Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)

Read 56655 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Reply #276: Jun 15, 2011 10:20:33 pm

Barca hopeful on Sanchez
      European champions begin negotiations with Udinese

Last Updated: June 15, 2011 10:07pm

Barcelona have opened talks with Udinese over a deal for Alexis Sanchez and are optimistic about winning the chase for his signature.

Udinese declared earlier this week that Manchester City were the favourites to land the highly-rated Chile international, who has also been linked with Juventus, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

However, the player's agent later insisted his future was still wide open and Barca now appear to be very much back in the running.

The Spanish and European champions have been linked with the 22-year-old winger for some time and vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu is hopeful an agreement will be reached.

"We are optimistic, but this has just begun. We are negotiating for Sanchez," he told Chilean newspaper La Tercera.

"We know he is a valuable player; that is why there are so many teams after him. We have to continue talking and we will see what is going to happen in the next few days."

Sanchez is thought to prefer a move to Camp Nou but Bartomeu recognises that it is Udinese who hold the key to his arrival in Barcelona.

"We will first have to come to an agreement with Udinese," he said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6991360,00.html
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #277: Jun 15, 2011 11:56:04 pm
      Talking to some United fans. They reckon he is theirs and Qatar will fork up the cash as part of buying the club. . . Stunned by that but surely the media would be all over it if true. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #278: Jun 15, 2011 11:59:40 pm
      Talking to some United fans. They reckon he is theirs and Qatar will fork up the cash as part of buying the club. . . Stunned by that but surely the media would be all over it if true. 

Typical clueless Mancs ... The Qatar Investment Authority have just purchased Paris Saint-Germain, couple of weeks ago ... That ship has sailed for the Mancs ...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #279: Jun 16, 2011 01:26:59 am
      sanchez is brilliant but haven't seen him do many amazing crosses for a winger.
      he is a bit like suarez in that he doesn't go down easily and always seems to retain the ball under pressure.
      he is worth the figurtes spouted about but if he goes to barca there is going to be one amazing player being left out....wonder how david villa feels about that?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #280: Jun 16, 2011 01:29:17 am

Udinese list Sanchez contenders

Wednesday 15 June, 2011

“Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United and two Italian clubs have made offers for Alexis Sanchez,” said an Udinese consultant.

It is well known the Chilean is hot property on the transfer market and the subject of a bidding war worth at least €35m.

“There are five clubs who are doing everything to get hold of him: Barcelona, Manchester City, United and two Italian clubs,” Udinese consultant Stefano Antonelli told Sky Sport Italia.

“The offers have all come from these clubs. We don’t want to create a bidding war, but he is the big name on the transfer market at the moment and everyone wants him.

“Over the next few days we should learn where Sanchez will go. We wanted to keep hold of the player, but when there is an important offer, it should be evaluated fully.”

It is widely believed the two Italian clubs in the race are Juventus and Inter, but he is thought to be closest to Barcelona.

“All the clubs we talked about have a chance of signing him, but right now my feeling is that he’s more likely to go abroad.

“Barcelona’s very powerful push on to the scene has changed the scenario somewhat.”

http://www.football-italia.net/jun15z.html
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #281: Jun 16, 2011 02:30:49 am
      Udinese list Sanchez contenders

Wednesday 15 June, 2011

“Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United and two Italian clubs have made offers for Alexis Sanchez,” said an Udinese consultant.

It is well known the Chilean is hot property on the transfer market and the subject of a bidding war worth at least €35m.

“There are five clubs who are doing everything to get hold of him: Barcelona, Manchester City, United and two Italian clubs,” Udinese consultant Stefano Antonelli told Sky Sport Italia.

“The offers have all come from these clubs. We don’t want to create a bidding war, but he is the big name on the transfer market at the moment and everyone wants him.

“Over the next few days we should learn where Sanchez will go. We wanted to keep hold of the player, but when there is an important offer, it should be evaluated fully.”

It is widely believed the two Italian clubs in the race are Juventus and Inter, but he is thought to be closest to Barcelona.

“All the clubs we talked about have a chance of signing him, but right now my feeling is that he’s more likely to go abroad.

“Barcelona’s very powerful push on to the scene has changed the scenario somewhat.”

http://www.football-italia.net/jun15z.html

Hope he goes to Barca or stays in Italy.....would be a nightmare if went to either one of the manchester clubs
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #282: Jun 16, 2011 08:54:13 am
      I dont think barca can get anywhere near the transfer fee that united and city are willing to pay! so i fear the worst!!!
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #283: Jun 16, 2011 09:44:55 am
      I dont think barca can get anywhere near the transfer fee that united and city are willing to pay! so I fear the worst!!!
      Aye ?
      barca can't get transfer fees ???
      Udinese wants to make lots of money from the lad ..m sure it will City or barca thats it.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #284: Jun 16, 2011 11:28:50 am
      sanchez is brilliant but haven't seen him do many amazing crosses for a winger.
      he is a bit like suarez in that he doesn't go down easily and always seems to retain the ball under pressure.
      he is worth the figurtes spouted about but if he goes to barca there is going to be one amazing player being left out....wonder how david villa feels about that?

Maybe David Villa just want to win La Liga medal with Barca mate and he now fulfilled his dream :), that the same our Stevie G want to leave for Chelsea in 2005.

On topic, I agree your point of Sanchez is not an ordinary out-and-out winger and he's similar to Suarez.

IMO if we just can only get one more player at similar price to Sanchez in this window I'd choose him. With Suarez and Sanchez (or Mata I'm still please ;D) up front with Carroll or Kuyt we can use our fullbacks to provide width instead of waste money on the average/over-rated wingers.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #285: Jun 16, 2011 11:52:47 pm

Chelsea join the battle for Alexis Sanchez

Published 23:02 16/06/11
      By Neil McLeman

Chelsea have entered the race to sign Chile forward Alex Sanchez.

Manchester City and Manchester United are already competing to sign the hottest player in Europe this summer.

Udinese are looking to start an auction to drive the price up to £32million, with Barcelona, Juventus and Inter Milan also in the running.

The news that Chelsea are now prepared to bid shows that owner Roman Abramovich is willing to spend big again after the £74m invested in January and Wednesday's unsuccessful £22m offer for Tottenham's Luka Modric.

Sanchez, 22, scored 12 goals in Serie A last season and his pace and trickery have earned him comparisons with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Udinese spokesman Stefano Antonelli said: "There are clubs who are doing everything to get hold of him - Barcelona, City, United and two Italian clubs.

"All the clubs we talked about have a chance of signing him, but right now my feeling is that he's more likely to go abroad."

Barca vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu admitted: "We are in talks for Sanchez.

"We are optimistic, even if we are still only at the beginning."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Chelsea-join-race-Alexis-Sanchez-of-Udinese-also-target-Manchester-United-Manchester-City-Barcelona-article748254.html
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #286: Jun 17, 2011 07:44:52 am
      Still no mention of us then
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #287: Jun 17, 2011 10:42:39 am

Of course not according to Commoli we only sign top players :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #288: Jun 17, 2011 06:27:38 pm

City working on Sanchez deal
      Lombardo confirms interest in Udinese winger

Last Updated: June 17, 2011 1:47pm

Manchester City coach Attilio Lombardo has indicated that work is under way to try and bring in Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez.

The Chile international is attracting interest from other European heavyweights such as Barcelona, Juventus, Inter Milan and City's local rivals Manchester United.

Udinese say five offers have been lodged and Lombardo is aware of the amount of competition City would face to secure the services of the 22-year-old.

However, Lombardo, who joined Roberto Mancini's backroom staff a year ago, is hopeful of landing a player that he believes would have a huge impact at Eastlands.

"He is an excellent player for any big club in Europe," Lombardo told Il Friuli. "This season he has often proved to be one of the best in the Italian championship.

"He is a very fast player, a great champion, with a great personality and touch of the ball.

"I repeat, it would be a major boost for any team."

Lombardo accepts that Udinese will have the final say on Sanchez's future but has made it very clear that he ranks highly on City's transfer wish list for the summer.

He added: "For now he is a very valuable player for Udinese and we respect that.

"What I can say is that Manchester City are always aware of what's happening around great players and Alexis Sanchez fits the profile of football that our club is looking for.

"But in this period of the market it is also true that we talk a lot.

"Players like Sanchez are on the lists of the top teams and this is normal. As is normal in the list of City."

Lombardo could shed no light on reports that City had tabled a bid of €38million (£33.5m) for Sanchez.

He said: "It's not something I can comment on. The company is working hard on purchases, but I'm not authorised to give any details, let alone talk about figures.

"There are people in charge, working with the coaching staff. This is what I can say.

"The market is an important issue and we want a great team for next season, with great players."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6993954,00.html
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #289: Jun 17, 2011 07:08:51 pm
      they might sell adam jonhson to us (hope) then, and I think millner will be a bench warmer next season aswell
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #290: Jun 19, 2011 12:28:20 am

Manchester City try to beat Man Utd to Alexis Sanchez with upfront offer

Jun 19 2011 by Alan Nixon

MANCHESTER CITY are throwing their Arab millions at Italian side Udinese in a last-gasp effort to sign Chilean star Alexis Sanchez.

City have offered Udinese a stunning £27million for wanted man Sanchez... and the promise that the money will be paid immediately in one hit.

Mega-bucks City hope it will see off rivals Manchester United and Barcelona, who could match the offer but plan to pay it over a period of three or four years.

Udinese are due to make a decision on Sanchez, pictured above, possibly even tomorrow, in a summit between their president and the player’s camp in Italy.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/06/19/transfer-news-manchester-city-try-to-beat-man-utd-to-alexis-sanchez-with-upfront-offer-102039-23210827/
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #291: Jun 19, 2011 07:53:36 am
      City offer money.

We offer prestige and tradition.

Then it's up to the player what he wants because you're right, we can't force anyone.

What f**king annoys me is all this 'want CL football'. I agree that all the top stars want to be playing the CL often but I don't think it's anywhere near valid as a reason not to join a club like Liverpool who'll be back in the top four sooner rather than later.

If they want Champions League straight away, tell them to f**k off. If they can't see past the first season of no CL and can't make a sacrifice of a season for us then they shouldn't be playing for us plain and simple.

Spot on! Would love to sign this guy but greedy players/agents are ruining the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #292: Jun 19, 2011 08:43:49 am
      I would say we'd be very good prospects if we had CL football but he has that already. He would want a big club with that same opportunity.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #293: Jun 19, 2011 10:04:19 am
      I think we will be priced out of a move for Sanchez, the price seems to be going up every time I hear about him. He could be our marque signing though I suppose.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #294: Jun 19, 2011 12:23:14 pm
      Sanchez to Barca apparently a done deal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #295: Jun 19, 2011 12:33:29 pm
      Sanchez to Barca apparently a done deal.

Where have you heard that mate?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #296: Jun 19, 2011 03:54:47 pm
      SkyGraemeBailey Seemingly Sanchez has now moved on, Chilean & Spanish press paraphrasing him, saying he has told team-mates he is going to Barcelona...

Looks like he's off to Barcelona. I wonder who City will try to sign now, either Eden Hazard or Juan Mata IMO.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #297: Jun 19, 2011 10:19:31 pm

Sanchez to Barca for €39m

Sunday 19 June, 2011

Spanish newspapers claim Udinese star Alexis Sanchez will complete a €39m transfer to Barcelona on Monday.

According to ‘Sport,’ the Blaugrana increased the pressure on Sanchez after seeing their offer for Giuseppe Rossi rejected by Villarreal.

They have upped the price to €39m and it’s even suggested the Chile national team has given Sanchez time off from Copa America training to fly in to Barcelona on Monday for his signature.

It would mean Barça beat Manchester City in the race to sign El Nino Maravilla, who was also of interest to Manchester United, Inter and Juventus.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun19b.html
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #298: Jun 19, 2011 10:22:42 pm
      Sanchez to Barca, our owners are sh*t cheapskates :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply