Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 41634 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #414: Mar 10, 2011 10:04:48 pm

.Read some Rinus Michels, and then address the quote from Shanks.

I don't give a F**k how old you are - you've bought into the bullshit spouted by the press and soundbite managers hook, line and sinker.

Give over you whopper, I played football at a very good level until my shin came through the front of my leg in a very bad tackle.

I've read some Rinus Michells and I know all about Shanks, so what are you trying to say Kenny Lucas kept the ball moving tonight in circulation of play, whilst the rest were sh*te ?

Lucas was as culpable as giving the ball away cheaply as any player on the pitch especially in the first half.

Go back to page 1 of the match thread and see what I said about the match before it even kicked off, I've got a good understanding of the game and knew how teh game was going to pan out as soon as I seen the line up.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #415: Mar 10, 2011 10:07:24 pm
      Everyone was poor tonight par Carroll. Lucas deserves the blame but Poulson was 10x worse.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #416: Mar 10, 2011 10:08:13 pm
      I've read some Rinus Michells and I know all about Shanks, so what are you trying to say Kenny Lucas kept the ball moving tonight in circulation of play, whilst the rest were sh*te ?

Lucas was as culpable as giving the ball away cheaply as any player on the pitch especially in the first half.
      Go back to page 1 of the match thread and see what I said about the match before it even kicked off, I've got a good understanding of the game and knew how teh game was going to pan out as soon as I seen the line up.
      *Goes to find Lucas's pass completion rate* ;D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #417: Mar 10, 2011 10:08:44 pm

Lucas found his man at least 80% of the time - yes, he kept the ball circulating, and also managed to cover for poulsen, meireles, spearing and johnson.

If you want to talk about a lack of creativity, have a look at the hoofing from the back 4.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #418: Mar 10, 2011 10:08:52 pm
      Our whole midfield was sh*te tonight saying Lucas was better than Cole, Spearing and Poulsen means F**k all the 4 of them were sh*te a piss poor Liverpool and I knew it would happen when I saw our midfield especially the midfield pairing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #419: Mar 10, 2011 10:09:57 pm
      Lucas found his man at least 80% of the time - yes, he kept the ball circulating, and also managed to cover for poulsen, meireles, spearing and johnson.

If you want to talk about a lack of creativity, have a look at the hoofing from the back 4.

I said our whole midfield was sh*te that includes Meirles Poulsen, Spearing and Cole, I'm not singling out Lucas, thats you in his defense fella, its like your obsessed.

I suggest you read what I've posted in the match thread before you get all high and mighty with your superior football knowledge ya fecking know it all.  :f_whistle:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #420: Mar 10, 2011 10:11:02 pm
      Our whole midfield was sh*te tonight saying Lucas was better than Cole, Spearing and Poulsen means F**k all the 4 of them were sh*te a piss poor Liverpool and I knew it would happen when I saw our midfield especially the midfield pairing

there was no "pairing"
      Raul was dropping deep, spearing kept coming inside, and cole was F***ing gash.

Lucas was one of the few who held his position and played a good tactical game, using the ball well, covering for others and winning his tackles.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #421: Mar 10, 2011 10:11:48 pm
      Absolutely dire.

We must surely be the slowest moving professional football team on the planet based on that effort, or lack of more like.

I feel sorry for Joe Cole but he really is becoming 'Ole Joke...totally useless.

One of the worst displays of poor passing throughout the whole team...truly shocking to see after such a good show 5 days ago. Blows the mind.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #422: Mar 10, 2011 10:12:16 pm
      I said our whole midfield was sh*te that includes Meirles Poulsen, Spearing and Cole, I'm not singling out Lucas, thats you in his defense fella, its like your obsessed.

Not obsessed - he did his job and did it well.

He was the only one tonight in the midfield who came out with any credit.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #423: Mar 10, 2011 10:14:03 pm
      You are obsessed what did he do with the ball that was good, you seem to be fully aware what his instructions were, were you in the dressing room
      danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #424: Mar 10, 2011 10:15:53 pm
      Ha ha ha bit below the belt that one mate :)

I thought Lucas was easily the best of our midfield player today....... not that its saying much unfortunately.
      Not all that easily. There were a lot of poor performances, but we were lacking quality rather than effort.

We lost the midfield and were only ever dangerous from set-pieces or lumping it straight up to Carroll.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #425: Mar 10, 2011 10:15:55 pm

So what of the first half when he was as culpable of giving the ball away as much as anyone ?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #426: Mar 10, 2011 10:16:22 pm
      Thought Raul had a shocker, along with Cole and Poulsen, I think Lucas and Poulsen were told to just sit back but they both played badly. Dirk, Johnson and Spearing did all the passing and moving in my opinion. Andy should have been on from the start, he scared the sh*te out of Braga when he came on.

1-0 isn't really a bad result, we can demolish these at home anyway next week.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #427: Mar 10, 2011 10:17:04 pm
      *Goes to find Lucas's pass completion rate* ;D

Go find it but have a look at the first half for misplaced passes,
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,484 posts | 344 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #428: Mar 10, 2011 10:17:36 pm

Totally disagree with that one. Spearing is the only one who performed well.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #429: Mar 10, 2011 10:18:23 pm
      Thought Raul had a shocker, along with Cole and Poulsen, I think Lucas and Poulsen were told to just sit back but they both played badly. Dirk, Johnson and Spearing did all the passing and moving in my opinion. Andy should have been on from the start, he scared the sh*te out of Braga when he came on.

1-0 isn't really a bad result, we can demolish these at home anyway next week.
      why would you think they were told to sit back.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #430: Mar 10, 2011 10:19:32 pm
      I thought Lucas did well today and was trying to look forward but hardly anyone was moving forward! Too many players have no confidence in bringing the ball out especially Carra,Greek and Poulsen and Skrtel. I also thought Meireles had a bad game but you could tell he was missing Maxi and Suarez who help him with the movement. Ahh well Carroll was great when he came on and I think we'll win comfortably at Anfield.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #431: Mar 10, 2011 10:20:58 pm
      Go find it but have a look at the first half for misplaced passes,

Think you might be confusing him with poulsen - I know I did a couple of times...

InertObject - spearing was F***ing gash.

same as cole.

Not necessarily the lads fault, because he had a job to do on the right, which is out of position for him.

We almost played a 4321 - it didn't work.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #432: Mar 10, 2011 10:21:57 pm

Carroll causes problems for defenders simply by existing.

His presence spreads fear, frays nerves.

He created two chances for Dirk Kuyt – one smothered by Artur Moraes, a second tipped over –  simply by standing, menacingly, in the penalty area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/europa-league/8371639/Sporting-Braga-1-Liverpool-0-match-report.html

Love the Telegraph.
      Always a diamond in their reporting.

Poulsen sh*te.

Cole running around like a Duracell Bunny doing precisely nothing but looking busy.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #433: Mar 10, 2011 10:22:36 pm
      Think you might be confusing him with poulsen - I know I did a couple of times...

Never confused him at all, both him and Poulsen and Carra and Skrtel were guilty of playing a handfull of misplaced passes in our own half in the first half.

So if like you say you record the matches I suggest you go back and watch it and you'll see I'm right.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #434: Mar 10, 2011 10:25:36 pm

Carroll causes problems for defenders simply by existing.

His presence spreads fear, frays nerves.

He created two chances for Dirk Kuyt – one smothered by Artur Moraes, a second tipped over –  simply by standing, menacingly, in the penalty area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/europa-league/8371639/Sporting-Braga-1-Liverpool-0-match-report.html

Love the Telegraph.
      Always a diamond in their reporting.

Gotta love Carroll - he's going to be a beast when he's fit.

Did well to shrug off that elbow, won nearly every header, and showed a few nice touches on the ground.
      Early days for him yet, but he looks a player.
      Looking forwards to seeing him and Suarez together - although I think we need a paocher/finisher as well.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #435: Mar 10, 2011 10:25:57 pm
      Thought the elbow in Andy's face was cowardly and deserved a red card ! Braga players dropping to the floor would have embarrassed Drogba ! Andy and Luis will help us back towards top flight football again but we need some creation in midfield desperately ,still confident we'll do them at home though 3-1 agg.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #436: Mar 10, 2011 10:26:57 pm
      Never confused him at all, both him and Poulsen and Carra and Skrtel were guilty of playing a handfull of misplaced passes in our own half in the first half.

So if like you say you record the matches I suggest you go back and watch it and you'll see I'm right.

So why aren't you slating carra or skrtel, meireles, cole, spearing, johnson - Lucas did better than any of them.

Quick Reply