Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andy Carroll (Newcastle)

Read 48156 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Re: Andy Carroll (Newcastle)
      Reply #667: Jan 31, 2011 07:38:13 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Andy!!!  Hope to see you wearing the #9 shirt against Chavs this weekend and banging in the goals!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #668: Jan 31, 2011 07:38:18 pm
      Alan Shearer on Andy Carroll on BBC Five Live: "Off the field he has been in trouble once or twice before - that would be the major area of concern for me. I spoke to Kenny months ago before he even came to Liverpool about the potential of Carroll. Kenny got myself and Chris Sutton and myself and Mike Newell together at Blackburn and he probably sees Carroll and Suarez as a similar partnership - both can score goals. Andy Carroll is unplayable on his day. We might see Charlie Adam there and with Steven Gerrard and his tremendous right foot - if you get balls into box for those guys it will be a hell of a partnership."

Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #669: Jan 31, 2011 07:40:06 pm
      Regarding his trouble I believe he will have no better man in KK to sort him out..
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #670: Jan 31, 2011 07:40:09 pm
      Would love a winger if possible? Anyone think that's likely? Anyway Carroll batters defenders which will allow Suarez space.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #671: Jan 31, 2011 07:40:46 pm
      You never sell your best player to a team like Chelsea, ever. Especially in January!

Then letting that Sports Direct fat c**t use our desperation on a £10m rated striker. Sorry but that's a f**king mug to me.

This.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #672: Jan 31, 2011 07:41:32 pm
      Not worth £35m by a long shot but at least he will have the right attitude and to improve i suppose. Would have rather had that money go to Aguero though.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #673: Jan 31, 2011 07:43:35 pm
      I have to say I'm happy but I'm kind of worried about our team still lacking width. I mean Carroll's a great header but who the F**k is crossing?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #674: Jan 31, 2011 07:45:16 pm
      Didn't see this coming.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #675: Jan 31, 2011 07:45:38 pm
      I have to say I'm happy but I'm kind of worried about our team still lacking width. I mean Carroll's a great header but who the f**k is crossing?
      Same here.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #676: Jan 31, 2011 07:45:58 pm
      At the end of the day lads n lasses he is almost a Liverpool player and we now need to get behind him, and show him our support. He didn't ask for the price tag, he put in a transfer request which shows he wanted to come. That will do for me.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #677: Jan 31, 2011 07:48:55 pm
      We may have found our next Toshack / Keegan-style partnership with Carroll and Suarez.  £35m is a hell of a fee, hopefully he is worth every penny!

Looking forward to plenty of goals young man, welcome to Liverpool FC!
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #678: Jan 31, 2011 07:49:32 pm
      The monies all relative to me, Torres is probably only worth 30m and Carroll 15-18m in real terms so 35m doesn't worry me. Hes 22 and hungry and wants to play at our great club unlike the just departed.
      Trust in King Kenny (TIKK)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #679: Jan 31, 2011 07:50:13 pm
      We may have found our next Toshack / Keegan-style partnership with Carroll and Suarez.  £35m is a hell of a fee, hopefully he is worth every penny!

Looking forward to plenty of goals young man, welcome to Liverpool FC!
      Its a young partnership too.

Years of goals :)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #680: Jan 31, 2011 07:50:34 pm
      Reserving judgement til I see him play in the famous Liverpool red. Good luck Andy, assuming all is well with the transfer.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #681: Jan 31, 2011 07:50:41 pm
      You know once I got over the shock of Torres betrayal I couldn't care less about him.

Carroll has enormous potential and anyone could see that from his time at Newcastle. He and Suarez are both talented, powerful and aggressive. They will terrorise defences and that's something Torres hasn't done for two years. I tell you this you won't see Carroll sulking around the pitch looking for his dummy because things aren't going his way. I get the impression we have already had the best that Torres has to give. Anyone who doesn't believe me just needs to look at his World Cup performances and his time under Hodgson. The worst of it was his lack fight and effort.

To think that under Rafa we were being linked with Kenwyne Jones because the club had been brought so low and here we are now with Suarez and Carroll for a combined fee of of around £57m. Rafa I just wish you had been backed with the cash but that was then and this is now.

If it's true that Adam and hopefully Young are also on their way then I think we are a rejuvenated side and at last we seem to have owners with the bollocks to transform the place. We just need some work on the defence now in the summer.

Should have stuck around Nando... hasta la vista sucker.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #682: Jan 31, 2011 07:51:22 pm
      so if Carrol and Suarez cost the club a net spend of £12 mil or so you dont see that as good business.
      I spent all weekend with a few others defending Torres and hopin ghe would stay but my loyalty is to the club an dI think we are a much stronger club tonight than we were yesterday.
      One other point. Its clear that there has been some sort of dressing room bust up so if him moving removes that as well then it can only be good for the club.

Yup!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #683: Jan 31, 2011 07:51:27 pm
      I wonder who will he move in with? Is he still on house arrest?

Kong Krog
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts |
      Reply #684: Jan 31, 2011 07:53:11 pm
      I just cant help the feeling of another Robbie Keane...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #685: Jan 31, 2011 07:53:25 pm
      Andy Carroll will be loved. He is the type of character that we will absolutely love.

Is he fit at the moment. Will be ready for Stoke?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #686: Jan 31, 2011 07:53:37 pm
      We may have found our next Toshack / Keegan-style partnership

Last time I heard it (Crouch & Bellamy) it didn't really work out :P
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #687: Jan 31, 2011 07:56:19 pm
      A question does anyone on here with hand on heart actually think he is worth anywhere near £35 million. That is my point and will people stop getting f**king personal because they don't like what I'm saying.

Understand your point corbally mate, I also think £35M is a big gamble but Carroll can count as home grown for us so that's some good side and the most important is we must get replacement of Torres. SO finally I'm just understand the club has to pay some overprice and hopefully Carroll can be what we all hope he to be :)

Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #688: Jan 31, 2011 07:57:58 pm
      I think Dexter said it....but Suarez has had his best form when playing next to a bigger striker

obviously we overpaid for him, but I dont know how you cant help but feel excited with the young duo of Carrol+Suarez
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #689: Jan 31, 2011 07:59:30 pm
      As JD posted on Twitter earlier, this money would have f***in disappeared under the old regime.

I for one won't be moaning about money (FSG's/Liverpool's money) being spent on decent players.

They will never win over some fans but IMO they deserve a pat on the back for getting this deal after Nando sh*t on us from a high height so late in the day.

End of the day if they had got him for 25 mil none of the other 10 mil would be buying me that house in Caldy.

Move onwards and upwards and welcome to Anfield Mr Carroll.

Quick Reply