Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The 'I'm gonna beat your screen to smithereens' Technology Frustrations thread.

Read 8329 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: The 'I'm gonna beat your screen to smithereens' Technology Frustrations thread.
      Reply #46: Jun 08, 2010 12:45:12 am
      Sh*t.

My computer simply stopped working for no aparent reason.

AGAIN!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: The 'I'm gonna beat your screen to smithereens' Technology Frustrations thread.
      Reply #47: Jun 08, 2010 02:19:47 pm

Mine kept doing that a couple of years back, then my bro (pc engineer) told me to check the fans inside, and give them a brush out, and also check the power connections inside.

Since then, I take the fan off the processor every six months or so (and the one on the power pack) and give them a good clean, and bingo, no more probs.

I'll be getting him to build me a new one soon anyway - so much cheaper than buying one pre-built, and he has an account with novatech or someone similar, so it's all good :)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #48: Aug 18, 2010 03:12:51 pm
      Got my Xbox 360 fixed 2 weeks ago. Had a sh*t day yesterday ending in me sitting down to play my xbox and would you believe it, broken AGAIN! Really getting pissed off with it. Getting it fixed again tomorrow if it I don't put it through the window first!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Aug 19, 2010 11:55:59 pm
      Got my Xbox 360 fixed 2 weeks ago. Had a sh*t day yesterday ending in me sitting down to play my xbox and would you believe it, broken AGAIN! Really getting pissed off with it. Getting it fixed again tomorrow if it I don't put it through the window first!

Get a PS3 - easy fix ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #50: Aug 23, 2010 04:46:53 pm
      Ha tempting but unfortunately i'm a skint student, and broken Xbox 360's don't make as much money as they used to. :p
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #51: Aug 24, 2010 10:16:25 pm
      Finally got my xbox fixed, again! Keep an eye on this thread to see if it'll break again. Anyway helped me rediscover Assassins Creed.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #52: Dec 09, 2010 12:40:56 am
      My older brother and his wife aren't very computer savy, so whenever there's issues or they need something more complicated done I usually help them. They have a laptop with windows vista on it. A while ago the DVD player/writer started having issues with reading discs, they never really used it so not a big problem, untill now. Not sure what happened, but somehow the last time they were on the computer they didn't close off properly or they closed it during an update, or something like that. Because the next time they turned it on they got that start up screen with safe mode options and stuff, but whichever option is chosen, windows won't start, just keeps loading for ages. So, ofcourse the only option left is repairing windows through the installation DVD, but ofcourse, the damn DVD player is unable to read the damn thing and won't boot from it! So now I'm going to copy the windows DVD content onto a USB stick and try to boot it from there, or something. Probably my only chance, since I doubt the BIOS will recognise an external DVD drive as alternative, but you never know. I never have any computer issues myself, but I always get really frustrated helping others with their computer issues! Somehow it's always something that should be fixed fast but ends up taking ages. :mad:
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #53: Dec 09, 2010 12:51:40 pm
      If I recieve a message on facebook chat the whole system will freeze. Ridiculous!

if you are using Firefox, that could be the problem, such as add-ons. I had the same problem a few months back, think it was the real-player add on the was the problem.

that's impossible
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #54: Dec 09, 2010 11:30:47 pm
      My older brother and his wife aren't very computer savy, so whenever there's issues or they need something more complicated done I usually help them. They have a laptop with windows vista on it. A while ago the DVD player/writer started having issues with reading discs, they never really used it so not a big problem, untill now. Not sure what happened, but somehow the last time they were on the computer they didn't close off properly or they closed it during an update, or something like that. Because the next time they turned it on they got that start up screen with safe mode options and stuff, but whichever option is chosen, windows won't start, just keeps loading for ages. So, ofcourse the only option left is repairing windows through the installation DVD, but ofcourse, the damn DVD player is unable to read the damn thing and won't boot from it! So now I'm going to copy the windows DVD content onto a USB stick and try to boot it from there, or something. Probably my only chance, since I doubt the BIOS will recognise an external DVD drive as alternative, but you never know. I never have any computer issues myself, but I always get really frustrated helping others with their computer issues! Somehow it's always something that should be fixed fast but ends up taking ages. :mad:

Take it it's a pre vista version of Windows so if there's a dvd/cd to reboot it?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #55: Dec 10, 2010 01:58:36 am
      Take it it's a pre vista version of Windows so if there's a dvd/cd to reboot it?
      No, it's not pre, it came with the laptop. I have windows 7 myself and have a DVD to boot it with as well, came with my PC. Managed to boot it from the USB stick though, ofcourse then I ran into some other issues but, after formatting and reinstalling I got it working again.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2010 02:05:02 am by Dexter »

Quick Reply