Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona)

Read 17431 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Feb 28, 2011 10:05:05 pm

This sounds like every soccer or baseball game I ever played in Tijuana or San Diego. So good :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Mar 01, 2011 09:28:42 am
      What's most surprising about that video is Mascherano actually on the field.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Mar 01, 2011 10:05:55 am
      What's most surprising about that video is Mascherano actually on the field.
      Valdes... Okay you must try to control the ball and use a higher tempo.
      Masch... If you give it away tackle like F**k. There, there and there
      Valdes: Walks off to Iniesta... What the F**k does he mean if you give it away?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Mar 01, 2011 03:48:14 pm
      What's most surprising about that video is Mascherano's wife actually allowed him to be on the field.

Fixed it for ya Crouchy. ;)
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #27: Mar 24, 2011 04:46:50 pm
      Barca ready to cash in on Afellay
      24th Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      19 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Barcelona chief Pep Guardiola is ready to extend his summer clear out at the Nou Camp by cashing in on January signing Ibrahim Afellay.

According to a report in respected Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo, Liverpool and Arsenal have been alerted to the talented 24-year-old Dutchman's availability, although the Gunners are reportedly worried that the Catalan hierarchy will use his availability to re-open negotiations over a transfer for skipper Cesc Fabregas.

Guardiola has already admitted he is willing to cash in on talented starlet Keirrison, centre-back Martin Caceres, current Birmingham City loanee Alexander Hleb, and defender Henrique in a summer clear-out.

Affelay moved to Barcelona from PSV Eindhoven in the January transfer window for a fee in the region of 3 million euros as his contract was set to run out at the end of the season.

Since moving to Barcelona the Dutchman has failed to establish himself in the first team due to the competition at the La Liga champions and the player himself is considering his options in order to gain regular football.

As well as Arsenal's interest Liverpool's director of football Damien Comolli is a big fan and has recommended the winger to interim boss Kenny Dalglish.

Source: Sport.co.uk

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Sport.co.uk
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 24, 2011 06:42:25 pm
      that was fast, no fvkn idea why he moved in the first place
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011 06:49:07 pm by Shemy »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Mar 24, 2011 07:17:47 pm
      Did he honestly expect to get into the first team? No chance was he going to do such a thing in his first season, for Barcelona he is a decent squad player nothing more. Yet another player that gets all excited when a big team come knocking without actually thinking about when are they actually going to get game time. That is one of the reasons why i respect Pastore so much, he could have easily have signed for Barcelona in the summer but chose to stay at Palermo to improve his game.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #30: Mar 24, 2011 08:27:06 pm
      Barca ready to cash in on Afellay
      24th Mar 2011 - Transfer Gossip 
      19 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Barcelona chief Pep Guardiola is ready to extend his summer clear out at the Nou Camp by cashing in on January signing Ibrahim Afellay.

According to a report in respected Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo, Liverpool and Arsenal have been alerted to the talented 24-year-old Dutchman's availability, although the Gunners are reportedly worried that the Catalan hierarchy will use his availability to re-open negotiations over a transfer for skipper Cesc Fabregas.

Guardiola has already admitted he is willing to cash in on talented starlet Keirrison, centre-back Martin Caceres, current Birmingham City loanee Alexander Hleb, and defender Henrique in a summer clear-out.

Affelay moved to Barcelona from PSV Eindhoven in the January transfer window for a fee in the region of 3 million euros as his contract was set to run out at the end of the season.

Since moving to Barcelona the Dutchman has failed to establish himself in the first team due to the competition at the La Liga champions and the player himself is considering his options in order to gain regular football.

As well as Arsenal's interest Liverpool's director of football Damien Comolli is a big fan and has recommended the winger to interim boss Kenny Dalglish.

Source: Sport.co.uk

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Sport.co.uk

Will he need clearance to play as he'd have been at 3 clubs in 1 year?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Mar 24, 2011 08:29:50 pm
      Does that apply for years, as in January 1st to December 31st or seasons?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #32: Mar 24, 2011 08:31:40 pm
      Will he need clearance to play as he'd have been at 3 clubs in 1 year?

That rule operates on a season basis, rather than an actual year.  From this summer, it resets for all clubs that have Autumn-Spring Leagues.  Also a dispensation is available for signing players from a Spring-Autumn League.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #33: Mar 25, 2011 12:07:23 pm
      That rule operates on a season basis, rather than an actual year.  From this summer, it resets for all clubs that have Autumn-Spring Leagues.  Also a dispensation is available for signing players from a Spring-Autumn League.

My bad, thought it was on an annual basis.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: Apr 10, 2011 02:31:41 pm
      [Liverpool are plotting a £9m bid for Barcelona misfit Ibrahim Afellay, with the Dutch starlet playing just a handful of games since moving to the Camp Nou in January. Kenny Dalglish was in the running for the former-PSV midfielder in the last transfer window but Afellay decided to further his career in Spain instead.

But he’s had a torrid time since making the switch with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano and Keita ahead of him in the midfield pecking order. The Dutchman’s lack of action has alerted Dalglish once again, who sees Afellay as having the guile and skill his midfield lacks.

It is thought that a bid of around £9m would be enough to convince Barcelona to sell the player they bought just a few months ago. Afellay is also thought to be keen on a switch as he seeks the first team football he needs to aid his development.

Kopsource rating: 65% – (Kopsource ratings explained)

Source credibility: 55%     Player rating: 76%     Value for money: 72%     Likelihood: 56%

This story has been reported by the Metro, as well as several transfer rumour websites, and it appears to have a lot of legitimacy.

Liverpool were relentlessly linked to Afellay prior to his Barcelona switch and it’s no secret that he’s a player the club admire. With the Dutch midfielder seeing relatively little action since moving to the Camp Nou, a move isn’t completely off the cards.

Originally a winger before moving inside, Afellay is a midfielder in the mould of Iniesta or Schweinsteiger. He possesses great skill and close control, and just as capable of dribbling the ball out of trouble as he is of picking out a killer pass. As with any Dutchman playing for Barcelona, his touch is exquisite and he rarely gives the ball away.

Afellay would be a tremendous signing and would give our midfield the class it so often lacks. £9m would represent tremendous value for money and if I was Kenny I wouldn’t hesitate paying up to £15m for the player.
      /news]
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #35: Apr 10, 2011 02:42:11 pm
      Kopsource? Nah.  :roll:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #36: Apr 10, 2011 02:47:00 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #37: Apr 10, 2011 02:55:06 pm

Might be me getting it mixed up with craptalk. :laugh:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #38: Apr 10, 2011 03:28:31 pm
      Might be me getting it mixed up with craptalk. :laugh:
      I thought so.  :D
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2011 05:56:23 am
      Saw him play tonight in the Real Barca game.  I think he did pretty well.  He came off with alot of energy and RM was a man down, but he seemed to have a good football acumen.  Would like to see him in a red shirt, just my opinion.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2011 03:51:57 pm
      Saw him play tonight in the Real Barca game.  I think he did pretty well.  He came off with alot of energy and RM was a man down, but he seemed to have a good football acumen.  Would like to see him in a red shirt, just my opinion.

I would rather have him, then Marveaux.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: Apr 27, 2011 09:28:16 pm
      looks a player made all the difference for barca tonight when he came on. Techncially very good ,great pace and control. Excellent crosser of the ball
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2011 12:30:46 am
      looks a player made all the difference for barca tonight when he came on. Techncially very good ,great pace and control. Excellent crosser of the ball

Agreed he looked very composed on the pitch. He has great pace, dribbling, and crossing. Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would fit here nicely. He is also versatile and play on the left or right wing, and as an Attacking Mid.

I would definitely love him in a Reds shirt. Buy him and Young as our wingers and I would be more than happy. Place him on the right and Young on the left and we are set.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2011 12:37:02 am
      He did make a difference tonight, and was very good (had more of an impact than Pedro) but in the other two sub appearences in the El Classicos I thought he looked off the pace, maybe due to lack of game time, I'm not sure.

For his assist for Messi he was aided by Marcelo slipping, but the ball in was good quality.

I feel it is risky to look at 30 minutes from a player and decide he is good enough for Liverpool or not, and sadly for him he is getting very limited starting time at Barca.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2011 04:59:19 am
      this is the guy we want!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2011 03:11:08 pm
      Played well last night.

£9m would be cheap as chips, but I think it would take more than that to get him

Quick Reply