Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Cover for Suarez and Carroll?

Read 16102 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,942 posts | 286 
      Re: Cover for Suarez and Carroll?
      Reply #138: Apr 23, 2011 01:36:11 am

Yes please. Pesters the whole back line and pretty composed infront of goal.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #139: Apr 23, 2011 05:14:35 am
      Lavezzi carries Cavani in a way, if you watch Napoli this season. Take Lavezzi out and Cavani would have a very ordinary goals tally. Don't think he'd be great in this league.

Thats like saying take Gerrard out then Torres would be sh*t... You have a very good point ;)

But nah, I disagree, we should have enough creative talent to supply forwards as it is. Suarez, Gerrard, Meireles and Carrolls flick ons.

Hulk is definitely a player I would have to play left of a 4-3-3, what a player! Incredible
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #140: Apr 23, 2011 08:18:15 am
      Cavani is quality i don't see how you could possibly come to that conclusion how often do you watch him ??

Er, every week. Have you not read the Serie A thread? How often do you watch him?

If we're getting back up i feel we need a speedy striker.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #141: Apr 23, 2011 11:43:52 am
      Er, every week. Have you not read the Serie A thread? How often do you watch him?

If we're getting back up I feel we need a speedy striker.

Lavezzi is known for his speed. ;)

From the bits I watch of Serie A, he stands out. If we fail with Sanchez I wouldn't mind Lavezzi and Suarez as inside forwards with Carroll up top.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #142: Apr 23, 2011 12:11:14 pm
      Lavezzi is known for his speed. ;)

From the bits I watch of Serie A, he stands out. If we fail with Sanchez I wouldn't mind Lavezzi and Suarez as inside forwards with Carroll up top.
      That would be a quality strike force without a doubt, but I'm not sure I'd want a 4-3-3 considering Carroll's main attributes are heading and strength. With inside forwards, we'd attack most of the time through the middle and  we'd not get many crosses in the box for him. So Andy would be nothing more than a shadow on the pitch. What we need now is to build a squad around him, with quality wingers that have creativity, dribbling and crossing skills, not forwards playing on the wing.
       Back in topic, we surely need cover for Carroll and Suarez, I'd first try Kuyt on this role from next season. Then if Kenny sees Kuyt can't do this job and we need another striker, go and get a decent one(not world class), who wouldn't have problem to sit on the bench for most of the time and CAN freshen things up when he comes on the pitch- I really love 'special subs' ;) .
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #143: Apr 23, 2011 12:27:48 pm
      That would be a quality strike force without a doubt, but I'm not sure I'd want a 4-3-3 considering Carroll's main attributes are heading and strength. With inside forwards, we'd attack most of the time through the middle and  we'd not get many crosses in the box for him. So Andy would be nothing more than a shadow on the pitch. What we need now is to build a squad around him, with quality wingers that have creativity, dribbling and crossing skills, not forwards playing on the wing.
       Back in topic, we surely need cover for Carroll and Suarez, I'd first try Kuyt on this role from next season. Then if Kenny sees Kuyt can't do this job and we need another striker, go and get a decent one(not world class), who wouldn't have problem to sit on the bench for most of the time and CAN freshen things up when he comes on the pitch- I really love 'special subs' ;) .

I'd agree with this completely. Although I do feel Carroll would still be a lethal player in a front 3, but he would be far more lethal in a team that gives width and offers crosses. And I feel the reason Dwglish brought him here was to because of his fantastic heading ability and his stregthen. Having another striker like Lavezzi or Cavani would be fantastic but I don't know if it's suit Carroll best IMO.
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #144: Apr 23, 2011 01:08:06 pm
      So we have established we need a fast striker to cover Suarez and Carol. Only ones i can think of are:
      Agbonlahor
      Defoe
      Arshavin
      They might not be great but i can not think of any alternatives. The likes of Benzema/Aguero are unrealistic and i doubt they would be willing to sit on the bench.
      Feel free to suggest any alternatives!
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #145: Apr 24, 2011 12:12:06 am
      A great back up striker would be a good addition to the team, because kuyt has the passion, but lacks in ability a bit and you can forget about n'gog, he is absoultly useless. My type of striker to add to the team would be a striker with pace and strength, like Rodeallga, lukaku, odemwingie or bring in suso.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #146: Apr 24, 2011 02:57:05 am
      Adds pace and strength and then you go on to say Suso?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #147: Apr 24, 2011 03:02:33 am
      Aguero
      Sanchez
      Young

That's not asking for much right?

:laugh:
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #148: Apr 24, 2011 08:17:03 pm
      Adds pace and strength and then you go on to say Suso?

Yeah I said suso because he has pace, he can play in any attacking position but I have seen a lot of his videos, and he has good strength for his age, but he only should be back up if we don't get anyone, because he is miles better than kuyt, jovanivic, n'gog, eccelston and pacheco. He needs to be put in the subs bench in at least 2 more seasons, because then he can be just like fabregas when he joined arsenal from barcelona when he was 16 and develop well and then hopfully be an even better player than he already is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #149: Apr 24, 2011 10:17:28 pm
      He's a midfielder though. Not a striker.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #150: Apr 24, 2011 11:04:53 pm
      He's a midfielder though. Not a striker.
      I know but he can play as striker and also we should only get him in the first team if we don't buy any strikers.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #151: Apr 24, 2011 11:11:49 pm
      To be honest if of our strikers injured would love an older striker to step in with experience. We have seen how good we have played with Kuyt leading the line, even a Raul on the bench wouldn't fill me with dred.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #152: Apr 25, 2011 03:08:01 pm
      I may be biased being Irish, but I reckon Kevin Doyle could be decent back up for the bench. I'm sure he wouldn't mind coming here to play his 15-20 games starting and be a sub for the rest of the season. A player who can play up front on his own and IMO is one step ahead of Kuyt when playing up front on his own (if that situation ever arises).
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #153: May 01, 2011 01:17:42 am

Personally, I would gamble on Lukas Podolski ... He would probably leave Koln in the summer, and he would be available on a reasonable price ... Capable of playing on the left in a trident attack, and also capable of playing upfront ...
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #154: May 01, 2011 02:22:45 am
      Personally, I would gamble on Lukas Podolski ... He would probably leave Koln in the summer, and he would be available on a reasonable price ... Capable of playing on the left in a trident attack, and also capable of playing upfront ...

I would love Podolski here.

Quick Reply