Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (3.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (17.8%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.5%)
      Raul Meireles
      (47.5%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.8%)
      Glen Johnson
      (11%)
      Martin Kelly
      (9.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.2%)

Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.

Read 43244 times
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.
      Reply #552: Jan 26, 2011 11:52:50 pm
      I guess KK gave Lucas the night off. We missed him.

The problem with today's game was purely that of underestimating the fight Fulham had in them. Poulsen was okay.

The cancellation ofbthebfirst goal didn't help too. Pepe really foiled Fulham's plans. Some very neat runs were called as offside too.

Did that linesman know much about the offside rule?

Lucas picked up a knock on his thigh towards the end of the Wolves game btw.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #553: Jan 26, 2011 11:53:02 pm
      Dirk for whatever reason has lost his touch. Apart from that a very hard fought win tonight for Kenny's first home win,as he predicted. Again very impressed with Kelly, and Raul seems to get better and better.
         Bloody hell I was cold tonight!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #554: Jan 26, 2011 11:54:21 pm
      Johnson.. Gerrard won't stay there. He'll keep coming inside and offering no width.

Too stubborn.

Not stubborn - lack of discipline.

Gerrard is an instinctive player, and as such, tends to follow the ball and wants to be in the action.

Didn't have a bad game tonight - not great by his standards, but not bad either.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #555: Jan 26, 2011 11:59:12 pm

Gerrard is an instinctive player, and as such, tends to follow the ball and wants to be in the action.

Didn't have a bad game tonight - not great by his standards, but not bad either.
      Thats just it. He wont play there.

Hes 30 now aswel. He does not want to get stuck out there. Hes not 25 anymore!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #556: Jan 27, 2011 12:00:46 am
      Thats just it. He wont play there.

Hes 30 now aswel. He does not want to get stuck out there. Hes not 25 anymore!

F**k what he wants - he does what's best for the team, or F**k off.

If giggs can play wide, so can Stevie.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #557: Jan 27, 2011 12:01:37 am

For me Gerrard lacks discipline when he plays in the middle seems to be out of position and rely on his athleticism to get him out of holes hes much better off torres for me with raul in the middle(younger,more energy,better discipline) and he can still get forward too
      PlymouthRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #558: Jan 27, 2011 12:13:15 am
      Really gritty win today but we will take it
      come on you reds
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #559: Jan 27, 2011 12:15:32 am
      Worst atmosphere of the season,didn't help being stuck in the Annie road end(never ever again)..

A win is a win as they say and there's not much more i want to say about it as it was a poor show,against the grain from what i've read on here but i thought Fulham bossed the second half and looked a half decent set up,that is they were well drilled and with a bit more bite up front would probably come away with a well deserved point....If this was under Roy he'd have been slated,i thought we looked off the pace all night and at times Fulham were in total control(take your blinkers off it was true) anyway i'd have taken a scrappy 1:0 win regardless as i know it can't be smooth every week...Any team that knocks it around with any purpose this season has us looking lost and slightly clueless....
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #560: Jan 27, 2011 12:23:28 am
      Agree with a lot that has been said. Not the prettiest of games but, the biggest difference I have found since Kenny took over is the fight in the team. I am actually finding myself sitting on the edge of my seat shouting at the telly again, as opposed to sitting there, feeling apathetic and watching the game through squinted eyes, as I could barely stand to watch us under the previous guy. The fire is starting to came back in the team.

Of course we need to add some more quality to the team but, I'm sure that will come. Definitely think Kuyt needs to be left out, for a bit at least. All respect to the lad, he has worked his balls off for us since his arrival but, I think he is getting worse by the game and is offering us very little. Not sure what's going on with Skrtel, seems to have lost his confidence, needs to get himself sorted ASAP or face some time out too.

Anyway, a win is a win and there are many positives to be had. It's great to see what Kenny has achieved with this team in the matter of a couple of weeks. Just think what he could do given 2 years to organise the team and bring in the players he wants. I really feel like the repair to our club has truly begun, it isn't going to happen overnight but, it has started. YNWA.

Oh, and there should have been a female lines-person there tonight also.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #561: Jan 27, 2011 12:24:51 am
      F**k what he wants - he does what's best for the team, or f**k off.

If giggs can play wide, so can Stevie.
      But giggs is a winger and he isent. Gerrard should be behind Torres
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #562: Jan 27, 2011 12:32:34 am
      well... here a few thoughts.

- Gerrard seemed unbelievably out of form and position
      - Kuyt and Maxi were missing tonight. None of them got anything going, only Kelly was able to benefit from the given width.
      - Poulsen was, once again, okay.
      - Lucas was missing all the way.
      - Reina is class.
      - Torres tried his best, unlucky after all.
      - Agger, Meireles, Kelly and Johnson keep getting better with each game. Promising!

We started well but we can't let a team like Fulham press like they did the last 15 Minutes at Anfield.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #563: Jan 27, 2011 12:46:09 am
      Why hasn't Pacheco got any minutes? I'm glad we're playing better football, and winning, I'm happy that Jonjo is getting minutes, but Pacheco could really thrive on the football we're playing at the moment.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #564: Jan 27, 2011 12:55:56 am
      Why hasn't Pacheco got any minutes? I'm glad we're playing better football, and winning, I'm happy that Jonjo is getting minutes, but Pacheco could really thrive on the football we're playing at the moment.

Thought that myself. Maybe Kenny wants to wait until we have more of a comfortable lead before giving the lad a run out, so there's not too much pressure on him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #565: Jan 27, 2011 01:18:41 am
      M4rco - you do realise Lucas was out injured right. . .
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #566: Jan 27, 2011 01:27:55 am
      M4rco - you do realise Lucas was out injured right. . .

:lmao:

Just finally watching a proper version of the game now (my stream earlier was sh*te) certainly still looking a lot better. Still kinks to iron out, and we have plenty of work to do to get ourselves back to a dominant 90 minute team - but we still look much keener to really take the game.

Torres should have a goal as well, crap decision. Meireles continues to impress as well, certainly looks a different player under Dalglish.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #567: Jan 27, 2011 01:37:41 am
      But giggs is a winger and he isent. Gerrard should be behind Torres

Doesn't matter - he's played there, and played there very well, especially cutting inside.

Meireles in the centre, with maxi on the other side sounds pretty good to me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #568: Jan 27, 2011 01:45:17 am
      Doesn't matter - he's played there, and played there very well, especially cutting inside.

Meireles in the centre, with maxi on the other side sounds pretty good to me.

I totally agree. Rafa pointed out a few seasons back that we were effectively a better side with Gerrard on the right and were as Rafa pointed out we scored more when he was deployed there. Also Raul has shown the last couple of games that potentially there is a deadly partnership between him and Torres. You don't want to disrupt that so I would ideally see Gerrard played on the right rather than in centre midfield.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #569: Jan 27, 2011 02:24:42 am
      Pantsil is a bit of a c**t isn't he.

Thanks for the goal though ;)

Love how immediately as Pantsil ran over to Gerrard there was Agger, Maxi and Johnson over there to help. Agger looked like he was yelling some choice words as well, good team spirit! :D
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #570: Jan 27, 2011 02:56:52 am
      Voted for Stevie G MOTM by accident, thought I'd picked Meireles, nice to see the captain back though. It definitely was a nervous game but we needed this even if it only papered over the cracks just to give us some confidence. Certainly hope we can produce a better performance than this when Stoke come here, going to be a real test to see if our encouraging pass and move style that's developing can break down a very difficult team!

Rather worried by our recurring lack of width today however, as it's been said Maxi and Dirk had poor games, really think we need to start thinking of alternative wingers if we're not going to buy any, the fact that we have slow, ageing and inconsistent wide players is a massive flaw in creating and scoring goals.

As Kenny said though we deserve some luck in grinding out the win, the positivity around the club is improving, seems like we actually have some purpose and belief again.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #571: Jan 27, 2011 03:07:41 am
      Only saw around 10 minutes of the game, how did we play? Lucky? Apparently Lucas was missed?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #572: Jan 27, 2011 03:22:04 am
      Only saw around 10 minutes of the game, how did we play? Lucky? Apparently Lucas was missed?
      Fulham started the better side but we then grew into it and looked more threatening.
      Torres had a goal ruled wrongly offside.

We then created a few chances with Meireles having a good header saved before Fulham hit us on the break and should have scored.

Second half was very much the same. Even enough, with both sides sharing periods of possesion.

The goal we got was as fluky as you get but thank god we got it.

For the last 15minutes, we could not keep it and most of us here were shitting bricks and we could easily have conceded.

Luckily, we held on :)
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #573: Jan 27, 2011 03:26:16 am
      Nice detailed description there! Cheers :) 3 points are 3 points tho, doesnt matter how they come.

im fu**ed :)
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #574: Jan 27, 2011 04:02:31 am
      From what I've heard and read, not a good performance and we were sort of lucky to win.

But then Torres' should have counted, so what the hell! :P We are upto 7th! :D

Quick Reply