Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions for the Merseyside Derby?

The Winner Takes it All (Abba)
      (87.6%)
      Draw the Line (Aerosmith)
      (7.9%)
      Lose Yourself (Eminem)
      (4.5%)

The 215th Merseyside Derby Sunday 16/01/11 k.o. 2.05p.m.

Read 20453 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The 215th Merseyside Derby Sunday 16/01/11 k.o. 2.05p.m.
      Jan 12, 2011 10:23:38 pm
      Kenny's first game at Anfield happens to be Everton, couldn't write it better myself

No hiding place for those who have under performed this season, including again tonight. We need a result here.

Trouble with it being a derby is you need players who have experienced the feel of a derby on the pitch but do our players in the main deserve that opportunity? Players, judging by reports on the match thread, let Kenny, us and the club down again tonight with the lack of effort/composure/desire shown. But can we in such a huge game expect to throw for example, Wilson, Pacheco, Shelvey or Ince in there?

I expect Anfield to be extra rocking for Kenny's return but the players need to respond. Looking forward to seeing peoples choice of team to start

Y.N.W.A
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011 03:05:42 pm by Brian78 »
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Re: The 215th Merseyside derby
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2011 10:32:17 pm
      A bit optimistic, but let's get f*cked into this blue f*cking sh*t. Their p*sh. As f*cking bad as we are. The difference in the last derby was that those blue f*cking c*mstains were up for it more and we poo'd all over our f*cking shorts.

For f*ck sake lads, do Kenny a favour and f*cking pound this shower of sh*t. Whether it be by a result or physically, get f*cked right in. Those blue pikey w*nkers never deserve to win at Anfield. F*cking never. Piece of f*cking sh*t team. Their the f*cking junior team of Merseyside, so put them in their b*starding place. Have Phil Thomson have a quick f*cking word with that shower of c*nts representing Liverpool "Football" Club, and see who's not in f*cking tears after the talk.

Ahhhh just f*ck them! F*cking leather them! Man United is bad enough, but not these f*ckers!!
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Re: The 215th Merseyside derby Sunday 16/01/11 k.o. 2p.m.
      Reply #2: Jan 12, 2011 10:39:11 pm
      A bit optimistic, but let's get f*cked into this blue f*cking sh*t. Their p*sh. As f*cking bad as we are. The difference in the last derby was that those blue f*cking c*mstains were up for it more and we poo'd all over our f*cking shorts.

For f*ck sake lads, do Kenny a favour and f*cking pound this shower of sh*t. Whether it be by a result or physically, get f*cked right in. Those blue pikey w*nkers never deserve to win at Anfield. F*cking never. Piece of f*cking sh*t team. Their the f*cking junior team of Merseyside, so put them in their b*starding place. Have Phil Thomson have a quick f*cking word with that shower of c*nts representing Liverpool "Football" Club, and see who's not in f*cking tears after the talk.

Ahhhh just f*ck them! F*cking leather them! Man United is bad enough, but not these f*ckers!!
      Are you Tony Montana ? On topic : I have good faith that we will get back on the winning track against Everton, so I'm exited how many changes Kenny will make..
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Re: The 215th Merseyside Derby Sunday 16/01/11 k.o. 2p.m.
      Reply #3: Jan 12, 2011 10:41:49 pm
      Are you Tony Montana ? On topic : I have good faith that we will get back on the winning track against Everton, so I'm exited how many changes Kenny will make..

1. Don't know who that is
      2. I don't give a sh*t. We're 4 points off relegation. That's scary. Very scary.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Jan 12, 2011 10:43:22 pm
      Mr Henry will be attending this apparently.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 12, 2011 10:51:36 pm

Don't get to excited will ya  :f_steam:

We'll win this....where's the Liverpool spirit when you need it, the team need us to get behind them as does Kenny, so stop being so friggin negative will ya  :mad:

Remember we're at home and form goes out the window on 'Derby' day, so let's put tonight's result behind us and be POSITIVE !!!!!
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #6: Jan 12, 2011 10:51:37 pm

Your language is simply ridiculous.

On Topic - We'll struggle with this, Kenny isn't a miracle worker, he'll do a better job than Hodgson but put quite simply and as I've said on here for months we do not have the players. Jovanovic, Poulsen, Lucas, Konchesky and Cole aren't good enough. Don't think Meireles has made a tackle since he signed for us. Other players like Kuyt and Skrtel try really hard but ultimately effort isn't enough. Reina, Agger, Gerrard and Torres are of the class we need. The likes of Babel,  Ngog, Aurelio will provide depth for a squad but as far as starters? No way. Kelly, Shelvey, Pacheco and Spearing might have futures if they're talent is nurtured but that's down the line...

Result: A lucky 1-1
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #7: Jan 12, 2011 10:58:29 pm
      1. Don't know who that is
      2. I don't give a sh*t. We're 4 points off relegation. That's scary. Very scary.
      The Tony Montana stuff was a joke, he's a character from a movie called 'Scarface' where he said F**k about 220 times during 1 hr and a half. Yep you're right, we are 4 pts off relegation as we speak which is as you say, very scary. However my point is that i believe that Kenny is aware that it actually MIGHT happen, but the majority of the players on the other hand...A lot of work must be done and every one and each  player has to look in the mirror and ask them selves if they deserve to play for Liverpool, so there is no doubt that changes in the lineup must be made on Sunday, and i think that will happen.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #8: Jan 12, 2011 11:13:12 pm
      Don't get to excited will ya  :f_steam:

We'll win this....where's the Liverpool spirit when you need it, the team need us to get behind them as does Kenny, so stop being so friggin negative will ya  :mad:

Remember we're at home and form goes out the window on 'Derby' day, so let's put tonight's result behind us and be POSITIVE !!!!!

;D ok. Positive. Right, whats that? Hope Joe Cole , Maxi, Shelvy, and Wilson get a game.

My team. 

Renia
      Kelly   Wilson   Agger   Auerlio
                     Lucas
      Johnson Cole Pacheco/Shelvy Maxi
                     Torres

Don't think Skrtel, Kuyt, Meireles and Poulson deserve to start.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Jan 12, 2011 11:14:52 pm
      WE NEED TO WIN!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Jan 12, 2011 11:15:29 pm
      ;D ok. Positive. Right, whats that?

Get a grip will ya mate  :roll:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Jan 12, 2011 11:15:35 pm
      big big game for us. we seriously need a win and anything but means we are in a relegation battle. seriously. look at our form.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Jan 12, 2011 11:17:18 pm
      ;D ok. Positive. Right, whats that? Hope Joe Cole , Maxi, Shelvy, and Wilson get a game.

My team. 

Renia
      Kelly   Wilson   Agger   Auerlio
                     Lucas
      Johnson Cole Pacheco/Shelvy Maxi
                     Torres

Don't think Skrtel, Kuyt, Meireles and Poulson deserve to start.

To be fair, your negativity is doing my nut in. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Lighten up a bit. We've all had to live with whats going on this season. It's a derby on Sunday. Dalglish's first home game since he returned. Form goes well and truly out of the window.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jan 12, 2011 11:18:29 pm
      We need to F***ing smash these. Seriously.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #14: Jan 12, 2011 11:21:50 pm
      Must win this.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Jan 12, 2011 11:37:52 pm
      To be fair, your negativity is doing my nut in. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Lighten up a bit. We've all had to live with whats going on this season. It's a derby on Sunday. Dalglish's first home game since he returned. Form goes well and truly out of the window.

Yeah sry guys. Just was expecting much better but that's football. The crowd will be awesome though. Little annoyed I gave away my ticket for that match :(. 3 0 Liverpol, Torres brace and Howard own goal.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 12, 2011 11:46:17 pm
      Going to this one, buzzing, I'm not going to let recent results put me down, gonna support the lads 100%.

We need to play with a fast tempo, zipping the ball from left and right. We need to pressurized high up the pitch, and our defense needs to sort itself out.

MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Jan 12, 2011 11:54:26 pm
      Going to this one, buzzing, I'm not going to let recent results put me down, gonna support the lads 100%.

We need to play with a fast tempo, zipping the ball from left and right. We need to pressurized high up the pitch, and our defense needs to sort itself out.

Nice one Arnie...that's the spirit we need mate, not like some of these doom and gloom merchants.

Hope you have a great day and we smash the bitters from here to eternity !!!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #18: Jan 12, 2011 11:59:17 pm
      Envy those who have got tickets for this.

Should be the best Anfield atmosphere we've had in a couple of years.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Jan 13, 2011 12:08:41 am
      It's about time Kuyt put another past these. I predict a Liverpool win, but then I always do :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #20: Jan 13, 2011 12:27:57 am
                          REINA

KELLY     SKRTEL     AGGER   AURELIO

G.JOHNSON  LUCAS   MEREILES  MAXI

KUYT

TORRES
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #21: Jan 13, 2011 12:36:00 am
      Not sure, after the last two games, that Meireles or Kuyt deserve a start to be honest.

Apart from that, fair enough.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #22: Jan 13, 2011 12:42:38 am
      Not sure, after the last two games, that Meireles or Kuyt deserve a start to be honest.

Apart from that, fair enough.

We dont have much else. Kuyt usually plays well on derby day though

Quick Reply