Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Diving ! We're all hypocrites

Read 6951 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Diving ! We're all hypocrites
      Reply #23: Dec 09, 2010 06:15:43 pm
      OK, so he took advantage of a bad tackle.
      Do you want another one ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #24: Dec 09, 2010 06:15:44 pm
      Anyone remember Robbie against arsenal even when he told the Ref he wasnt fouled the Ref still gave a penalty.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Dec 09, 2010 06:24:00 pm
      Anyone remember Robbie against arsenal even when he told the Ref he wasnt fouled the Ref still gave a penalty.

Yes, I remember that very clearly, Robbie pleaded with the Ref didn't he? but he'd made up his mind.

Alright MiciG91, you've made your point.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #26: Dec 09, 2010 06:25:45 pm
      Simple one match ban for every offence, every game would make a difference.  Regardless of what the Referee decides on the pitch there is enough video evidence to apply it retrospectively.  Possibly backed up with a fine for the Club, I'm sure there would be a lot less of it.

Doubt the FA, UEFA or FIFA would agree though, they're not that keen on the game being brought into disrepute  :f_tongueincheek:

Totally agree.  If retrospective bans were handed out from video evidence then blatant diving would disappear very quickly.

Forget fines.  Footballers earn too much for them to make any impact.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: Dec 09, 2010 06:28:26 pm
      It has grown to be part of the game even though I don't like it being done. However, there are differences between diving, going down easy and exaggerating contact.

IMO, our players don't really dive. I say really because they probably do, but not as often as others. Also IMO, I think Gerrard and Torres can go down real easily. Cristiano Ronaldo was a real diver ( I say 'was' because I think he's doing it less now ) and so is Nani. Then you have Didier Drogba. I am not what his is, he doesn't really dive but he pretends alot and fidgets like his whole has sudden spasms. I guess his is exaggerating. And to be real honest, Torres also goes down easily when he's not in the game at all and that was evident last season.

I was very disappointed with Torres in the World Cup when he tripped over his own foot. I don't think he dove unless he locked his feet together on purpose, then yes. But if it was him tripping over his own feet, he should have said something about the Chilean player not touching him and that he fell on his own, but no, he kept quiet.

Diving, going down easy and exaggerating all depends on how you look at them. To some, it's smart play, to the others, it's cheating. I wouldn't like it being encouraged.

However, I would also like to point out the fact that pitches can be very slippery. If I'm not mistaken, football pitches in competitive matches are usually sprinkled with water (that's how they are able to slide on their knees, isn't it?) and can be slippery. I know they wear studded boots but when you're running or a sudden turn, it's easy to slip and the slightest of contact can knock you off.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 2836 
      Reply #28: Dec 09, 2010 06:40:54 pm
      I don't think there is a point to this thread.

Gerrard takes a tumble easily but F***ing hell so does everyone these days. The thing in the Suarez thread was that he properly dives, not just when he's being slightly fouled (which is what people like Gerrard, Torres, Van Der Vaart etc. do). Suarez goes over all the time and is cheating in the process.

There is a big difference between diving (like Suarez) and exaggeration (Gerrard).
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #29: Dec 09, 2010 06:47:24 pm
      I don't think there is a point to this thread.

Gerrard takes a tumble easily but f**king hell so does everyone these days. The thing in the Suarez thread was that he properly dives, not just when he's being slightly fouled (which is what people like Gerrard, Torres, Van Der Vaart etc. do). Suarez goes over all the time and is cheating in the process.

There is a big difference between diving (like Suarez) and exaggeration (Gerrard).
      Gerrard does both !! Exageration was against Sheffield Utd,and against Milan in the Final,diving (Like Suarez) against Andorra,Bolton,Arsenal.

This kind off post is what i'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Dec 09, 2010 06:47:52 pm
      You can look at it way you like, its just blatant cheating end of, one professional conning another to gain a advantage is cheating, same as feigning injury or wanting a fellow player booked or sent off, unfortunately the powers that be lack the gonnads to do anything about it, they are to busy counting their ill gotton gains and sticking their corrupt little fingers in the cash cow of global football.

Did anyone see the panorama programme ?

Cheats at the top to cheats on the pitch, the Beautiful game indeed  :f_whistle:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #31: Dec 09, 2010 06:51:57 pm
      Gerrard does both !! Exageration was against Sheffield Utd,and against Milan in the Final,diving (Like Suarez) against Andorra,Bolton,Arsenal.

This kind off post is what I'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      Who's side are you actually on?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Dec 09, 2010 06:53:09 pm

I'd actually like some more please, some video footage of Pacheco, Carra and Agger diving, for me you're insinuating hordes of situations when there really haven't been that many related to our players recently.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Dec 09, 2010 06:57:01 pm
      Totally agree.  If retrospective bans were handed out from video evidence then blatant diving would disappear very quickly.

Forget fines.  Footballers earn too much for them to make any impact.

I agree about not fining the players but if the fines are against the Club they would put pressure on the players to cut it out.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #34: Dec 09, 2010 07:03:34 pm
      Obviously Gerrard's side i don't like when he does it but i can understand it's just i don't like when other players are called c**ts,etc when they do it !!
      I'd actually like some more please, some video footage of Pacheco, Carra and Agger diving, for me you're insinuating hordes of situations when there really haven't been that many related to our players recently.
      They'v all done it i only named them because i'm 100% sure they'v done it,Pacheco got a yellow for it in the ressies last year and i cant remember off the top off my head who carra and agger dived against but i remember being proved wrong against a manc when i said they didn't so il come back to that !!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Dec 09, 2010 07:03:48 pm
      F**k off Gerrard doesn't dive!, he 'uses his experience'  :f_tongueincheek:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36: Dec 09, 2010 07:05:56 pm
      Soccer players are embarrassing the way they roll around after being fouled anyway, let alone diving.
      I'd love to see how they would fair playing Rugby for a day. A bunch of big girls blouses the lot of them!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Dec 09, 2010 07:13:56 pm
      We dont dive. We fall with style ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2010 07:15:46 pm

:lmao:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2010 07:17:42 pm
      Gerrard dived a handful of times so what. Is he known around the world as a "Diver"?
      NO, Ronaldo and Nani etc are, that's why we call them cheating cu*ts, they do it ALL the time. Sorry but to be honest your stirring the sh*t over nothing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #40: Dec 09, 2010 07:29:42 pm
      I hate diving, whether it is in our favor, or to our demise.  Granted, it is a bit easier to stomach when it puts us into the lead rather than the other way around, but I still F***ing despise the act.  The game is supposed to be a man's game, but some of the acting in the sport makes the people who play it look like pussies.  I have been hoping that Fifa or the domestic leagues would start to penalize players for their theatrics.... Ex:  Earning a 10 game suspension if video evidence shows that you went to ground without being touched.  That would at least make the players responsible for such antics think twice before trying to con the ref into giving a free kick.

I realize that it is hard to judge "how easy is too easy" when going down after a bit of contact, but there are times when players are not even touched and they go down like they've been shot.  Those players should be made an example of, and it would help to eliminate at least some of the acting that goes on in the sport.  Makes me F***ing sick seeing players who earn more in one week than I do in 2 years crying for a free kick when they easily could have stayed on their feet and lashed a shot at goal anyway....
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #41: Dec 09, 2010 07:33:17 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #42: Dec 09, 2010 08:13:41 pm

This kind off post is what I'm on about you'r saying Gerrard doesn't dive he just exaggerates even when theres evidence proving me right ?
      Gerrard has dived the odd time in his career and the examples of Sheff Utd and Arsenal were exaggerated but were fouls so he had to go down to win the penalty.
      I have a problem with players who are constantly at it week in, week out. But what I hate about diving is the rolling around as if been shot.
      Nani vs us this season is a perfect example. His theatrics were unbelievable!
      Steven Gerrard has never rolled around pretending to be in pain!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Dec 09, 2010 08:40:02 pm
      They'v all done it i only named them because i'm 100% sure they'v done it,Pacheco got a yellow for it in the ressies last year and i cant remember off the top off my head who carra and agger dived against but i remember being proved wrong against a manc when i said they didn't so il come back to that !!

Fair enough, I'll look forward to those clips that you said you could find of other 'Pool players diving.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Dec 09, 2010 09:32:36 pm

:laugh: Love this !!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #45: Dec 09, 2010 09:34:54 pm
      Imo players dive when they get fustrated. Its not only one player, its many players.
      But if players constantly dive, like C. Ronaldo in Man U and Nani, now that is not football.
      You don't see Gerrard rolling over on the floor or crying, thats just stupid.

Now this is diving:
      Ham Actors

All in all, its wrong!

Quick Reply