Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Sad And Proud

Read 1007 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Sad And Proud
      Dec 02, 2010 06:47:34 am
       I was watching the memorial service on the t.v. for the 29 miners who lost their lives in the mining disaster in Greymouth New Zealand and that was very sad.During the service a lady sang Y.N.W.A. and that brought many sad and happy memories back to me,what made me feel so proud was when the t.v. announcer talked about the significance of the song to Liverpool Football Club and the 96 who lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster. It felt good to know that someone in the media in little old New Zealand knew about our club.I hope I am not being disrespectful using the word proud ,that is the last thing I would want to convey.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Sad And Proud
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2010 07:05:33 am
      Not at all Billy, i understand what you mean. Sad about the events, but proud that our club song is so famous and meaningful that it stretches beyond the realms of football.

I remember watching a christmas concert thing back in Australia a few years back and Jimmy Barnes and his son sung YNWA - made me feel proud as a Liverpool fan. Yeah, i know originally it wasn't Liverpool but it is now.

We should be immensely proud of our song, it touches so many people in all walks of life. It gives me shivers every time i hear it, and has a lot of meaning beyond football. Thats what makes it so special - what makes our club so special.

One of the tattoos i want is a YNWA tattoo - i know some think its just because of Liverpool, and that is a big part of it - but those words in themselves are very powerful. They are a mantra for me in a way, a way of remembering no matter what, im never alone.

RIP to those miners. YNWA.

Quick Reply