Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Changing Managers' after a third of the season.

Read 9980 times
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Re: Changing Managers' after a quarter of the season.
      Reply #23: Nov 15, 2010 04:15:58 pm
      You need to read the posts more plenty of names have been put forward but many of them are snapped up by clubs. good managers dont hang around the dole que for long.
      Helloooo, TODAY, who would you suggest replace Roy..
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 15, 2010 04:19:25 pm
      If woy's is still hear by january I hope damian comolli sorts the transfers out I don't want woy bringing carlton cole, jay bothroyd and n'zogbia in there more average players who aren't good enough for are squad
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #25: Nov 15, 2010 04:23:11 pm
      Helloooo, TODAY, who would you suggest replace Roy..
      "If not Roy who" thread 1285 posts 18000 views fill your boots.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Nov 15, 2010 04:24:18 pm
      No it is not the Liverpool Way.

The last two managers were on board for over 300 matches each.

However, we experienced a great change this year in the very ownership of this club which required unusual methods to accomplish.

EG. Three man board outvoting the owners.

Therefore to quote a saying : "It takes unusual methods to achieve unusual results"*

The ownership change is only the first part of it.  The manager is next ... to restart "The Liverpool Way"

(*Or: Unless you change ... if you continue to do what you are doing, you are going to continue to get the results you are getting.)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Nov 15, 2010 04:25:40 pm
      I disagree...

Kenny would bring a "Feel good factor" for a large proportion of the fans granted but who's to say it would the players?? There's nothing to suggest an 23 year old player from Spain would work much harder with King Kenny at the helm.
      I honestly believe with 20 years away from management he'd be just as bad as "old man balls" in the current game.. The only difference would be how painful it would feel watching the fans turn on him..
      Call me a cnut but I think in the current game Kenny is also severely under qualified.. I think getting in someone else to steady the ship again would be a mistake..
      Anything less than a top manager and top players would see us not reach the top 4 again IMO..

If any player of any age and any nationality at the club couldnt be boosted by a man of the Kings status walking into the dressing room and calling the shots then quite frankly they shouldnt be ta the club.

Gerrard and Torres admire him greatly they'd respond. The king has every medal as player and a nice collection as manager to. If he couldnt get the attention of the squad well then that squad is as much a problem as the current manager
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Nov 15, 2010 04:30:12 pm
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=34551.new#new

New Thread with back up to do it from Tomkins.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #29: Nov 15, 2010 04:30:27 pm
      On the basis of Chico's arguement Shankly and Paisley aswell as Fagan wouldnt be qualified to take over if they were available today.
      Its starting to get weary banging on about Kenny but incase I and most of the people on here havent made it abundently clear        
        KENNY IS OUR MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all we have to do is convince some people that havent got a f***in clue about football that we are right and Purslow was wrong.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #30: Nov 15, 2010 04:33:01 pm
       I do not believe LFC should change manager within a few months, I think any manager should be given at least two seasons but as new owners they can fire Roy and get there own man.
       If Roy had been employed by NESV the I would expect them to give him at least two years, if they fire Roy I would hope they give the next manager at least two years
       Sacking a manager after such a short time is not the Liverpool way, we do not want to end up like Newcastle
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #31: Nov 15, 2010 04:38:00 pm
      I do not believe LFC should change manager within a few months, I think any manager should be given at least two seasons but as new owners they can fire Roy and get there own man.
       If Roy had been employed by NESV the I would expect them to give him at least two years, if they fire Roy I would hope they give the next manager at least two years
       Sacking a manager after such a short time is not the Liverpool way, we do not want to end up like Newcastle
      Well sadly your loyality may well leave us in the same boat as Newcastle found themselves relegated.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #32: Nov 15, 2010 04:38:02 pm
      Sorry but I can't take any poster seriously who clearly ignores facts. How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's or good enough for Liverpool in anyway.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #33: Nov 15, 2010 04:41:53 pm

I agree to a certain extent that sacking managers so soon is not the right action to take, but two seasons is a bit of a stretch in my eyes.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #34: Nov 15, 2010 04:51:08 pm
      I agree to a certain extent that sacking managers so soon is not the right action to take, but two seasons is a bit of a stretch in my eyes.
        Two season is the least amount of time to give a manager (if you have employed him), I am sure as each game goes by a manager learns more about his player and how to get the best from each player
       I am not trying to defend Roy but he must be learning more ever game
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #35: Nov 15, 2010 05:06:46 pm
        Two season is the least amount of time to give a manager (if you have employed him), I am sure as each game goes by a manager learns more about his player and how to get the best from each player
      I think thats were the problem lies Eddio. Roy Hodgsons tactics will never change so its upto the players to get use to him, so therefore will you accept Roy here for another two years with nando and Pepe gone, and Carlton Cole and whoever in their place whilst we are probably playing Tranmere in our future Derbies?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #36: Nov 15, 2010 05:08:02 pm
      Im getting sick of the "its not the Liverpool way" comments

Sh*te football is not the Liverpool way
      Outplayed and outbattled by Stoke, Wigan, Blackpool is not the Liverpool way
      Mid table bottom half of the table is not the Liverpool way
      and so on

So please stop going on about the Liverpool way when discussing the manager because he is not the Liverpool way
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #37: Nov 15, 2010 05:11:38 pm
      Hodgson was brought in under the old regime.  The entire outlook at the club is now different.

Removing managers is usually never a good idea, but the goings on at Anfield over the past 6 months have hardly been a normal situation.

He would never have got the job under NESV.  Sadly he is a small time manager from the days of us being run by small time owners. 

Not only is he lacking on the pitch, but his inability to distinguish being in charge at Fulham and Liverpool is embarrassing us all.  With Roy in charge we will continue to look small-time to the players and future transfer targets.

We deserve much better and unfortunately be it a third in to a season or not, a bad decision in the summer must now be corrected by men big enough to look at their famous 'stats'.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #38: Nov 15, 2010 05:12:29 pm
      Im getting sick of the "its not the Liverpool way" comments

Sh*te football is not the Liverpool way
      Outplayed and outbattled by Stoke, Wigan, Blackpool is not the Liverpool way
      Mid table bottom half of the table is not the Liverpool way
      and so on

So please stop going on about the Liverpool way when discussing the manager because he is not the Liverpool way
      Brian I have just posted the exact same reply on another thread .Never in our history have we accepted mediocrity.
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Nov 15, 2010 05:13:46 pm
      Sorry but I can't take any poster seriously who clearly ignores facts. How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's or good enough for Liverpool in anyway.
      I take it English is not your main language? Either that or perhaps you are , well how can I politely ask you re your mental capacity? I posted:

"Go to Wikepedia and compare Roy and Rafa's achievements as Managers. Not day and night the way you portray Hodgson's underachievements"

You responded, and again I suspect you are heavily medicated for any kind of intellectual deficiency your post suggests you have:

" How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's ". Please ask a friend ( I know I'm assuming you have one" to explain to you my post in no way, shape or form said what you have posted. Good luck in your convalescense, science is accelarating reliable treatments for disadvantaged folks like you.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #40: Nov 15, 2010 05:16:17 pm
      Brian I have just posted the exact same reply on another thread .Never in our history have we accepted mediocrity.

Its all too easy to hide behind the "not the Liverpool way" quote while we continue to fall behind.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Nov 15, 2010 05:18:56 pm

Did you watch the Stoke game!? I severely doubt he is learning anything at all. Out of 105 games away from home in the premier league he has 13 wins. Yes, not all at Liverpool, but i think that shows he aint learning because nothing has changed here!

I take it English is not your main language? Either that or perhaps you are , well how can I politely ask you re your mental capacity? I posted:

"Go to Wikepedia and compare Roy and Rafa's achievements as Managers. Not day and night the way you portray Hodgson's underachievements"

You responded, and again I suspect you are heavily medicated for any kind of intellectual deficiency your post suggests you have:

" How you can say Roy's CV is better than Rafa's ". Please ask a friend ( I know I'm assuming you have one" to explain to you my post in no way, shape or form said what you have posted. Good luck in your convalescense, science is accelarating reliable treatments for disadvantaged folks like you.

Okay, he may have mis-understood your post. Doesn't mean you have to an arsehole.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #42: Nov 15, 2010 05:27:49 pm
      I dont like big words but I understand what an arsehole is. ;D
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #43: Nov 15, 2010 05:33:58 pm
      Did you watch the Stoke game!? I severely doubt he is learning anything at all. Out of 105 games away from home in the premier league he has 13 wins. Yes, not all at Liverpool, but I think that shows he aint learning because nothing has changed here!

Okay, he may have mis-understood your post. Doesn't mean you have to an arsehole.

Well said, I apologise. Timely reminder of my behaviour, cheers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #44: Nov 15, 2010 05:37:38 pm

But we will end up like Newcastle if we keep with Roy, he will get us relegated to the championship they way he is carrying on.

As for the fans we've already turned into Newcastle, don't you remember drawing at home to West Ham 0-0 two years ago to go top of the league and our fans F***ing booed. So it's pointless saying we'll end up like that, we're already there.

We need to get shut of Roy if we want to progress as a club and F***ing pronto!!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #45: Nov 15, 2010 05:50:35 pm
       What all teams need is continuity and if we sack one manager after a few months will the next manager get the time he needs before everyone is calling for his head
       We could find ourselves on a slippy slop 

Quick Reply