Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Hodgson takes West Brom Job

Read 36906 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Hodgson takes West Brom Job
      Reply #161: Mar 19, 2011 08:11:11 pm
      Strangely he started with a 4-2-3-1 formation today - I wonder where he got that? Surely he hasn't forsaken his tried and tested 36 year old methodology.  :angel:
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2011 10:43:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #162: Mar 23, 2011 09:28:16 pm
      Strangely he started with a 4-2-3-1 formation today - I wonder where he got that? Surely he hasn't forsaken his tried and tested 36 year old methodology.  :angel:

Are you sure it wasn't just 4-5-1?  He used to use that at Fulham in away games - worked well by all accounts  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #163: Mar 24, 2011 03:52:05 am
      He is doing very well, something I expected him to do, he really is suited to them sort of sides, and I don't even mean that in a patronising fashion.

There is room for all managers in football, and managers who perform well on a budget are certainly needed, managers can't all be Jose Mourinhos.

The fact is Roy is perfect for teams whos ambition it is to initially survive and then establish themselves as premier league sides.

I have no doubts WBA will be a mid table side in 2-3 years time.

He just wasn't suited for Liverpool, and that is how it is. Liverpool should have money to spend, and the mid-table mentality will not cut it when signing quality players, where more is made of what they can offer off the ball than on it, attacking instincts are curbed for the safety of a level game.

It is no suprise to me that only when we fell behind did Roy change anything. When we were winning he didn't want to make a single sub, why? Because he was scared that the player coming on would not do the same job as the player going off.

To be a manager at the top of the game I think you need to be thinking of what can I change to win the game, what can I change to seal the win, rather than if i change anything we might lose the game or what can I change to hold on for the win.

Basically good luck at WBA, Roy. Hope you can keep them from boing-boinging up and down from Championship to Premiership.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #164: Mar 28, 2011 01:45:08 pm
      We'll see how Mr Hodgson does at the weekend... I for one, hope for many a face rubs on Saturday!
      gcramer789
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #165: Mar 29, 2011 09:38:19 am
      hey buddy
      this is a good information
      I think you just carry on
              Thank you very much
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #166: Mar 29, 2011 09:44:33 am
      hey buddy
      this is a good information
      I think you just carry on
              Thank you very much

WHAT THE F**k - WUM for sure
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #167: Mar 29, 2011 09:52:02 am
      I for one, hope for many a face rubs on Saturday!

Roy's face is not looking forward to Saturday I'll bet. He'll have no skin left there after we've finished with them ;D

Roy Hodgson Face Rubbin' 5000
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2011 10:06:38 am by srslfc »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #168: Mar 29, 2011 06:02:12 pm
      Bet he can't wait for Saturday to get one over on his former club  :f_whistle: I play Badminton with a WBA fan, he reckons West Brom will score on Saturday but Liverpool will score more  ;D
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #169: Mar 31, 2011 12:57:17 pm
      Anyone want to bet he won't play 4-4-2?

I'm guessing he'll go, 4-5-1 and sit deep, let us have the ball, and try and hit us on the break.

Fingers crossed Suarez and Gerrard are fit to play!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #170: Apr 01, 2011 04:36:36 pm
      Just ONCE can this man take some responsibility for his failings at Liverpool?  It's the fans fault, says Roy...  :f_steam:
      Ousted Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson believes he did not stand a chance of succeeding at Anfield because the fans wanted Kenny Dalglish in charge from the start.

Hodgson, now manager at West Bromwich Albion, was eventually sacked and replaced by Dalglish after just six months and will return to Anfield for the first time with his new club on Saturday.

The former Fulham manager said he knew his time was up when unpopular owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks left Liverpool.

Hodgson told the Daily Mirror: "The people who employed me didn't stay too long. I think for the new owners they obviously found themselves in a difficult situation because we weren't winning enough games.

"The fans were making it clear they wanted me gone and someone else in. Everyone knows for one minute I can't suggest I felt wanted at Liverpool.

"It is not exactly a secret I wasn't perceived by a lot of people as the manager they wanted at Liverpool. They wanted somebody else and that makes life a lot more difficult.

"It was my misfortune to be at a club where the fans made it pretty clear early on they really wanted the manager they have got now.''
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #171: Apr 01, 2011 04:40:30 pm
      From Sky Sports.com

Quote from: Project Owl
      "If there are people out there who think I need to prove a point then I suggest they look at what I've done in 36 years.

:lmao:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #172: Apr 01, 2011 04:50:16 pm
      F**k me that is the problem the Liverpool fans actually looked at that 35 year record before you arrived Roy and it filled them with dread
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #173: Apr 01, 2011 04:56:32 pm

Me - I bet he won't. So what odds are you laying me?  >:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #174: Apr 01, 2011 09:01:21 pm
      This guy just has no idea!  After the respect Kenny showed him yesterday and he comes out with this.

You were s**t, just f**king accept it and stop blaming everyone else for your failures  :mad:

Hodgson: Dalglish loomed large

(UKPA) – 52 minutes ago

Roy Hodgson claims the presence of Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool during his time at the club meant it "wasn't easy" managing the Anfield side.

Speaking before the visit of his old club to The Hawthorns, Hodgson said Dalglish's achievements loomed large over his six-month tenure, and were made more pertinent by the fact he was appointed at the expense of the former Scottish international.

"It's difficult to compete with icons," he said. "I came to the right club, perhaps I didn't come at the right time because Kenny did make it clear at that time that he wanted the job."

He added: "The people who were making the decisions at that time decided to go for me, and as a result that left Kenny in a difficult position because he is one who wanted the job.

"So when things didn't go well, having him in the background wasn't easy and wouldn't have been easy for any coach."

However, Hodgson added this scenario was by no means exclusive to Liverpool.

He said: "That happens at virtually every football club, to be quite honest. There's always someone in the wings who's a little bit of an icon and who's ready to take over if the results don't go that way."

The Press Association
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #175: Apr 01, 2011 10:01:50 pm

I'm guessing he'll go, 4-5-1 and sit deep, let us have the ball, and try and hit us on the break.

Fingers crossed Suarez and Gerrard are fit to play!
      Will trial a new 5-5 formation & if that fails 10-0.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #176: Apr 01, 2011 11:11:13 pm
      This guy just has no idea!  After the respect Kenny showed him yesterday and he comes out with this.

You were s**t, just f**king accept it and stop blaming everyone else for your failures  :mad:

(UKPA) – 52 minutes ago

Roy Hodgson claims the presence of Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool during his time at the club meant it "wasn't easy" managing the Anfield side.

Speaking before the visit of his old club to The Hawthorns, Hodgson said Dalglish's achievements loomed large over his six-month tenure, and were made more pertinent by the fact he was appointed at the expense of the former Scottish international.

"It's difficult to compete with icons," he said. "I came to the right club, perhaps I didn't come at the right time because Kenny did make it clear at that time that he wanted the job."

He added: "The people who were making the decisions at that time decided to go for me, and as a result that left Kenny in a difficult position because he is one who wanted the job.

"So when things didn't go well, having him in the background wasn't easy and wouldn't have been easy for any coach."

He said: "That happens at virtually every football club, to be quite honest. There's always someone in the wings who's a little bit of an icon and who's ready to take over if the results don't go that way."

The Press Association
      Ahh, so it all makes perfect sense now. woy would have brought us number 19 and another Champions League cup if it wasn't for that pesky Scotsman spoiling all his fun.

Just when I thought my opinion of this owl couldn't get any lower, he opens his mouth again.

Nothing against West Brom. but I hope we humiliate them on Saturday.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #177: Apr 02, 2011 09:07:30 am
      This guy just has no idea!  After the respect Kenny showed him yesterday and he comes out with this.

(UKPA) – 52 minutes ago

The Press Association

That would be the 'full house' then 'debs. ... "I was crap because of. ...":

Benitez's Squad/Fans/Glen Johnson/Joe Cole/"Just Bad Luck" and now, to top it all off: Kenny Dalglish.

May I remind him - In fact, we should have a big, F**k off, banner made to remind him  that he said:

"The owners have made it perfectly clear they are in it for the long term. They realise it is going to take time. They realise we can’t turn things round overnight and they also realise the team I am working with is not the team I put together. ...
      . ...“Whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.”
      – Roy Hodgson, December 14, 2010.

The man is a F***ing, mealy-mouthed, maggot.  >:D

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #178: Apr 02, 2011 10:54:18 am
      Wouldn,t it be great to see a proper journalist with all the facts (rafa esq) turn up in one of his pre match rambles and produce some of the things he has said and ask for an exclamation now that would be interesting , and yet the players and Kenny still big him up ,i hope we trounce the owl today and shut the fcker up.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #179: Apr 02, 2011 11:05:16 am
      Such a dickhead.

His time at Liverpool just blew him open. He isn't that great of a manager and he can't handle a club with great expectations because he has the mentality of a mid table manager.

But for Kenny to show massive respect to the man when he was here and when he isn't, he still comes out and says Kenny made his job difficult.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #180: Apr 02, 2011 01:02:07 pm
      Just shows how insecure the guy is that he's admitted to feeling threatened by Kenny's presence.

Complete opposite to Rafa, who confidently brought him back into the fold.

He's just a whining old man who wrongly believed the football world owed him a shot at the big time.  His 35 years experience that has produced absolutely zero success.

Get over yourself - we did a long time ago.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #181: Apr 02, 2011 01:11:22 pm
      He's definitely the worst ever manager to manage Liverpool FC to me.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #182: Apr 02, 2011 02:18:50 pm
      He enjoyed relegation battle? Now I know why...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #183: Apr 02, 2011 02:29:36 pm
      He's definitely the worst ever manager to manage Liverpool FC to me.

He doesn't even register as a Liverpool manager to me.

Quick Reply