Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Have you ever been burgled?

Read 3456 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Have you ever been burgled?
      Reply #23: Mar 15, 2011 12:42:30 am
      I have barracaded my door up for tonight and I'll probably keep it that way until I get new locks/security in place. All your goodwill messages I have really taken to my heart. Thanks guys.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Mar 15, 2011 02:57:37 am
      To not feel safe in your own home must be terrible, sorry to hear about that mate.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 15, 2011 10:17:46 am
      Theres some scum in this world.

Ive been done once but I was 15 and living with my parents. It was my birthday of all days, and my mum and dad were taking my sister and I out for a meal. When we returned a few hours later, the kitchen window had been busted open and it was obvious what had happened. My mum and dad raced upstairs and found all my mums jewellery boxes scattered all over her bed now empty. She was crushed because a lot of that jewellery was left in her mothers will for her.

At the time, we had a painter and decorater in who was Eastern European. We don't know for certain but it would make sense if it was him who robbed us. His last day working in our house was on my birthday, he knew we were going out that night and he used to work upstairs when we would be sat downstairs watching the telly so he could have easily snooped around and worked out what he was going to take. No proof though.

After that, we got those little hatches locks things on every window, double locked all the doors, put an alarm in and best of all got Boris - a german shepard dog who was the biggest creature you would ever see.

You sort of accept what has happened but it disgusts you that somebody has actually come into the place you live and taken things you've worked hard for all your life. Its a sick fantasy of mine of waking up and catching a smack head downstairs because I won't half give them a proper kick in.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #26: Mar 15, 2011 11:01:08 am
      We were done on the night my first son was born - I was at the hospital most of the night and when I got home the next morning the place had been ransacked. The TV, music system, jewellery and all the usual stuff had gone. The kitchen windows were secure they had to smash the whole pane out, I always wondered how they weren't heard that definitely put a dampener on the whole thing.
      We moved years later and had an attempted break in, they drilled the wooden frame on the double glazing with a bib and brace and put a lever through to try and lift the handles but the handles were scalloped to prevent any inserted instrument taking hold, they used bent bike spokes which they got out of the shed I tried it and it didn't work  - by the way the house was alarmed so if they had opened the window the alarm would have sounded - fuckwits.
      After the unsuccessful attempt on the kitchen windows they then got screwdrivers in the patio doors and levered the lock open that was when the alarm did sound and they fu**ed off sharpish leaving all the window surrounds on the lawn and the patio door ajar, did I mention that myself and my Mrs and the kids were all upstairs in bed?
      We had gone to bed at about 2am suitably done in and when the alarm sounded I though it was an electrical fault on account of just laying some carpets over the alarm wire so I turned it off and got my head down. You can imagine the scene in the morning when I stumbled out of bed and found the patio door open and then saw the window surrounds all over the lawn, went out to pick them up and found all these holes drilled in the window frame.
      Lady luck smiled on us that night, having said that tho there was nothing down for the fuckwits anyway with the alarm.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #27: Mar 15, 2011 11:11:10 am
      Sorry to hear the news FMS, the night my house was burgled 6 more were done on the same night,they took my 47" lcd tv which i only had for 2 weeks,worse still i had no home insurance.

Police turned up and could not find prints only a shoulder press mark against the wall,wankers came through the lounge window while we were asleep upstairs.

Quick Reply