Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Hodgson has no fears for future

Read 6918 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Hodgson has no fears for future
      Dec 14, 2010 09:14:16 pm
      Hodgson has faith in his ability

Roy Hodgson does not believe any other manager could get more out of the Liverpool team given current resources.

Liverpool's manager, who had "great confidence" in his ability, said "Whoever takes my place will be in a similar job with similar players."

That would remain so "unless there is a major inflow of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next".

The Reds lie ninth in the Premier League nine points off a top-four spot.

NESV's John W Henry, speaking during a phone-in on the club's in-house television channel on Monday, said the team's form towards the end of last season and so far this campaign has been "unacceptable", although Hodgson says he has the support of the club's hierarchy.

"The owners have made it perfectly clear they are in it for the long term and they are going to be patient," said the 63-year-old Hodgson. "They realise it is going to take time.

"They realise we can't turn things around overnight and they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

"You don't turn things around overnight and they are aware of the magnitude of the task but they are very focused on what needs to be done and I am convinced they will help me get it done."

An area of particular concern for Hodgson is his side's poor Premier League away form, with a record so far of six defeats - the latest a 3-1 loss at Newcastle on Saturday - two draws and one win.

However, Hodgson showed signs of frustration over constant questions about his future ahead of the Europa League group game against FC Utrecht at Anfield on Wednesday.

The Reds have secured top spot in Group K and qualified for the last 32 in the competition with a game to spare.

"It doesn't bother me because I can't do more than I am doing, I can't work harder, I can't work better," added Hodgson, whose team play his former club Fulham at home in the league on Saturday evening.

"I have great confidence in my ability, I don't think there is any reason not to have.

"I know the players are working as hard as they can to win matches for Liverpool and therefore me as manager."

Story from BBC SPORT:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9287672.stm

And

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson does not fear for his job and is confident owners New England Sports Ventures will back him as he tries to turnaround the club's recent decline.

The 63 year-old has been under almost constant scrutiny since replacing Rafael Benitez in July as early results left Liverpool in the Premier League's bottom three for several weeks.

Things have picked up in recent weeks but Saturday's defeat at Newcastle did not help.

In a fans' phone-in on Monday night principal owner John Henry describing results as ''unacceptable'' and that was interpreted by some as a thinly-veiled warning to the manager.

However, Hodgson said he was in total agreement with Henry's assessment but was not concerned about his future and was confident the situation would improve, given time and the necessary investment.

''I don't have any fears, worries or concerns,'' he said.

''But if you put it to me 'You feel there is no chance whatsoever of you getting sacked' then I would be in a minority of one in that respect.

''It happened to Chris Hughton, it happened to Sam Allardyce, Martin O'Neill resigned - we are all in that situation.

''But as someone who prides himself as a professional, who knows his job and is comfortable with doing his job, then you would excuse me for not going down the route you want me to go down in terms of 'Who can we get rid of next?'.

''Because basically speaking unless there is a major inflow of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

''The owners have made it perfectly clear they are in it for the long term and they are going to be patient; they realise it is going to take time.

''They realise we can't turn things around overnight and they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

''You don't turn things around overnight and they are aware of the magnitude of the task but they are very focused on what needs to be done and I am convinced they will help me get it done.''

Hodgson, speaking at a press conference ahead of Wednesday's final Europa League Group K clash at home to Utrecht, was quizzed at length about his position at the club.

He became increasingly frustrated at the line of questioning, although he accepted it was something he had become used to during his short time at the club.

''Once again I come here to do a European press conference, playing Utrecht when we are top of the table, and I find myself answering questions about owners and whether I am safe - it is a sad situation,'' he added.

''I came here to do a European press conference, which I am forced to do for Uefa, when really and truly I am doing a phone-in with you

''That is the nature of the game, it seems to be the major preoccupation of the mass media because they want to see change.

''It doesn't bother me because I can't do more than I am doing, I can't work harder, I can't work better.

''I have great confidence in my ability, I don't think there is any reason not to have.

''I know the players are working as hard as they can to win matches for Liverpool and therefore me as manager.

''But if you have situations like last night when you have phone-ins to the owners you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know how that is going to go because we are not top of the league.

''Had we been top of the league it might have been different but we are not, we are ninth and we are Liverpool Football Club.

''You don't have to be Albert Einstein to work out more people will be unhappy with that than are happy with it.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8201782/Liverpool-v-FC-Utrecht-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-has-no-fears-worries-or-concerns-about-his-Anfield-future.html
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Hodgson has no fears for future
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2010 09:17:38 pm
      Of course it would have been different if we were top, but we are not, we are 8th, and that is sh*t, Roy. sh*t by you.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2010 09:17:54 pm
      This is good to hear from Roy. A bit of fighting talk and self belief in himself can do a lot of good. He's made some glaring errors in the press but this is a good PR move.

What? You expect him to come out and say 'I don't believe in my ability, I am not the best man for this club.'
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2010 09:18:24 pm
      Of course it would have been different if we were top, but we are not, we are 8th, and that is sh*t, Roy. Sh*t by you.

9th

If anyone wants to go through the visual pain there are some head-bangingly painful videos to watch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8201782/Liverpool-v-FC-Utrecht-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-has-no-fears-worries-or-concerns-about-his-Anfield-future.html

and

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6578304,00.html
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2010 09:25:11 pm
      Some of his comments are infuriating.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2010 09:26:41 pm
      yehyehyehred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2010 09:28:30 pm
      If Roy can't do anymore than he is doing,can't work harder,can't work better,then i would suggest that unless he is sacked in the morning we are fu**ed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Dec 14, 2010 09:29:09 pm
      He's scared and he's reverted back to his early excuses of it's not his team and he needs loads of money to be able to improve.

The more he's challenged the more defensive he becomes.  It's his self preservation policy of "not my fault".
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Dec 14, 2010 09:30:18 pm
      Of course he's not afraid. He's old, he's seen F***ing everything!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Dec 14, 2010 09:31:36 pm
      He's scared and he's reverted back to his early excuses of it's not his team and he needs loads of money to be able to improve.

The more he's challenged the more defensive he becomes.  It's his self preservation policy of "not my fault".

Yeah debs, he has gone from its not my team and it needs money. Then flitted to actually I am wrong, this is a very good team and might not need any players being bought in at all. And now decided once more the team isn't good enough and needs investment.

Excuses, excuses.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #10: Dec 14, 2010 09:31:53 pm
      Oh dear! These are bad news, I'm afraid O'Neil will not stay free forever. We may sack him later but we may not find the proper replacement then.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11: Dec 14, 2010 09:33:31 pm
      And crap ones at that mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Dec 14, 2010 09:33:35 pm
      Oh dear! These are bad news, I'm afraid O'Neil will not stay free forever. We may sack him later but we may not find the proper replacement then.

Don't want Martin O'Neil anyway, he is a disrespectful c**t, a product of Clough and his long ball tactics are more anti-football than Roys!
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 14, 2010 09:35:08 pm
      Be Afraid!
      Be Very Afraid!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #14: Dec 14, 2010 09:40:29 pm
      This is good to hear from Roy. A bit of fighting talk and self belief in himself can do a lot of good. He's made some glaring errors in the press but this is a good PR move.

What? You expect him to come out and say 'I don't believe in my ability, I am not the best man for this club.'
      Frankly mr shankly you must be on a different planet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Dec 14, 2010 09:41:55 pm
      Hodgson has faith in his ability

Roy Hodgson does not believe any other manager could get more out of the Liverpool team given current resources.

Liverpool's manager, who had "great confidence" in his ability, said "Whoever takes my place will be in a similar job with similar players."

"They realise we can't turn things around overnight and they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

"You don't turn things around overnight and they are aware of the magnitude of the task but they are very focused on what needs to be done and I am convinced they will help me get it done."

"It doesn't bother me because I can't do more than I am doing, I can't work harder, I can't work better," added Hodgson, whose team play his former club Fulham at home in the league on Saturday evening.

"I have great confidence in my ability, I don't think there is any reason not to have.

"I know the players are working as hard as they can to win matches for ************* me as manager."

Story from BBC SPORT:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9287672.stm

And

''I don't have any fears, worries or concerns,'' he said.

''But if you put it to me
      'You feel there is no chance whatsoever of you getting sacked' then I would be in a minority of one in that respect.

''But as someone who prides himself as a professional, who knows his job and is comfortable with doing his job, then you would excuse me for not going down the route you want me to go down in terms of 'Who can we get rid of next?'.

''They realise we can't turn things around overnight and they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together.

''You don't turn things around overnight and they are aware of the magnitude of the task

I can't work better.

''I have great confidence in my ability, I don't think there is any reason not to have.

It makes you cringe.

"They know the magnitude of my task"

"It aint my team"   (It aint my problem..its all down to someone else)

"Im good at what I do you know"   ( The humility of Paisley and Shankly crushes his arrogance)

"I cant work any better"        (One away win and 9th in the table. Thats it then)

"I dont have any fears worries or concerns"   (King of the bullshit. Ask any other Premier League manager that question)

This is why he is still in a job.....baffling them with bullshit.

Buying time Hodgson ......buying time.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #16: Dec 14, 2010 09:42:17 pm
      Don't want Martin O'Neil anyway, he is a disrespectful c**t, a product of Clough and his long ball tactics are more anti-football than Roys!
      I'm not sure if there's any better replacement, maybe Hughton of Newcastle? Mate we are short of solutions really...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17: Dec 14, 2010 09:44:25 pm
      Mo if you look at the threads with O'neils name in it you will see he is not wanted by us he is too negative and plays boring football.
      You are right that we dont have many people capable of runnig this club what a pity we got rid of one of our very best.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #18: Dec 14, 2010 09:46:24 pm
      Change the record and stop infecting every thread with this Rafa sh*te.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #19: Dec 14, 2010 09:49:08 pm
      I wish the owners would just put us out of our misery.

Every time he opens his mouth I cringe. Every time we play away from home I cringe before we've even kicked off.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Dec 14, 2010 09:55:51 pm
      Reminds me of how we were overstaffed with players in the summer and we loan them out, then 2 months later we are understaffed and need players....I will give RH one thing...he is a walking train-wreck of a PR machine.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #21: Dec 14, 2010 09:58:18 pm
      see the idiots have arrived.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #22: Dec 14, 2010 10:09:00 pm
      I'd like to think that any manager in charge of Liverpool Football Club who is currently in the position he is in should be at least a bit fearful that his job is under question.

If he isn't and it looks like Roy isn't then  he is either too comfortable in his position or he really does not understand the expectations at this club not just in relation to results but to the style of football expected and how our manager acts in public.

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #23: Dec 14, 2010 10:11:25 pm
      I think it's a case of the people behind the scenes realise what a crap state the team he inherited was in..
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Dec 14, 2010 10:13:35 pm
      A resume :

Roy after home victory : we should give a chance to this team, now that they have adapted to my brillant tactics I realised we have a good squad, full of players improving match after match, they work hard and always have victory in mind, I'm proud to have kept them when Purslow wanted them sold, spending big in january isn't needed, etc...

Roy after away defeat : it's not my team, nobody would do better with these s**** Rafa players who don't understand my brillant tactics, we need a big influx of money...

Only thing not changing : he has faith in himself
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #25: Dec 14, 2010 10:16:51 pm
      I see, thanks walton....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Dec 14, 2010 10:25:28 pm

The more he's challenged the more defensive he becomes.  It's his self preservation policy of "not my fault".

Exactly 'debs the ticking clock is getting louder. How can he have confidence in his ability when he has never delivered anything but mediocrity? The man is a delusional egotist.

Unless of course he's confident that he can deliver his consistent mid-table mediocrity.  ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Dec 14, 2010 10:35:42 pm
      Roy is deluded but then he is like a couple of posters on here as well, it is like watching someone having a really slow painful death, please NESV put the old codger out of his misery.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Dec 14, 2010 10:42:52 pm
      It's hard to imagine actually how bad you would really feel about Roy if it had not been for those previous owners.

I stopped taking notice to what Roy says after the "a group of people" comment a few months back.

*LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #29: Dec 14, 2010 10:57:54 pm
      yer and if anchlotti leaves chelsea i think  frank rikard will be there next manager
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Dec 14, 2010 11:09:40 pm
      Obviously he's not afraid of losing his job or sitting in 9th.

He's got at least 30 years of experience for that.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #31: Dec 14, 2010 11:53:25 pm

Hasn't almost every single fan been saying the club needs loads of money to improve over the last few years though? Isn't that why we never reached our potential under Rafa because the club wasn't invested in properly? Now Hodgson says it, all of a sudden it's wrong?

Sorry, but Roy is spot F***ing on that the club needs investment because the vast majority of the first team is below Liverpool standard - as is Roy Hodgson. He may not be right for some of the things he said, but that one he is.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Dec 15, 2010 12:05:58 am
      Going to have to agree here. Manager attempting to force the owners hand with regard to investment. With a bit of luck we get new players and a new manager. Hope that CEO is in before Christmas
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #33: Dec 15, 2010 01:30:19 am
      Of course we need money, to push us from Europa League to Champions league. Not from a relegation battle into 10th.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #34: Dec 15, 2010 01:33:07 am
      Of course he has no fears. He's sitting on a massive payday.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #35: Dec 15, 2010 02:20:17 am
      To me, I only rate Roy based on his word here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310784/Roy-Hodgson-tells-Liverpool-fans-Judge-10-League-games.html

After that whatever words from Roy is pointless.

He should himself leave without being sacked.

Fans should remind him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #36: Dec 15, 2010 02:55:11 am
      IMHO, as RH himself standard 9th in EPL is over achievement, he of course extremely proud and happy  :mad:

And I even believe (with painful in my heart) that our new owner maybe accept for it !
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #37: Dec 15, 2010 04:39:56 am
      I can't be arsed with him....

Who's next?  :roll:
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #38: Dec 15, 2010 05:25:00 am
      Part of what Woy is saying is right, whoever comes in next if it is January will have the same team.

Just an idea but I'd like it if Kenny was told the job was his at the end of the season, so he could scout some players with heart and determination from the lower leagues, youngsters in the prem, bargains and maybe a few players from abroad.

If Woy was sacked Tommorrow, and Dalgleish took over, I just don't see our players performances improving drastically. I don't think the majority of our players will respect him enough, especially the foriegners. We need players who would die for the club and not just arsed about a pay check.

If a deal was made behind closed doors now I think Kenny would bring us exectly what we need. Restore some of that old pride and passion that we dearly miss. :f_wah:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #39: Dec 15, 2010 06:36:55 am
      So when we put together couple of wins, Roy retracted his statement that he had been left with a poor squad and said he actually had better players than he realised.
      Now he's feeling the pressure again (as indicated by his frantic face-rubbing), he's reverted to the excuse that his players are sh*t.
      Hmm.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 15, 2010 07:38:23 am
      Hogdson is saying he cant do any better with the current crop of players we already have. Sounds like he is saying we have a team only capable of 9th place or thereabouts? Meaning that the likes of Sunderland, Bolton and Newcastle have better squads than us. Roy, there are no other excuses left, yes we need to spend on certain aspects of our side, but in no way shape or form are we should we not be capable of achieving a CL spot or at least bloody Europa! 1 out of 9 away from home? Thats the best we're capable of?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #41: Dec 15, 2010 08:16:10 am
      If Roy says that anyone coming in would do a similar job, then surely he is saying the manager has very little control over the football we play.

In so much as tactics, motivation etc count for nothing.

In which case, I'll happily do the job for £3M less per year.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #42: Dec 15, 2010 08:26:41 am
      What is the guy on,yet again he is talking about how the mancs and the arse are doing.
                 Roy i couldnt careless how them two clubs are doing.Stating how we have a decent record behind them two in recent weeks.Roy were you even at St James's.He has said something of relevence ,if we do keep playing like that away your right Roy we are mid table fodder.All i care about is LFC not the Mancs,not the Arse,and not f*cking Forres united in the highlands.Concentrate on our club,at the moment our away form is beyond shocking and i for one think someone else would be able to step in and do a better job than you! Rant over,furious.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Dec 15, 2010 08:55:39 am
      Hasn't almost every single fan been saying the club needs loads of money to improve over the last few years though? Isn't that why we never reached our potential under Rafa because the club wasn't invested in properly? Now Hodgson says it, all of a sudden it's wrong?

Sorry, but Roy is spot f**king on that the club needs investment because the vast majority of the first team is below Liverpool standard - as is Roy Hodgson. He may not be right for some of the things he said, but that one he is.

Of course we have Billy.  What I was highlighting is that he keep changes his mind with what he says depending on results.

When we win he's happy with the squad, when we lose it's not his team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Dec 15, 2010 09:20:04 am

The more he's challenged the more defensive he becomes.  It's his self preservation policy of "not my fault".

Rafa left a fukin good 1st team, and a decent squad, and a much improved youth policy & setup.

This is bull by hodgson, time to go old man !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Dec 15, 2010 10:04:07 am
      He only talks about about investment to mask his performance, ya we may need investment but f**k me we have enough quality club to be beating Blackpool or Northampton and to be putting up better performances away then we have.  He spent £10 F***ing million on Poulsen and Konchesky.

If what Hodgson is saying is the case, is he telling us Hollaway has better resources a rubbish interview that is taking f**k all blame again for the teams performance.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #46: Dec 15, 2010 10:17:50 am
      He only talks about about investment to mask his performance, ya we may need investment but f**k me we have enough quality club to be beating Blackpool or Northampton and to be putting up better performances away then we have.  He spent £10 f**king million on Poulsen and Konchesky.

If what Hodgson is saying is the case, is he telling us Hollaway has better resources a rubbish interview that is taking f**k all blame again for the teams performance.

I thought Konchesky was 3.5 mill and Poulsen 4.5, but if you say it amounts to 10 I must have got it wrong.

As for your point that we should be good enough to beat Blackpool or Northampton, of course you are right. Once again though, average players all too often give you average results. They often get themselves up for the bigger matches, but too often they aren't any better than the average players which fill up the teams of poorer clubs, and therefore you get too many poor results and unexpected defeats. It's not a new phenomenon either, few will have forgotten Reading as recently as last season, and our absolutely awful record over the years against newly promoted teams.

Then people say "how come we can do it at Home, it's obviously the set up and the managers fault". They may be right of course to some extent, but it is a fact of life that average players better with the crowd in behind them to urge them on. The good sides, the ones with true aspirations to win big trophies, go on the road and can even play sh!t and win. they can play far worse than we did at either Spurs or Newcastle and eek out the points. They degend properly, they dig in, in games of few chances when they get one they take it. They work for each other, they don't hide under pressure or allow the first setback to engender an "it isn't going to be our day" philosophy. In short they fight for the points. Hodgson has singularly failed in any attempts to get the team to play in this wasy, and in this sense he deserves criticism. It is also fair to say though that we haven't had that spirit for a long long time before Hodgson appeared on anybodies radar.     
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Dec 15, 2010 10:27:04 am
      Poulsen was £5 million depends where you read it and if you remember Dalle Valle and Kancaniklic were also attached to the deal for Konchesky as well as cash. It was rumoured Fulham made a 33 million bid for Dalla Valle last season so if anything it is probably above.

What you seem to forget Mick because you keep bringing it up is Reading were in the Championship not near bottom of league 3.

Of course it is his fault away from home if you bothered to check his away record rather than just what is on wiki you would see he has an absolutley abysmal away record something which just can't be explained away as unlucky.

Hodgson is clearly out of his depth your blind Mick if you can't see that I saw that in June before he was appointed. His mangerial history tells you all you need to know about him
      LFCexiled
      Reply #48: Dec 15, 2010 10:35:36 am
      In response to the thread title, Hodgson may not have any fears for the future but I think there's one thing we can all agree on Hundreds of thousands of LFC fans have.

All of them fears caused by one invisible genie chinned old fool. Disgraceful.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #49: Dec 15, 2010 10:38:53 am
      Hodgson is clearly out of his depth your blind Mick if you can't see that I saw that in June before he was appointed. His mangerial history tells you all you need to know about him

Ah so it's an "I told you so" agenda, sorry I didn't realise. No doubt you said something along the lines of "believe me if we get rid of Rafa all you Rafa haters will be sorry, the new bloke won't do as good a job" as well.

Well I wasn't around here at the time, but nontheless I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. If you said Hodgson wouldn't do a great job it's looking like you were correct. It's even looking possible that he won't do better than Bentez's 7th in his latest effort, but that ones not quite such a certainty so I'd keep that under your hat until it's been decided.

I'm patting myself on the back as well because despite people being incredulous at the time, I told them Benitez would completely feck it up at Inter. We all get in right sometimes.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #50: Dec 15, 2010 10:46:15 am
      More cringe-worthy sh*te from the old fool.
      He must honestly believe himself because there's nobody
      else out there who does. Time to get rid A.S.A,P.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: Dec 15, 2010 10:48:30 am
      ... It was rumoured Fulham made a 33 million bid for Dalla Valle last season so if anything it is probably above.

I wanted Dalla Valle to stay but I may have been tempted to take £33m for him :p
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #52: Dec 15, 2010 10:59:09 am
      We have been linked with cole again today that enough should make him worry because he wont be welcomed here.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Dec 15, 2010 11:02:51 am
      No I said Hodgson played negative football, we would be poor to watch and he was an extremely mediocre manager who never won anything in his career. He would flop miserably here. The posts are there to see. I posted them around May and June when he was being linked to us, thought we should have steered well clear of him. He was a british media myth.

Not that I take any satisfaction in it, but obviously like few on here I knew what Hodgson was really like.

Just saw that ya it was £3 million my mistake ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: Dec 15, 2010 11:06:55 am
      Ah so it's an "I told you so" agenda, sorry I didn't realise. No doubt you said something along the lines of "believe me if we get rid of Rafa all you Rafa haters will be sorry, the new bloke won't do as good a job" as well.

Well I wasn't around here at the time, but nontheless I think you should give yourself a pat on the back. If you said Hodgson wouldn't do a great job it's looking like you were correct. It's even looking possible that he won't do better than Bentez's 7th in his latest effort, but that ones not quite such a certainty so I'd keep that under your hat until it's been decided.

I'm patting myself on the back as well because despite people being incredulous at the time, I told them Benitez would completely feck it up at Inter. We all get in right sometimes.

Just wring plan wrong.  He may have been against Hodgson before he was signed, but the last thing ANY Liverpool fan wanted, was for Hodgson to be this poor.  I bet he takes no pleasure being right, which you seem to be doing with Voldemort he who should not be named.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #55: Dec 15, 2010 11:12:20 am
      So if Hodgson is allowed to build his own squad, I fear for the future....

Poulsen and Konchesky, 10M down the drain on players who ain't fit. And he's looking at Capdevila. Fair enough, he's good but at 32 years old?!?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #56: Dec 15, 2010 11:17:35 am
      No point barking at Roy to resign, he will not, he is waiting to be sacked and pocket the 3 mil. I'm asking,what is NESV doing? Still busy with the appointment of the CEO and board members and trying to figure out why we're in 9th spot with an almost full team of internationals? The phone-in is a joke and torturing, some old story ...... patience ... patience  ..... patience  .... 6 wins against 7 defeats, how much more we need to be patient? The phone in interview serves only one thing, a PR exercise to introduce that Werner guy.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #57: Dec 15, 2010 11:49:30 am

Sorry, but Roy is spot f**king on that the club needs investment because the vast majority of the first team is below Liverpool standard - as is Roy Hodgson. He may not be right for some of the things he said, but that one he is.
      Well in there DLS!

What you have just said, will wind so many on here up but it is bang on!

This will wind 'em up even more regardless of what we all think of Hodgson. The squad we have is 95% Benitez'.

So when Hodgson says we need investment, he is damn right. But 'cos it's Hodgson in charge, people will see through that just to get him out.
      I was a supporter of Hodgson when he came in but not so sure now, but he isn't wrong when he says the squad needs more.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Dec 15, 2010 11:53:03 am
      The man is here since June, I think there is at least 15 managers in the Premiership that would have done a better job, I don't think some people don't realise how important tactics are I really don't.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #59: Dec 15, 2010 11:54:17 am
      Well in there DLS!

What you have just said, will wind so many on here up but it is bang on!

This will wind 'em up even more regardless of what we all think of Hodgson. The squad we have is 95% Benitez'.

So when Hodgson says we need investment, he is damn right. But 'cos it's Hodgson in charge, people will see through that just to get him out.
      I was a supporter of Hodgson when he came in but not so sure now, but he isn't wrong when he says the squad needs more.

What's the argument exactly? Rafa was forced into a buy to sell and that's why the squad became depleted. You can't back up Hodgson because he's using the words that Rafa and some players used for the last 2 seasons.

His failings are not financial but tactical and verbal.

The man is clutching at straws, it's just the death throes of an owl that's just been attacked by a Hawk.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #60: Dec 15, 2010 11:55:24 am
      yer and if anchlotti leaves chelsea I think  frank rikard will be there next manager
      Thats a good point when a top manager becomes available you need to act quickly.I dont think any managerial changes will take place until a new CEO comes in and he will want to bed in before making chnages so I think we are stuck with him until the end of the season how scary is that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #61: Dec 15, 2010 11:56:06 am
      "Every interview a manager gives he says the word disappointed.  It's the latest buzzword. I'm going to try and use a different word.

I was disappointed with the defeat at Newcastle."
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #62: Dec 15, 2010 11:59:22 am
      "Now the only team with better results than us in the last 5 or 6 games is The Arsenal, or maybe now Manchester United"

Form guide.  Last 6 games.

1. Man Utd
      2. Man City
      3. Spurs
      4. Arsenal
      5. Bolton
      6. Stoke
      7. Blackpool
      8. Sunderland
      9. Blackburn
      10. West Brom
      11. Liverpool
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #63: Dec 15, 2010 12:01:53 pm
      The problem is not Roy saying we need investment, it's Roy saying everyday the contrary of what he said the previous day.

Remember Roy just before the last game :

“If they want to invest lots of money and we find the right players I am not so stupid as to say not to do it,” he said. “But it would be sensible to be more circumspect and get a closer a look. It would not be bad to keep testing the squad we have.

“My message would be – and I have spoken to John [Henry of FSG] about it – if the right players become available and we think they can really push us on and we can get them, we shouldn’t hesitate. But I shouldn’t be encouraging them to throw a lot of money at it straight away. I’d plead for patience. "

Another problem is Roy bigging up average players after an easy home win, to the point they become lazy in the next match, then damaging their confidence after an away defeat, when they should expect protection from their manager, only blaming their quality instead of recognizing his tactics had their part in the failure.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Dec 15, 2010 12:01:55 pm
      And his media pals are buying these lies
      LFCexiled
      Reply #65: Dec 15, 2010 12:04:28 pm
      "Now the only team with better results than us in the last 5 or 6 games is The Arsenal, or maybe now Manchester United"

1. Man Utd
      2. Man City
      3. Spurs
      4. Arsenal
      5. Bolton
      6. Stoke
      7. Blackpool
      8. Sunderland
      9. Blackburn
      10. West Brom
      11. Liverpool

:lmao:

Just reading that out aloud brings home how stupid the man is. It hurts but the man is laughable.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #66: Dec 15, 2010 12:04:34 pm
      What's the argument exactly? Rafa was forced into a buy to sell and that's why the squad became depleted. You can't back up Hodgson because he's using the words that Rafa and some players used for the last 2 seasons.

The man is clutching at straws, it's just the death throes of an owl that's just been attacked by a Hawk.

Hodgson had to sell two youngsters to buy Konchesky. Had to loan out Aquilani to get Poulsen. Had to sell Cavalieri to get Jones. Had to sell Mascherano to get Meireles. Not that, that makes good reading for Hodgson mind. But he to as worked under a sell to buy transfer policy because his only transfer window with us was under Hicks and Gillett.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #67: Dec 15, 2010 12:13:44 pm
      So he basically weakend his own squad thats good planning. Then he blamed Rafa even more interesting.Then he said the squad was better than he thought but now it isnt.He slagged of his own players and had a go at the fans, its like a massive motorway pile up.
      The only question really is why is he still here.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #68: Dec 15, 2010 12:13:52 pm
      Hodgson had to sell two youngsters to buy Konchesky. Had to loan out Aquilani to get Poulsen. Had to sell Cavalieri to get Jones. Had to sell Mascherano to get Meireles. Not that, that makes good reading for Hodgson mind. But he to as worked under a sell to buy transfer policy because his only transfer window with us was under Hicks and Gillett.

Your right DLS it makes awful reading. Just adds credence to how sh*t his judgement is really. The Masch/Meireles thing wasn't as cut and dried as buy to sell though. Masch was gone no matter what and meireles was already on his way because of Rafa. The only successful signing out of all of them and he can't even figure out his best position even though he said in the summer that he wouldn't sign a player without knowing his position.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #69: Dec 15, 2010 04:18:57 pm

1. Man Utd
      2. Man City
      3. Spurs
      4. Arsenal
      5. Bolton
      6. Stoke
      7. Blackpool
      8. Sunderland
      9. Blackburn
      10. West Brom
      11. Liverpool

genuinely beggars belief that the man still hasn't had anyone to tell him to just zip it. rafa would have never got basic stats like this wrong :(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #70: Dec 15, 2010 04:30:18 pm
      rRafa would have never got basic stats like this wrong :(

Or Fachts.  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #71: Dec 15, 2010 04:32:10 pm
      rafa would have never got basic stats like this wrong :(

Before he came out with that statement he couldn't remember how many league games we had played.  Luckily Jonjo Shelvey was sat next to him to remind him.

The good news is that Fulham are BOTTOM of the form table.

So I fully expect him to big them up and tell us that they are in a 'good vein of form'.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #72: Dec 15, 2010 04:33:28 pm
      "Every interview a manager gives he says the word disappointed.  It's the latest buzzword. I'm going to try and use a different word.

I was disappointed with the defeat at Newcastle."

He is like some old music hall character. i was going to say he reminds me a little of absent minded Bobby Robson but he was a great Manager and i wouldn't insult his memory that way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #73: Dec 15, 2010 04:38:19 pm

I'm not sure if there's any better replacement, maybe Hughton of Newcastle? Mate we are short of solutions really...

I can think of one better replacement than O'Neil, has won league and Premiership titles too!

Shouldn't the title really read Hodgson has no fears or ideas for future?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #74: Dec 15, 2010 04:46:51 pm
      I can think of one better replacement than O'Neil, has won league and Premiership titles too!

Shouldn't the title really read Hodgson has no fears or ideas for future?

My left bollock would be a better choice than that fuckwit o'neill, and it's the smaller of the 2.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #75: Dec 15, 2010 04:50:31 pm
      My left bollock would be a better choice than that fuckwit o'neill, and it's the smaller of the 2.

My anus could do better and the only instructions it can give sound like a tiny chainsaw and occasionally a balloon deflating.

Still better than Hodgson but also a nope to O'Neill for me.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #76: Dec 15, 2010 04:56:17 pm
      Kenny, Riijkard, or Hiddink for me..
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #77: Dec 15, 2010 05:50:34 pm

Fact of the matter is you have to make the best of what you have to work with..that is a managers #1 duty imo....Now while our team may not have the best players in the world, we damn sure have the players to be higher up on the table and preform week in and week out better then we have been.

If we lost to Chelsea, ManU, the Mancs..or another team of that caliber I would be like OK the better squad won....what kills me is losing to the bottom feeders and making the excuse of how good they are when we lose.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #78: Dec 15, 2010 06:01:41 pm
      Of course he has no fears for the future - he's getting a nice little pension out of us no matter what happens.

Purslow STILL has a lot to answer for, despite helping oust the tumours.
      Smigger
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #79: Dec 15, 2010 06:39:53 pm
      Fulham can have him back if they want see ya Roy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #80: Dec 15, 2010 06:53:47 pm
      "they also realise that the team I am working with is not the team I put together"

Yeah Roy, The team you put together was Fulham. GO BACK THERE PLEASE!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #81: Dec 15, 2010 07:16:51 pm
      Roy be afraid ,,be very afraid ....any normal person doing what you are doing would either fall on their sword or just quit !! do either for me please !
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #82: Dec 15, 2010 11:06:35 pm
      Any chance we can combine all the topics on Roy into one massive topic of hate seems to be 10 topics on him already?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #83: Dec 16, 2010 12:08:31 pm
      He is kakking his nappy really.

B.T.W.

Whats with all the Owl talk drifting in.?

It must be Hodgson being a t-wit.

Or is he a Dead Mouse Walking.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #84: Dec 16, 2010 12:15:05 pm
      I've found Roys hat

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #85: Dec 16, 2010 12:17:35 pm
      How does he sleep at night.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #86: Dec 16, 2010 12:19:09 pm

I thought Owl's didn't sleep at night?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #87: Dec 16, 2010 12:21:48 pm
      Hodgson has has no fears for the future because he doesn't have one at our club.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #88: Dec 16, 2010 08:26:33 pm
      He doesn't sleep at night ...probably why he does ' the Roy face rub ' strange how some people are known for ..being a great leader..or...good tactitian...or ...holding your head in your hands ? ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Dec 16, 2010 09:09:57 pm
      Watched the match on 3e and the interviewer told him he would have to stop rubbing his chin. Roy looked a little embarrassed
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #90: Dec 17, 2010 05:36:14 pm
      Of course Roy has no fears for his future either way he wins, he gets paid off LFC for the sh*te he's serving or he gets a nice £3m pay off, why would he have any fears ?
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #91: Dec 18, 2010 12:45:26 pm
      Roy seem to believe he will be here for january :

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...594026,00.html

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has expressed his hope that he will be able to strengthen his squad next month.

The Reds boss had discussions with principal owner John Henry and Tom Werner about the squad and what transfer activity is required when the Americans were on Merseyside earlier this week.

However, the 63-year-old suggested he was still not sure what the January window would bring.

"I can only hope we get one or two of the injured players back in certain areas," said Hodgson.

"With injuries to Jamie Carragher (shoulder), Daniel Agger (calf), Jay Spearing (ankle) and Gerrard (hamstring) we have been hit hard in certain areas.

"I can only hope if there is any possibility of transfers in the January window that will help us and make us a better team I will be given the opportunity to take those players.

Ambition

"My ambition to improve the squad is shared by the owners but we will have to wait and see what possibilities are there - if any - and what they would like to do."

The positive signs emerging from Melwood suggested Gerrard would be fit to return from a month-long absence from a hamstring injury against Fulham.

Liverpool have won the last four Barclays Premier League matches at Anfield and the return of their captain would be a huge boost heading into the busy festive period.

"Four home games out of six (in the next month) is important because Anfield has been good to us in recent weeks," added the Reds boss.

"We are playing a lot of those teams who are around or below us in the table so there is a lot of responsibility [on the players].

"The problem these days is that there is not a great deal of difference in point between the sixth team and ones at the bottom."

... but still look like he have no idea of his transfer budget and opportunities.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2010 12:51:13 pm by TonioLerouge »

Quick Reply