Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Liverpool top Premier League in merchandising league

Read 17506 times
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Re: Liverpool top Premier League in merchandising league
      Reply #46: Feb 23, 2011 11:09:56 am
      Just checked your research mate which states LFC and Chelsea on average in 2010 sell between 7 and 900,000 per year. 

Hmmm.... not the best year considering we were in the middle of a fu**ing boycott on merchandise.

Actually, if you look again, the figures are based on average shirt sales between 2005-2009, which includes the period when we were European Champions. This alone should negate the spell where a number of people were boycotting merchandise.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #47: Feb 23, 2011 11:20:21 am
      I can tell you here in Brisbane North that Liverpool jerseys are by far and away the most prominent , easily doubling the next best (scum of course) , there is a sprinkling of Chavs and only one poor lonely Gooner it seems

But the figures are based on worldwide sales, not Brisbane North....
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #48: Feb 23, 2011 11:29:17 am
      If Chelsea earn about the same as us from shirt sales (approx. 57% of the merchandising figure), then we most sell a hell of a lot more hats, scarves and other such items, since they didn't make the top ten earners on TOTAL merchandise sales in Europe.

I can only conclude the same for Man Utd, since they supposedly sell over 1,000,000 shirts per year, yet are behind us also on the total figures.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #49: Feb 23, 2011 11:37:39 am
      No need to mate - I stand by what I said.

This.

So you stand by making yourself look like an idiot despite my provision of facts to prove you wrong!? Interesting, but each to his own I guess. Stubborn ain't the word!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #50: Feb 23, 2011 11:42:49 am
      Would love to see Kenny feature as one of the top selling names for this season ;) It's not hard to see Carroll and Suarez picking up huge sales numbers and unless Torres picks up some form he wont sell as many shirts as he did with Liverpool. Hardly a fan favourite at Chelsea right now. Form dictates sales so if Carroll and Suarez light up the end of our campaign we will continue selling massive amounts of shirts and absorb the loss of Torres. 

Quite possibly. However, Chelsea have a big "advantage" regarding shirt sales which maybe distorts the size of the clubs' "fanbase"- not only are they always in the limelight but they are in the countries' capital. I'd bet that a lot of shirt sales aren't to fans as such, but are bought as souvenirs by tourists from all over the world who have no affilliation to the club whatsoever.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #51: Feb 23, 2011 11:53:35 am
      So you stand by making yourself look like an idiot despite my provision of facts to prove you wrong!? Interesting, but each to his own I guess. Stubborn ain't the word!

Yep I stand by what I said.

You enjoy your provision of facts though - each to his own I guess.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Feb 23, 2011 12:23:35 pm
      Carheex are you a WUM how in gods f**king name do you think Chelsea sell as much merchandise as us.

Ourselves and Utd are the biggest brands in the Premiership by a mile. Torres sold so many jerseys because he was playing with Liverpool, I'm willing to bet you he doesnt sell 25% of that at Chelsea and I also think Suarez and possibily Carroll if he gets the goals will out sell him.

I live in Ireland and for every 1 Chelsea jersey you see you see about 100 Liverpool ones.

This research took place as well during the dispute between the fans and the club owners which make it even more amazing.

Was in London myself recently, in Lilywhites the biggest sports store there, there is more Liverpool merchandise in there than Chelsea
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #53: Feb 23, 2011 01:31:36 pm
      Liverpool trump rivals United and secure world-first deal
      Premier League soccer club Liverpool FC have agreed a deal with Snow Valley to develop a mobile merchandise store.
      The new store will allow Liverpool fans to purchase the same range of content as they would on the full online store, and the site will offer broadly the same functionality. Although it has been optimised for use on the Apple iPhone and iPad, it will also be available across all smartphone platforms and is usable on some older phones. Using Snow Valley's Muse ecommerce platform, the site will also be able to link to information from social media sites, including Facebook.

Liverpool are the first soccer club worldwide to offer their supporters such a service.

Speaking to Marketing magazine, Liverpool FC Internet sales manager Chris Jennions said: "[The store is] driven by our fans. We could see that they were visiting the site with their phones and so it made sense to provide them with a really good mobile-optimised shopping experience."

According to the European Football Marketing Report, issued this week by German agency Sport + Markt, revealed that Liverpool generated more revenue from merchandise sales than any other English club last year. The Reds finished third in the list - which measured merchandise sales by clubs across Europe's top leagues - behind Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona but ahead of bitter rivals Manchester United.
      http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/liverpool_trump_rivals_united_and_secure_world-first_deal/?utm_source=Feeds&utm_campaign=Latest+News&utm_medium=rss
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #54: Feb 23, 2011 01:33:51 pm
      I remember saying a while back that I'd hear via adidas that LFC sold more shirts worldwide than any other club.

Seems that was true - Real Madrid and Barca are probably only ahead on other related merchandise.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Feb 23, 2011 01:47:46 pm
      I can't remember who said it, but when they had Ayre on with some other people on LFCtv it was mentioned that in America we out sold Chelsea, AC Milan and Bayern Munich combined
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #56: Feb 23, 2011 01:50:21 pm
      Well least we're out selling United and Chelsea considering we've won F**k all recently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Feb 23, 2011 01:53:30 pm
      Imagine the sales when we start winning and all the glory hunters arrive on the scene. You never know lfc_ynwa and carheex. . . You boys might crack a smile yet
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,175 posts | 265 
      Reply #58: Feb 23, 2011 02:30:41 pm
      Green and gold scarf campaign by the scum ;)
      :) So see it then, tks bigv.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #59: Feb 23, 2011 02:40:33 pm
      Imagine the sales when we start winning and all the glory hunters arrive on the scene. You never know lfc_ynwa and carheex. . . You boys might crack a smile yet
      :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :clap: :laughing-smiley-014: :action-smiley-025: :nod: :) ;D :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #60: Feb 23, 2011 03:06:23 pm
      We already knew we were bigger & better than that Manc mob. just proves it.

Bodes well for financial future.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #61: Feb 23, 2011 03:24:36 pm
      Carheex are you a WUM how in gods f**king name do you think Chelsea sell as much merchandise as us.

Ourselves and Utd are the biggest brands in the Premiership by a mile. Torres sold so many jerseys because he was playing with Liverpool, I'm willing to bet you he doesnt sell 25% of that at Chelsea and I also think Suarez and possibily Carroll if he gets the goals will out sell him.

I live in Ireland and for every 1 Chelsea jersey you see you see about 100 Liverpool ones.

This research took place as well during the dispute between the fans and the club owners which make it even more amazing.

Was in London myself recently, in Lilywhites the biggest sports store there, there is more Liverpool merchandise in there than Chelsea
      i know that chelsea fan he lives next door to me.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #62: Feb 23, 2011 04:49:55 pm
      Is this a pointer that L'pool fans are actually more loyal than other clubs?

I mean where did all of these Man City & Chelsea fans come from, it must be from other clubs?

I agree this is good news, and for all those cynics, we need to be pressing ahead in the commerical world, whilst we get our team back together, this can only be good when we haven't won F**k all for 5 years and had the most disastarous ownership battle in history.
      When you consider the fair play league, this will be very good work done by the commerical people.
      If Carroll starts scoring then he will be very high up the list, because he could be England's no 9.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #63: Feb 23, 2011 05:08:08 pm
      Surprised Norwich aint on the list.

Its called sublimal marketing.
      Hands up who hasn't got Delia's CookBook?

That many?!
      OK.

Thats why they aint on the list.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #64: Feb 23, 2011 08:16:32 pm
      Wheres Chelsea   :f_tongueincheek:    :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2873 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Feb 23, 2011 08:23:24 pm
      What does this say about the "Not a penny more" campaign?

I know the 2 c**ts are long gone but if were leading the merchandise league despite the fact we were running a campaign to not put money in there pockets its just as well we didn't depend on that campaign to rid them
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #66: Feb 23, 2011 08:28:11 pm
      London  ;)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #67: Feb 23, 2011 08:51:23 pm
      Torres sells alot of shirts but i cant see Chelsea selling more merchandise then us even if they got Torres now. He didnt sells so many when he was at Athletico. so we are the ones who made him big, not vice versa.
      I bought a Suarez 7 shirt and i have seen alot of them lately here in Oslo (Norway)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #68: Feb 23, 2011 10:05:21 pm
      In fairness, United are boycotting buying merchandise which does affect their standing.

Quick Reply