Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Diving ! We're all hypocrites

Read 7025 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Diving ! We're all hypocrites
      Dec 09, 2010 05:03:06 pm
      I was just reading the Luis Suarez thread in the winter transfer board and there seems to be a number off people who have ruled him out because he's a diver and it made me think.

I've been looking through match threads and it's almost  always the same reaction when our player dives everyone's laughing and thinks it's hilarious but when anyone else dives everyone gets up on their high horse and ridicules them.

Read through the threads yourself and look at the posters that have one rule for us and another for everyone else.
      Heres one of the many examples I found after Gerrard won the Footballer of the Year

Well done Stevie, its about time the press realised the fantastic talent we have at Anfield.Furthermore Stevie has achieved the award without resorting to diving,take note Drogba and Ronaldo.

Steven Gerrard - Diving hypocrite

Well I'm afraid he does dive Billy1, and I could find clips off Carragher,Ngog,Agger,Pacheco,Babel, just off the top of my head.
      Why are people on this forum so hypocritical ? I don't like diving but I'm starting to accept it's becoming part off the modern game and I wont give out about other players doing it unless I was giving out about our own players aswell !!
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010 05:09:03 pm by MiciG91 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Diving ! We're all hypocrites
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2010 05:14:39 pm
      Can't make such a generalisation, I hate diving and think part of the problem are people who say 'I don't like it, but it's part of the game' - no it f'n isn't, it's against the rules (and spirit) of the game and proponents of this dark art, including our players, should be called on it.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2010 05:18:56 pm
      I hope no one has said "but diving, it's a part of the game nowadays".  I don't mind going down easily, in fact I wish Torres would go down more at times, when clearly being impeded.  But diving is another matter altogether.  The more times I see the incident with N'gog, the more I sure if he'd stayed on his feet, he'd have got clattered and still got the penalty, which just feels more honest.  I don't like diving and I hate the feeling of disappointment  I get, if it's one of our players diving.  Don't really agree that things even themselves out over a season either, so this isn't to me 'make-up' time for the beach ball incident.  I'd prefer to win (or even draw or lose)  honest and I don't care if every other team was diving, week in, week out, doesn't mean I should accept that we do it to.

You are a prime example of the hypocrite i'm on about.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2010 05:19:44 pm
      I hate diving, Really irritates me, especially when it goes against you. But it's part of the game now and something the Leaders of football will have to try and stamp out.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2010 05:21:19 pm
      You are a prime example of the hypocrite i'm on about.

Huge difference between diving & going down when being fouled.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2010 05:23:52 pm
      ... can of worms being opened in this thread MiciG.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2010 05:26:08 pm
      Huge difference between diving & going down when being fouled.
      Ya i actually misread that quote sorry :/ i just saw the bit where you said i don't care when other teams dive !!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #7: Dec 09, 2010 05:26:59 pm
      Quote from: Roddenberry
      I don't mind going down easily, in fact I wish Torres would go down more at times, when clearly being impeded.  But diving is another matter altogether.

To be honest, mate, when Torres is not 'up for it' and has an off game, he's on his arse as much as Drogba. When he was getting flack at the start of the season for below par performances, he seemed to spend most of his time collecting the ball then backing into players until they made any sort of challenge, at which point he's leap 2ft off the ground and land in a crumpled heap.
      I love Nando but it's something I wish he did LESS, not more.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Dec 09, 2010 05:28:49 pm
      I was just reading the Luis Suarez thread in the winter transfer board and there seems to be a number off people who have ruled him out because he's a diver and it made me think.

I've been looking through match threads and it's almost  always the same reaction when our player dives everyone's laughing and thinks it's hilarious but when anyone else dives everyone gets up on their high horse and ridicules them.

Read through the threads yourself and look at the posters that have one rule for us and another for everyone else.
      Heres one of the many examples I found after Gerrard won the Footballer of the Year

Steven Gerrard - Diving hypocrite

Well I'm afraid he does dive Billy1, and I could find clips off Carragher,Ngog,Agger,Pacheco,Babel, just off the top of my head.
      Why are people on this forum so hypocritical ? I don't like diving but I'm starting to accept it's becoming part off the modern game and I wont give out about other players doing it unless I was giving out about our own players aswell !!

I agree with you to an extent, i hate diving but I know it at times comes from our very own players, but that video highlights something that you've not realised, there are about 5 clips of gerrard 'diving' spread over what, 4 years of his footballing career say. There is no way you can compare him with the likes of Drogba, Nani etc when these players are doing it more than a few times per match.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Dec 09, 2010 05:30:15 pm
      Ya i actually misread that quote sorry :/ i just saw the bit where you said i don't care when other teams dive !!

And you've misread that as well, because the qualifier is just because others sdo it, doesn't mewe should accept it.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Dec 09, 2010 05:35:44 pm
      I hate to see diving as it is a form of cheating to get a free kick or penalty for your team, I think generally our players aren't nowhere near as bad as some other teams who blatantly fall over as if they've been shot, like Ronaldo when he played for the scum, and Drogba for instance.

I think if you asked any Footballer if he could take advantage of a situation, and he answered honestly, then he would answer 'yes'.

Some players are far worse then others and I think it's up to the Ref's to keep an eye on these known 'cheats' and deal with them accordingly.

Liverpool have won the fair play league many times in the past which proves they are far from the worst offenders in the League.

MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #11: Dec 09, 2010 05:37:57 pm
      I agree with you to an extent, I hate diving but I know it at times comes from our very own players, but that video highlights something that you've not realised, there are about 5 clips of gerrard 'diving' spread over what, 4 years of his footballing career say. There is no way you can compare him with the likes of Drogba, Nani etc when these players are doing it more than a few times per match.
      Ah to be fair i could find alot more !
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #12: Dec 09, 2010 05:42:11 pm
      and I could find clips off Carragher,Ngog,Agger,Pacheco,Babel, just off the top of my head.

I can guarantee that at least 3 of those player don't dive, so I very much doubt you could find those clips.

Carragher? Havin' a laugh aren't you?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #13: Dec 09, 2010 05:42:34 pm
      Ah to be fair I could find alot more !
      Go on then!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Dec 09, 2010 05:47:46 pm
      Stupid thread IMO, i remember when N'gog went down in that Birmingham game last season it was almost unanimous condemning of the action. No one here likes diving, i just think when one of ours do it and get a penalty for it most probably think "well, we'll take it because everyone else does it" - but that does not mean we are condoning it. Like i said, i think almsot everyone was not happy with N'gog - but at the same time, we were not gonna say no to the penalty were we!

Stevie G is more of an exaggerator than a diver, if you get my meaning. Usually he has reason to go down, he just looks like an arse when he does it :D He certainly isn't in the same league as Dogbreath or ladyboy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Dec 09, 2010 05:48:00 pm
      We are all hypocrits in one way or another, and yes our players have dived, but at least our players do not turn it into a art form and only on occasion do one or two fall by the way-side, you cant really blame the players they have been let off for far to long and as such people like referees, lines-men, coaches and others seem to just accept it as part of the game, there is only one way to stamp it out and that means more yellow and red cards but that needs ref's with balls to implement it, in my personal opinion i would dock the team responsible points and ban the culprit for 5 games, maybe then coaches who encourage diving would have a word before leaving the dressing room.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #16: Dec 09, 2010 05:50:28 pm
      The Sheffield utd penalty ?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Dec 09, 2010 05:52:10 pm
      I hate that it is part of the game, but it is. Until there are harsher regulations against diving it will continue. It's not legal, but as long as dives are called as fouls it will continue. And yes, our players do it too. I do also think we underestimate the speed and power these players face on a daily basis. Hell, in F***ing leagues I play in people have called me a diver, when I've been pulled on and tripped or fallen. Not like I'm doing it intentionally, but when someone knocks me off my balance it is possible to fall.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,732 posts | 7166 
      Reply #18: Dec 09, 2010 05:53:04 pm
      These are proffesional sportsmen paid highly for winning this is not the Corinthians. Despise it as we may do but its not going to go away. I particularily hate the way forwards put their foot onto the goalkeeper knowing full well a penalty will be awarded.
      Maybe a video Ref in the penalty area wouldnt cause much delay but at least it gives us some good talking points after the match.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Dec 09, 2010 05:58:53 pm
      These are proffesional sportsmen paid highly for winning this is not the Corinthians. Despise it as we may do but its not going to go away. I particularily hate the way forwards put their foot onto the goalkeeper knowing full well a penalty will be awarded.
      Maybe a video Ref in the penalty area wouldnt cause much delay but at least it gives us some good talking points after the match.

Simple one match ban for every offence, every game would make a difference.  Regardless of what the Referee decides on the pitch there is enough video evidence to apply it retrospectively.  Possibly backed up with a fine for the Club, I'm sure there would be a lot less of it.

Doubt the FA, UEFA or FIFA would agree though, they're not that keen on the game being brought into disrepute  :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010 06:13:19 pm by reddebs »
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #20: Dec 09, 2010 06:01:34 pm
      No i'v got a simple solution.If a player is suspected off diving the referee should go over and ask him if he dived ? If he lies and is proven to have lied he should get a suspension and a fine if he continues to do it, the fines and suspensions get bigger !! Easy.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: Dec 09, 2010 06:04:45 pm
      Players who stupidly dive too much do it in the unefficient way, they get a bad reputation and sometimes get finally punished, having no free kicks for real fouls against them.

Players who intelligently dive only when needed and they are sure the referee hasn't a good angle, and who try to maintain a reputation of fair play by condemning stupid divers, do it in the efficient way, looking honest make them the best cheaters.

Professionnal players who never dive just don't exist (one or two exceptions may confirm the rule that's all).

Suarez is in first category with Ronaldo, Gerrard in second, Torres it's variable (I'd say first category diver with Spain in last world cup, more intelligent in general here).

It's better for a club to have intelligent divers than stupid ones so it may be an arguement against Suarez. Anyway he has lot of qualities to compensate. I don't think it's the most important aspect of football.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010 06:18:06 pm by TonioLerouge »
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #22: Dec 09, 2010 06:07:52 pm
      OK, so he took advantage of a bad tackle.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #23: Dec 09, 2010 06:15:43 pm
      OK, so he took advantage of a bad tackle.
      Do you want another one ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,732 posts | 7166 
      Reply #24: Dec 09, 2010 06:15:44 pm
      Anyone remember Robbie against arsenal even when he told the Ref he wasnt fouled the Ref still gave a penalty.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Dec 09, 2010 06:24:00 pm
      Anyone remember Robbie against arsenal even when he told the Ref he wasnt fouled the Ref still gave a penalty.

Yes, I remember that very clearly, Robbie pleaded with the Ref didn't he? but he'd made up his mind.

Alright MiciG91, you've made your point.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #26: Dec 09, 2010 06:25:45 pm
      Simple one match ban for every offence, every game would make a difference.  Regardless of what the Referee decides on the pitch there is enough video evidence to apply it retrospectively.  Possibly backed up with a fine for the Club, I'm sure there would be a lot less of it.

Doubt the FA, UEFA or FIFA would agree though, they're not that keen on the game being brought into disrepute  :f_tongueincheek:

Totally agree.  If retrospective bans were handed out from video evidence then blatant diving would disappear very quickly.

Forget fines.  Footballers earn too much for them to make any impact.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: Dec 09, 2010 06:28:26 pm
      It has grown to be part of the game even though I don't like it being done. However, there are differences between diving, going down easy and exaggerating contact.

IMO, our players don't really dive. I say really because they probably do, but not as often as others. Also IMO, I think Gerrard and Torres can go down real easily. Cristiano Ronaldo was a real diver ( I say 'was' because I think he's doing it less now ) and so is Nani. Then you have Didier Drogba. I am not what his is, he doesn't really dive but he pretends alot and fidgets like his whole has sudden spasms. I guess his is exaggerating. And to be real honest, Torres also goes down easily when he's not in the game at all and that was evident last season.

I was very disappointed with Torres in the World Cup when he tripped over his own foot. I don't think he dove unless he locked his feet together on purpose, then yes. But if it was him tripping over his own feet, he should have said something about the Chilean player not touching him and that he fell on his own, but no, he kept quiet.

Diving, going down easy and exaggerating all depends on how you look at them. To some, it's smart play, to the others, it's cheating. I wouldn't like it being encouraged.

However, I would also like to point out the fact that pitches can be very slippery. If I'm not mistaken, football pitches in competitive matches are usually sprinkled with water (that's how they are able to slide on their knees, isn't it?) and can be slippery. I know they wear studded boots but when you're running or a sudden turn, it's easy to slip and the slightest of contact can knock you off.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #28: Dec 09, 2010 06:40:54 pm
      I don't think there is a point to this thread.

Gerrard takes a tumble easily but F***ing hell so does everyone these days. The thing in the Suarez thread was that he properly dives, not just when he's being slightly fouled (which is what people like Gerrard, Torres, Van Der Vaart etc. do). Suarez goes over all the time and is cheating in the process.

There is a big difference between diving (like Suarez) and exaggeration (Gerrard).
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #29: Dec 09, 2010 06:47:24 pm
      I don't think there is a point to this thread.

Gerrard takes a tumble easily but f**king hell so does everyone these days. The thing in the Suarez thread was that he properly dives, not just when he's being slightly fouled (which is what people like Gerrard, Torres, Van Der Vaart etc. do). Suarez goes over all the time and is cheating in the process.

There is a big difference between diving (like Suarez) and exaggeration (Gerrard).
      Gerrard does both !! Exageration was against Sheffield Utd,and against Milan in the Final,diving (Like Suarez) against Andorra,Bolton,Arsenal.

This kind off post is what i'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Dec 09, 2010 06:47:52 pm
      You can look at it way you like, its just blatant cheating end of, one professional conning another to gain a advantage is cheating, same as feigning injury or wanting a fellow player booked or sent off, unfortunately the powers that be lack the gonnads to do anything about it, they are to busy counting their ill gotton gains and sticking their corrupt little fingers in the cash cow of global football.

Did anyone see the panorama programme ?

Cheats at the top to cheats on the pitch, the Beautiful game indeed  :f_whistle:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #31: Dec 09, 2010 06:51:57 pm
      Gerrard does both !! Exageration was against Sheffield Utd,and against Milan in the Final,diving (Like Suarez) against Andorra,Bolton,Arsenal.

This kind off post is what I'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      Who's side are you actually on?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Dec 09, 2010 06:53:09 pm

I'd actually like some more please, some video footage of Pacheco, Carra and Agger diving, for me you're insinuating hordes of situations when there really haven't been that many related to our players recently.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Dec 09, 2010 06:57:01 pm
      Totally agree.  If retrospective bans were handed out from video evidence then blatant diving would disappear very quickly.

Forget fines.  Footballers earn too much for them to make any impact.

I agree about not fining the players but if the fines are against the Club they would put pressure on the players to cut it out.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #34: Dec 09, 2010 07:03:34 pm
      Obviously Gerrard's side i don't like when he does it but i can understand it's just i don't like when other players are called c**ts,etc when they do it !!
      I'd actually like some more please, some video footage of Pacheco, Carra and Agger diving, for me you're insinuating hordes of situations when there really haven't been that many related to our players recently.
      They'v all done it i only named them because i'm 100% sure they'v done it,Pacheco got a yellow for it in the ressies last year and i cant remember off the top off my head who carra and agger dived against but i remember being proved wrong against a manc when i said they didn't so il come back to that !!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Dec 09, 2010 07:03:48 pm
      F**k off Gerrard doesn't dive!, he 'uses his experience'  :f_tongueincheek:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36: Dec 09, 2010 07:05:56 pm
      Soccer players are embarrassing the way they roll around after being fouled anyway, let alone diving.
      I'd love to see how they would fair playing Rugby for a day. A bunch of big girls blouses the lot of them!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Dec 09, 2010 07:13:56 pm
      We dont dive. We fall with style ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2010 07:15:46 pm

:lmao:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2010 07:17:42 pm
      Gerrard dived a handful of times so what. Is he known around the world as a "Diver"?
      NO, Ronaldo and Nani etc are, that's why we call them cheating cu*ts, they do it ALL the time. Sorry but to be honest your stirring the sh*t over nothing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #40: Dec 09, 2010 07:29:42 pm
      I hate diving, whether it is in our favor, or to our demise.  Granted, it is a bit easier to stomach when it puts us into the lead rather than the other way around, but I still F***ing despise the act.  The game is supposed to be a man's game, but some of the acting in the sport makes the people who play it look like pussies.  I have been hoping that Fifa or the domestic leagues would start to penalize players for their theatrics.... Ex:  Earning a 10 game suspension if video evidence shows that you went to ground without being touched.  That would at least make the players responsible for such antics think twice before trying to con the ref into giving a free kick.

I realize that it is hard to judge "how easy is too easy" when going down after a bit of contact, but there are times when players are not even touched and they go down like they've been shot.  Those players should be made an example of, and it would help to eliminate at least some of the acting that goes on in the sport.  Makes me F***ing sick seeing players who earn more in one week than I do in 2 years crying for a free kick when they easily could have stayed on their feet and lashed a shot at goal anyway....
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #41: Dec 09, 2010 07:33:17 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #42: Dec 09, 2010 08:13:41 pm

This kind off post is what I'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      Gerrard has dived the odd time in his career and the examples of Sheff Utd and Arsenal were exaggerated but were fouls so he had to go down to win the penalty.
      I have a problem with players who are constantly at it week in, week out. But what I hate about diving is the rolling around as if been shot.
      Nani vs us this season is a perfect example. His theatrics were unbelievable!
      Steven Gerrard has never rolled around pretending to be in pain!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Dec 09, 2010 08:40:02 pm
      They'v all done it i only named them because i'm 100% sure they'v done it,Pacheco got a yellow for it in the ressies last year and i cant remember off the top off my head who carra and agger dived against but i remember being proved wrong against a manc when i said they didn't so il come back to that !!

Fair enough, I'll look forward to those clips that you said you could find of other 'Pool players diving.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Dec 09, 2010 09:32:36 pm

:laugh: Love this !!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #45: Dec 09, 2010 09:34:54 pm
      Imo players dive when they get fustrated. Its not only one player, its many players.
      But if players constantly dive, like C. Ronaldo in Man U and Nani, now that is not football.
      You don't see Gerrard rolling over on the floor or crying, thats just stupid.

Now this is diving:
      Ham Actors

All in all, its wrong!
      PlymouthRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #46: Dec 09, 2010 09:40:20 pm
      Imo players dive when they get fustrated. Its not only one player, its many players.
      But if players constantly dive, like C. Ronaldo in Man U and Nani, now that is not football.

Now this is diving:
      Ham Actors

All in all, its wrong!

seen that, some really silly ones on there ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #47: Dec 09, 2010 09:51:28 pm
      ^^  God damn that video is awful!  This is the worst part about "the beautiful game."  I wish FIFA would F***ing allow video replay for goals and "controversial" decisions.  That and a hefty suspension for diving would help to substantially clean up the game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #48: Dec 09, 2010 10:59:49 pm
      Too often when a ref DOES see a dive, he gestures for a player to get up and doesn't book them. I'm all for keeping the play moving but they should be booked at the next opportunity. Might make them think twice about diving next time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #49: Dec 10, 2010 12:03:48 am
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #50: Dec 10, 2010 12:09:03 am
      Did he miss it on purpose??
      It looked like Fowler dived though and maybe he said it wasnt a penalty because he felt embaressed with himself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #51: Dec 10, 2010 12:12:08 am
      Did he miss it on purpose??
      It looked like Fowler dived though and maybe he said it wasnt a penalty because he felt embaressed with himself.

That was the claim, certainly divided opinion on whether he did or not, but for a change was made up with Jase the Ace.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #52: Dec 10, 2010 12:27:56 am

Now this is diving:
      Ham Actors

All in all, its wrong!

Haha! It really underlines the point of this thread since there is in fact a clip with us in that video! (1:38)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #53: Dec 10, 2010 12:35:01 am
      Have to say that was a poor attempt by Gilardino, ;D.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Dec 10, 2010 12:38:13 am
      Some diving c-nuts do get booked, this one always brings a smile to my face.

Gary Neville Dive
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #55: Dec 10, 2010 11:57:58 am
      I'm one of the people criticising Suarez for his diving, but not just the diving, more his overall attitude at times, which the diving is part of. I never ruled him out though, but I do think it's a major flaw of his. I criticise diving by everyone, our own team as well. However, none of our team comes close to Suarez when it comes to acting and diving and tumbling etc.

These are the kind of antics you'll get with him on a regular basis:
      Suarez schwalbe tegen NEC
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #56: Dec 10, 2010 12:09:43 pm

Now this is diving:
      Ham Actors

All in all, its wrong!
      Love the Star Wars Galactic Empire song they're playing to that. :laugh:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #57: Dec 10, 2010 12:19:05 pm
      Diving? Us? Na. We aint done any of that since Michael Owen decided to end his career at Madrid.

Although I do remember 'God' giving it a dabble but immediately deciding he didn't like it that much.

Gerrard goes down when he has to. Get fouled, stay on your feet and you get F**k all. If refs could determine a player being fouled and then staying on his feet from the one who just plays for the foul then the cheats would be exposed.

Simples.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #58: Dec 10, 2010 02:07:57 pm
      I really want to see the example of Carragher diving please!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #59: Dec 10, 2010 02:08:40 pm
      Diving? Us? Na. We aint done any of that since Michael Owen decided to end his career at Madrid.

Although I do remember 'God' giving it a dabble but immediately deciding he didn't like it that much.

Gerrard goes down when he has to. Get fouled, stay on your feet and you get f**k all. If refs could determine a player being fouled and then staying on his feet from the one who just plays for the foul then the cheats would be exposed.

Simples.
      Fact!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #60: Dec 10, 2010 02:30:02 pm
      I hate it when the players who go down and start rolling around like they've been shot. Nani, Ronaldo, and Drogba do it alot. Even those like when the body is hit but they hold their head like they got smashed.

Our players may make use of a tackles, exaggerate contact and go down easily but they don't overact by rolling.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #61: Dec 10, 2010 02:51:59 pm
      There is a very big difference between diving and going down easily. I would admit, there have been times when Stevie has gone down very easily but i think in some ways, especially if your playing in Europe, you have to play how the other team does. I am not saying you have to cheat by diving, as i would never condone that, but you have to play the game the way others do.

Quick Reply