Official Forum Banner Idea Thread

Read 9902 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: Official Forum Banner Idea Thread
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2011 04:32:48 pm
      How about full names so ?? In small print of course :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2011 04:35:33 pm
      Even just the forum name in an offset red with a picture of kenny and the words Unity and Dignity underneath.
      We can all note it on the forum when we contribute
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2011 04:44:05 pm
      Not too keen on forum usernames going on a LFC banner to be honest.  Seems a bit, erm gay?  Unless of course it's in a shade of red small in the corner.

I'll have a think over the weekend and see if my brain engages.

To be fair, if LFCREDS is on there then it represents every member on here.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2011 04:51:12 pm
      To be fair, if LFCREDS is on there then it represents every member on here.

Exactamundo, was gonna say the same thing.

Love the idea though, good one MiciG! More than happy to donate to it :) I just woke up 10 minutes ago though so no ideas from me yet :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2011 04:51:43 pm
      A huge red banner with LFCReds on it!

Simple but effective. I just want to see that in the Kop :)
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2011 04:57:50 pm
      Big Red banner with LFC Reds in white writing and a liverbird to the right. Then 5 stars underneath the "LFC Reds" part. Would look boss imo.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2011 05:02:45 pm
      I'd say it'd have more chance of getting on the telly if we avoid 'qaeda' or terrorist' as buzz words. Just a though like.

The one that was at old toilet last sunday was good enough to get on 'scousers rule and don't forget it' so something like that.

i'e, a looooong banner with a witty slogan with 'all @ LFCREDS.COM' at the end.

Cheap, cheerful & effective.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2011 05:02:53 pm
      Good idea. Enough to have LFCREDS on. It would look extremely odd having our names on, especially as some of them are f**king ridiculous. Just look at mine! :lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2011 05:11:47 pm
      Is it supposed to be a banner representing LFCreds or a banner with Kenny's name or something?

Would be nice just to have 'LFCreds' written on it, with the Liverpool crest. Also can throw in 5 stars forming an arc over the crest.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2011 05:16:58 pm

Seven - Chinese Meaning of Numbers
      Seven is the number of a perfectly completed cycle

Any opinions?
      That's about as good as I can do.
      Feel free to have a go yourself
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2011 05:25:39 pm by racerx34 »
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2011 05:26:33 pm

MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2011 05:27:59 pm
      That's boss Racer  :gt-happyup: I'm loving that  ;D
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2011 05:56:10 pm
      Nice one Racer and Jonty :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2011 06:01:16 pm
      Is it supposed to be a banner representing LFCreds or a banner with Kenny's name or something?

Would be nice just to have 'LFCreds' written on it, with the Liverpool crest. Also can throw in 5 stars forming an arc over the crest.

Or instead of the crest, just the Liverbid in black plus the five gold stars. With 'LFCreds' in black. Can also throw in Jonty's Unity and Dignity on both sides, under the LFCreds word with the crest/bird in between the two words.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2011 06:05:06 pm
       I think having a banner and showing it at games is a big mistake
       One of the reasons I like this forum so much is because it is open to all, you can support any team  and still join LFCreds, if we have a banner I believe it would make people who support other teams less likely to joining the site, we could lose not having people who support other teams bringing different views from Liverpool supporters.
       If we do have a banner IMO the next logical step would be to start sell advertising space on the site.
       I value and respect the work the staff do and believe we need to make sure they stay independent but also need to show a certain amount off independence to anyone looking in who are not Liverpool FC supporters.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2011 06:14:01 pm
       One of the reasons I like this forum so much is because it is open to all, you can support any team  and still join LFCreds, if we have a banner I believe it would make people who support other teams less likely to joining the site, we could lose not having people who support other teams bringing different views from Liverpool supporters.
       If we do have a banner IMO the next logical step would be to start sell advertising space on the site.
       I value and respect the work the staff do and believe we need to make sure they stay independent but also need to show a certain amount off independence to anyone looking in who are not Liverpool FC supporters.

Have you not noticed this is a Liverpool Forum ??? The banner has nothing to do with money we would donate all the money ourselves ?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2011 06:20:38 pm

It wouldn't technically be advertising the site. It will have LFCREDS on it, not www.lfcreds.com.

I personally don't think it would scare off potential members that are supporters of other clubs.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2011 06:24:39 pm
      Have you not noticed this is a Liverpool Forum ??? The banner has nothing to do with money we would donate all the money ourselves ?
      If people wish to have a banner they can do it separately from the site but I do not think it should be officially from the site,
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2011 06:30:16 pm
      If people wish to have a banner they can do it separately from the site but I do not think it should be officially from the site,
      So you think we might offend the non Liverpool fans ?

Just out of curiosity who do you support ?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2011 06:31:18 pm
      Quote from paulrobbo link=topic=3r5788.msg889473#msg889473 date=1295029238
      It wouldn't technically be advertising the site. It will have LFCREDS on it, not www.lfcreds.com.

I personally don't think it would scare off potential members that are supporters of other clubs.
      You are right, it should not scare off potential members but I like the fact that the site is independent and everyone must work hard to keep it independent
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jan 14, 2011 06:36:46 pm
      Picture of Shanks.

Shanks quotes.

Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don’t need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool’s players keeps them motivated

For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.

Serve as a reminder to the 11 on the pitch just who they are playing for.

then obviouysly fit your lfc reds in.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Jan 14, 2011 06:38:09 pm
      So you think we might offend the non Liverpool fans ?

Just out of curiosity who do you support ?
      I never said it would offend anyone but the site states that it welcomes anyone and having an official banner at games might annoy people who do not support Liverpool
       I support Liverpool   
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #45: Jan 14, 2011 06:40:24 pm

How about LFCREDS
                                 Supports
                     LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
      THAT would be there for the whole world to see and the message would not diminish with age.

Quick Reply