Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Carlos Tevez wants Man City exit

Read 4095 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Dec 12, 2010 12:44:33 am

Carlos Tevez has stunned Manchester City by declaring he wants to leave the club.

Reports emerged on Saturday evening that Tevez had handed in a written transfer request and this has been confirmed to Press Association Sport, even though neither party has made any official comment.

Tevez is believed to have taken the action amid growing turmoil in his private life, although it is not yet known whether City will accept his request or not.

It is not known exactly what Tevez's plans are. However, he desperately misses his two daughters who are back home in Argentina, and returning to South America is one option, as is retirement, even though in an interview with City's official club magazine published earlier this week, Tevez insisted he had no such intention.

There is also a deteriorating relationship with Blues boss Roberto Mancini.

The Italian may have made Tevez his captain at the start of the season but there is no particular bond between the pair.

A short break in Argentina did little to silence rumours about them both not getting on while Tevez's reaction after he was substituted against Bolton last week was not that of a man who is at one with his manager.

The pair exchanged angry words on the touchline, with Tevez clearly annoyed at Mancini's decision to replace him with James Milner despite the fact he had scored the only goal.

Subsequently, Tevez did not attend the players' Christmas party.

If Tevez does leave, it will blow a massive hole in City's Premier League title challenge.

Although the striker missed today's win at West Ham due to suspension, he has been a hugely influential figure for the Blues since his controversial move from Manchester United in 18 months ago.

His winner against Bolton was his 39th goal in 60 appearances for the Blues, emphasising just how much they rely upon his output.

As doubts remain over the maturity of Mario Balotelli in the wake of the Italian's petulant reaction to being substituted for his own good at Upton Park and Emmanuel Adebayor seemingly destined to leave in January after failing to make the bench today, losing Tevez would be a massive blow.

It would also be unpopular among the City faithful, who have taken the 26-year-old to their hearts and would be distraught if Tevez was merely moving on to another club.

At present, it is uncertain whether that will be the case, although there are only a select few in Europe who could afford the player if City were to demand the full market rate.

Tevez's controversial third-party ownership status - that caused West Ham so many problems when he arrived in England in 2005 - has now been scrapped, meaning that City could demand any fee they wish.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item545653/Carlos-Tevez-wants-Man-City-exit/

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Carlos Tevez wants Man City exit
      Reply #1: Dec 12, 2010 10:07:00 am
      City have confirmed: with disappointment we confirm that Tevez has indeed put in a transfer request. The club has rejected it. The club remains disappointed by this sitation and particularly with the actions of carlos' representative. The written transfer request is in stark contrast to carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Dec 12, 2010 11:39:00 am
      Which is why they'll never be taken seriously.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Dec 12, 2010 11:44:07 am
      On a good note would love to see him here.

On a bad note with Tevez on the outer Torres will be heavily linked with going to that sh*t pile.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #4: Dec 12, 2010 01:47:06 pm
      I think he is quality.

Isn't their problems with his private life?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #5: Dec 12, 2010 01:55:12 pm
      He's not just talking about leaving City, he's talking about F***ing football off altogether, suggestion is that he is homesick for Argentina.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Dec 12, 2010 03:49:38 pm
      Should we make a ''Welcome to Liverpool'' sign then... :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #7: Dec 12, 2010 05:18:07 pm

And a plate of corned beef!!
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #8: Dec 12, 2010 07:36:38 pm
      This exemplifies all that is wrong with the modern game.

Player on ludicrously inflated wages plays well and demands pay-rise and extended contract. Club turn him down so player hands in transfer request (based on home sickeness) and subsequently refuses to play for club - let him rot in the reserves, I say.

Wouldn't want a player like that at LFC - I want players that will wear the shirt with pride and conduct themselves in a manner befitting the history of the club.

I am getting sick of the behaviour of so many footballers who should be thanking their lucky stars that they have been given the ability to make their living doing something they should love.  Instead, they get paid too much too young and unsurpisingly, many get an over-inflated view of their own importance.

The sooner that clubs start paying these muppets more realistic salaries the better - I would advocate a wage cap but know that this will never happen.  Ban all agents at the same time and maybe football can regain some of its soul which has been lost since Sky got involved.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #9: Dec 12, 2010 08:30:31 pm
      A bunch of overpaid mercenaries
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 12, 2010 09:38:13 pm
      He's Real Madrid bound :)
      Am I the first person to say it?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 12, 2010 09:52:53 pm
      Gonna see Tevez and Torres swap rumor all over the place now.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: Dec 12, 2010 10:04:19 pm
      Tevez lift lids on reasons for quitting

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has confirmed he wants to quit Eastlands.

Tevez says his relationship with "certain executives and individuals" at the club "has broken down beyond repair". Tevez stressed he has "no personal issue" with manager Roberto Mancini and thanked owner Sheikh Mansour for his "understanding and support".

Yet the Argentine striker made it clear he only sees his future as being anywhere but at Manchester City.

Through a PR agency, Tevez released the following statement on Sunday evening: "Since signing for Manchester city, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters. They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this.

"They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like these. Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"However, I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club. Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career. My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable we have reached this situation but It is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed. I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. It was my decision and mine alone. I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them. I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini.

"I could have signed an improved contract, offered by the club during this season; however this decision is not about money. I have made that clear to both the board and the management on several occasions. The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support.

"I want to thank the supporters for making me welcome at Manchester City and hope they agree I have given my all for the club on the pitch."

Tevez is said to be livid at the club's statement insinuating that he has been manipulated into this decision by his representatives.

He is said to have rejected a one-off bonus to stay for the season, the biggest ever offered to a single player, but he turned it down because nearly six months ago, he had virtually made up his mind he wanted to quit the club.

It likely to make Tevez ever playing again for the club virtually impossible, and certainly unthinkable beyond the January transfer window and will intensify the pressure on manager Roberto Mancini and also the senior management team behind the scenes.

ESPNsoccernet has been given a full insight into the reasons why Tevez, the team's captain and talisman, wants to leave.

Tevez has shocked the title challengers by submitting a formal transfer request, which has brought a reaction from City in turning it down, and now Tevez will react by going public on his reasons for wanting to leave.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=852576&sec=england&cc=3888
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #13: Dec 12, 2010 10:13:17 pm
      On a good note would love to see him here.

£286,000 per week. Tax free.

F**k me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #14: Dec 12, 2010 10:19:34 pm

F**k me.

Make's Cole's wages look like peanuts.

He's Real Madrid bound :)
      Am I the first person to say it?

Unless he does something crazy like go back home to Argentina, I'm agreeing with this.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: Dec 13, 2010 12:14:01 am

F**k me.

Ooh no thanks!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #16: Dec 13, 2010 02:11:29 am
      Unless we bring Argentina here, he wont be interested.
      Cant see why he dosent move his family over though?
      It'll be very interesting to see what happens..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Dec 13, 2010 04:41:21 am
      Unless we bring Argentina here, he wont be interested.
      Cant see why he dosent move his family over though?
      It'll be very interesting to see what happens..

He's only on £286,000 a week. He can't afford a few airplane tickets. That's why he needs a new contract.

:roll:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #18: Dec 13, 2010 04:48:29 am
      Is he gonna' be the most expensive journeyman ever?.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Dec 13, 2010 07:39:56 am
      What is it that is so good about Argentina? 'Cos they all seem to want to go back there.
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 13, 2010 03:48:20 pm
      He will probably push for a move to Spain and his family will then move out to meet him - same language, similar climate etc....
      PLus he will still be paid ridiculous wages by either Real or Barca
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #21: Dec 13, 2010 03:58:12 pm
      He should come here, we have Maxi, that's the nearest he's getting to home. :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #22: Dec 14, 2010 12:44:54 am
      To be honest, this kind of thing is exactly what I expect for Man City.

Despite their protestations the players they will attract will always be mercenaries.  It's the nature of the beast.

The top players want to play for the big worldwide clubs. Despite our minor poor form over the past 18 months - the reds remain one of those clubs.  Man City despite their gazillions are not.

I doubt the Man City story will end well for them.

Quick Reply