Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 61287 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #621: Mar 17, 2011 11:21:06 pm
      Don't disagree but we shouldn't assume that because we have some overpaid player they're better than Braga. Some of our players aren't good enough - we all know that - what they get paid only makes it worse
      Not good enough for Liverpool indeed, but good still good enough to beat Braga. Our midfield in Lucas, Maxi, Meireles and Cole would all be big and important players for a team like Braga.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Reply #622: Mar 17, 2011 11:21:12 pm
      All I'm going to say is that I am sick of these dire performances that we have been throwing up over the last few years.

F***ing boring, sh*te, pub team crap for nearly 3 seasons. I'm fed up of us never showing any urgency in games unless we are playing Chelsea or the mancs.

Fed up of us looking clueless when Stevie isn't around, he won't  be here forever.

And finally, I'm sick to the back teeth of Carra's hoofball tactics.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #623: Mar 17, 2011 11:22:12 pm
      KIK - I agree that's no-ones immune but there's a difference of opinion re whether that was design or default. I vote for default - Kenny has never played long ball

KK used to play the long ball down the channels all the time, particularly at blackburn - get the speddy winger onto it, then knock it in the box for the big lad.
      Sutton was a sack of sh*te, and only looked good because of the amount of long balls played into him for shearer to run onto.

He inherited a great team from fagan, and then bought some great players - BUT he has never rebuilt a side in the way that he needs to now.

I'd love for him to succeed, but I just can't see it happening.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #624: Mar 17, 2011 11:22:39 pm
      Ya Jova must be F***ing shocking in training not to even make the bench.

The team needs to be gutted, is Kenny the right man to do it, my heart says he is but my head is not so sure.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #625: Mar 17, 2011 11:22:57 pm
      The truth is Kenny had to select a side with no pace..... we have no other options unless he went for youth team players. FFS I am faster than Kuyt, Cole, Maxi or Carroll. This allowed Braga to play with a high line..... Kuyt offsides didn't help.

We are desperately in need of someone with pace and a brain ( Babel had the pace but sadly not the brain or the heart). Thank god Suarez can play in our remaining fixtures, because I wouldn't want to sit through many more games like the last two. 

Without Gerrard (who seems to have lost a yard of pace anyway) we just had no one who could run past a player.

Meireles played like a pussy and should be ashamed of his performance. Wilson is young and still learning but looks terrible going forward and showed that his future isn't at fullback.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #626: Mar 17, 2011 11:26:09 pm
      Not good enough for Liverpool indeed, but good still good enough to beat Braga. Our midfield in Lucas, Maxi, Meireles and Cole would all be big and important players for a team like Braga.

Would they? I dunno - we're distorted here by transfer fee / wages. Yes they're bigger names - didn't look like bigger or more important players than Braga to me. I do get what you mean though - and it wasn't good nough
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #627: Mar 17, 2011 11:29:06 pm
      BUT he has never rebuilt a side in the way that he needs to now.

No he went one better, he rebuilt a 2nd division side who'd been out of the top flight for 26 years and won the league within 4 years and delivered them their first top flight trophy since the 1930's
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #628: Mar 17, 2011 11:29:18 pm
      Understand what Dexter is saying, Well Scotia how many of their first 11 do you think would make our first 11
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #629: Mar 17, 2011 11:29:59 pm
      All those questioning Kenny need to take a step back. All those thinking that ANY manager could do any better with these players needs their head examined, but stick a couple of quick players in this side and they would look and perform much better. 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #630: Mar 17, 2011 11:30:30 pm
      No he went one better he rebuilt a 2nd division side who'd been out of the top flight for 26 years and won the league within 4 years.

With how many millions?

and still had a side playing hoofball.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #631: Mar 17, 2011 11:30:42 pm
      The truth is Kenny had to select a side with no pace..... we have no other options unless he went for youth team players. FFS I am faster than Kuyt, Cole, Maxi or Carroll. This allowed Braga to play with a high line.....

Exactly, if we had pace in the side then they would have been caught out holding such a high line. WIth the lack of pace in the side, I'd have put some youth players on the bench, Sterling being a key example.

Their CB's looked like a bit of pace would scare the sh*t out of them.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #632: Mar 17, 2011 11:31:33 pm
      Bollcoks lads - KK fu**ed up.

And with the best will in the world, we won't win the league with KK in charge.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #633: Mar 17, 2011 11:31:42 pm
      With how many millions?

Why didn't you mention your doubts sooner? Your just reacting to a loss.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #634: Mar 17, 2011 11:32:02 pm
      All this performance shows us what we always knew. That Carragher hoofs it way to much and needs replacing in the summer, we have absolutely no width what so ever, we need a tough battling central midfielder who's willing to get his foot in and that our squad players are very weak.

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #635: Mar 17, 2011 11:34:22 pm
      I love him to bits, but he was out of the game a long time, and as with everything in life, things have moved on.
      I don't mean it to be...

KK has a lot to offer - I just think he doesn't have the tactical nous to succeed on the biggest stage in europe.

I love him to bits, but he was out of the game a long time, and as with everything in life, things have moved on.

As a figurehead, I love him, but he is not a modern manager IMHO.

The whole thing about been a manager is it is a learning curve,You never stop learning as a manager or a footballer.Kenny is learning every day and will continue to learn,You said you would like a younger more vibrant manager,i think that would be a smack in the belly with a wet fish to Kenny,We will have better reinforcements next year and Kenny will know more about European football after tonights result.The long ball tactic did not work we lost F**k it we move on. :mad:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #636: Mar 17, 2011 11:34:48 pm
      Why didn't you mention your doubts sooner? Your just reacting to a loss.

I did when his name was mentioned as boss - I always expressed my doubts mate.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #637: Mar 17, 2011 11:35:08 pm
      For the last 20 minutes we had no midfield, just players hoping a HOOF would of landed on their head.

Shocking.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #638: Mar 17, 2011 11:35:14 pm
      With how many millions?

£35m I believe

Blackburn didnt play hoofball, they had Ripley and Wilcox on the wings who were both skilfull wingers who had the pace and trickery to beat their man and whip a cross in, Greame Le Saux  who was one of the best attacking full backs in the country at that time and Ian Pearce at Fullback, yes they may have scored a lot of headed goals but that didn't come from "Hoofing" the ball up field, the majority of Blackburns goals came from building attacks from the back either through the centre or the wings with the wingers or full backs pushing on high up the pitch getting to the byline and whipping a cross in, which was the perfect foil for Blackburn considering they had arguably two of the best forwards in the air in the game in Shearer and Sutton.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #639: Mar 17, 2011 11:35:16 pm

maybe you should change your user name ? 
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #640: Mar 17, 2011 11:35:26 pm
      Keep getting confused thinking Im on the knee-jerk topic.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #641: Mar 17, 2011 11:36:08 pm

Really confused in hearing this...you think after being on the job for 2.5 months and now you are qualified to judge him?

I know you are not but if you were a poster with under say 100 posts or so you would get labeled a WUM for that kind of talk. Your entitled to your opinion of course but I personally don't think your qualified to make the judgments you are making...as other have mentioned perhaps a username change is in order.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #642: Mar 17, 2011 11:37:24 pm
      I don't think people should be questioned for wondering is Kenny the right man to rebuild the club. We all love him but questions have to be asked whether he is the right man for the job.

Obviously that is what NESV are thinking and are not going to knee jerk and give him a job after beating Utd or Chelsea when we are losing to a Braga or West Ham the following week

I think they should wait till the end of the season and then properly analyse the each result and performance what he did 20 years ago for the club should not have a bearing on now
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #643: Mar 17, 2011 11:37:27 pm
      Kenny was brought in to push us up in the league and the priority was not the Europa League. Yes we should be gutted but the real tests are against the teams we play in the league like Sunderland this weekend.

Quick Reply