Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Bojan (Barcelona)

Read 11551 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Bojan (Barcelona)
      Dec 14, 2010 05:03:58 pm
      Liverpool are being linked with a shock swoop for Barcelona wonderkid Bojan Krkic.

The 20-year-old striker, who can also play in the wing positions, has failed to earn a regular starting spot at the Nou Camp, leading to speculation that he could leave the club in the summer.

His agent, Zoran Vekic, revealed that the player will not be making a Catalan exit in January, but admitted Bojan would consider his options at the end of the season. Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be one of the interested parties in the player.

"Next summer we will analyse it and we'll see, but at the moment he is happy at Barcelona. He's not having many minutes but every time he has a chance he's playing quite well," Vekic told Sport.co.uk.

The agent also dismissed the possibility of a January loan move, something Liverpool have been linked with in relation to the player in the past.

Spurs, Juventus, Inter Milan and Arsenal are also thought to be keen on the player's services, news that could lead to a major battle for Bojan's signature in the new year.

Liverpool's new owners, NESV, have promised a transfer war chest to Hodgson in the region of £35 million, and the Reds boss is reportedly searching for an attacking foil for Fernando Torres as his number one priority.

The Anfield board reportedly want attacking young talent added to the Liverpool squad, and Bojan would certainly fit the bill were he to be available.

A fee in the region of €16 million is thought to be enough to persuade Pep Guardiola to sell the starlet, but Liverpool will have to move fast when the opportunity arises if they are to beat off the string competition for the player.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/16m-swoop-on-barca-strike-wonderkid

Yes,please
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Bojan (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2010 05:11:37 pm
      No chance. He's too into Barca to sign for us, i feel.

Overhyped somewhat IMO, but still has plenty of potential to be one of the best. I'd take him for sure and 16m euros is a steal for what he can be but he's a long way off his peak.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2010 05:13:59 pm
      16mil seems fair enough. I'd be very happy to see him here. Him and Dani upfront  8) Surprised he isn't in the starting XI at Barca more often and would probably consider a move. Fernando could help persuade him ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2010 05:14:35 pm
      Not a huge admirer, I have to say. I think he would struggle in the English game, he is very slight, and would need a lot of time to settle

Although it is not a popular idea, I do think we should be looking at a target man, or a man who can look after himself against defenders.

Bent/Caroll/Adebayour
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2010 05:24:50 pm
      Waste of money. Why bother with Dani and Suso if we then squander the amount in question on Bojan. Good player, but not what we need and not for the money
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2010 05:29:49 pm
      Would be an exciting signing if true, but I can't see us attracting this kind of player while Roy is in charge - why would he leave Barça, the greatest attacking team in Europe, to play for a coward and his negative tactics?  I know he wants first team action but Liverpool probably wouldn't be the only club interested and there are many other teams more attractive for this kind of player than us at the moment, even though NESV keep talking about buying young players to build a future.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2010 09:13:43 pm
      Good young talent, not sure he can cut it in the Premier League (he is slight), and he wouldn't fit with the football we're playing now. That being said, if we start playing on the ground, he would be a class signing. He would excel at a side like Arsenal.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7: Dec 16, 2010 03:31:00 am
      Interesting that he is been linked with us because for some unknown reason he crept into my mind yesterday.

Maybe because he wears a Barcelona shirt, people automatically view him as class but I'm not sure.

I would definitely have him and take the gamble. He could prove to be a gem.

Even if he is not getting regular football at Barca, I find it very difficult to see him leaving the best team in the world for us.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #8: Dec 16, 2010 12:30:30 pm
      This lad will be one of the next big stars in the world. He's looked class every match i've seen him play and he's only 19. Yes he does need to toughen up a bit but he's quick, skillful and can certainly put the ball in the back of the net. I would be very happy if we signed the lad. And if he fails we can always sell him down then line because their will be suitors who will still want him.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #9: Dec 16, 2010 01:55:03 pm
      Would never come here anyway.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Dec 16, 2010 08:36:40 pm
      Never say never :)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2010 11:23:08 pm
      Signed a contract extension with Barca until 2015.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2010 11:25:14 pm
      This link was a bit comical.

Why would an up and coming Spanish starlet playing for currently the best club in the world under one of the best coaches, up and leave and come here to work with Roy Hodgson.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2010 11:35:04 pm
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Bojan (Barcelona)
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2011 08:25:20 am
      Just said on sky sports news we are going to bid £17m for him.
      Young and talented lad.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 06, 2011 08:32:48 am
      Seen him play a few times and looks good but 17m is a hell of a lot for a bit part player even if he is playing for Barca
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 06, 2011 08:34:44 am
      it's also in the Daily Mail as well, which doesn't fill me with confidence on reliability.

I really like him as a player and think he could be like how Hernandez has been for the Scum, but probably better. Just hope he wouldn't be too lightweight in the premiership and can learn the speed and physicality of the english game well enough to succeed.

I would definitely have him though, but 17mill is steep and we be the top end of what i'd be looking to pay for him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Jun 06, 2011 08:58:40 am
      I actually think the lad is over rated and dont think he would be up to the physical demands of the premiership
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #18: Jun 06, 2011 09:08:21 am
      This spreading over twitter like wildfire!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 06, 2011 09:19:34 am
      no strikers unless its Wickham or Aguero
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #20: Jun 06, 2011 09:26:13 am

Arsenal and Liverpool considering bids for Bojan

6th Jun 2011

Liverpool and Arsenal are in touch with Barcelona over signing unwanted forward Bojan.

The 20-year-old is keen to leave the European champions after a frustrating season consisting largely of substitute appearances.

Liverpool would consider spending £17million and could try to do a double deal involving Bojan's team-mate Jeffren, another forward set to slip further down the pecking order when Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola finalises a deal for Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal.

Arsenal are also interested in former Birmingham midfielder and free agent Sebastian Larsson, 25. Blackburn, Sunderland and Newcastle have also made offers.

Midfielder Joe Cole is leaning towards staying at Anfield. Liverpool are willing to offload the 29-year-old for around £3m but he would have to prove  his fitness.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/arsenal-and-liverpool-considering-bids-for-bojan
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 06, 2011 09:42:49 am
      it's also in the Daily Mail as well, which doesn't fill me with confidence on reliability.

I really like him as a player and think he could be like how Hernandez has been for the Scum, but probably better. Just hope he wouldn't be too lightweight in the premiership and can learn the speed and physicality of the english game well enough to succeed.

I would definitely have him though, but 17mill is steep and we be the top end of what I'd be looking to pay for him.
      didnt think he was anything like hernandez. are they similar type of players?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Jun 06, 2011 09:52:34 am

Quick Reply