he needs before everyone is calling for his head
       We could find ourselves on a slippy slop 

Soz for pulling you again, but what continuity?. Continuity of sh*te,or of constantly being outplayed by basically everyone? And as far as a slippery slope (I think thats what you meant), what are we on now?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Nov 15, 2010 06:34:47 pm
       It is not a case of should we change managers mid season but a case of WE MUST change managers to get this club back where it belongs at the top.It is no coincidence but since Roy was appointed manager teams no longer fear coming to Anfield.Also when comparing the stats between Roy and RAFA please take a careful look at Roy"s  record for away wins it is diabolical.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #50: Nov 15, 2010 06:35:55 pm
      With Dalglish back in charge and given his role in supporting the youth team development, we may also see some of the youngsters get more of a chance on the bigger stage.

I rather see the likes of Pachecho, Kelly, Wilson, Spearing, et al go out there and give their best and I can at least rest easy that the future of Liverpool is in sound hands rather than giving opportunity after opportunity to the likes of Cole, Poulsen and Konpesky and see them foul up time and again.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #51: Nov 15, 2010 06:36:38 pm
      I disagree...

Kenny would bring a "Feel good factor" for a large proportion of the fans granted but who's to say it would the players?? There's nothing to suggest an 23 year old player from Spain would work much harder with King Kenny at the helm.
      I honestly believe with 20 years away from management he'd be just as bad as "old man balls" in the current game.. The only difference would be how painful it would feel watching the fans turn on him..
      Call me a cnut but I think in the current game Kenny is also severely under qualified.. I think getting in someone else to steady the ship again would be a mistake..
      Anything less than a top manager and top players would see us not reach the top 4 again IMO..

Top post, I could not agree more. The overwhelming majority of supporters calling for Daglish to manager are just looking for change for change sake. I love King Kenny like all Liverpool Supporters do, but is he really qualified after being away from the game for so long, in a managerial role. Bringing in Daglish would bring a good feeling for supporters but I am not sure if he will necessarily manager the team, merely supervise and I believe this with further entitle Gerrard and Carragher.

Most people here just want to see Roy go down in flames and their extreme dislike of him is clouding the fact that we need a true manager, Not Daglish who will be an interim manager at the most. I am happy with what King Kenny does for us now (Scouting and Academy), and if making him manager jeopardizes that, I would rather see Roy here till Jan, then see King Kenny be tired out from managing a currently fast sinking ship.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #52: Nov 15, 2010 06:38:27 pm
      I vaguely remember Chelsea getting rid of a manager mid-season.

They're still doing okay aren't they.

We've got form on this.  Remember getting rid of the Roy Evans/Houllier partnership when it was palpably not working.  I seem to recall things also improving after that decision had been taken.

Chelsea's mid season coaching changes included Grant and Hiddink.

No offense to King Kenny but their knowledge and experience in modern football is a bit more up to snuff.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Changing Managers' after a third of the season.
      Reply #53: Nov 15, 2010 06:42:57 pm
      Who's to say that it'll be Kenny replacing?

I'd much prefer somebody else anyway.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #54: Nov 15, 2010 06:49:34 pm
      We simply can not continue being 'mugged' by lesser teams ! this season already is about survival and not about challenging for a top 4 slot , my fear is that Roy will get a transfer budget in january and blow it on some sh*te players !  and then when he gets sacked for poor performance the new manager has no money to speculate with ! the choice is simple we either keep Roy and blunder on the same way or we change manager and achieve a foundation to build upon .......sorry Roy ...shut the door on the way out !
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #55: Nov 15, 2010 06:49:55 pm
      Who's to say that it'll be Kenny replacing?

I'd much prefer somebody else anyway.

I agree I don't want Kenny being brought in on an interim basis. Bring in a new manager to take us through the next 2-3 years, not a scape goat for the underlying problems which is our squad needs more depth and strength, and Roy is not the man.
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #56: Nov 15, 2010 06:56:01 pm
      I take it English is not your main language? Either that or perhaps you are , well how can I politely ask you re your mental capacity? I posted:

"Go to Wikepedia and compare Roy and Rafa's achievements as Managers. Not day and night the way you portray Hodgson's underachievements"

You responded, and again I suspect you are heavily medicated for any kind of intellectual deficiency your post suggests you have:

" How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's ". Please ask a friend ( I know I'm assuming you have one" to explain to you my post in no way, shape or form said what you have posted. Good luck in your convalescense, science is accelarating reliable treatments for disadvantaged folks like you.

There's no need to be an arrogant p***k about it, obviously using big words to try sound intelligent. All you're doing is coming across as condescending! Fair enough if he didn't fully understand your post. I think the fact that 95% of the posts on here are disagreeing with you has you a little upset.

We need a new manager NOW. Not tomorrow, not January, now. We keep trying to plough along with Roy and we're gonna find ourselves scrapping at the lower part of the table for the next few years. I don't agree with personal attacks on the man because he might be doing the job to the best of his ability but that says it all really. The best of his ability is not good enough for this football club. He's turning us into a small club, and this is evident in games where teams now see our small mentality are attack us. Which club honestly would fear playing us in the league at the moment. That's down to our tactics in previous games having a knock on effect to all our players.

ROY OUT NOW!!!! :mad:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Nov 15, 2010 07:12:02 pm
      Change now or our season will be finished before xmas, by then if NESV  were to F**k Roy off it would make the new managers task all the more difficult, we need CL football next season to keep hold of Torres, Pepe and whoever else has doubts over Liverpools ambitions, it's too much of a gamble letting Roy continue to F**k our club up, he has had enough games now to stamp his mark on LFC and clearly his methods are not working, the results speak for themselves, granted we have improved slightly but slighty is not good enough, he may have 35yrs experience in world football but he knows F**k all about the world of Liverpool FC.

After years of using his negative, defensive, narrow football for teams such as Fulham his methods are indoctrinated in his brain, its all he knows, he will say that his way has been tried and trusted over 3 decades and thats fine for mediocre mid table clubs happy to be in the top flight with no real ambition to climb any higher, but  he is in a totally different league in managing clubs of our stature, Purslime employed him because he was flavour of the month and his achievements with Fulham, but it just goes to show that if Purslime had the ambitions of a proper Liverpool fan there is just no way Roy would have been anywhere near Anfield.

He has to be shipped out ASAP, bring Kenny in with Thommo and instil the belief and confidence in the players that a top 4 spot is reachable, this a new era for our club so why are we been managed by someone who clearly does not hold the same ambitions as the rest of us.

So Roy ''get yourself to F**k out of our club'' and hand the reins to someone who knows what the they are doing!!!!
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #58: Nov 15, 2010 07:22:53 pm
      We need rid of Roy Hodgson asap.Not only because he doesn't deserve our job and clearly isn't up to the job to start with but look at the players he's brought in already and imagine the quality of players we'll have after he's been in charge of spending 20-30 million on new players in Jan?!
      Eveyone knows even himself that he wont be in charge next season so why not get rid of him now and save the money for someone to deserves our job!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #59: Nov 15, 2010 07:36:08 pm
      Chelsea's mid season coaching changes included Grant and Hiddink.

No offense to King Kenny but their knowledge and experience in modern football is a bit more up to snuff.

And what about winning, can either of them say they have won a Premier League. King Kenny can!

He'll be still up to date with football and i don't see the mancs rushing to get rid of Fergie, simply because he knows his sh*t, so does Kenny.

To say he does not have the knowledge or experience is really laughable.

The man can still do the job and was probably why he wanted to take over in the summer, when he should of been given the job.
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #60: Nov 15, 2010 07:42:40 pm
      i  disagree okay he has along experience but what  he win ! nothing........... kenny is the right person he was agreat player .and agreat manger and the most important thing he know what is liverpool is about
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #61: Nov 15, 2010 07:45:08 pm
      When was Kenny exiled on Mars???????? Can someone enlighten me as to what has changed in football that Kenny would not be aware of having probably seen more football than all of us put together in the last 10 years. I just dont buy the Kenny has been out of the game too long.Might I remind you how he became a player Manager with no managerial experience and I see to remember a decent first season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Nov 15, 2010 08:10:42 pm
      I personaly think Kenny's day has gone, but i would have him back anyday compared to Roy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #63: Nov 15, 2010 10:39:24 pm
      When was Kenny exiled on Mars???????? Can someone enlighten me as to what has changed in football that Kenny would not be aware of having probably seen more football than all of us put together in the last 10 years. I just dont buy the Kenny has been out of the game too long.Might I remind you how he became a player Manager with no managerial experience and I see to remember a decent first season.
      He did indeed do very well but let"s be honest Kenny had the wisdom and experience of that great man BOB PAISLEY guiding him.All the same he would be a dam sight better than Roy Hodgson.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #64: Nov 16, 2010 03:08:48 am
      I take it English is not your main language? Either that or perhaps you are , well how can I politely ask you re your mental capacity? I posted:

"Go to Wikepedia and compare Roy and Rafa's achievements as Managers. Not day and night the way you portray Hodgson's underachievements"

You responded, and again I suspect you are heavily medicated for any kind of intellectual deficiency your post suggests you have:

" How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's ". Please ask a friend ( I know I'm assuming you have one" to explain to you my post in no way, shape or form said what you have posted. Good luck in your convalescense, science is accelarating reliable treatments for disadvantaged folks like you.

OK, I am sorry to stir this up again, and I promise English is the only language I know. But I still dont understand what you are saying here. You can call me what you like, I am married mate, I'm used to it.

Just Explain in simple terms for me will you, cause it does look to me like you are saying Roy's CV is comarable to Rafa's, now I know you cant be saying that.

No big words please.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #65: Nov 16, 2010 07:50:17 am
      Hello Roy if give two season would do the kind of damage which would give us nightmares to say the least. 2 of his signings for the first team are just sh*t to be honest. Imagine what 2 seasons would do. I cannot help but say he is completely not up to the task of managing liverpool. Of course in an ideal world i would like to see a manager given at least two seasons but only if i see a spark, a vision and the ability to achieve something concrete. I would like to see a manager who is honest and yet ruthless and importantly with a winning mentality. Have we ever read anything in history about somebody who has achieved something by being defensive? Winners take a chance, winners take risks, because the returns that accompany risks are higher. Ok, sometimes such an approach might fail but then with a measured approach one can strike a balance between risks and safety. To put things in perspective a club such as liverpool and with the team we have should find a balance between attack and balance. When we play teams such as Wigan, Stoke or West ham we got to attack even if that means we lose sometimes. Hodgson is the King of defense and as such should please leave our club because the longer he stays the more damage he causes. If it was up to me i would give a call right now to tell him to collect his severance package and I would give the job to Kenny even if for the short term and if he does do a job than why not give kenny the reins for the long term.
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #66: Nov 16, 2010 02:29:01 pm
      OK, I am sorry to stir this up again, and I promise English is the only language I know. But I still dont understand what you are saying here. You can call me what you like, I am married mate, I'm used to it.

Just Explain in simple terms for me will you, cause it does look to me like you are saying Roy's CV is comarable to Rafa's, now I know you cant be saying that.

No big words please.
      Good morning ( Toronto time) and thank you for your post.

First of all, a couple of days ago someone chastised me ( meaning "verbally" beat the sh*t out of me) for my ignorant response to you. I did apologise and I'm grateful for the opportunity to apologise to you directly for my boorish note.

All I was trying to say is Hodgson and Rafa's records are not night and day. Rafa has been fired just as Woy has. I don't like Roy today and I didn't like him when he was appointed. On this string of messages, the overwhelming majority of posts suggest that the difference between Rafa and Roy is Rafa is a top Prem League manager and Roy is the old Second Division at best. My personal opinion ( which coupled with a few pounds will buy you a pint) is the difference is not that great. My other point is other than King Kenny, who would/ is available to replace Roy NOW/TODAY. Haven't seen a single name on this thread.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to both apologise directly to you and clarify my thoughts ( many think daft thoughts....)
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #67: Nov 16, 2010 03:26:16 pm
      It wasnt me that you were on at the first time mate so there is no need to apologise to me, I just wanted clarification on what you were saying, and now you have, thanks for that.
      I dont agree that the difference isnt that great, but I take your point, Roy is a premiership manager, I think that, like me, a lot of supporters belive that Roy is a premiership manager, but Rafa is a world class manager.
      But Rafa is gone and we have to move on from that [much as I dislike it].

In answer to your other question "My other point is other than King Kenny, who would/ is available to replace Roy NOW/TODAY. Haven't seen a single name on this thread."

Personally, I dont feel Kenny would be the right man, for various reasons, mostly expressed by others already. An Alternative name, that could come straight in and do a better job, Frank Rijkaard.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #68: Nov 16, 2010 04:18:10 pm
      Woy is a mid-table manager so actually he is performing to his ability

Now I have that out of my system I would support Kenny coming in to steady the 'steady' ship knowing that he is a giant of a man who will always do what is right for the club, and that will include stepping aside when it is the right thing to do.

YNWA

Quick Reply