Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Kenny Dalglish speaks after Kop call for him to replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool

Read 5968 times
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 77 posts |
      Kenny Dalglish speaks after Kop call for him to replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool
      Jan 01, 2011 09:00:43 am
      What do you guys think about this (From the Echo)? I see that he doesn't distance himself from taking the job should need be? Potentially christmas all over again?  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: And then his remark about potentially having a discussion AFTER getting the three points? Here's hoping that means something!

Kenny Dalglish speaks after Kop call for him to replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool FC boss

KENNY DALGLISH today spoke out amid the storm clouds gathering over Anfield and urged everyone to pull together to help Liverpool claim "three badly needed points" against Bolton this afternoon.

Reds legend Dalglish spoke out 48 hours after his name spilled from the Kop on Wednesday night during the defeat to Wolves, with thousands of angry supporters urging him to be installed as manager in place of under-fire boss Roy Hodgson.

Dalglish, currently employed as a club ambassador at Anfield, told the Echo: "Let’s just press the pause button and throw all our efforts and energies into one basket.

"Everyone – whether players, supporters, staff or whatever – has to throw everything towards the one aim and that is to get us three badly needed points from the game against Bolton today.

"Because if everyone sticks together we’ll have a better chance of getting those three points.

"Then if we want to have a discussion after that, we can.

"But the three points for the club is more important than any single person and how they feel.

"So let’s forget the issues today and concentrate on getting those three points."

Hodgson, who has now apologised to Liverpool supporters for any offence he unwittingly caused in his post match remarks on Wednesday night, has acknowledged that winning over the fans from the outset had been difficult given the affection they hold for Dalglish – who himself had hoped to be considered for the job himself after Rafa Benitez’s departure back in June.

Liverpool fans have several times this season chanted loudly for the 59-year-old Scot, who spent 14 years in total at Anfield winning six league titles, three European Cups and four League Cups as a player before guiding Liverpool as manager to three league titles, including a double in 1986.

He also won a fourth championship with Blackburn Rovers after re-entering the game following his shock departure from Anfield in 1991.

Dalglish, who was not present at Wednesday night’s game against Wolves, added: "It is about Liverpool Football Club right now – not about any individual person.

"If everybody does their job properly; if everybody sticks together; if the players excite the fans and the fans support the players and everyone is led in one direction, then we should get the result today.

"But without everybody being on the same page, it will make it a bit more difficult."

Liverpool Echo
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2011 10:49:17 am by RedPuppy, Reason: News Formated and Link Added »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish speaks after Kop call for him to replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2011 09:05:12 am
      I think Kenny does a lot of this when he goes home at night, when thinking about Roy, his management and his comments in the media.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 77 posts |
      Re: Kenny Dalglish speaks after Kop call for him to replace Roy Hodgson as Liverpool
      Reply #2: Jan 01, 2011 09:09:03 am
      Having read the article more than once now, I interpret what he's saying as: Let's do this match to the best of our abilities, and then have a serious discussion afterwards about potentially making some changes (like change of manager).

Apologies, I'm desperate for some positive news about a manager change and will look for it where ever I can  :laugh:
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #3: Jan 01, 2011 09:32:56 am
      Very important message from the very special man.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Jan 01, 2011 09:47:15 am
      OK Kenny, discussion after 3 points :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jan 01, 2011 09:48:56 am
      My only concern with what Kenny is saying here is, if the game transpires as it did against Wolves and we are woefully inept and a goal down with 15 minutes to go, I think frustrations will boil ever and we'll see repeat scenes of what we seen against Wolves from teh Anfield faithful.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Jan 01, 2011 09:53:10 am
      OK.
      If if that woeful, inept, dysfunctional, mouse of a man starts face rubbing when we are a goal down dont expect unity.

KD wants the good of the club to prevail and he is right.

However.
      If we lose the game and win the war that Hodgson goes on Monday Im good with that too.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2011 10:01:02 am
      Agree with Kenny , we desperately need 3 points today and we should do everything to get behind the team .

The protests against Roy should be suspended today , the most important thing is to give the lads a lift and hopefully a win.

The World and his wife know how we feel about Roy , so let's focus on 3 points today.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 01, 2011 10:28:18 am
      3 points is non-negotiable today, we must get that regardless of what happens to that clown. RH is still a dead man walking and is on his way whatever happens now, it's just a case of when!

If we fail to get the 3 points expect a reaction far worse than the Wolves game
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Jan 01, 2011 11:23:33 am
      There has been a scramble for some good PR at the Club since Roy's gaff and Kenny's call for unity today mite be NESV's way of seeing how much power he has on both us and the players.

They may be testing him and us to his suitability to stand in for the rest of the season and beyond. 

Or am I clutching at straws?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #10: Jan 01, 2011 12:05:45 pm
      Even if we win draw or lose today hodgsons is gone there is no doubt in my mind so lets get behind the team today and give it our all .Kenny will be our new manager ,he"ll get our full support for as long as he needs and after that aswell.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #11: Jan 01, 2011 12:05:58 pm
      There has been a scramble for some good PR at the Club since Roy's gaff and Kenny's call for unity today mite be NESV's way of seeing how much power he has on both us and the players.

They may be testing him and us to his suitability to stand in for the rest of the season and beyond. 

I think he is just doing his Job as Club Ambassador.

He can not say and should not say what we are saying.

As now he is employed by the club, he also can not say "give me the Job", as the Job is not vacant.

I don't think he has come out and said this freely, but has been asked a question and this is his reply.
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel
      • Started Topic

• 77 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 01, 2011 12:06:47 pm

If I try to look at it from our owners perspective, it would be something like this:

You've just aquired the club and need to establish ownership.

Appoint yourself as Chairman of the Board and get an external representative with sufficient experience to be your advisor joining you. - Check

Now, give yourself the existing season to identify all potential gaps and deficiencies that needs to be remedied. Under which you by end of 2010 have:

Established the right person acting as Sporting Director - Check.
      Appointed new management:
      Keep current commercial Director (This guy can really sell!) - Check.
      Get rid of current Man. Dir. (For reasons known to most of us) and appoint a new one (I.e. the right person for the job!) - Unfortunately not check yet (But they claim to be close).
      Assess current manager (Clearly they will like somebody else to come in, but it is hard to get a long-term solution before summer), and give him enough financial muscle during the January window in order to get a decent result this season.

- The last one is the one that I am sure they are reconsidering at this moment. However, keeping focus on a long-term solution, it would definetly be best to have a new Man Dir on board before appointing a new manager, even if it's a short-term solution. I'm sure they would prefer for that person as well as Comolli and possibly a couple of others to also buy in to whatever solution is selected in the end. That would possibly include Kenny as well.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #13: Jan 01, 2011 12:11:05 pm
      When Roy eventually leaves, I want the likes Of Kenny and a whole host of LFC legends locked in a room with no outside influence and enough provisions to last them a couple or weeks to decide on who should be next manager, when it's been decided on I want red smoke to come out of the top of the Liver building letting the people know we have a new manager.

If that man is Kenny so be it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Jan 01, 2011 12:24:52 pm

The last one is the one that I am sure they are reconsidering at this moment. However, keeping focus on a long-term solution, it would definetly be best to have a new Man Dir on board before appointing a new manager, even if it's a short-term solution. I'm sure they would prefer for that person as well as Comolli and possibly a couple of others to also buy in to whatever solution is selected in the end. That would possibly include Kenny as well.

My take on it is they've realised that Roy isn't the long term answer but were hoping to leave him in charge till Summer.  By that time the new CEO and others would have had time to identify potential candidates to take over.

Now they have to make a decision earlier, possibly without a CEO in place.

Somebody mentioned a rumour yesterday that Kenny was taking over from Sammy to "assist" Roy till the new Manager is announced.  This isn't such a daft idea actually.

They want rid of Roy but don't want to pay compensation.  Roy's stated he won't walk. 

Would Roy be happy being Manager in name only? 

Have Kenny and Comilli picking the team and deciding on tactics? 

Have Kenny sat next to him on the bench and seeing him screaming and shouting at the players?

Would he walk under those circumstances?

Possibly  :D
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 01, 2011 12:28:42 pm
      If i read between the lines, some changes may be in the pipeline.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #16: Jan 01, 2011 12:40:51 pm
      We can all read exactly what isn't being said here. Hopefully the changes are rung in asap. Roy Hodgson seems a decent fella but plain and simple he's not good enough for us...

Even if it's only til the end of the season - bring back the King!!!
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Jan 01, 2011 12:58:45 pm
      As owners have already made known to the press that they'll change Hodgson as soon they have a candidate ready, I think there is no reason not to give full support for this match.

Asking for Dalgish will change nothing if he hasn't the profile they search for the future. Just make more painful for him not to be selected one more time, and make the life of the future manager harder.

If performance is bad and they don't find their perfect manager, they may or not appoint him as caretaker, but it won't be because fans chant his name (I even think they see as a negative for a caretaker to have so much support it would make the next manager potentially unpopular at start ; IMO if they change their mind and appoint one it will be a staff member like Rodolfo Borrel).
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #18: Jan 01, 2011 01:07:40 pm
      Rafa fu**ed off with 6million of our clubs money what a sickener to pay this c**t redundancy aswell ,can"t they sack him for underachieving , F**k that sh*t these boys are getting money for jam.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Jan 01, 2011 01:14:33 pm
      Rafa fu**ed off with 6million of our clubs money what a sickener to pay this c**t redundancy aswell ,can"t they sack him for underachieving , F**k that sh*t these boys are getting money for jam.

When he was entitled to 16m.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #20: Jan 01, 2011 01:16:56 pm
      If I'm still not drunk then the title of this thread makes no sense.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #21: Jan 01, 2011 01:21:56 pm
      Why is Rafa alwasy dragged into it , the same man who gave a large chunk of that 6 million to charity,s in liverpool. take a break fella.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: Jan 01, 2011 01:31:05 pm

Rafa did not "F**k off", he was sacked.

I guess it was not the clubs money, but money that belonged to RBS thus more debt.

Quick Reply