Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Anfield Stadium Images OFFICIAL Release

Read 32928 times
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: New Anfield Stadium Images OFFICIAL Release
      Reply #23: Jul 25, 2007 07:17:57 pm
      just having a close up look at the side stands and it appears that the left hand stand will have no executive boxes where as the right hand stand is going to have 3 rows of boxes !? not sure what i make of each stand looking completely different, I love how it looks from outside but there has to be some kind of uniformity on the inside me thinks, it may well be that the standard of the inside shots aren't great so they just look a bit disjointed ?

thoughts ?

Cy
      Reply #24: Jul 25, 2007 10:40:48 pm
      An other fellow Liverpool fan send me these aerial pics of the new Anfield..Looks pretty cool from above..Not top quality i know, but still gives us a chance to have a glimpse from the sky..

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #25: Jul 25, 2007 11:10:35 pm
      Truly unique and very impressive!
      The Kop is awesome and truly representative of the power and passion of Liverpool FC.
      It's scale of grandeur belies the very heart of the club and the direction in which we are heading.
      The stadium is symbolic of a testimony to all that has gone before with a bold step towards the future.

I was initially amazed but then intrigued by the scale of the Kop. 18,000 is a phenomenal capacity behind the goal - smaller teams have that as a ground capacity!
      The Kop 'quadrants' are obviously where the proposed capacity increase will be accommodated but in it's original development the stadium will be nothing short of mind-blowing to all who have had the honour of any experience at the present Anfield stadium.
      As more images of the stadium are released opinions will be debated, far too early at present to discuss the finer details but one thing is very clear - I already have a heavy heart about the Anfield we know. Even while writing this article I am unsure how to address 'Anfield, The old Anfield,'- it is difficult to talk in two contexts about one place - Liverpool FC's football stadium!

Time is a precious commodity and it waits for no man, so while we still have the time at Anfield as we know it, we should enjoy it to the maximum. Each and every game now is a countdown to that final game, the writing is on the wall and the plans are in place. It's official.
      We have a duty to give Anfield the biggest and best possible send off humanly possible.
      She deserves to be the home of the League Champions, at Anfield, one more time -
      Where better than here and when better than now?

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Jul 26, 2007 12:16:44 am
      I'd love to see where this development of the extra seating is going to be put in! The gaps in the corners perhaps?

Judging by the response to the view from the outside into the stadium through the glass, maybe this might be a bad idea?
      rees
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 26, 2007 11:14:53 am
      You're right  they should keep it at 60,000 capacity but the stadium pictures look awesome
      christov84
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 26, 2007 01:00:01 pm
      I think limiting the capacity to only 60,000 and increase of roughly 15,000 isn't worth £250 million to build the new stadium, its got to be closer to 70,000 eventually to make it worthwile i reckon, whatever the capacity i can't wait to take up my seat in the new Kop!
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 27, 2007 11:07:21 am
      I think this stadium looks amazing, so different to anything else i've seen, just wondering what it's gonna be called now
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #30: Jul 27, 2007 11:31:31 am
      More new pics of our new stadium, really looks amazing, see the massive screen at the away end, looks like they will add another tier of seats there when the 2nd planning approval has been granted to push the capacity past 75k

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/videos-pictures/pictures-of-liverpool/liverpool-fc-photos/

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2007 04:59:34 pm by Jabba, Reason: Images Inserted »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: Jul 27, 2007 04:10:34 pm
      Cheers Hound, these pics are what should have been released 48hrs ago.
      lfc4life403
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 27, 2007 04:32:58 pm
      wow wow wow what more can i say
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #33: Jul 27, 2007 05:11:10 pm
      the "away" end looks quiet small. Will that be where thw extra seats will be? so many questions and no answers.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #34: Jul 27, 2007 06:10:59 pm
      Whos fussed about the away end?we get  a raw deal at most grounds.In general its great,a unique and Futuristic design,something that real sets us apart.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #35: Jul 27, 2007 06:34:35 pm
      I was just saying compaired to the rest of the ground it seems small, not that the away fans have a small end ::) and they deserve a bigger end :o (sorry could not help that).
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #36: Jul 28, 2007 12:55:37 am
      I was just saying compaired to the rest of the ground it seems small, not that the away fans have a small end ::) and they deserve a bigger end :o (sorry could not help that).

to be fair the rest of the ground is huge, the stands are just massive, but in answer to your question the opposite end to the kop is being built so that when planning permission is granted for the 75k+ approval rather than have to build on an extra tier they will just have to add the seats and not change the super structure of the stadium, its a great idea build the stadium to hold 80k and add the extra seats as and when the 2nd application is granted with out the need to increase the sise of to the stands !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #37: Jul 28, 2007 01:55:35 am

Outrageous comment RedPuppy!  :D

Carney
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      • Scouse Red and Proud
      Reply #38: Jul 28, 2007 02:50:59 am
      Rick Parry said on an interview on the Liverpool website these designs done are rough outlines therefore I won't take too much notice until I go to the park and see the stadium being built. Also, they aim to have to 76,000 by the time of the 2010/2011 season because they reckon they will get planning permission for a bigger stadium on the way. So many memories, but it's time to move on and I hope our stadium looks nothing like the others, we are Liverpool and unique to any other club and we aim to have one of the best stadiums in the world, and with the backing of Parry, Hicks and Gillett I see this happening.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #39: Jul 28, 2007 08:47:28 am
      Wow!

This design puts us back at the top.We are the finest football team in the world and will have the best stadium also.

Just give us the Premiership Rafa and fulfill all our dreams!

Cy
      Reply #40: Jul 29, 2007 09:49:46 am
      More I see of this stadium and more I like it, really nothing seen anywhere else.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #41: Jul 29, 2007 01:00:15 pm
       :) Gets better with each new set of pictures.....anyone know how many bars will be included?  :food-smiley-005:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #42: Jul 31, 2007 02:42:09 am
      The newer pictures are much better! Cheers Hound!  ;) I just can't wait for it, it's going to be amazing!

I'm not fussed about the away end! The away end in Old Trafford is a sh*t bin and situated too far back! Although it never stops us outsinging them!  ;D

:) Gets better with each new set of pictures.....anyone know how many bars will be included?  :food-smiley-005:

My thoughts exactly! As long as they ain't priced the same as Wembley! Went there for a gig and was outpriced out of me dinner!  >:( Robbing bas**rds!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #43: Jul 31, 2007 08:04:59 pm
      Thrilled about it all. It looks superb. Simple as.

A world class stadium built for a world class footballing institution to play in front of world class supporters.

Simple.
      harveygreen
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 03, 2007 10:38:24 am
      that is wikid  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D but it will take along time to build  :-[   
      is it goin to be bigger than the emirates stadium ????
      w.b
      bye
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #45: Aug 06, 2007 07:39:09 am
      It's really modern in the outside and quite tradictionnel in the inside (specially the stand LFC-white-onRed), that's too great! I'm a bit woried. Steven Gerrard said in LiverpoolFC.TV that he was quite supprised about the new desigh, he's very pleased and he hoped that he's still here to play the first match of the new stadium (expected to finish in 2010). Man! I don't know that he still have the idea to go!

Quick Reply