Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 786041 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barçelona
      Reply #6049: Jul 11, 2014 11:06:40 pm
      First off I want to say how gutted I am by him leaving, was hoping at the last minute the deal would collapse but not to be.

So.... Luis I just want to Thankyou for the last 3 seasons and for being your very own Highlight reel week in, week out.

I will miss you but thanks again for giving us 110% every time you put on the famous RED shirt.

Now for my parting shot and a lot of you might think this is a bit harsh but I'm so gutted I need to say this to get it off my chest and I know you won't read this but hoping you might, so here goes....

One day in the the near future, I'd love it if your daughter, Delfina, you know the one you named as an anagram of Anfield, says to you, Daddy why did we leave the City I was born in and why did we leave the City I learnt Scouse in?

Then you reply to her Money and to be closer to your Grandparents. Then you see the look in her eyes and the total disappointment of your decision to leave her Birth city and realize you've let your Baby girl down.

Think it's gonna take a long while to get over this hurt but beating you and Barca in the Champions League Final may go someway to alleviating the pain.

YNWA

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #6050: Jul 11, 2014 11:43:40 pm
      I always had a feeling he'd be off this summer, just like a few others on here, even before the latest bite incident.

Wemove on and if Barca think they can tame him then think they are very much mistaken.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6051: Jul 12, 2014 12:24:13 am
      Think it hurts now...wait till we see him in a Barca shirt :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6052: Jul 12, 2014 02:45:55 am
      First off I want to say how gutted I am by him leaving, was hoping at the last minute the deal would collapse but not to be.

So.... Luis I just want to Thankyou for the last 3 seasons and for being your very own Highlight reel week in, week out.

I will miss you but thanks again for giving us 110% every time you put on the famous RED shirt.

Now for my parting shot and a lot of you might think this is a bit harsh but I'm so gutted I need to say this to get it off my chest and I know you won't read this but hoping you might, so here goes....

One day in the the near future, I'd love it if your daughter, Delfina, you know the one you named as an anagram of Anfield, says to you, Daddy why did we leave the City I was born in and why did we leave the City I learnt Scouse in?

Then you reply to her Money and to be closer to your Grandparents. Then you see the look in her eyes and the total disappointment of your decision to leave her Birth city and realize you've let your Baby girl down.

Think it's gonna take a long while to get over this hurt but beating you and Barca in the Champions League Final may go someway to alleviating the pain.

YNWA

There may be an argument that Luis has let down a few people in his career, but he has certainly not let down his daughter in any way.
      Bier
      Reply #6053: Jul 12, 2014 03:34:08 am
      I always expected this to happen at some point, I don't really care much anymore. I wish him all the best but I'm kind of happy the whole sh*t storm surrounding him for the past 2 seasons is over with.

YNWA

I know you're probably emotional, but no need to bring his daughter into this mate. And you're talking little sense. Delfina was born 6 months before he joined us, and wasn't named after Anfield. And guess where she was actually born? Barcelona. I imagine it's been their 2nd home all these years.

From a family perspective it makes perfect sense for him to move there near his wife's family. In no way is he letting his daughter down. And he didn't go for the money, Barcelona was his dream club even before he joined us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 6403 
      Reply #6054: Jul 12, 2014 03:50:28 am
      I don't care that he's decided to move to Barcelona for family reasons or whatever....I'm more disappointed that he basically lied to us and said things that lead us to believe he was happy and staying when he obviously was always going to use us a stepping stone to get what he wanted.

If you are going to use us as a stepping stone fine....but at least be honest and forthright about it. At least I can respect that.

Not too concerned at this point. Just want the whole thing to blow over so we can focus on the team we have, the one that needs our support for the coming task.
      Bier
      Reply #6055: Jul 12, 2014 04:09:11 am
      I don't care that he's decided to move to Barcelona for family reasons or whatever....I'm more disappointed that he basically lied to us and said things that lead us to believe he was happy and staying when he obviously was always going to use us a stepping stone to get what he wanted.

If you are going to use us as a stepping stone fine....but at least be honest and forthright about it. At least I can respect that.

Not too concerned at this point. Just want the whole thing to blow over so we can focus on the team we have, the one that needs our support for the coming task.

I agree, that's my main gripe with him too. But I already knew how he was before he joined Liverpool, so I never really believed him.

There's really nothing wrong with a player saying that he's happy at the club, but that he doesn't know what the future will bring or something like that. Don't say you're staying unless it is dead certain.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6056: Jul 12, 2014 06:25:02 am
      I always had a feeling he'd be off this summer, just like a few others on here, even before the latest bite incident.

Wemove on and if Barca think they can tame him then think they are very much mistaken.

I thought he would stay because we had CL, but as soon as I saw the bite incident I had a pretty good idea he would go. I just wasn't sure if he would jump or be pushed.

Not as upset as when Torres left (took me ages to get over Torres), even though Suarez is the better player. Still very angry, just not sure who to direct my anger at ... apart from those bas**rds Barca. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #6057: Jul 12, 2014 07:13:07 am
      Well, and I say this with no malice or ill intent, I personally have learned that anything players say whilst in a Liverpool shirt, is mostly window dressing and only meant to appease the fans. I personally have heard too many times how LFC is the club for them and how they love the club/city/fans and want to finish their career here, and/or play in the ECL and experience those European Anfield nights and all that - only for them to move on and sign for another club within 18 months like they never uttered those words.

Again, this is no bitterness or ill will toward Luis (good luck fella), but I have learned not to take anything a player says to heart. I don't believe they mean it any more. Not saying they are deliberately being deceitful, I'm just saying they are human and sometimes we make errors of judgement and say things we probably shouldn't have.

But we are LFC and the fans are the only ones I really 100% trust because they are the club's life blood and have stuck around through the good and bad times. They'll be here long after the Luis Suarez' and Torres' of this world have moved on and retired. You really can't blame players for wanting what the heart wants, so I'll leave it at that and be done with it. We may argue and bi*ch and fight, but end of the day, we know we can count on each other to be going through the same emotional roller coaster that is Liverpool Football Club year after year after year.

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6058: Jul 12, 2014 08:54:44 am
      Just read a small write up in the Daily Mail on Suarez today. The bitterness ans childishness ouzes from it though. Some of the comments:

There's no reason to miss this biting, diving, racist cheat

Both the club and English football as a whole did their best to rehabilitate the serial offender

...as soon as he left for Brazil, Suarez began the predictable, calculated, manipulative process of escaping to Spain

After hia remarkable performance against England...he spoke shamefully of revenge for his treatment in this country

For all his wonderful skill and spectacular goals, though, his behaviour means he cannot be compared to the pantheon of great foreign talent to have graced the Premier League

Absolute bullshit from whoever wrote it. I'd love to know how English football tried to rehabilitate him, I didn't see him being given compulsary psycholigcal help, all I saw was him being cast to once side once the FA had got their money.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,023 posts | 3957 
      Reply #6059: Jul 12, 2014 09:28:53 am
      Suarez ban poses Barcelona problem
      The four month ban imposed on Luis Suarez could deny Barcelona the chance to publicly unveil the player when his £75m move from Liverpool.
      Formal presentation would contravene the suspension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28264237
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #6060: Jul 12, 2014 11:36:04 am
      Sad to see him leave but wish him all the best. Not bitter or anything, i hope he does well at barca.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 2836 
      Reply #6061: Jul 12, 2014 11:43:30 am
      Do wish him personally all the best but I hope Barca crash and burn. F***ing hate them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6062: Jul 12, 2014 11:52:26 am
      I've lifted a quote from me ol' mate Luke, who puts my feelings aptly regarding Suarez's transfer to Barca:

Thank you for some amazing memories Luis, a wonderful player with a winning mentality like I've rarely seen on a football pitch.

I'm sure that determination will bring you the trophies and accolades you deserve as one of the greatest football players on the planet.

You're a bit batshit crazy but I like that in some people and I will certainly miss you but the club moves on to bigger and better things without you, farewell.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6063: Jul 12, 2014 01:29:58 pm

Seriously, what the F**k?

I've read some bollocks in my time and this is right up there with the worst of them.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6064: Jul 12, 2014 01:52:53 pm
      His name was Luis SuĂ¡rez and he wore the famous Red,
      I couldn't get enough,
      I couldn't get enough.

When he scored a volley or when he scored a head,
      I couldn't get enough,
      I couldn't get enough.

He scored a goal and the Kop went wild,
      And I couldn't seem to get enough,
      And I'm gunna miss that crazy c**t,
      ... SuĂ¡rez. :(
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6065: Jul 12, 2014 01:57:25 pm

I knew you would take a bit of stick for that post mate. :)

I think we all hope that Suarez eventually realizes just what he has left behind and hope he lives to regret leaving us.

I know I F***ing do!

Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #6066: Jul 12, 2014 02:23:56 pm
      Do wish him personally all the best but I hope Barca crash and burn. F***ing hate them.

totally agree. Wish him personally all the bast and thanks for all remarkable moments 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6067: Jul 12, 2014 03:37:41 pm
      I'm going to miss Luis as a player. Probably the most talented player I've ever seen on a regular basis and in a red shirt. He scored some absolutely amazing goals and he's one of those players that is so incredibly unique as a footballer, he can't be replaced. I always had the feeling, no matter what was going on in the game, that we were never out of it when he was on the ball. We're back in the Champions League again thanks in large part to him. He gave nothing short of 100 percent on the pitch. Mad respect for never sulking.

But if we're being honest here, I think James Pearce was right in the Echo for saying Suarez always looked at Liverpool as a stepping stone. We were still a big club when he joined, but we were at our lowest point and he was joining from Ajax. All due respect to Ajax's great history, but that move was a step up. Now he moves on to where he always wanted to go. No bitterness from me.

I'm grateful for all the goals, but I certainly won't miss the headaches and the ticking time bomb element of his personality. The racism ban, flipping off the Fulham fans, biting ban, flirting with Arsenal, and and now the most recent biting ban hurt us. No denying that. Hope he does well at Barcelona on a personal level, but such is my disdain for them and Real Madrid that I hope both clubs fail miserably. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #6068: Jul 12, 2014 08:05:34 pm
      We may never see his likes at Anfield again.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6069: Jul 12, 2014 08:17:50 pm

In what sense Walt?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6070: Jul 12, 2014 08:20:49 pm

If I was given a quid or two every time that was uttered about a player leaving Anfield, I could afford to go to more games. :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6071: Jul 12, 2014 10:17:22 pm
      I always expected this to happen at some point, I don't really care much anymore. I wish him all the best but I'm kind of happy the whole sh*t storm surrounding him for the past 2 seasons is over with.

I know you're probably emotional, but no need to bring his daughter into this mate. And you're talking little sense. Delfina was born 6 months before he joined us, and wasn't named after Anfield. And guess where she was actually born? Barcelona. I imagine it's been their 2nd home all these years.

From a family perspective it makes perfect sense for him to move there near his wife's family. In no way is he letting his daughter down. And he didn't go for the money, Barcelona was his dream club even before he joined us.

Yeah I totally fu**ed that up. I was sure his daughter was born in Liverpool, but now realize his son was. So big F**k up on my part.

And yes I'm F***ing hurting...kills me to see our best player leave. I wanted at least 1 more season from him. I wanted to see him light up the Champions league with us not them and I wanted to see us go the next step in the BPL with him as well.

I'm gutted and will be for a long time.

Quick Reply