Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

UEFA Financial rules

Read 957 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      UEFA Financial rules
      Feb 10, 2011 10:56:11 am
      sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I've done a search and I can't spot an answer to the question.
      Uefa (or is it Fifa?) have got these new financial rules coming in. As far as I can see what they say is clubs are only allowed to spend what is coming in as a result of their footballing activities ie ticket money, transfer fees, merchandising and presumably sponsorship deals.
      They cannot use money that the rich owners like Abramovich or Mansour fetch out of their own pockets to bail out the club.
      In theory this leads to a level playing field and will mean clubs need to sort out their debt levels and live within their means.
      But what is to stop Mansour  creating a holding company, lets call it we love Milk Sheiks Ltd and doing a shirt sponsorship deal with Man city to the tune of say £100m a year for the next ten years?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: UEFA Financial rules
      Reply #1: Feb 10, 2011 11:01:58 am
      No because there's a rule that says that all sponsorship income has to be of an reasonable amount.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Re: UEFA Financial rules
      Reply #2: Feb 10, 2011 11:37:05 am
      but what's reasonable? we announced a deal not long ago that was 200% larger than our previous deal. If we followed that trend our next deal could be for £60m a year. If someone is willing to spend the money (and yes I know ours is legit as opposed to someone getting round the rules) who is to say its unreasonable?
      but even if you do it for sponsorship whats to stop you offering a 'match experience package' where you get to walk on the pitch 5 minutes before the game starts and watch from an exclusive box with hot and cold running waitresses? to you sir £5m per home game.
      There are going to be ways round any of the rules and the haves will be the ones who can exploit them.

Quick Reply