Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

West Ham 3-1 Liverpool - post match tantrums

Read 60274 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: West Ham 3-1 Liverpool - post match tantrums
      Reply #828: Feb 27, 2011 10:44:30 pm
      This was undoubtedly the worse game we've played under Dalglish, the players looked out of sorts for a large part of the game, it obviously didn't help when we lost Kelly (how unfortunate was he) and Raul.

I felt we never really got into the match, it all seemed to go badly wrong and once we'd gone two goals down, it was always going to be an uphill struggle to get back into the game, we had no passion today.  >:(

Beautiful skills from Suarez for Johnson to score which was good to see, I tell you what I am pissed off about though is all the slagging off of Gerrard, what do people want? Blood, he's been out for a few weeks, he's obviously not match fit, I know he didn't have his best game by a long way, but some of the knee jerk comments about him in the match thread were quite honestly diabolical, people really do need to get a grip.

I despair sometimes, he's only human and is allowed an off day surely, I'm quite confident he'll be back to his usual amazing super human self next week against the mancs.
      What about the blackpool game ,i"d put it almost on par with today"s performance.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #829: Feb 27, 2011 10:44:46 pm
      I think there's to many Gerrard defenders here and to many Gerrard's critics after that game

All I say is name me a game where he has played well for us this season. Apart from that Europa league game where he got a hat trick and Bolton at home.
      This.
      Maybe leaving him on the bench would give him the kick up the arse he needs-he's been lazy.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #830: Feb 27, 2011 10:47:21 pm
      What about the blackpool game ,I"d put it almost on par with today"s performance.
      And the Everton and Blackburn away games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #831: Feb 27, 2011 10:53:03 pm
      Hard to tell much from the MOTD highlights but Suarez showed a few bits of quality in the second half.

On those criticising Gerrard you need to remember he is only back from injury and even if fit to play may be a bit rusty.

For me he like any other of out players is not immune from criticism but from the bits if the game I've seen and from reading through the thread he was far from the worst player today.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2011 10:58:12 pm by srslfc »
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #832: Feb 27, 2011 10:53:44 pm
      whenever lucas got the ball it went dead at his feet,i don"t think he realises how long he"s pissing around with it, not realising players are coming in behind him and stealing it from him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #833: Feb 27, 2011 11:00:56 pm
      anyway i"m all out of prozac anybody got some to spare.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #834: Feb 27, 2011 11:04:17 pm
      Lucas was not isolated he is playing the holding role unless people want us to start playing two holding midfielders, the lad is just not up to the job away from home, when Masch was in there very rarely we were as pushed around as we have being in most away games this season.

I think the lad is a big weakness in the holding role, doesn't have the legs or mobility to get around and just gives away stupid f**king free kicks.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #835: Feb 27, 2011 11:09:25 pm
      Lucas was not isolated he is playing the holding role unless people want us to start playing two holding midfielders, the lad is just not up to the job away from home, when Masch was in there very rarely we were as pushed around as we have being in most games this season.

I think the lad is a big weakness in the holding role, doesn't have the legs or mobility to get around and just gives away stupid f**king free kicks.

Agree with this.

I think although Lucas can play this position sometimes it really does highlight the weaker areas of his game in that he dwells on the ball and thinks he has more time, and gives away needless fouls.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,007 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #836: Feb 27, 2011 11:09:56 pm
      I don't think we needed to play five at the back today. We went to the bottom of the table with those tactics?

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #837: Feb 27, 2011 11:17:42 pm
      For anyone thinking Gerrard shouldn't have started, if we would have got beat with him sitting on the bench, it would have looked a lot worse.

Here here. I've had a F***ing gutsful of people sticking the boot into Gerrard. People need to ask themselves this question.

If Gerrard wasn't surrounded by such mediocre sh*te would we be so reliant on him?. It's not his fault that some of the players are not on his level. Out of all the players on that pitch today, only Suarez, Johnson, Meireles and Gerrard are capable of that something special.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #838: Feb 27, 2011 11:21:22 pm
      People putting this defeat on the shoulders of Lucas need a reality check. Never mind Lucas Gerrard and Meireles were even worse. Still fuming with that performance a complete lack of heart and nothing but hunger and determination from West Ham they showed us how to battle today.

Midfield was completely over run by Parker and Hitzpelberger, Wilson is out of his depth at the moment and if Reina wants to talk about ambitions and CL football then this season he needs to start keeping at that level.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #839: Feb 27, 2011 11:22:36 pm
      I think it was Shankly who said you only need 3 or 4 class players in your team.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #840: Feb 27, 2011 11:24:11 pm
      Gerrard may have been poor, but he is just back from injury and probably should not have played the whole match in the first place. Which brings us to the point of too many average ( in this match poor to say the least ) players. Kuyt was a joke, no really, he made so many wrong passes that I was afraid each time he got the ball he is about to lose it. Lucas was slow to pass it, losing it on many occasions. Willson was useless in attack. Pepe had some quilt for the first goal. Overall a bad performance at a bad moment.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #841: Feb 27, 2011 11:28:25 pm
      Team selection,formation,tactics and effort were all wrong today.

Im not going to slate any individual on performance because we should perform as a team and in the last 2 games that clearly has not been the case.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #842: Feb 27, 2011 11:32:53 pm
      We have a massive problem in midfield especially away from home, if teams put it up to us our midfield disappears. We need a proper defensive midfielder in the Summer
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #843: Feb 27, 2011 11:35:39 pm
      People putting this defeat on the shoulders of Lucas need a reality check. Never mind Lucas Gerrard and Meireles were even worse. Still fuming with that performance a complete lack of heart and nothing but hunger and determination from West Ham they showed us how to battle today.

Midfield was completely over run by Parker and Hitzpelberger, Wilson is out of his depth at the moment and if Reina wants to talk about ambitions and CL football then this season he needs to start keeping at that level.

No one is putting the defeat on Lucas's shoulders, they are just pointing out that he isn't a bossing enough midfielder to be a Liverpool standard holding midfielder. Personally, I don't think he is Liverpool standard.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #844: Feb 27, 2011 11:39:42 pm
      It was a bad team performance,The whole team looked tired and out of shape,the injurys did not help.The Thursday game took a bit out of us i would say.Gerrard and cole look way over weight in the belly department.Hope we will be better prepared for the clash with the scum next sunday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #845: Feb 27, 2011 11:40:50 pm
      No one is putting the defeat on Lucas's shoulders, they are just pointing out that he isn't a bossing enough midfielder to be a Liverpool standard holding midfielder. Personally, I don't think he is Liverpool standard.

It's the same one's with the agenda against Lucas. It is ridicolous to point out anybody's failings in midfield today when the club captain and country vice captain misplaces 20 passes in 90 minutes.

Bossing the midfield ey? I didn't hear the same cries from you after he bosses Chelsea's midfield a few weeks ago. Anyways there is a thread about Lucas where he can be discussed, so on topic and in the context of this match our whole midfield was outplayed.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #846: Feb 27, 2011 11:43:25 pm
      He is not a F***ing holding midfield or defensive midfielder to many times away from home this season I've seen him bullied all over the pitch by the opposition midfielders. He is to slow and lacks mobility for the role and the reason he gives away so many stupid F***ing free kicks. As long as he plays the role we will have a massive problem away from home
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #847: Feb 27, 2011 11:50:10 pm
      Can't believe the Gerrard critisism to be honest.

Yes he was sh*t but so were about 8-9 others. Most of our positive play came through Gerrard I thought and the period of dominance was kicked off by Gerrard's lovely through ball to Suarez and good effort with his left.

No he wasn't great but he still played a damn sight better than most of them out there.

I'm a bit tired of Meireles in the team to be honest. He's scored a few goals for us but when he doesn't do that I don't actually see what he offers to this team.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #848: Feb 27, 2011 11:56:37 pm
      Missed the game as i had to leave at 530am to head to the coast for a school thing.

Pretty pissed off to see that we lost like this though, at worst i was thinking draw. Won't say too much more as i didn't see it, but disappointed.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #849: Feb 28, 2011 12:00:10 am
      Poor game. A very flat performance by the team. I have to say that to a man they all looked tired. No zip at all. Only in the last 20 mins did they try and step up the pace a bit. Also there was too much standing off when WHU had the ball and as a conseqence they gave WHU too much time and space, and this was no more apparrent than in midfield where we were woeful. Not much more to say really than I hope Kelly isn't too bad but it don't look good for him.

i have to say Chats, I disagree with you on Meireles. I think he looks the business. He has great vision and he gives the impression he has loads of time on the ball which is a sign of class.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #850: Feb 28, 2011 12:06:39 am
      I think we need to get rid of King Kenny, I think he got lucky with the earlier results maybe we can get Mourinho.

FAIL

Quick Reply