Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 464911 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Chelsea years)
      Reply #4853: Jun 20, 2013 11:03:27 pm
      Congrats lad. Scoring against Tahiti is definitely your level of football.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #4854: Jun 20, 2013 11:05:12 pm
      Still looked sh*t, and selfish, though Villa was gonna hit him at one point.

What are you talking about? I watched the whole game, he wasn't selfish at all. If anyone was selfish it was Villa.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4855: Jun 21, 2013 10:39:18 am
      Even I'd net 4 against that shower of sh*t.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #4856: Jun 21, 2013 01:40:51 pm
      What are you talking about? I watched the whole game, he wasn't selfish at all. If anyone was selfish it was Villa.

So did I, from his first chance at goal he could have passed to Villa for an empty net shot but instead tried to shoot not even facing the goal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #4857: Jun 21, 2013 01:53:57 pm
      So did I, from his first chance at goal he could have passed to Villa for an empty net shot but instead tried to shoot not even facing the goal.

One time.....and I could count at least three times that Villa took a foolish shot himself when he should have passed.

You want to hate Torres, that's fine, but don't make stuff up just for the sake of bashing him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8646 
      Reply #4858: Jun 21, 2013 02:08:27 pm
      You want to hate Torres, that's fine, but don't make stuff up just for the sake of bashing him.

Get a grip, the c**t plays for Chelsea, if anyone wants to slag him off, let them.

Plus they were playing Tahiti, I could of played and stuck four past them and I would of buried that pen too!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4859: Jun 21, 2013 04:20:00 pm
      If Chelsea fans look at this thread, they would be rolling over in laughter at some of our fans still being so bitter.  I agree with  FL Red. Half this stuff is made up.  He had an okay season at Chelsea. He could have been better against Thahiti on a couple of chances but overall he looked sharp. I don't feel hatred towards Torres.  We had the best out of him and then got 50m for him. Suarez replaced him at the right time. He is still getting picked for the best team in the world so we can't exactly laugh at him, especially since he has won everything other than the league.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4860: Jun 21, 2013 04:23:38 pm
      More goals to add to his tally. Fair play to him he's got 20+ in the last few months, not against good competition for the most part but still a lot of goals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8646 
      Reply #4861: Jun 21, 2013 04:34:27 pm
      If Chelsea fans look at this thread, they would be rolling over in laughter at some of our fans still being so bitter.  I agree with  FL Red. Half this stuff is made up. 

Isn't that what forums are for, I mean any Chelsea fan wants to laugh and add their comments, fine, but the I'm sure the reaction back to the johnny come lately wankers I'm sure would point to the fact they openly slagged off their own manager with embarrassingly sh*te a4 pieces of paper.

F***ing hell he isn't our player anymore, so anyone wants to slag or take the piss, hardly being bitter is it? Especially as we made £50 million in the process for someone who is never, ever going to be the player that we saw up close and personal in a red shirt.

And he's only playing for what could be described as the Spanish B team!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4862: Jun 23, 2013 06:21:16 pm
      4 goals against one of the shittest nations in world football....guess this means that he is now going to break every scoring record going next season now!

He was still pretty cack though to be honest, against even a league one team I doubt he'd have scored more than 1 of them goals! Not to mention he missed yet another penalty and couldn't even play a simple pass square for David Villa to tap in.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7154 
      Reply #4863: Jun 24, 2013 06:40:23 pm
      whatever he had has long since gone. Its a bit embarrassing if people try to big him up for scoring against a sunday league team.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4864: Jun 24, 2013 06:58:08 pm
      These people still bashing Torres must have missed yesterday where he played very well against Nigeria. He scored as soon as he came on.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #4865: Jun 24, 2013 07:13:56 pm
      These people still bashing Torres must have missed yesterday where he played very well against Nigeria. He scored as soon as he came on.

He's still a shadow of the player he was in a red shirt and more to the point... he's still a two faced tw*t!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #4866: Jun 24, 2013 07:28:45 pm
      He's still a shadow of the player he was in a red shirt and more to the point... he's still a two faced tw*t!
      yup utter bellend,and a treacherous one at that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4867: Jun 24, 2013 08:20:43 pm
      Because we had Torres at his peak. I don't think he will have a long career,  Strikers usually peak a bit earlier.  He only has a few seasons left I think.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #4868: Jun 25, 2013 04:08:30 am
      He can get back to the olden days if he plays Tahiti every week.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4869: Jul 25, 2013 04:55:46 pm
      When you read things like this, it makes you realise that compared to Suarez, Torres left in the right way.

Steven Gerrard cried when Fernando Torres left Liverpool
      Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard told in an recent interview that he cried when their talisman Fernando Torres left Liverpool, not only because he was important to the club but also because he was a great friend and a great individual.

He said: “When he left, he didn’t just leave. He went to every single Liverpool worker. He went to the physio, the medical workers, the laundry workers, etc.

”He thanked them. Every single individual. I am not ashamed to say I cried when he left, so did the team. He was a beautiful person. Helped charities, helped families. Very humble.”, he continued.

“It’s a shame nobody saw him do this. He is special, and in Liverpool, he will always be with us, even of he is not wearing the colours.”

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/04/20/steven-gerrard-cried-when-fernando-torres-left-liverpool/
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #4870: Jul 25, 2013 04:58:40 pm
      Then he is going to play in the testimonial?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,418 posts | 8646 
      Reply #4871: Jul 25, 2013 05:01:46 pm
      When you read things like this, it makes you realise that compared to Suarez, Torres left in the right way.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard told in an recent interview that he cried when their talisman Fernando Torres left Liverpool, not only because he was important to the club but also because he was a great friend and a great individual.

Didn't look that way towards the end! What game was it when they both hardly celebrated together after Torres scored and seemed to be giving each other daggers.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7154 
      Reply #4872: Jul 25, 2013 06:02:04 pm

He said: “When he left, he didn’t just leave. He went to every single Liverpool worker. He went to the physio, the medical workers, the laundry workers, etc.

”He thanked them. Every single individual. I am not ashamed to say I cried when he left, so did the team. He was a beautiful person. Helped charities, helped families. Very humble.”, he continued.

“It’s a shame nobody saw him do this. He is special, and in Liverpool, he will always be with us, even of he is not wearing the colours.”

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/04/20/steven-gerrard-cried-when-fernando-torres-left-liverpool/
      he left because he didn't think this club was going anywhere 3 years on who is right and who is wrong?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #4873: Jul 25, 2013 06:09:35 pm
      On reflection the "...big club..." comments on Chelsea TV were like a fu#king pneumatic drill in the gonads at the time!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #4874: Jul 25, 2013 06:11:12 pm
      Would have him back if Luis leaves.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4875: Jul 25, 2013 06:19:39 pm
      Would have him back if Luis leaves.

What evidence over the last two and a half years has he given to merit coming back? The guy's a busted flush. He's finished and has been since 2010. Wouldn't touch the guy with a barge pole. A faint shadow of his former self. Actually no - not even that. I do not recognise him at all now. Never seen someone go from hero to zero as rapidly as he did. He doesn't even look of standard Premier League quality these days and I even think Rafa took pity on him in the 6 months he was at Chelsea.

Quick Reply