Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Kenny - the words of wisdom

Read 26982 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Kenny - the words of wisdom
      Reply #207: Mar 01, 2011 10:09:05 pm
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #208: Mar 02, 2011 11:29:09 am
      Looking forward to his pre-match press conference for the United game. Could be some classic comments vs auld whiskey nose.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #209: Mar 02, 2011 11:29:15 pm
      LFCexiled
      Reply #210: Mar 03, 2011 02:02:27 pm
      From the Fail:

Dalglish - We've still won 5 European Cups!

Ahead of his first clash with Sir Alex Ferguson at Anfield for two decades, Dalglish said: ‘We want to help ourselves first. If we help ourselves and it hinders somebody else then that’s not our problem, that’s theirs.

‘As we always say, you can control an awful lot of your own destiny and not someone else’s. If we concentrate on ourselves and prepare as well as we can, then whatever eventualities come from that, fine.

‘If we get a result on Sunday it is more helpful to us than it is harmful to them. I never considered they would catch us. I was concentrating on what I was supposed to do and that was to manage Blackburn Rovers.

‘You never look too far ahead and I wasn’t doing that then. To their credit they have won a fantastic amount of Championships and it shows how successful they have been.

‘I was working for a good part of that time. I had my own competition with Manchester United when I was at Blackburn and then Newcastle.

‘I never had any feelings. You take greater satisfaction from when your own team is successful and they’ve been more successful than Liverpool over the past 20 years.

‘But at the end of the day we’ve still got bits we can hang on to. We’ve still won five European Cups.’

Dalglish says he is relishing the opportunity to lock horns with his old adversary.
      ‘It’s never been any different. If you read my book it’ll tell you!’
      he added. ‘I’ve never had a problem with Fergie.

‘I’ve got respect for the job he has done as a manager. I’ve never had a problem. I’ve known him for a long, long time. It must be 40 years or so since I first came across him. I don’t have a problem.’

Asked if he’ll enjoy a glass of red wine with Ferguson to mark his 60th, Dalglish joked: ‘Well it’s my birthday! He’ll have what everybody else gets.’

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #211: Mar 03, 2011 02:15:50 pm
      From the Telegraph

Quote from: The King
      "We’re hopeful most of [the squad] will be fit. We don’t really know [about Sunday] because it’s Thursday morning – a wee bit away from the game.

“Obviously Martin Kelly won’t play with a hamstring strain and Jonjo Shelvey won’t be available either. Everybody else’s fitness is more positive than that. Who we have and what we go with we won’t know yet – and that includes Andy Carroll.

“Andy’s training was always progressing but it hasn’t progressed into a game yet.

“We’ve said all along that we’ve been delighted with his progress and there hasn’t been anything he’s done that hasn’t been encouraging.

“Whether he’s involved on Sunday or not – I’m sure Fergie would love to know but we don’t know.

“He might not even be a substitute – he might be going to see Boyzone!”

No Sir Alex, just Fergie, ha ha ha.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #212: Mar 03, 2011 02:19:20 pm
      From the Telegraph

No Sir Alex, just Fergie, ha ha ha.

Excellent Kenny. Keep to what you can control, let the others worry about everything else.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #213: Mar 03, 2011 02:23:50 pm
      I'm going to hazard a guess that Carroll will be either not in the squad or an unused substitute.

I just think we dont want to show our hand to early :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #214: Mar 03, 2011 02:40:18 pm
      He has respect for him as a manager but he didnt say he has respect for him as a human being.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #215: Mar 03, 2011 03:03:21 pm
      He has respect for him as a manager but he didnt say he has respect for him as a human being.

Only scummers and arse-lickers have.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #216: Mar 03, 2011 05:52:05 pm
      The Kings Comedy = Brilliant vid, loved it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #217: Mar 03, 2011 07:45:00 pm
       :lmao:  :lmao: The man is just f***in awesome, the King of comedy indeed,  :lmao:  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #218: Mar 03, 2011 08:12:29 pm
      Of all the reasons i want us to beat UTD on sunday letting Kenny get the better of the corpse that is ferguson is my main one.
      If I where a Ref I would be thinking of how I could give a penalty to us just to piss off ferguson even more.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #219: Mar 04, 2011 08:22:06 am
      Of all the reasons I want us to beat UTD on sunday letting Kenny get the better of the corpse that is ferguson is my main one.
      If I where a Ref I would be thinking of how I could give a penalty to us just to piss off ferguson even more.

Thing is with Kenny in charge it may just address the balance, I mean the referees seem scared of slur Alex but they cannot help but respect Kenny. Would love to see how Kenny and the team actually treat referees now as soon as they enter Anfield. Can't help to think that Kenny starts the mind games as soon as they arrive.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #220: Mar 04, 2011 09:55:57 am
      Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will be ready and waiting for any of Sir Alex Ferguson's mind games ahead of Manchester United's trip to Anfield.

Liverpool are a distant 21 points adrift of United in sixth place, but victory this weekend would put a big dent in their rivals' hopes of reclaiming the Premier League title, particularly in the wake of their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea in midweek.

Ferguson has already cancelled his pre-match press conference in the wake of his comments about Stamford Bridge referee Martin Atkinson which earned him an improper conduct charge from the Football Association.

But should he elect to share his thoughts prior to the fixture, Dalglish will not allow any comments from the rival camp to distract his players.

"He has used psychology before in the pre-amble to matches, but he will only get sparring practice if he tries to use it on ourselves," he said.

"We've both been a long time out of short trousers. It will have to be a good one to catch us out."

Dalglish, who celebrates his 60th birthday on Friday, and Ferguson have a long history in the game, having faced each other as young players on either side of Glasgow's great football divide.

And the Reds boss recalled one of their first encounters when he was playing in defence for Celtic's reserves with Ferguson in action for Rangers.

"I think he'd better come out of here," Dalglish joked, after looking in his pocket. "It was 40 years ago, and I was marking him in a reserve game!

"I was a big, bruising centre-back and he was up front. I read somewhere that he said he'd scored, but I thought we won 2-0. I'm probably wrong about that one as well. We definitely beat them, though.

"I was only 18 and in defence because of my height and aggression...! No, it was for educational purposes, that's all.

"Fergie had gone for a lot of money to Rangers and they'd lost the Cup final to Celtic the year before. He might have been on the way out at Ibrox at the time.

"The first team played their game at Ibrox and the reserves were at Celtic Park, and he was up against us. I have to say he never gave me a problem!"

http://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/6793519/Dalglish-ready-for-Fergie-games

Just when you think you couldn't love the man more...
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #221: Mar 04, 2011 09:20:41 pm
      Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will be ready and waiting for any of Sir Alex Ferguson's mind games ahead of Manchester United's trip to Anfield.

Liverpool are a distant 21 points adrift of United in sixth place, but victory this weekend would put a big dent in their rivals' hopes of reclaiming the Premier League title, particularly in the wake of their 2-1 defeat by Chelsea in midweek.

Ferguson has already cancelled his pre-match press conference in the wake of his comments about Stamford Bridge referee Martin Atkinson which earned him an improper conduct charge from the Football Association.

But should he elect to share his thoughts prior to the fixture, Dalglish will not allow any comments from the rival camp to distract his players.

"He has used psychology before in the pre-amble to matches, but he will only get sparring practice if he tries to use it on ourselves," he said.

"We've both been a long time out of short trousers. It will have to be a good one to catch us out."

Dalglish, who celebrates his 60th birthday on Friday, and Ferguson have a long history in the game, having faced each other as young players on either side of Glasgow's great football divide.

And the Reds boss recalled one of their first encounters when he was playing in defence for Celtic's reserves with Ferguson in action for Rangers.

"I think he'd better come out of here," Dalglish joked, after looking in his pocket. "It was 40 years ago, and I was marking him in a reserve game!

"I was a big, bruising centre-back and he was up front. I read somewhere that he said he'd scored, but I thought we won 2-0. I'm probably wrong about that one as well. We definitely beat them, though.

"I was only 18 and in defence because of my height and aggression...! No, it was for educational purposes, that's all.

"Fergie had gone for a lot of money to Rangers and they'd lost the Cup final to Celtic the year before. He might have been on the way out at Ibrox at the time.

"The first team played their game at Ibrox and the reserves were at Celtic Park, and he was up against us. I have to say he never gave me a problem!"

http://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/6793519/Dalglish-ready-for-Fergie-games

Just when you think you couldn't love the man more...
      It would have to be a F***ing big pocket nowadays what with Fergie's Ego and Blood red nose !
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #222: Mar 06, 2011 04:20:38 pm
      Post match interview, Sky tw*t tried to ask whether Carragher was lucky to be on the pitch.

Without even thinking..

"he was lucky to playing for Liverpool today as we were the better side"

F***ing class....How I have missed that, did he expect Kenny to agree with him...? They don't learn do they.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #223: Mar 07, 2011 08:43:55 am
      "Every day is my birthday when I go into Melwood."
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #224: Mar 07, 2011 10:10:20 am
      Post match interview, Sky tw*t tried to ask whether Carragher was lucky to be on the pitch.

Without even thinking..

"he was lucky to playing for Liverpool today as we were the better side"

f**king class....How I have missed that, did he expect Kenny to agree with him...? They don't learn do they.

Smiled when he said that. The reporter had to ask if he wasn't commenting on the Carragher-tackle and KK said, 'I already answered the question'

Alan Curbishly (excuse my spelling) seem to think KK owes it to the public to openly declare that the Carragher-tackle was poor blah blah blah
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #225: Mar 07, 2011 10:34:23 am
      Smiled when he said that. The reporter had to ask if he wasn't commenting on the Carragher-tackle and KK said, 'I already answered the question'

Alan Curbishly (excuse my spelling) seem to think KK owes it to the public to openly declare that the Carragher-tackle was poor blah blah blah

Well then Fergie owes it to the public to have a post match interview aswell as delcare that rapheals challenge on lucas was poor bla bla bla
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #226: Mar 07, 2011 11:26:01 am

I'd love to see Curbishley try telling the King that.

He might get a different answer!!
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #227: Mar 07, 2011 11:41:27 am
      KK ''Just because Fergie doesn't speak after games, I'm no going to spend twice as long talking to you." :lmao: :mad:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #228: Mar 07, 2011 11:48:09 am

did he say the same for Ferguson about Raphael's lunge on Lucas.No, so shut the F**k up he is another arse licking Fergie lover.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #229: Mar 07, 2011 11:56:30 am

Probably get a glaswegian kiss if anything.

Quick Reply