Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ryan Babel (LFC -> Hoffenheim. Now Fulham)

Read 224937 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Ryan Babel
      Reply #92: Jan 17, 2008 10:50:14 am
      I think he's one of those players who scores a goal, then immediatley focuses on getting the next one. He takes his game one goal at a time...

Example:

Thierry Henry................... ........................ .who just happens to be his idol by the way.
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #93: Jan 17, 2008 11:03:43 am
      Babel will be one of rafas best signings ever. oozes class.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #94: Jan 18, 2008 03:58:06 pm
      Feck me that is Will Smith!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #95: Jan 18, 2008 04:13:12 pm
      I think he's one of those players who scores a goal, then immediatley focuses on getting the next one. He takes his game one goal at a time...

Example:

Thierry Henry................... ........................ .who just happens to be his idol by the way.

Now that's an interesting fact eh!

I remember when Henry started playing in the Premier League and he wasn't that good was he?  I think Babel's come in to this League and started performing straight away.

Let's hope he does blossom in to another Thierry Henry.  He's only 20.  Let's see how good he is when he's 26 - 28 when he should peak.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #96: Jan 18, 2008 05:26:39 pm
      Now that's an interesting fact eh!

I remember when Henry started playing in the Premier League and he wasn't that good was he?  I think Babel's come in to this League and started performing straight away.

Let's hope he does blossom in to another Thierry Henry.  He's only 20.  Let's see how good he is when he's 26 - 28 when he should peak.

He's 21 but yeah i couldn't agree more. Same goes for Lucas in my opinion amazing how talented they both are at 21 and 20.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #97: Jan 23, 2008 08:02:08 pm
      Got this from a different forum ...

Let's get this straight, anyone who criticises Babel hasn't got a clue. I recently saw somebody mention they hope he starts to perform. How can he when he hardly plays. From what I can see, every time he has come on he has done more in 10 minutes than Kewell does in 90+. I hate to say this but if Babel had gone to Arsenal by now he would be THE next big thing on the scene and one of their brightest young stars. As it happens Rafa persists on playing has beens and never will be's. He is more effective on either flank than Kewell or Benayoun and also would be far more effective than Kuyt or Voronin up front. Babel is going to be great in my opinion and he has not been given any chance at Liverpool yet so let's start being realistic about things. Rafa needs to grow some.

-------------------------

Was Ferguson afraid of blowing Rooney or Ronaldo out?

Was Wenger afraid of blowing Fabregas out?

Look where they are now!

We need to start playing the young lad.

--------------------------

I think Babel looks like a great prospect. I think Rafa should play Babel more often.
      ---------------------------

With crap that's going on at Anfield I think its the smarter move not to put Babel upfront right now as the pressure would be immense. If he went 4 or 5 games without scoring his confidence would naturally drop not to mention the fans would start getting on his case. Babel isn't a naturally confident person like Rooney or Ronaldo and has yet to come out of his shell, too much pressure too quickly could be detrimental to his development (Walcott).

Read his latest interview on official site.

----------------------------

The thing about Babel does more in 15 minutes than Kewell in 90 is funnily quite true.

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #98: Jan 23, 2008 09:50:25 pm
      Good points have been made in that post though Ra Ra Rafa, maybe it is time to turn up the heat and give him what he has deserves sooner rather than later.  Don't mean to sound out of place but what we got to lose on him?  I know we got a whole lot to gain though!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #99: Jan 28, 2008 07:45:36 pm
      Still think Ryan Babel is showing a bit of immaturity in his play, eg.. not always getting involved and looking low on confidence! I hope this problem will change, yet again he's only 21 and this is his first season. I think Lucas Leiva is the young player for us who's shown by far the most confidence, he gets stuck in a lot despite his lack of games.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #100: Jan 28, 2008 07:59:40 pm
      I reckon we will see a better player next season when he has fully settled into english football, like a lot of people have been saying just a lack a confidence. he will soon sort that out come the start of the new season
      MsGerrard
      Reply #101: Jan 28, 2008 10:20:05 pm
      It must be very difficult to come to a big club like Liverpool.....especially when you are so young and with big expectations heaped on your young shoulders, I actually think he's done fairly well and he's only going to continue to improve.
      It has been a traumatic time at Liverpool this season for even the most experienced of players, so someone like Babel in a foreign country, it must be doubly (is that a real word?) difficult.
      Keep up the good work Ryan. ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #102: Jan 28, 2008 10:40:45 pm
      It must be very difficult to come to a big club like Liverpool.....especially when you are so young and with big expectations heaped on your young shoulders, I actually think he's done fairly well and he's only going to continue to improve.
      It has been a traumatic time at Liverpool this season for even the most experienced of players, so someone like Babel in a foreign country, it must be doubly (is that a real word?) difficult.
      Keep up the good work Ryan. ;D

I agree with you to an extent. A lot of foreign players come into the league looking to prove something, looking confident and hungry. Now I'm not saying Babel hasn't met any of these points, but don't really think he's as mentally strong as a lot of foreign youngsters these days, eg Lucas, Anderson, Torres etc

But then look at the Arsenal players last year, mentally they looked weak but this season they look very strong mentally. So I'm expecting with age to come by, Babel will get mentally stronger and thats when he'll show the fans what he's capable of doing! He's deffo got my support :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #103: Jan 28, 2008 10:57:12 pm
      I agree with you to an extent. A lot of foreign players come into the league looking to prove something, looking confident and hungry. Now I'm not saying Babel hasn't met any of these points, but don't really think he's as mentally strong as a lot of foreign youngsters these days, eg Lucas, Anderson, Torres etc

But then look at the Arsenal players last year, mentally they looked weak but this season they look very strong mentally. So I'm expecting with age to come by, Babel will get mentally stronger and thats when he'll show the fans what he's capable of doing! He's deffo got my support :)

Agreed Ra Ra......Torres is already the complete package or near enough anyway, how bloody marvelous has he done in his first season ;D
      I think the likes of Lucas and Babel, obviously, not getting as many games as Torres will take a bit longer to come good, maybe another season or two before they shine and are playing much more regular first team footy......but I think it will be worth the wait :)

Lucas's goal won't have done him any harm either, will it, what an absolute cracker that was :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Jan 28, 2008 11:01:12 pm
      Even though he's supposed to have said he's happy playing where he does, because it will be a learning curve and make him a better player. I reckon he's struggling with it. You can tell from his body language on the pitch and the way he'll always want to cut inside when running with the ball. However, I do feel in the long run that this will make him a better player in a role he likes to play, because he'll be hungry for it when he gets the chance.

Given time, I've got a feeling he'll be world class.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #105: Jan 29, 2008 12:31:43 am
      The secret to Arsenal's success is their team bonding and each of their top players taking on some leadership from when Thierry left. Adebayor said in FourFourTwo this month that they had a camp in Austria and Arsene adressed the issue of leadership and Thierry, they bonded and we are seeing the effects. They usually go out for lunch together and hang out off the pitch. Expect them to be a force (more so) in the future. Should take a leave out of their book, team bonding and all.

On topic though, he will get better, getting a feel for the game on the wing is a very smart move by Rafa.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #106: Jan 29, 2008 01:28:00 am
      Yes team bonding is everything! Knowing a player as a friend is a big bonus to the game, you can have their trust!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #107: Jan 29, 2008 11:16:34 am
      Its the reason they play with such togetherness. When one player recieves the ball he already knows where the next player is and exactly where he needs to put it, that exactly where their 'beautiful football' stems from.

With Babel i think he needs time, He is happy playing on the wing and he isn't ready to be deployed upfront yet, before i was eager for him to be put upfront with torres but after reading his interviews he seems to think he doesn't have the ability to cope physically with a full 90 minutes with the pace of the prem yet and i think rafa is being very smart.

He knows this and he's helping him to settle in just the right way and using him sparingly because soon we will reap the benefits. Babel is one player who the rotation policy certainly benefits, right now he is struggling slighty due to the change in the premierships pace compared to that of the dutch league but as the season reaches its latter stages he will be more fit and ready for matches.

Next season we will see him really begin to develop alot and come out of his shell alot more.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #108: Jan 29, 2008 11:22:19 am
      Need to make him do a nude run to make him feel more confident, unless he has a slight problem downstairs, then it could be detrimental.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #109: Jan 29, 2008 11:29:34 am
      Need to make him do a nude run to make him feel more confident, unless he has a slight problem downstairs, then it could be detrimental.

Pardon..... :o
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #110: Jan 29, 2008 11:35:44 am

:lmao:

Are you feeling OK crouchinho?  :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #111: Jan 29, 2008 11:40:30 am
      Come to think it, I am abit tired Court  :lmao:

PS: Sorry for the profanities. In no way am i associated with the club nor a PR to Ryan himself.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2008 11:43:10 am by crouchinho »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #112: Jan 29, 2008 11:41:50 am
      :D :D :D

I think you need some kip lad!  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #113: Jan 29, 2008 11:44:10 am
      Will do Court. Night all.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #114: Jan 29, 2008 11:49:07 am

Morning :D

Any way let's get back to the Babel discussion.

:ontopic:

Quick Reply