Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Blackpool

Fernando Torres
      (36.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (7.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (3.2%)
      Milan Jovanovic
      (2.6%)
      Martin Kelly
      (14.8%)
      Pepe Reina
      (35.5%)

Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair

Read 82655 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Re: Blackpool 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Despair
      Reply #1173: Jan 13, 2011 07:13:57 pm
      Took my time to post as i went on quite a session after the game, not a nice feeling knowing my hometown Blackpool have done the double over the mighty Liverpool but whats done is done and to be honest there were a few positives to talk about.

For me the game was lost by that horrible mistake which led to the equaliser, Blackpool are brimming with confidence win lose or draw at the moment, so to let them back in so early changed everything. after that i thought we lacked leadership, think back to Rafa days we had Alonso,Mascherano,Gerrard,Carragher players willing to fight, so a couple of worthy additions in this window will help DM to me is an area i would like a proven leader to cover/organise the back four Hamman,Mascherano mould player. I'm not gonna emphasise on tactics too much as Kenny has probably had one training session, but we pressed higher and had a spell where pass and move was on show, so in time I'm sure we will get it right. Fernando looked better last night but still sulks a lot he desperately needs a proven partner so ST is another area essential and a really creative LM, then i think he will be happy again. Full credit to Holloway and his attacking play they spread the ball well and work as a unit. the defence was shaky but a lot of that was down to new management etc i expect to see a quality LB bought soon. We are moving in the right direction lets all just stick together and not be like the last however many years of bickering between ourselves remember what it means to be Liverpool.

oh and for all our downfalls we nearly nicked a draw with a pen at the end.  :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1174: Jan 13, 2011 07:38:15 pm
      I'm sick of people blaming Poulsen for our defeat, I thought we are a club that helps welcome players I mean I thought Poulsen had an alright game last night, he was certainly better then Meriles yesterday.

I wouldn't say I blame him but I felt his spot in the team could have been given to someone who could offer more.

Don't know why the King started him but he also rested Aurelio and Maxi. Don't think Kenny's tactics let him down but the players certainly did.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1175: Jan 13, 2011 08:13:51 pm
      Poulsen disappeared of the face off the earth in the second half.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #1176: Jan 13, 2011 08:49:09 pm

You have to admit though he played better and was more effective then Raul
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1177: Jan 13, 2011 09:23:29 pm

He did play better than usual. But along with everyone else in midfield, he didn't have an influence on the game. Like so many other times this season.

It is not good enough for me. Liverpool FC should have a midfield that can get a grip on a game. Last night, we didn't have an influence on the game at all in the middle. Criminal.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #1178: Jan 13, 2011 09:26:58 pm
      I wished he would disappear of the face of the earth.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1179: Jan 13, 2011 09:40:38 pm
      No they were equally poor, why do you defend him? Do you actually think he's done a good job?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1180: Jan 13, 2011 10:46:44 pm
      Two of our best player's this season, one of them Brazil's starting central Midfielder.

With all due respect sir, that is laughable. Maxi and Lucas are not good enough. The way i look at it is like this, out of Maxi and Lucas, would either of them get into a 'Big Four' squad?. Please be truthful in your answer.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1181: Jan 13, 2011 11:07:44 pm
      With all due respect sir, that is laughable. Maxi and Lucas are not good enough. The way i look at it is like this, out of Maxi and Lucas, would either of them get into a 'Big Four' squad?. Please be truthful in your answer.

On current form, and be honest, would ANY of our players?  Maybe Reina, but not one outfield player at present.  Might get a few on name & reputation, but the way they are playing at present, I doubt a single one would. 
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1182: Jan 14, 2011 12:00:58 am

I know what you mean, I've a mate here who has been on Torres's back all season and was jumping for joy when he scored last night. Naturally you would celebrate but it's the manner in which he done it.

I would partly agree on the knee-jerk reactions, alot has been said directly after a game, anger can cloud judgement. Even I have said some stuff that right now I would not agree with because I'm calmer now or may have seen the highlights again. If your opinion changes of a player drastically, it will change over time rather than after a handful of games.

The Kenny factor wasn't going to win us this game

It will not. I think his main job here for the rest of the season is to get the team gelling again, make them a unit, a proper team. The team is better than it is performing as. There is a big confidence problem in the team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1183: Jan 14, 2011 01:46:38 am
      Even if Poulsen did 'play better than usual', he's still sh*te.

As a defensive midfielder, he never made a sliding tackle all game (as far as I can remember) and for the Blackpool equaliser, he didn't make a real attempt to close down the player who passed it to Taylor-Fletcher. And worse of all, after the ball left the passer's feet, he just walked, yes, WALKED, back.

Quick Reply