Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be LFC's next permanent manager?

Kenny Dalglish
      (97.1%)
      Somebody else
      (2.9%)

Who Should Be Liverpool's Next Permanent Manager? (No Bitching Kids)

Read 28959 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Who Should Be Liverpool's Next Permanent Manager? (No Bitching Kids)
      Mar 18, 2011 09:55:39 am
      This is not based on last night - it is based on the bigger picture.

As Corbally said - His heart Says Kenny, His Head maybe doesn't

So is it Kenny for you? and if so why?

and If not - who would you want, and why?

As mentioned - this is not based on last nights result and is NOT a thread for slating last nights Tactics.
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2011 10:43:36 am by kb2x, Reason: a »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,623 posts | 3854 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Who Should Be Liverpool's Next Permanent Manager? (Discussion Thread)
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2011 10:03:16 am
      Not based on last night. Funny then that it didn't start after our victory over the Mancs. Knee jerking babies
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2011 10:05:42 am
      Kenny.

Before the Chelsea and United games.
      After the Chelsea and United games.

Before last night.
      After last night.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2011 10:08:33 am
      Not based on last night. Funny then that it didn't start after our victory over the Mancs. Knee jerking babies

Its based in general - Press are saying a decision will be made over next 3-4 games.

I'm all for Kenny's appointment - no doubts for me.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2011 10:11:07 am
      Kenny.

Before the Chelsea and United games.
      After the Chelsea and United games.

Before last night.
      After last night.

This.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2011 10:12:05 am
      Have to say I think it is absolutley ridiculous anyone calling this a knee jerk thread, it is a 100% right this should be discussed. Just because he is a Liverpool legend does not mean it should not be discussed.

Is he the right man for the future remembering he was only brought in on an interim basis. I personally am not sure. I will let the next 9 games be the judge of that.

This is one instance I'm delighted it is not the fans making the decision because there is way to much sentiment involved. This should be a football decision on Kenny merits now not 20 years ago

If we lose the next 9 games will people still be saying Kenny and if so why, it is about making the club successful again

Kenny should be judged as every other manager would be judged otherwise the right decision will not be made, sentiment cannot come into football
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2011 10:29:14 am
      KK hasn't done anything to make me think he should be our next manager. I've stated it a few times on this forum but the performances since he took over have been mediocre at best.

However, Im happy to give anybody a go, the manager is not the problem in my opinion its the sh*te thats in the squad. Maybe people are finally realising after missing out on europe and finishing 6th in the league that we are just slightly better than a mid table team. We are F***ing sh*te, lets just be honest and admit it for fucks sake.

100m-150m needs to be paid out and 6 or 7 players need to be dragged in. About 10 players need to go. Im more than happy to give KK the opportunity to shuffle round in the summer and i will then judge him this time next season possibly.

Any manager in world football would struggle managing us at the moment, we are just F***ing sh*te. Theres too many players in the squad who aren't fit enough to wear the shirt.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: Mar 18, 2011 10:32:57 am
      I too must of missed these concerns being raised after the Manc game.. Or maybe there were none?

People are entitled to their own opinions, but honestly some of the knee-jerking going on the forum last night was frightening.

I saw Kenny Dalglish being wrote off as a European manager after four games (Yes, four), any tactical knowledge he had being blown out of the water because the modern game had moved on too much for him - Even suggesting his football style was based solely around hoofing (Hence how he won the title with Blackburn).

Lets face it, Kenny is largely still working with the same group of players the Owl was, he isn't a miracle worker. Anyone expecting us to waltz in to the final was being extremely naive (Especially with such a depleted squad). Yes, he got his tactics wrong, it was a dismal performance. But what he has done in the short time hes been here in terms of results has been nothing short of fantastic in my mind. The performances have been medicoire (Bar two or three), but we were being considered for relegation a couple of weeks before he took over, now were pushing for European places. More importantly, hes got everyone pushing in the right direction. He has the players AND the fans behind him, one of the most important aspects for a manager.

Regardless how the rest of the season pans out, if NESV replace Dalglish, one thing it will do is split opinion between fans, again. Thats how Iconic this man is to the club and the city. Say if they do bring in a new manager and it goes tits up? Were straight back to square one, the fans are once again divided and we're stuck in a rut. Kenny will of been ousted and then there will be no-one to turn too in order to re-unite the fans.

Unity is one of the most important aspects of a football club, we've finally got that, for the first time in nearly two years. In my mind removing Kenny will split that, no matter who is brought in. Then if it does go wrong, we really will be in the sh*t.

People have to realise, this squad is average. Rafa did the best with the funds he had available from the cowboys, but people have to face facts. The squad does not have enough strength in depth to be challenging week in week out. Of course we should of had enough to win last night, we didn't, it happens in football, some billionaire team down the road with apparently one of the best managers in the world found that out as well last night. The real work starts next season, hopefully with Kenny in charge for me.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011 10:39:32 am by Dannylfc »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #8: Mar 18, 2011 10:34:06 am
      As I have stressed this is not a Knee jerk - it is based on what is being reported.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 18, 2011 10:35:32 am
      I'd give Kenny the whole next season, if the summer clearout goes well I'm sure he'll do great.
      If, and that is a big if, he wouldn't be so successful, I'd very much like to see Villas-Boas. He's on route to be a brilliant young manager and does wonders with Porto
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2011 10:42:15 am
      Co-managers, Rafa and Kenny!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2011 10:50:54 am
      As I have stressed this is not a Knee jerk - it is based on what is being reported.

You've got to expect this to be treated as knee-jerk after the debacle after the final whistle in the match thread. If you're basing this on press speculation and not knee-jerkism then it's based on outside opinion which is irrelevant also.

This debate is only relevant because we lost last night, you wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination have started this thread if we had won.
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2011 10:51:58 am
      Congrarts vitez!

Rafa and Kenny.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #13: Mar 18, 2011 10:53:16 am
      You've got to expect this to be treated as knee-jerk after the debacle after the final whistle in the match thread. If you're basing this on press speculation and not knee-jerkism then it's based on outside opinion which is irrelevant also.

This debate is only relevant because we lost last night, you wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination have started this thread if we had won.

This thread is very relevant, and needs discussing for certain, I apologise for the timing of it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,290 posts | 4938 
      Reply #14: Mar 18, 2011 10:59:41 am

This thread is very relevant, and needs discussing for certain, I apologise for the timing of it.

You make think its relevant mate and might be worth discussing but it is still a knee jerk reaction to last nights result as I can guarantee no one would have started such a thread a week or so ago.

We can't be praising Kenny for his tactical ability when we beat Man United 3-1 and then suddenly say he isn't up to it after a couple of poor performances. Amazing the amount of people in the match thread last night writing him off as a failure in Europe after only four games.

LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Mar 18, 2011 11:03:08 am
      You make think its relevant mate and might be worth discussing but it is still a knee jerk reaction to last nights result as I can guarantee no one would have started such a thread a week or so ago.

We can't be praising Kenny for his tactical ability when we beat Man United 3-1 and then suddenly say he isn't up to it after a couple of poor performances. Amazing the amount of people in the match thread last night writing him off as a failure in Europe after only four games.

Exactly. Any finger of blame lies on the shoulders of the players.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #16: Mar 18, 2011 11:06:09 am
      Kenny has got to be given next season with the plyers HE wants in a Liverpool shirt, unless we lose the next 9 games there is no doubt in my mind he has done a good job until now, the only let down is the players, and they are putting the nail in the coffin for their Liverpool careers.

I do doubt him playing Ngog in any shape or form, but that may be to make him saleable cos id promote morgan from the reserves.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #17: Mar 18, 2011 11:08:17 am
      I would love to see any manager try to win big games with the squad we have. Last night we had absolutely no width, no Gerrard, no Agger, still need another striker for support, etc... Since when did we decide that our recent poor performances against West Ham and Braga are kenny's fault? We need new players and to be honest I am completely amazed and happy we have had some great victories over United, Chelsea, and was on that good winning streak that took us from bottom of the table to 6th. Anyone who expects to win every game with this squad is completely insane.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Mar 18, 2011 11:10:29 am
      For me I think it should be Kenny.

People are questioning his tactics selections etc etc, but step back a minute keep calm heads and realise this squad of players is worse than the one that finished 7th under Rafa who was hailed as a tactical genius by some.

There is no Mascherano, there is no Aquilani, there is no Yossi Benayoun, There is no Babel, There is no Torres, There is no Riera, instead we have Carrol, Suarez, Cole, Poulsen, Wilson, Shelvey Meireles.

To be honest there is only player maybe 2 that are better than the players that went out in the window and that would be Suarez over Babel and maybe Meirles over Aquilani (although I think Aquilani is a better player).

Yet even after the abysmal start under Roy Hodgson, Kenny is on course to finish above the seventh place Rafa guided us to with a stronger squad in his final season.

People have questioned if Kenny can do a rebuilding job of this magnitude?

In 1992 Kenny took over at Blackburn Rovers a club that had been outside of Englands top flight since 1966 and hadn't won a top flight trophy since the 1930's a club that had finished 19th in the second division the season before he got the job, within 4 years of taking over Blackburn, Kenny had got them promoted to the premiership and won Blackburn the Premier League becoming only the 4th Manager in England to win League Championships with two different clubs.

Now I've seen a lot of sh*te posted on here trying to undermime Kenny's achievment granted he spent around £35m to turn them into Champions, which in comparisons to todays money was an awful lot of money but that money has seen Blackburn become a regular feature in the premier league since, only being relegated once since but they came straight back up.

I've seen posters suggest Blackburn played hoofball under Kenny and I can tell you now that is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever seen written on this forum, Blackburn played with two attacking full backs and two wingers and one of the most prolific striker partnerships the premier league has ever seen in Sutton and Shearer, Blackburn built from the back either going through the middle or through the wings and their style was reminiscent of the Liverpool under Kenny although they Utilised the strength of Shearer and Sutton in the air to great effect, who scored 59 goals between them in the league.

Blackburn Tim Flowers went on to become an England International
      Greame Le Saux went on to become an England International.
      Colin Hendry Was already a Scotland International.
      Hening Berg  Went on to become a Norweigan International
      Ian Pearce
      Stuart Ripley Gained 2 caps for England
      David Batty already an England International but became a regular Feature at Blackburn.
      Tim Sherwood Gained 3 caps for England although later in his career.
      Jason Wilcox Gained 3 England Caps and if I remember rightly he was cut from the 24 man squad for Euro 96 with Terry Venables stating it was the hardest decision he ever had to make.
      Shearer went onto become an England International
      Sutton Won 1 England cap but fell out with Glen Hoddle and was never selected for England again.

Now think back to January Kenny has given us all an idea of where he thinks our probalems lie and where we lack in the starting XI with the captures of Carroll and Suarez and the pursuit of Adam, Young and Richards, which in all honesty if you look around the forum they are themselves the areas we state we are lacking.

Give Kenny the chance to build his own team and we will prosper, Kenny wants to deliver what we all want to see, attacking entertaining football, but to deliver that he needs to get in the players that he believes can deliver that.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2011 11:31:50 am by RedLFCBlood »
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #19: Mar 18, 2011 11:13:50 am

Because co-managers worked out well last time...

I'd say there are few outstanding candidates at the moment. The points we have dropped under Dalglish have been down to failings in the squad, mainly lack of creativity, but the way we are playing has shown this management team has the ability to take us places.

We need to see players come in and move out, but it seems mad to look further than Kenny for the next two or three years. Maybe in next few seasons then we can look to move towards a longer term appointment but at the moment we have the manager we need... we just need the players now.
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 18, 2011 11:14:25 am
      Well to be fair his european games we've been dreadfull in every one. You'd expect to see a little more on the european stage baring in mind who is managing the team and what he's experienced himself as a red.

If you play poulsen and spearing in the same team youre just asking for trouble arent you.

if you bring spearing and ngog on with 20mins to go or whatever youre less likely to score arent you.

im not blaming kk because ive said since day 1 how sh*t this squad is and hardly anybody on here would accept it. He hasn't had many options and having suarez, gerrard and aggs out doesnt help, even kelly i suppose even though i dont think he is a world beater.

he had several players last night who to me didnt look bothered one bit and that frustrates me so much. if the likes of maxi and cole cant be arsed putting a hard shift in then id F**k them off and pick two kids from the u18's who would run there socks off for 90mins. Maybe lack quality and experience but F**k it, atleast you know they want the shirt and a lot of the time thats just what the kop wants, to know the 11 players out there love and want to play for liverpool fc.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #21: Mar 18, 2011 11:16:33 am
      I agree on the maxi and cole statement, i would defo even look at Jovanovic at least him and sterling on the wings would actually mean width.

But Kenny all the way for me, im sure he do a good job in the transfer market and shift out all the sh*te in summer, then judge him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #22: Mar 18, 2011 11:23:40 am
      I said when Hodgson was still here, that it felt like we had someone lined up for the summer, Kenny has provided a boost for all the fans and I think he could do the job for us, but still that niggling feeling that we have someone lined up.

Quick Reply