Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

New Sky Sports Site

Read 2709 times
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 213 posts |
      New Sky Sports Site
      Aug 01, 2007 08:34:51 am
      Well, their new site is fairly ugly, but that's not what I wish to discuss...

Take a gander at their squad list on the Liverpool Page - Here

Liverpool Squad List
      Goalkeeper:

* - Jose Reina
          * - Scott Carson

Defender:

* - Alvaro Arbeloa
          * - Daniel Agger
          * - Gabriel Paletta
          * - Jack Hobbs
          * - Jamie Carragher
          * - Miki Roque
          * - Sami Hyypia
          * - Stephen Darby
          * - Steve Finnan
          * - Fabio Aurelio

Midfield:

* 11 Mark Gonzalez
          * 20 Javier Mascherano
          * 26 Paul Anderson
          * 42 Nabil El Zhar
          * 9 Luis Garcia
          * - David Mannix
          * - Francisco Manuel Duran
          * - Harry Kewell
          * - Jermaine Pennant
          * - John Arne Riise
          * - Lee Peltier
          * - Lucas Leiva
          * - Mohamed Sissoko
          * - Steven Gerrard
          * - Yossi Benayoun
          * - Xabi Alonso

Forward:

* 17 Francis Jeffers
          * - Anthony Le Tallec
          * - Dirk Kuyt
          * - Fernando Torres
          * - Peter Crouch

Utility:

* - Craig Lindfield
          * - Emiliano Insua
          * - Nabil El Zhar
          * - Ryan Babel

On Loan:

* 0 Florent Sinama-Pongolle (to Recreativo Huelva)
          * 0 Darren Potter (to Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Well, SkySports have severly gone down in my estimation, several players who have already been sold on still in the team, Nabil El Zhar apparently is two life forms who can play midfield or utility. Voronin is missing completely. And we own Francis Jeffers??!??!!?? I know there's more, but those ones really stand out to me. What are SS playing at?

It's all a bit shocking really.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: New Sky Sports Site
      Reply #1: Aug 01, 2007 08:46:10 am
      That Francis Jeffers inclusion is baffling. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't ???

Also is Le Tallec still a Liverpool player or has he been given the boot? And who is Francisco Manuel Duran?? I clicked on his picture and he seems to be a big grey dude with a question mark for a face!!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #2: Aug 01, 2007 09:34:10 am
      Le Tallec is still with us, but I think Rafa is looking to move him on.
      Duran, is another kid Rafa brought in last season, but if I'm not wrong, got injured straight away with knee problems.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Aug 01, 2007 09:42:53 am
      That Francis Jeffers inclusion is baffling. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't ???

Also is Le Tallec still a Liverpool player or has he been given the boot? And who is Francisco Manuel Duran?? I clicked on his picture and he seems to be a big grey dude with a question mark for a face!!

Duran is one of the youngsters we signed, central midfielder from Malaga I think.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #4: Aug 01, 2007 10:07:38 am
      Oh right thanks for clearing that up. It is about time Le Tallec moved on and I just looked up Duran on liverpoolfc.tv. He looks a lot more human in this than in his sky sports profile. It's a shame about his injuries, must be hard moving to a huge club like Liverpool and not being able to show what you can do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,302 posts | 4949 
      Reply #5: Aug 01, 2007 09:44:02 pm
      They have removed Jeffers but still no Ryan Babel or Andrei Voronin. I would have expected more from Sky. You would think with all the money they are making they would have someone competent working on the website.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Aug 01, 2007 11:00:03 pm
      See they've forgot that Paul Anderson is loan to Swansea as well?

Not really all that surprised with Sky Sports. I believe they rely on a lot tabloid media rubbish most of the time anyway.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #7: Aug 02, 2007 08:54:00 am
      As long as they have lots of pics of Georgie Thompson on the site, they can print whatever they like
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Aug 02, 2007 10:12:20 am
      Oh my god, I don't like the new site. It's different, and I don't like change :( The League tables are from last season, and not new for this season, which starts in a week so I don't see why ??? And is it me or is it slower now too?
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 02, 2007 12:16:08 pm
      does anybody know how to get the games like missing men, picture puzzle on the new skysport website

i liked doing them every week
      dosent matter know found it ;D
      evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 02, 2007 01:52:18 pm
      On the transfers page:

Who's Andrew Vorornin?
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #11: Aug 03, 2007 03:50:07 pm
      It also says that Pongolle is still on loan at Recreativo??? didnt we sell him to them for 2.7mil
      Well thats what sky reported on there site a couple of months back.

I want the old site back the new one is rubbish
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2007 07:28:39 pm
      Even on the skysports news rel, every player e signed is for an undiscosed fee apart from Babel.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Aug 05, 2007 12:58:25 am
      sure on our official website it says pongolle is still in the liverpool squad??
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Aug 07, 2007 10:04:52 pm
      Sky Sports News has changed too!!!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #15: Aug 08, 2007 11:20:15 pm
      i hate this new site....grrrrrrrrrr it takes forever to load and when u try 2 scroll down the poage it starts to load an ad at the side grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 09, 2007 02:02:44 pm
      My official comment on this is the site is sh*te
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Aug 09, 2007 05:24:13 pm
      Cmon guys what did you expect. Sky TV hates everything about us ask Andy"I hate Liverpool because I was never good enough to play for em" Grey.
      Ok ok I Know I pay for some of sky services, but I have to admit the football in HD is second to none really great quality its just a pity at times I cant switch off Grey as sometimes from his comments I dont even think he is watching the same match I am. However this still doest detract from the fact that in my Humble opion the reporting on Sky sports is in the same league as you get from that newspaper we all hate so much and dont dare mention. Full of inacurate anicdotes and filled with trifle at times which matches the National Enquirer.

Sky think they own the world and try to employ people who can present their prewritten question to sports people celebrities and goverment officials in such a way as to catch out that person so they can get another angle on a story or to get an exclusive.
      Sky News is not much better and does the same thing. Although unparralled coverage in certain areas some of the prodcuers and bosses and presenters think they are so clever, oneday someones head will explode and all the ego will come flooding out all over the floor and then you will see what little brains they all have.

As for the website being out of date, well for a company that states they are ahead of the game in every respect, it seems pretty much pretentious and unproffesional on their part to not have an updated website.
      The problem is they go on assuming that all football supporters are as thick as sh*t and have no knowledge of anything other than beer and kebabs... oh yee of little mark murdoch yee of little worth. We are some of the most knowledgeable intelligent supporters in the world and yet they still prefer to tar us with their cockney propaganda, and this really does show what a bunch of dimwit no brainers they are doesnt it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Aug 09, 2007 09:54:40 pm
      Cmon guys what did you expect. Sky TV hates everything about us ask Andy"I hate Liverpool because I was never good enough to play for em" Grey.
      Ok ok I Know I pay for some of sky services, but I have to admit the football in HD is second to none really great quality its just a pity at times I cant switch off Grey as sometimes from his comments I dont even think he is watching the same match I am. However this still doest detract from the fact that in my Humble opion the reporting on Sky sports is in the same league as you get from that newspaper we all hate so much and dont dare mention. Full of inacurate anicdotes and filled with trifle at times which matches the National Enquirer.

Sky think they own the world and try to employ people who can present their prewritten question to sports people celebrities and goverment officials in such a way as to catch out that person so they can get another angle on a story or to get an exclusive.
      Sky News is not much better and does the same thing. Although unparralled coverage in certain areas some of the prodcuers and bosses and presenters think they are so clever, oneday someones head will explode and all the ego will come flooding out all over the floor and then you will see what little brains they all have.

As for the website being out of date, well for a company that states they are ahead of the game in every respect, it seems pretty much pretentious and unproffesional on their part to not have an updated website.
      The problem is they go on assuming that all football supporters are as thick as sh*t and have no knowledge of anything other than beer and kebabs... oh yee of little mark murdoch yee of little worth. We are some of the most knowledgeable intelligent supporters in the world and yet they still prefer to tar us with their cockney propaganda, and this really does show what a bunch of dimwit no brainers they are doesnt it.

Great post!

Especially the part of employing. Another thing I'd like to add is the way they bring journalists in on Sky Sports News to give their "highly experienced" view on a lot of serious issues on football. Not necessarily bad views at times, but journalists?? How about someone who has kicked a few balls professionally? If I want a journalists point of view, then I'll go buy an appropriate newspaper - and there isn't many of them!

When it comes down to Sky Sports, there hasn't really been any quality competition for them to provide a better service. I'm sure if it was to disappear, then things would be pretty crap.

But that's different where their website is concerned and I for one hardly ever visit it.

Quick Reply