Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Bojan (Barcelona)

Read 11550 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Bojan (Barcelona)
      Dec 14, 2010 05:03:58 pm
      Liverpool are being linked with a shock swoop for Barcelona wonderkid Bojan Krkic.

The 20-year-old striker, who can also play in the wing positions, has failed to earn a regular starting spot at the Nou Camp, leading to speculation that he could leave the club in the summer.

His agent, Zoran Vekic, revealed that the player will not be making a Catalan exit in January, but admitted Bojan would consider his options at the end of the season. Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be one of the interested parties in the player.

"Next summer we will analyse it and we'll see, but at the moment he is happy at Barcelona. He's not having many minutes but every time he has a chance he's playing quite well," Vekic told Sport.co.uk.

The agent also dismissed the possibility of a January loan move, something Liverpool have been linked with in relation to the player in the past.

Spurs, Juventus, Inter Milan and Arsenal are also thought to be keen on the player's services, news that could lead to a major battle for Bojan's signature in the new year.

Liverpool's new owners, NESV, have promised a transfer war chest to Hodgson in the region of £35 million, and the Reds boss is reportedly searching for an attacking foil for Fernando Torres as his number one priority.

The Anfield board reportedly want attacking young talent added to the Liverpool squad, and Bojan would certainly fit the bill were he to be available.

A fee in the region of €16 million is thought to be enough to persuade Pep Guardiola to sell the starlet, but Liverpool will have to move fast when the opportunity arises if they are to beat off the string competition for the player.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/16m-swoop-on-barca-strike-wonderkid

Yes,please
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Bojan (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2010 05:11:37 pm
      No chance. He's too into Barca to sign for us, i feel.

Overhyped somewhat IMO, but still has plenty of potential to be one of the best. I'd take him for sure and 16m euros is a steal for what he can be but he's a long way off his peak.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2010 05:13:59 pm
      16mil seems fair enough. I'd be very happy to see him here. Him and Dani upfront  8) Surprised he isn't in the starting XI at Barca more often and would probably consider a move. Fernando could help persuade him ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2010 05:14:35 pm
      Not a huge admirer, I have to say. I think he would struggle in the English game, he is very slight, and would need a lot of time to settle

Although it is not a popular idea, I do think we should be looking at a target man, or a man who can look after himself against defenders.

Bent/Caroll/Adebayour
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2010 05:24:50 pm
      Waste of money. Why bother with Dani and Suso if we then squander the amount in question on Bojan. Good player, but not what we need and not for the money
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2010 05:29:49 pm
      Would be an exciting signing if true, but I can't see us attracting this kind of player while Roy is in charge - why would he leave Barça, the greatest attacking team in Europe, to play for a coward and his negative tactics?  I know he wants first team action but Liverpool probably wouldn't be the only club interested and there are many other teams more attractive for this kind of player than us at the moment, even though NESV keep talking about buying young players to build a future.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2010 09:13:43 pm
      Good young talent, not sure he can cut it in the Premier League (he is slight), and he wouldn't fit with the football we're playing now. That being said, if we start playing on the ground, he would be a class signing. He would excel at a side like Arsenal.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7: Dec 16, 2010 03:31:00 am
      Interesting that he is been linked with us because for some unknown reason he crept into my mind yesterday.

Maybe because he wears a Barcelona shirt, people automatically view him as class but I'm not sure.

I would definitely have him and take the gamble. He could prove to be a gem.

Even if he is not getting regular football at Barca, I find it very difficult to see him leaving the best team in the world for us.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #8: Dec 16, 2010 12:30:30 pm
      This lad will be one of the next big stars in the world. He's looked class every match i've seen him play and he's only 19. Yes he does need to toughen up a bit but he's quick, skillful and can certainly put the ball in the back of the net. I would be very happy if we signed the lad. And if he fails we can always sell him down then line because their will be suitors who will still want him.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #9: Dec 16, 2010 01:55:03 pm
      Would never come here anyway.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Dec 16, 2010 08:36:40 pm
      Never say never :)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2010 11:23:08 pm
      Signed a contract extension with Barca until 2015.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2010 11:25:14 pm
      This link was a bit comical.

Why would an up and coming Spanish starlet playing for currently the best club in the world under one of the best coaches, up and leave and come here to work with Roy Hodgson.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2010 11:35:04 pm
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Bojan (Barcelona)
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2011 08:25:20 am
      Just said on sky sports news we are going to bid £17m for him.
      Young and talented lad.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 06, 2011 08:32:48 am
      Seen him play a few times and looks good but 17m is a hell of a lot for a bit part player even if he is playing for Barca
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 06, 2011 08:34:44 am
      it's also in the Daily Mail as well, which doesn't fill me with confidence on reliability.

I really like him as a player and think he could be like how Hernandez has been for the Scum, but probably better. Just hope he wouldn't be too lightweight in the premiership and can learn the speed and physicality of the english game well enough to succeed.

I would definitely have him though, but 17mill is steep and we be the top end of what i'd be looking to pay for him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Jun 06, 2011 08:58:40 am
      I actually think the lad is over rated and dont think he would be up to the physical demands of the premiership
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #18: Jun 06, 2011 09:08:21 am
      This spreading over twitter like wildfire!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2011 09:19:34 am
      no strikers unless its Wickham or Aguero
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #20: Jun 06, 2011 09:26:13 am

Arsenal and Liverpool considering bids for Bojan

6th Jun 2011

Liverpool and Arsenal are in touch with Barcelona over signing unwanted forward Bojan.

The 20-year-old is keen to leave the European champions after a frustrating season consisting largely of substitute appearances.

Liverpool would consider spending £17million and could try to do a double deal involving Bojan's team-mate Jeffren, another forward set to slip further down the pecking order when Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola finalises a deal for Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal.

Arsenal are also interested in former Birmingham midfielder and free agent Sebastian Larsson, 25. Blackburn, Sunderland and Newcastle have also made offers.

Midfielder Joe Cole is leaning towards staying at Anfield. Liverpool are willing to offload the 29-year-old for around £3m but he would have to prove  his fitness.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/arsenal-and-liverpool-considering-bids-for-bojan
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 06, 2011 09:42:49 am
      it's also in the Daily Mail as well, which doesn't fill me with confidence on reliability.

I really like him as a player and think he could be like how Hernandez has been for the Scum, but probably better. Just hope he wouldn't be too lightweight in the premiership and can learn the speed and physicality of the english game well enough to succeed.

I would definitely have him though, but 17mill is steep and we be the top end of what I'd be looking to pay for him.
      didnt think he was anything like hernandez. are they similar type of players?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Jun 06, 2011 09:52:34 am
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #23: Jun 06, 2011 10:22:18 am
      didnt think he was anything like hernandez. are they similar type of players?

in terms of playing style, no. But what i meant was in terms of impact and what they'd bring goal wise to the club or in Hernandez's case brought.

Those vital goals etc. You know what i mean?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 06, 2011 10:24:11 am
      I actually think the lad is over rated and dont think he would be up to the physical demands of the premiership
      This. Also don't like the lad.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 06, 2011 10:30:53 am
      in terms of playing style, no. But what I meant was in terms of impact and what they'd bring goal wise to the club or in Hernandez's case brought.

Those vital goals etc. You know what I mean?
      yea i know what you mean but i dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 06, 2011 10:43:36 am
      If he didn't play for Barcelona then i don't think he will be sold for anywhere near that price it'd be more like £10m or possibly even less.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Jun 06, 2011 10:44:56 am
      yea I know what you mean but I dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)

Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces.  

I'm not saying this lad is Messi, I just think it's time to start thinking outside the box when it comes to players suited/not suited to the EPL.

Technical skill is the way to go, just like our Academy lads are being coached.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2011 10:46:09 am
      yea I know what you mean but I dont think he would. dont think his suited to the PL. for a striker in the PL you have to be big and strong or quick and his got neither. ( or very talented like zola but dont think he is)

I wouldn't say he was particularly slow, but strength wise he does look weak. Talent wise though, there must be something there to be in the Barcelona team. Granted he isn't first team, but it would take quite something to be in front of Villa, Messi and Pedro.

I wouldn't write him off completely though.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2011 10:48:28 am
      Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces. 

I'm not saying this lad is Messi, I just think it's time to start thinking outside the box when it comes to players suited/not suited to the EPL.

I think that is what i was trying to say. Just because he isn't built like Carroll or as quick as say Walcott, doesn't mean he is a predetermined failure in the Premier League. The technical ability that he has is definitely there, and that's why he was one of Barcelona's youngest ever first team players.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2011 10:50:01 am
      Like Messi??  He didn't do too bad ripping the mancs to pieces. 

ok mate but i did say "  or very talented like zola but dont think he is" . i woud say messi falls into the category of talented players like zola ( messi twice the player)   
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2011 10:52:08 am
      Bojan put pen-to-paper on a contract extension on 20 December 2010 with Barcelona, which will keep him at the club until 2015 and increase his buy-out clause from 80 to €100 million.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2011 10:54:29 am
      ok mate but I did say "  or very talented like zola but dont think he is" . I woud say messi falls into the category of talented players like zola ( messi twice the player)    

Maybe not now but young players develop differently.  I'm not saying I agree with the signing or the fee I just feel we need "different" qualities within the squad.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2011 10:55:57 am
      Would take bojan any day of the week.

But like other transfer targets mentioned, he has been way over priced.

Still think this lad would bring a bit of flair and creativity to the side though, something we lack at times, particularly at home against teams who park the bus for 90mins.

Would rather take Bojan for 17m then henderson for 18.5m anyway...
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2011 11:01:48 am
      Maybe not now but young players develop differently.  I'm not saying I agree with the signing or the fee I just feel we need "different" qualities within the squad.
      you think he could play as a wide attacking forward? say 433.

suarez   carroll   bojan

personally i think he is better suited playing in the hole
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2011 11:07:15 am
      you think he could play as a wide attacking forward? say 433.

suarez   carroll   bojan

personally I think he is better suited playing in the hole

I think, if he comes, he'll be best suited playing where Kenny wants him to play mate.

None of us know what Kenny's plans are other than better quality, versatile players within the squad. 

Can he pass and move? does he have the right mental attitude? is he/could he be good enough?  These are the things that Kenny will look at and if the answers are yes to all those things then most likely he will try to buy him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2011 11:09:46 am
      Good player from the rare times I've seen him, has a very good eye for goal but can't see him leaving Barca for us.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2011 11:17:55 am
      He still has a big part to play in Barca's team, so i couldn't see him leaving them, nor could I see them wanting to sell him.

He's a F***ing brilliant attacker - He's probably the first sub to come on off the bench to replace one of the attackers (Messi, Villa and Pedro) and it's no shame being kept on the bench by them three.

Have always said I liked him, and if there was an opportunity to sign him, I think we should. But for the reasons I stated above, I don't think we will.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2011 11:19:07 am
      He still has a big part to play in Barca's team, so I couldn't see him leaving them, nor could I see them wanting to sell him.

He's a f**king brilliant attacker - He's probably the first sub to come on off the bench to replace one of the attackers (Messi, Villa and Pedro) and it's no shame being kept on the bench by them three.

Have always said I liked him, and if there was an opportunity to sign him, I think we should. But for the reasons I stated above, I don't think we will.

Arent barca signing sanchez aswell tho? surely that will but him further down the order?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2011 11:28:16 am
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2011 12:00:13 pm
      Saw him last season against Arsenal, he was bullied all over the pitch by there centre halves. Way to lightweight. Scored a few goals when I've seen him in La Liga but I've never convinced by him I think Barc create so much even Ngog would score for them.

£17 million is way to much for the lad Barc would be happy to sell for that. Bojan burst onto the scene a few years ago and looked like another wonder kid but since then his career has stalled and I can still see him go the way of Giovanni Di Santos
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2011 12:03:39 pm
      I think he's suffering from lack of playing time. He needs to leave Barcelona and play in a team where he'll be a sure starter. Can't see him playing ahead of Pedro, Messi and Villa unless it's a cup game or one of them is injured.

At this age, all you really want is to actually play football, to be honest, to maximise your true potential.

Haha but quite amazing to have three La Liga titles, a Spanish Cup, 2 Spanish Supercup, 2 UEFA Champions League, a Super Cup, a Club World Cup and a UEFA u-17 Championship title to your name and you're not even 21.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2011 12:07:28 pm
      Think for his career he should stay in Spain will get gobbled up by centre halves in England
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2011 12:08:34 pm
      Yeah, didn't mean to say to come to us. Just leave Barcelona in general, IMO.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 06, 2011 12:28:26 pm
      Saw him last season against Arsenal, he was bullied all over the pitch by there centre halves. Way to lightweight. Scored a few goals when I've seen him in La Liga but I've never convinced by him I think Barc create so much even Ngog would score for them.

£17 million is way to much for the lad Barc would be happy to sell for that. Bojan burst onto the scene a few years ago and looked like another wonder kid but since then his career has stalled and I can still see him go the way of Giovanni Di Santos

due to the villa signing and the form of pedro though. Bojan is still a class act, from whenever i've seen him play anyway.

you just don't know how he would cope in the prem either, one game doesnt decide that. There are several examples where players have come with a raised eyebrow whether they can cope with the physical demands of the prem but they proved their critics wrong and have performed well.

17m i agree is over priced but id rather have bojan in our squad than some of the other players mentioned. He would bring us something new and he would always be another option.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2011 12:46:29 pm
      Think he was with any other club but Barc he would be half the price, watched him play a decent bit don't see the player some people on here are. Looked like he would be sensational when he burst on the scene but has gone backwards. I wouldn't go near him to be honest
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #46: Jun 06, 2011 03:04:00 pm
      Marca are saying we bid €30m for Bojan and Jeffren. Madness!! I like Bojan but i dont know nothing about Jeffren. Marca is bollox anyway so i doubt its true.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2011 03:05:19 pm
      Marca Link

Marca says that LFC is going for Bojan and Jeffren.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2011 04:32:24 am by CRK, Reason: Shortened link. »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Jun 06, 2011 03:42:47 pm
      To say id be gutted if that happened would be a mild understatement but then marca is about reliable as the sun
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #49: Jun 06, 2011 03:43:24 pm
      Bojan has plenty of technical ability. There's no doubting that. I do think he's a bit overhyped though, but if Kenny really wants him he could be one hell of a player in a 4-3-3.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Jun 06, 2011 03:52:37 pm
      2 weeks ago it was Adam, last week Barton, this week was Henderson so looks like next week it will be Bojan who will be the transfer of choice for the twitter ITK's.

Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #51: Jun 06, 2011 04:52:06 pm
      The reason he's a bit overhyped is because he broke all records as a youth player in terms of goalscoring, apparently around 900 goals in 7 seasons in Barcelona's youth, an average of about 3.5 per game. I think people were expecting him to be Messi-like. He actually had a good first season under Rijkaard when he got regular game time. But Guardiola never seemed to dare to depend on him as a striker. People shouldn't forget though he's still just 20 years old, but already has 4 seasons experience at the highest level. To compare, David Villa was still playing in the Spanish 2nd division at his age, Suarez still played for FC Groningen. Not all big players can handle the top yet at that age, and we all know Barcelona is an extremely hard team to break into. I think he's going to have a bright future.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Jun 06, 2011 04:56:24 pm
      I think he could still go the way of Di Santos only think he has over him he has a better attitude. I'd take him on loan that is all see how he gets on, personally don't think he would be suited to the Premiership. Jeffran is a piss take he is 23 and has played only 25 times over the last 5 years there
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #53: Jun 06, 2011 04:59:21 pm
      I think he could still go the way of Di Santos only think he has over him he has a better attitude. I'd take him on loan that is all see how he gets on, personally don't think he would be suited to the Premiership. Jeffran is a piss take he is 23 and has played only 25 times over the last 5 years there
      How do you expect Jeffren to get into a team where the best player in te world plays his position.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Jun 06, 2011 05:08:43 pm
      He is there 5 F***ing years for F**k sake, he is 23 why the F**k would we pay £10 million for him because he is a Barcelona player. While we are at why don't we buy Gibson and Bebe they are Man Utd players
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2011 05:13:08 pm
      He is there 5 f**king years for f**k sake, he is 23 why the f**k would we pay £10 million for him because he is a Barcelona player. While we are at why don't we buy Gibson and Bebe they are Man Utd players

All you do is moan seriously. Moan about Henderson, moan about Jeffren, moan about Bojan, Dalglish has proved he's very good in the transfer market. He's built top class young teams in the past and I'm expecting him to do it again.
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2011 05:22:10 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #56: Jun 06, 2011 05:19:35 pm
      From the little I have seen of Jeffren, and I really mean little, he seems too direct for Barcelona's style of play. I'm not saying he deffo is amazing or anything but it could simply be that he doesn't fit very well into the current set up.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Jun 06, 2011 05:20:33 pm
      Who is Jefferson wasn't he an American president, I don't moan about Mata I don't moan about Downing I dont moan about Aguero I don't moan about Phil Jones.

I give an opinion I don't think Bojan is suited to the Premiership, I dont think £20 million is value for Henderson and Jeffren has done F**k all in his career to justify a £10 million price tag other than playing with Barcelona.

Not every player linked to us is a great player I think you need to understand lfcynwa
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #58: Jun 06, 2011 05:51:08 pm
      How do you expect Jeffren to get into a team where the best player in te world plays his position.
      Actually, Messi plays as a CF now. Either way, seeing Jeffren has players like Afellay and Bojan being played ahead of him, it is questionable how good he actually is.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #59: Jun 06, 2011 05:57:29 pm
      Who is Jefferson wasn't he an American president, I don't moan about Mata I don't moan about Downing I dont moan about Aguero I don't moan about Phil Jones.

Not every player linked to us is a great player I think you need to understand lfcynwa

Where did I say that every player linked is a great player?

This is a forum and opinions are allowed but you pretty much throw it down our throats, how many times did you post that you didn't want Adam, so many times people were getting pissed of at you. In this one thread you've posted 5 things within a few hours saying you don't rate either Bojan or Jeffren (not Jerrferson the president ;D). You say the same things over and over again.

Think for his career he should stay in Spain will get gobbled up by centre halves in England

You've said in numerous times that Henderson the rumors fee's are to expensive, which I agree to a certain extent but you don't need to say very similar things over and over again.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #60: Jun 06, 2011 06:03:39 pm
      Bojan would be an improvement to Ngog, plus young enough to mold. Having said that can't see this one happening not when Carlton Cole is available.  :f_tongueincheek:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Jun 06, 2011 06:21:01 pm
      I'm responding to posts, am I only allowed post once in each players thread then, so people were getting annoyed because I didn't buy into all the sh*t about Adam being a brilliant player and actually watched him wow.

I ain't throwing anything down anyones f**king throats. Bojan was linked by Marc today for £20 million am I not allowed make a comment about it or do with have to say everyone linked is f**king great. Great your counting my posts when you become a mod. The £20 million pound fee for Henderson is being only quoted today and I'm pretty sure but isn't there other posters that have posted in his thread more than I have you don't seem to have mentioned any of them is it because unless it is praise and saying how great someone is you don't want to hear it.

Sorry but I buy into giving an honest assessment of a player whether he is linked to us or not. So instead of giving out about how many times I've posted about a player debate me on why I'm wrong because I pretty sure none of the posts are identical
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #62: Jun 06, 2011 06:25:44 pm
      So instead of giving out about how many times I've posted about a player debate me on why I'm wrong ....
      Somewhere else  :roll:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #63: Jun 06, 2011 06:28:25 pm
      Don't get that Rep enlighten to me, is it wrong to ask someone to debate rather than count how many times i've have posted in a particular thread, I've posted a lot more in the Mata thread but because it was positive no one seems to have counted my posts, why exactly is that
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #64: Jun 06, 2011 06:31:11 pm
      Don't get that Rep enlighten to me, is it wrong to ask someone to debate rather than count how many times i've have posted in a particular thread, I've posted a lot more in the Mata thread but because it was positive no one seems to have counted my posts, why exactly is that
      That's not what I'm saying at all, mate. I'm saying if you're going to debate the matter, F**k off out of the Bojan thread and do it somewhere else so when I, or other users see a new post has been made, we don't come in to find a bi*ch-fest.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #65: Jun 06, 2011 06:33:38 pm
      The thing that annoys me and other posters, is that when I read through a thread, your saying the same thing every 3 or 4 posts. I think 1 post is enough, you don't need 4-5 posts on the same page saying very similar things to get a point across.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Jun 06, 2011 06:33:42 pm
      That is fair enough, I understand that, was just responding to some personal criticism
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #67: Jun 06, 2011 06:39:15 pm
      Is grumpy arse spamming again? :f_tongueincheek:

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: Jun 07, 2011 10:30:37 pm
      On topic lads.

Would like Bojan for 10m or less.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #69: Jun 09, 2011 03:55:10 am
      Heard he's going to Roma, who are ow coached by Ex Barca Reserves coach Luis Enrique.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #70: Jun 09, 2011 09:40:12 am
      Heard he's still part of the attempt to lure Sanchez to Barcelona. Only rumours mind.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #71: Jun 09, 2011 09:54:27 am
      Heard he's going to Roma, who are ow coached by Ex Barca Reserves coach Luis Enrique.

Wrong your on about  Barcelona B striker Jonathan Soriano who apparently Liverpool are looking at ,Aswell as Roma The lad has scored 32 goal's in 37 games in Spain’s Second Division last season.
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #72: Jun 13, 2011 02:36:42 pm
      Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.....

I would love to see this kid here. I think he needs to leave Barca to get game time. He can't even get into the Spain Under 21 side now, even though he was in it when he was 16. He has to get out of their set up to have a chance to improve.

He banged in a (disallowed) goal against Inter in the Champions League match last year in the death. Scored 961 goals at Barca Youths in 7 Years, 10 for Barca B and 40 for Barca - thats 1011 goals for the club (I know it's youths but it's also 1011 goals - he is a finisher).

He is still only 20 years old - with four years playing and training in the best team in the world, possibly one of the best teams ever (arguable).

20 Million would be good business when you consider the money thats being spent on local prospects.

Is he going backwards in his career at the moment... YES, is it because he has lost anything... I can't say. Is he a potential Anfield legend?... YES.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011 02:44:51 pm by WildIRL »
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #73: Jun 13, 2011 03:33:25 pm
      Would love to see him here (for the right price)

Hopefully the love in that Villa and Masch are having for us atm can sway and decision. Thats if we are actually interested
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #74: Jun 13, 2011 03:36:39 pm
      Like I said before. If he wants to be a better player, he has to leave but I don't mean necessarily to us.

He's 21 this year and he needs to be playing regularly and it's not easy to get ahead of Villa, Messi and Pedro (maybe even Afellay) unless it's a less important match or when they're injured. Potentially could have Sanchez there soon.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #75: Jun 13, 2011 03:56:58 pm
      Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.....

I would love to see this kid here. I think he needs to leave Barca to get game time. He can't even get into the Spain Under 21 side now, even though he was in it when he was 16. He has to get out of their set up to have a chance to improve.

He banged in a (disallowed) goal against Inter in the Champions League match last year in the death. Scored 961 goals at Barca Youths in 7 Years, 10 for Barca B and 40 for Barca - thats 1011 goals for the club (I know it's youths but it's also 1011 goals - he is a finisher).

He is still only 20 years old - with four years playing and training in the best team in the world, possibly one of the best teams ever (arguable).

20 Million would be good business when you consider the money thats being spent on local prospects.

Is he going backwards in his career at the moment... YES, is it because he has lost anything... I can't say. Is he a potential Anfield legend?... YES.
      Welcome mate, enjoy it!!! :)
      WildIRL
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 13, 2011 05:04:50 pm
      If he wants to be a better player, he has to leave but I don't mean necessarily to us.

I'd agree with that. Not necesarily us but somewhere. I did like the sound of that €30m - Bojan-Jeffren deal rumour a while ago.

Just watched a few of the youtube vids of him vs a team... interesting stuff, he replaced Xavi against Real Madrid when he was 17, played in the centre of the pitch. He has some boot on him, seems fast, good first touch, works well with messi, so maybe we should get him as well. :)

This summer is so nice being linked with the players we are being linked with... still I was happy with our team towards the end of the season anyway (without Stevie G - I though his injury would kill the end of our season)

anyway.... Kenny ---> Steve Clark ---->Comolli ---> FSG = Good Team.. I'm sure they'll do better than I would. Can't wait till the transfer window is shut and we are all wondering what our starting 11 should be.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #77: Jun 16, 2011 01:26:52 am

Bojan 'likes Roma transfer'

Wednesday 15 June, 2011

Barcelona starlet Bojan Krkic’s agent has fueled speculation of a move to Roma with Luis Enrique. “He likes this transfer.”

The Spain international has been heavily linked with the Giallorossi ever since the new Coach was appointed.

“Bojan needs to play regularly and is pegged back by so many great players at Barcelona,” agent Zoran Vekic told Eurosport.es.

“We need to talk to the club. I don’t think there would be any problem between Roma and Barcelona in reaching an agreement. He likes this transfer.

“The most likely scenario would be to arrive on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.”

http://www.football-italia.net/jun15bb.html
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #78: Jun 18, 2011 09:31:46 pm
      Apparently Roma have an 8.8m bid (Ssn I think) for Bojan. Surely if he's going for this sort of money and we're going for wickham apparently at more, this has got to be worth a punt?
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 18, 2011 10:02:02 pm
      Roma confirm Bojan 'next week'
      via Football Italia
      Roma director of sport Walter Sabatini confirms “we hope to complete the signing of Bojan Krkic in the next few days.”
      The Barcelona and Spain forward is one of the hottest young talents in La Liga, but has far too much competition for places at the Nou Camp.

“It’s true and I confirm this is a very realistic hypothesis, even if it has not been perfected yet,” Sabatini told Rete Sport.

“We hope to complete the signing of Bojan in the next few days.”

He is the first Barcelona figure to follow new Coach Luis Enrique to Roma, as more are expected, particularly from Barcelona B.

Spanish newspapers expect Bojan to arrive for €10m, although Barça want a clause allowing them to buy him back for €12m.

Meanwhile, Sabatini also commented on other transfer issues surrounding the Giallorossi.

“Ricky Alvarez is a very strong and versatile player. We are monitoring him, as with other players. You may have noticed a sort of paralysis in the transfer market, but we expect a domino effect once the first move goes through.”

Mirko Vucinic’s agent confessed “something has broken” with Roma and is in preliminary talks with both Juventus and Premier League sides.

“Vucinic is a great player and knows he is important for Roma, so we will find a point of balance. He is precious for this club.”
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #80: Jun 19, 2011 01:05:26 am
      Interesting team that Roma are looking to build there.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #81: Jun 22, 2011 04:11:34 am
      €10 million fee agreed with Roma.. with a two year buy back clause reporting marca and as
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 22, 2011 07:16:00 am
      God that seems like good value for a player like Bojan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #83: Jun 22, 2011 06:49:15 pm
      For that price i wish we got him!

Probably want a buy back fee so there is no chance of any more Cesc like issues on bringing the player back to the club should they wish to do so.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #84: Jun 23, 2011 02:17:30 pm
      Nah, you don't buy a player on loan, either buy him or loan him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #85: Jul 22, 2011 11:38:23 am
       €12m purchase but at end 2012-13 season Barça obliged to buy back, €13m. Roma can block that paying total €40m (ie €27m more)

The strangest transfer I can remember no wonder no English team had an interest
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #86: Jul 22, 2011 12:40:18 pm
      The strangest transfer I can remember

I am not sure your familiar with the Carlos Tevez and Javier Macherano transfer to West Ham. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: Jul 22, 2011 01:11:15 pm
      laliga_news La Liga News
      Bojan: "Not playing at the Champions League final, for the second time in a row, has been one of the reasons to leave."
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2873 
      Reply #88: Jul 22, 2011 02:54:07 pm
      So basically it's a two year loan which costs Barcelona 1m euros?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #89: Jul 22, 2011 02:56:01 pm
      Something like that chats, one of the strangest transfers I've seen
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #90: Jul 22, 2011 05:24:50 pm
      €12m purchase but at end 2012-13 season Barça obliged to buy back, €13m.

Should Barca take that €12m and drop it into a savings account for the 20 odd months that he's at Roma, I wonder how much interest it would accrue? Enough to effectively buy him back for bugger all??
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2011 10:16:05 am
      Should Barca take that €12m and drop it into a savings account for the 20 odd months that he's at Roma, I wonder how much interest it would accrue? Enough to effectively buy him back for bugger all??
      Barca are just raising Fabregas money.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #92: Jul 24, 2011 01:00:33 pm
      Shouldnt this thread be locked... Or are we still somehow gonna sign this lad?
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #93: Jul 24, 2011 02:05:44 pm
      We won't get him as Barca has agreed to sell him to AS Roma for 10.5m on 22nd July. So I think this topic should be closed soon.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #94: Jul 25, 2011 10:18:44 am
      Roma player.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #95: Jul 25, 2011 10:22:12 am