Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)

Read 52611 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Connor Wickham (Ipswich Town)
      Reply #460: Jun 29, 2011 07:58:16 am
      Has he really snubbed/Is he really snubbing us for Sunderland?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #461: Jun 29, 2011 07:58:45 am
      Has he really snubbed/Is he really snubbing us for Sunderland?

We might not have even made a bid so it's impossible to say.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #462: Jun 29, 2011 08:06:33 am
      Sky Sports tweeting earlier that he's having his medical at Sunderland today.

Bet we were never even in for him. :roll: :f_tongueincheek:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #463: Jun 29, 2011 08:42:18 am
      If he was a serious target as seems to have been reported then why the F**k have we been beaten to his signing by fathead.....£8m plus add-ons - FFS are we going down the same route as when Parry was in charge and we missed players for a few million.....
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #464: Jun 29, 2011 09:20:17 am
      FFS ... This is devastating, he'll be a 30 million pound player in 2-3 seasons.

Saying that though, moving to Sunderland will be better for his development rather than sitting in our reserves or bench. He's guarenteed a place in their first 11.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #465: Jun 29, 2011 09:45:04 am
      We played like mugs; fans cry 'Can't believe we didn't pay that.'

We pull out of a deal to make us look like mugs; fans moan 'F***ing Sunderland outbid us. We're skint.'

Personally, 13m for a youngster is ridiculous. He can do one to Sunderland. Go Continental and you'll find better players without the 1 in front of the 3 on the price tag.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #466: Jun 29, 2011 09:54:39 am
      Adrian of Deportivo is supposedly available for 7.5 million prefer to gamble on him
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #467: Jun 29, 2011 10:07:30 am
      Adrian of Deportivo is supposedly available for 7.5 million prefer to gamble on him
      Defineltly a good idea this guy has been amazing in the U21 Euro's.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #468: Jun 29, 2011 10:19:01 am

We pull out of a deal to make us look like mugs; fans moan 'F***ing Sunderland outbid us. We're skint.'

Personally, 13m for a youngster is ridiculous. He can do one to Sunderland. Go Continental and you'll find better players without the 1 in front of the 3 on the price tag.

I read the price is £8m plus £2m add ons - and why shouldnt we pay the extra couple of million if he was one of our serious targets.

Ill look forward to our back up striker costing £3m though Crouchy please let Kenny know this continental genius so he can go have a look.

Your scouting network must be impressive....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #469: Jun 29, 2011 10:37:22 am
      Sky Sports tweeting earlier that he's having his medical at Sunderland today.

Bet we were never even in for him. :roll: :f_tongueincheek:
      To be fair Joey there was loads of bluster and speculation not just here but in the media and other forums I expect, but very little if nothing in the way of positive statements from the club.
      So the supporters were in a state of self induced expection which as in this case invariably leads to disappointment.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #470: Jun 29, 2011 10:57:34 am
      If this goes through then i take it the NGog deal is off?.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #471: Jun 29, 2011 11:19:27 am
      To say I am gutted is an understatement. I was convinced he would join us. Haven't been this annoyed about a transfer not happening ever before. Aw well, lets hope Kenny and Commolli know what they are doing.  :-\
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #472: Jun 29, 2011 11:28:02 am
      To be fair, the whole ' Liverpool Want him' media have not once came out with a direct quote from anyone at LFC. We might have showed an interest but that's it. Nothing was concrete.

Even if we did really want him, we couldn't guarantee him 1st team football and maybe the lad wanted to play every week and not go down the same route as other players who chose money over football early In their career. Wright phillips and Parker done it at Chelsea and all but ruined their career. Parker has got better but far too late in his career.

I wanted Wickham at us but can see why he might choose 1st team football. Good head on his shoulders if that's the case.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #473: Jun 29, 2011 11:32:46 am
      To be fair Joey there was loads of bluster and speculation not just here but in the media and other forums I expect, but very little if nothing in the way of positive statements from the club.
      So the supporters were in a state of self induced expection which as in this case invariably leads to disappointment.

And there it is in a nutshell.

Transfer windows were bad enough when we only had newspapers and ceefax.

With the internet "ITK" and "inside men" from various publications, and blogs where every hit counts towards site revenue, it's become ridiculous, which is why I said in bllods thread "we get who we get"

If people stress over every player allegedly linked with us when we don't sign them, it's going to be a long summer, and a trip to the docs will be needed after suffering a nervous breakdown, and/or transfer psychosis.

In fact, I think I've just coined a new phrase in "transfer psychosis" ©

;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #474: Jun 29, 2011 11:33:03 am
      Disappointed we didn't get him........ and if we wern't interested in signing him...... WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #475: Jun 29, 2011 12:34:22 pm
      Disappointed we didn't get him........ and if we wern't interested in signing him...... WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!
        :roll:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #476: Jun 29, 2011 01:18:03 pm
      Like i said will happen, Beachball head will sign him and send him on to Slur Alex in the next season or so. It's all about making a profit for the likes of Sunderland.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #477: Jun 29, 2011 01:21:45 pm
      Good shout kenny. Sunderland's of the league are feeder teams looking for a profit and Beachball knows he has a buyer if it works out.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #478: Jun 29, 2011 01:23:35 pm
      He will get more opportunities with Sunderland than with us and I am sure he must have thought about that side of it. if he proves himself I am pretty sure we will be in for him at some point. Good luck to the lad.

As kenny says, we'll ahve no chance if Utd are in for him too. Fat 'ed will ship him off to OT for a mars bar and a beachball.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #479: Jun 29, 2011 01:40:12 pm
      This window is going to be a strange one for us in comparison to how it plays out for everyone else and, to some extent, our previous transfer windows (i.e. very much in the open).

You can say there has been no official quotes from the club regarding the matter, but how many did you read before Henderson was basically at Melwood going through a medical?

People are saying they think we're skint because we're not bidding for anyone, but the fact of the matter is - no-one outside the club knows a thing any more.

Spot on.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #480: Jun 29, 2011 02:15:05 pm
      Black Cats snap up Wickham
      Steve Bruce has made England under-21 international Connor Wickham his latest summer signing.
      The 6'3" 18-year-old - rated as one of the country's brightest talents - has moved from Ipswich Town for a fee of £8m, with the potential to rise to £12m over the course of the contract, depending on a number of factors.
      Wickham, who was named the Football League's Young Player of the Year for the 2010-11 season, has signed a four-year deal on Wearside.
      The player returned from international duty earlier this week after representing his country in the U21 European Championships in Denmark.
      Wickham became Ipswich's youngest ever player when he made his debut for the Tractor Boys aged just 16 years and 11 days.
      The striker's first full season yielded a return of six goals in 10 starts and a further 19 appearances off the bench, while he netted nine goals in 40 games last term before winning the prestigious Football League award.
      He also scored the winning goal for England's under-17 side in the U17 European Championships Final last summer.

http://www.safc.com/news/20110629/black-cats-snap-up-wickham_2256213_2383586

Close thread.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #481: Jun 29, 2011 02:17:55 pm
      a bit disappointed to tell you the truth
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #482: Jun 29, 2011 02:19:43 pm
      We'll probably end up buying him off them in a season or two for £20 odd million plus some cast off's.

I wonder if MOTD will show his potential. ;)

Quick Reply