Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenny praises Rafa for his revamp of the youth set-up

Read 11031 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Kenny praises Rafa for his revamp of the youth set-up
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2011 08:00:51 pm
      Fair play to Kenny for highlighting what most of us already knew.

And fair play to the new academy team who seem to be really progressing some of our young exciting prospects for our future.  Shame that Dalla Valle had to make way for that goon - let's hope that policy is now behind us.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #47: Jan 21, 2011 08:06:44 pm
      And he never fell asleep on a bus ;)                                           :f_whistle:

I want to laugh but I don't wanna be mean...:)

If anybody from the current crop can mak it through to the first team and become a fixture in the first team, it would be a success I reckon. Then again if they do, it will never be through Rafa's wo according to the media...
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #48: Jan 21, 2011 08:07:28 pm
      How many newspaper's printed this story today and gave Rafa credit ??
      Had he dropped Hodgson's name it would be back page news...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Jan 21, 2011 08:11:30 pm
      Lads, there are a lot of things BigMick has posted in the past that I've disagreed with but no matter how many times I read over this thread, I don't see what he's said that deserves so much abuse!

This.

And also what the King said.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #50: Jan 21, 2011 10:09:49 pm
      A master stroke from Rafa bring changes to our youth system acknowledged by Kenny ! nice one Kenny ! doubt if most of the media would print and give any praise though
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2011 10:39:34 pm
      Nice one Kenny. On this thread I don't know what all the fuss is about BigMick's comments. Well over the top!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #52: Jan 21, 2011 10:53:34 pm
      Where is Heighways mate?

Must be a right kick in the balls to have it confirmed by a true legend, what some of us have been telling him for ages.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jan 21, 2011 11:13:15 pm
      Hasn't being in here Kenny surprise surprise,will wait till this thread is gone way down before he is talking sh*te again about it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2011 11:16:58 pm
      Good man KIK. That was the subject I was alluding to you sledgehammer. You hardly expect him to come in and say that as Kenny has seen the academy in it's guises over 30 years he must be right
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2011 11:27:42 pm
      The only thing I think is wrong with our youth set-up is something Stevie G pointed out recently.

The Youths should be training at Melwood.

We are one club.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Jan 21, 2011 11:28:05 pm
      Shame that Rafa won't be here to continue the youth system legacy. I am glad, however, that we have a gaffer who appreciates the value of the youth system.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2011 11:37:06 pm
      Funny that this never got mentioned in any national media outlets.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #58: Jan 21, 2011 11:40:31 pm
      Funny that this never got mentioned in any national media outlets.

No - remember that Rafa set us back 10 years, destroyed the heart and soul of the club, is responsible for global warming and alqaeda, and has recently been seen bodyguarding for a shadow chancellor.

And spent so much money that he is also responsible for the banking crisis and the recession.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Jan 21, 2011 11:41:39 pm
      A shocking exposure of the media biase. . . Oh and PG I made a similar point about that before. Moving to Kirby segmented the youth system. We have the right people now, but I would love to see part of stadium works involve moving everything within the one system and district
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #60: Jan 22, 2011 12:00:21 am
      We'll have to wait and see if any of the youngsters get games before we start going overboard on saying what a great academy we have. We had a great academy in the past when youngsters where given more of a chance before getting told to F**k off after a handful of games - if they even got that.

With any luck, seeing Kenny give Kelly a few run outs on the spin will inspire the new set of youngsters that there are going to be more chances. Or we could change manager in the summer and get somebody who doesn't really bring through youngsters i.e. Mourinho (not that I expect or would want him as our manager, but he doesn't bring kids through is the point)

Yeah it's great for Kenny to lay praise on Rafa. Very much a Liverpool thing to do though, we've always praised where praise is due. I've also heard Kenny praise Roy Hodgson as a man, where's that thread? Kenny will praise where he thinks praise is due. Now though, it's up to Kenny and his staff to make sure this is a success by bringing the kids through, nurturing them properly and turning them into the players we need.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #61: Jan 22, 2011 01:54:01 am
      We'll have to wait and see if any of the youngsters get games before we start going overboard on saying what a great academy we have. We had a great academy in the past when youngsters where given more of a chance before getting told to f**k off after a handful of games - if they even got that.

With any luck, seeing Kenny give Kelly a few run outs on the spin will inspire the new set of youngsters that there are going to be more chances. Or we could change manager in the summer and get somebody who doesn't really bring through youngsters I.e. Mourinho (not that I expect or would want him as our manager, but he doesn't bring kids through is the point)

Yeah it's great for Kenny to lay praise on Rafa. Very much a Liverpool thing to do though, we've always praised where praise is due. I've also heard Kenny praise Roy Hodgson as a man, where's that thread? Kenny will praise where he thinks praise is due. Now though, it's up to Kenny and his staff to make sure this is a success by bringing the kids through, nurturing them properly and turning them into the players we need.

Good post that Billy lad.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #62: Jan 22, 2011 09:14:07 am
      Rafa did a lot more to the youth set up then just buying youth players and selling them. Some people are obviously missing that point
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #63: Jan 22, 2011 09:23:28 am
      Kenny's comment on Roy said more about the class of the former and not the latter. Where's the thread on that? You're having a laugh. There was a mention alright. It was just in the thread about how classy Kenny is. Roy had enough threads when he was here without starting one based on Kenny and Comolli being polite. In the case of this thread Rafa is being given credit for turning around a vital part of the clubs infrastructre. Yes it is early days, but with Kenny ready to put faith in youth we should all see Rafa's changes reap rewards for the club. As for Roy- he would have only focused on his survival in our short term.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #64: Jan 22, 2011 09:45:10 am
      I've also heard Kenny praise Roy Hodgson as a man, where's that thread? Kenny will praise where he thinks praise is due. Now though, it's up to Kenny and his staff to make sure this is a success by bringing the kids through, nurturing them properly and turning them into the players we need.

Kenny or anyone who really love this club if praise Roy Hodgson imo it's for Roy's personality as Roy himself made people know he is a gentleman. But I think it's hard to believe anyone to praise Roy for his quality or abilities as football club manager, of course anybody can speak but you believe them ?

It's sad that Roy's good guy characteristic cannot help Liverpool FC but Alex Fuckerson really happy of course, and I can wait to read any thread here if someone love to post about what Roy Hodgeson did for Liverpool FC and we as supporters should say thank you to him.   
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #65: Jan 22, 2011 10:42:55 am
      Interview with Rafa on 5 Live today some time between noon and kick-off. I heard a snippet at breakfast and Rafa was doling some praise back at KK. Lovebirds... <sigh>.
      prettyrabbit
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #66: Jan 22, 2011 10:51:08 am
      hey guys, have you seen this pic? Rafa in Liverpool now.
      http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6f816d3dtw6ddle95cuxuj.jpg
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #67: Jan 22, 2011 10:55:40 am

It's great isn't it. Was on The Liverpool Echo's Facebook page
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #68: Jan 22, 2011 11:21:13 am
      We'll have to wait and see if any of the youngsters get games before we start going overboard on saying what a great academy we have. ...

. ...Now though, it's up to Kenny and his staff to make sure this is a success by bringing the kids through, nurturing them properly and turning them into the players we need.

But you gotta have faith, cause it's the only youth set up we have.  :depressed:

Quick Reply