Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenny praises Rafa for his revamp of the youth set-up

Read 11038 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: Kenny praises Rafa for his revamp of the youth set-up
      Reply #23: Jan 21, 2011 12:28:06 pm
      Spot on Kenny.

Now where's the people who slagged Rafa off *cough* carra *cough cough*
      LFCexiled
      Reply #24: Jan 21, 2011 01:26:42 pm
      I can't remember what thread it was but only recently Rafa was getting slagged off for 'destroying the Academy'. Time to stand up and be counted, swallow your pride and admit you were wrong that man.

I'd like a few more sky burying comments from Kenny just to highlight to the haters that he wasn't anywhere near as bad as his character assassination tried to make him look.

IRIST.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Jan 21, 2011 01:34:00 pm
      I know who you're referring to. I had the debate with him over it. Doubt he'll be in here raising his hand and claiming Kenny is right and as such so was Rafa
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2011 01:43:30 pm
      The bigger picture is becoming clear,all the doom that hodgson was spouting was to discredit our man rafa,for all of hodgsons failings rafa was made a scapegoat by roys media buddies and now thank god that kenny has come out and made a clear refrence to the work rafa did to rebuild our red denisty from within.

I would like to make a point here and that is if nesv for some reason decided not to appoint kenny for the long term and re appoint rafa then the man that kenny is would relinquish control and hand over the reigns to rafa to finish what he created and also kenny would be the first to offer his backing in any capacity to rafa.Fact.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2011 03:44:18 pm
      Not sure I get what you mean mate to be honest.
      He means you have no class and cant mention anything Rafa did as positive even when Kenny goes out of his way to commend his work.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2011 03:58:55 pm
      He means you have no class and cant mention anything Rafa did as positive even when Kenny goes out of his way to commend his work.

No class? And you'd know that from reading what I think on an internet forum right?

I've said about three or four times now on this thread that if it's down to Rafa then fair play to him, and hopefully Kenny is right and we do start to produce more youngsters. What else do you want me to say? You want me to change "fair play to Rafa" to "thank God for Rafa, he saved us from oblivion by his forsight" or something?

Some of you lads make me laugh you really do. Someone says decent things about Rafa and pays tribute to his contribution, I agree with him, but because I haven't bought into the cult you can't cope with it. Class? don't make me laugh.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2011 04:01:37 pm
      If its down to Rafa again meally mouthed praise.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2011 04:07:28 pm
      Must be hard for you bigmick hearing rafa getting some praise from someone as respected as kenny.

We should be hounured that we had someone as good as rafa who had the balls to revamp the acadmey and set the ball rolling for youngsters that will embrace the red jersey pretty soon.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2011 04:09:51 pm
      Hopefully we will soon see the benefits, because we need them.

It was probably Purslow anyway  :)

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2011 04:12:52 pm
      If its down to Rafa again meally mouthed praise.

"Meally mouthed" :D. The academy has been a disaster ever since Houllier started f****** around with it, we must have the worst record at producing players of any of the top teams. It was desperately in need of something, anything doing with it. If Rafa's sorted it then fair play to him, well done to him, thanks a lot mate, good on yer that man, top man for it, f******* fantastic effort Rafa, absolutely superb mate etc etc etc etc.

What the f*** do you want me to say? You tell me and I'll type it in, PM me if you like then it won't look that obvious, everyone will think it's my own work.   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2011 04:18:53 pm
      Must be hard for you bigmick hearing rafa getting some praise from someone as respected as kenny.

Why would it be hard mate, I don't get it? Rafa did some great stuff during his six years with us, why would it be hard to admit that? Kenny wouldn't have praised him up for revamping the academy unless the praise was due. If Kenny says Rafa bought the best goalkeeper we've ever had for six million quid that wouldn't be hard for me to take either. If he says Alonso was a bargain at 10 million quid, or Torres at 20 million quid was an inspired buy, I'd be fully in agreement with him.

Some of you lads are so utterly obsessed with this particular subject that you think everyone else thinks in the same way as you do. I don't, I absolutely hope the academy starts producing players left right and centre. f it does and you want to heap the praise on Rafa, I'll join in and won't begrudge him any of it.

Some of you are really puzling with your obsession.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2011 04:20:22 pm
      Maybe you are not aware of it but everytime you mention Rafa it is attached with a barbed comment. Whilst I see that type of post I dont care who its from I will bring the matter up. Rafa deserves our respect and our thanks for his time here not constant snipping by just a handful of people.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2011 04:25:39 pm
      Maybe you are not aware of it but everytime you mention Rafa it is attached with a barbed comment. Whilst I see that type of post I dont care who its from I will bring the matter up. Rafa deserves our respect and our thanks for his time here not constant snipping by just a handful of people.

Rafa deserves respect, he always got it from me and he always will. Any manager of Liverpool Football club deserves respect, they ALWAYS get it off me no matter who they are. You won't have seen me posting up silly pictures of even the previous manager, you won't have seen me telling him to f*** off or taking the p*** out of the way he spoke, not my style.

Where is the snipe though in saying that if Rafa has improved the academy, which Kenny obvously thinks he has, then fair play to him?

Rafa may deserve our respect, but I'm not quite so sure he deserves the hero worship and obsession which some of you show. Having a go at someone because they aren't quite as enthusiastic as you'd like when they are praising him up, or don't put exclamation marks at the end of their sentences really is taking it a bit far.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2011 04:26:34 pm
      Lads, there are a lot of things BigMick has posted in the past that I've disagreed with but no matter how many times I read over this thread, I don't see what he's said that deserves so much abuse!
      He's only said that the Academy was in such a sh*t state that it couldn't have gotten any worse so if Rafa has managed to bring it on, fair play. How the f**k has this turned into another slanging match?? Grow up ffs!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2011 05:14:48 pm
      Still think rafas a tw*t for getting rid of steve heighway.  ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2011 06:41:17 pm
      Lads, there are a lot of things BigMick has posted in the past that I've disagreed with but no matter how many times I read over this thread, I don't see what he's said that deserves so much abuse!
      He's only said that the Academy was in such a sh*t state that it couldn't have gotten any worse so if Rafa has managed to bring it on, fair play. How the f**k has this turned into another slanging match?? Grow up ffs!

I think the original problem arose in the wording of Micks original post:

Fair play to Kenny telling it like he sees it, you can't ask any more than that. It's hard to imagine any changes Rafa made to the youth team set up actually making it less productive than it had been, but nevertheless it's encouraging that kenny thinks there's been an improvement.

I think even Mick would agree that it reads a tad negative. Given the previous comments from/to Mick that have arisen in previous threads about Rafa then it's a bit understandable why the thread went down the route it has but I think it's a bit pointless to debate it any further as it's not as if Micks post attacked Rafa, it just didn't praise him, it's that old elusive middle-ground.

If we all agreed this forum would just be a sycophantic waste of time and we'd be leaving in droves.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2011 06:42:34 pm
      I was going to link to the original youth system bashers posts, but seeing how this thread escalated on the backhanded compliment from someone already I'm just going to leave it
      LFCexiled
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2011 06:50:00 pm
      I was going to link to the original youth system bashers posts, but seeing how this thread escalated on the backhanded compliment from someone already I'm just going to leave it

See! I told you you were better than that. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2011 07:00:10 pm
      See! I told you you were better than that. ;D
      Getting to old for this sh*t ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2011 07:07:23 pm
      I was going to link to the original youth system bashers posts, but seeing how this thread escalated on the backhanded compliment from someone already I'm just going to leave it.

I like what you've done there racer.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2011 07:08:47 pm

Just get yer pipe and slippers and rest them weary old bones.

All that thar racin done tuckered you out old man.  :f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2011 07:47:35 pm
      But Rafa was a mean old fat Spanish waiter who spent 1b on sh*t players. How could this be true?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2011 07:49:55 pm
      But Rafa was a mean old fat Spanish waiter who spent 1b on sh*t players. How could this be true?
      And he never fell asleep on a bus ;)                                           :f_whistle:

Quick Reply