Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Agger challenges Roy's guts.

Read 7066 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Agger challenges Roy's guts.
      Dec 03, 2010 06:32:47 pm
      Not sure if this is a wise move by Agger but I certainly don't blame him for doing it.  More to the point he obviously doesn't know if he's wanted or not.

Liverpool Daniel Agger has reportedly challenged Roy Hodgson to "have the guts" to tell him if his Anfield career is over.

Agger has been a frustrating figure during his team on Merseyside, drawing comparisons to legendary Reds defender Alan Hansen with his early performances, before spending far too much of the past 18 months in the treatment room.

Hodgson is reported to be in the market for a new centre-back during the January transfer window, with Jamie Carragher out until March, and Stoke's Ryan Shawcross has been linked with a switch to Anfield.

However, the Reds are unlikely to have a war chest at their disposal in the near future, so Hodgson may well have to sell in order to fund significant signings. Agger is reportedly viewed as a possible make-weight, but the Dane has no plans to leave Liverpool.

"Liverpool can't force me out of the club even if they want to as I have got four years left on my contract," Agger told Jyllands-Posten.

"I find it strange that people who don't know anything shout everything possible. I expect Roy Hodgson to have the guts to tell me face to face if he doesn't want me and he hasn't said that."

www.espn.co.uk
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Agger challenges Roy's guts.
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2010 06:36:16 pm
      Well F***ing said Danny. Someone who wants to be here and willing to fight for the cause. Him being a top class defender helps, too!

Keep him. F**k Woy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2010 06:37:21 pm
      F**k Roy off, keep Dagger.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2010 06:37:57 pm
      Well F***ing said Danny. Someone who wants to be here and willing to fight for the cause. Him being a top class defender helps, too!

Keep him. F**k Woy.

QFT.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2010 06:40:10 pm
      Damn bloody right!! Go on Danny, can't go wrong with that kind of attitude.

The title of this thread made me conjure up some funny images in my head though. :D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2010 06:43:06 pm
      That Jyylands-Posten up to no good again!

Well said Daniel, you'll be around longer than Roy. Class player.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2010 06:43:12 pm
      FFS!! Hodgson could end up selling him and then he'l be gone himself!!
      The Kop needs to start chanting Aggers name even when he is not in the squad.. that would surely send out a message!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2010 06:44:21 pm
      Damn bloody right!! Go on Danny, can't go wrong with that kind of attitude.

The title of this thread made me conjure up some funny images in my head though. :D

Sorry B, I only used what the headline for the article was.  
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2010 06:47:05 pm
      Well in D'Agger.

Hopefully Roy's gone soon and he can return to fitness and become a regular. He's one of the best defenders around in my eyes.

Sorry for being ignorant but what does that mean? :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2010 06:49:38 pm
      Sorry B, I only used what the headline for the article was. 

Oh don't be, i like it. :)
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2010 06:50:46 pm
      Well said Dagger! You can tell he really loves the club, if only we had more players like him. Wouldn't mind our manager showing the same passion and commitment as well.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if when Agger returns, Roy will still go with Skrtel/Soto in the middle. If it does happen then Roy can f**k right off.

Well in D'Agger.

Hopefully Roy's gone soon and he can return to fitness and become a regular. He's one of the best defenders around in my eyes.

Sorry for being ignorant but what does that mean? :D

Quoted for truth.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #11: Dec 03, 2010 06:54:34 pm
      To be honest, I would happily sign Shawcross as he's a good centre half, but what I wouldn't do it sell Agger. Not a chance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Dec 03, 2010 06:56:51 pm
      Having a dig at the media and Roy in the one swoop their
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Dec 03, 2010 06:58:03 pm
      Not sure if this is a wise move by Agger but I certainly don't blame him for doing it.  More to the point he obviously doesn't know if he's wanted or not.

Liverpool Daniel Agger has reportedly challenged Roy Hodgson to "have the guts" to tell him if his Anfield career is over.

Agger has been a frustrating figure during his team on Merseyside, drawing comparisons to legendary Reds defender Alan Hansen with his early performances, before spending far too much of the past 18 months in the treatment room.

Hodgson is reported to be in the market for a new centre-back during the January transfer window, with Jamie Carragher out until March, and Stoke's Ryan Shawcross has been linked with a switch to Anfield.

However, the Reds are unlikely to have a war chest at their disposal in the near future, so Hodgson may well have to sell in order to fund significant signings. Agger is reportedly viewed as a possible make-weight, but the Dane has no plans to leave Liverpool.

"Liverpool can't force me out of the club even if they want to as I have got four years left on my contract," Agger told Jyllands-Posten.

"I find it strange that people who don't know anything shout everything possible. I expect Roy Hodgson to have the guts to tell me face to face if he doesn't want me and he hasn't said that."

www.espn.co.uk

It's not Liverpool, it would appear to be Hodgson. Strange how some want to leave to sit on a Spanish subs bench and others want to stay?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Dec 03, 2010 06:58:27 pm
      Roy out.

Well in, Dagger. Love you to bits and you're worth much more than Roy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #15: Dec 03, 2010 07:02:02 pm
      He wouldn't recognise a footballer if one fell on him. Dont ask us to choose Roy you wouldnt like the answer you would get.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #16: Dec 03, 2010 07:11:36 pm
      The title of this article is a little deceiving for what the article actually says (and I'm not blaming the poster of this as it has already been clarified that he simply reposted it on here with the same title).  Agger never really challenges Roy in his comments.  He simply says that he would expect Roy to do what any decent man would do and be honest with him about his future.  He doesn't call Roy out, nor does he say that he thinks Roy has any intention so sell him.  

In my opinion, he is basically saying that all of the journos out there who have been writing about how Daniel is on his way out due to a rift between him and Roy are just making sh*t up, and that he will not be going anywhere in January.  

"Liverpool can't force me out of the club even if they want to as I have got four years left on my contract"

This simply seems to support the fact that Daniel wants to stay and fight for the club!  We want you to stay as well Dagger!  YNWA

*  Its amazing how much you can contort what someone was actually trying to say when you only look at little snipets of their comments.  I'd like to hear the rest of what Agger had to say in this interview, although I doubt we'll find anything else written by the journo because it doesn't make for a controversial story.  
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #17: Dec 03, 2010 07:23:02 pm
      Well if the rumours about reducing the wage bill are true and Hodgson does hang around until the end of the season, do you think Daniel could be heading to Inter on loan for six months?  He's worked with Rafa before so he is familiar with his methods and they could use with a CB (Samuel is out for the season with injury), they'd be paying his wages, would be a cheaper alternative for Moratti and if Hodgson isn't going to be using him anyway, it does make sense.

Good on Danny for coming out and saying this.  Initially, I had plans to get him on my new jersey once the NAPM campaign is over but was waiting until January in the hope that he stays - I'm a big fan of the young Dane.  Hell I should be a journalist I'm so good at putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 26.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #18: Dec 03, 2010 07:49:17 pm
      It's not Liverpool, it would appear to be Hodgson. Strange how some want to leave to sit on a Spanish subs bench and others want to stay?

RP,do you mean dudek?  :f_tongueincheek:
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Dec 03, 2010 09:30:18 pm
      I'm not spending another penny on anything to do with my beloved club until Roy has gone and Dagger is back in the team!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Dec 03, 2010 09:34:33 pm
      Dagger stabs Woy in the back... Nice one Danny :)
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Dec 03, 2010 10:08:12 pm

This. He's the best defender we've got aside Carra.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #22: Dec 03, 2010 10:08:15 pm
      At last a player lets rip on woeful Woy. Well in Danny boy. ;D

Quick Reply