Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Cover for Suarez and Carroll?

Read 15976 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Cover for Suarez and Carroll?
      Reply #92: Mar 26, 2011 07:46:06 pm
      Don't really understand the problem to be honest, merely discussing a player mooted as a possible player for Liverpool. Nobody is right or wrong because it is all about opinions. Was just trying to throw my opinion into the ring, sorry if that has somehow offended you  :-\

I'm not offended in any way fields and don't have a problem.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #93: Mar 26, 2011 07:46:17 pm
      Didn't we just do this?  :lmao:

I'm going to pretend I know seventeen, count 'em, seventeen Arse season ticket holders who are ecstatic with Arshavin. Does that make my 'argument' for him any more solid?

We're onto our forth page here tr13 and you've offered nothing in response to the opening post other than sniping at other posters 'positive' input. You're coming across as a bit of a Troll mate.  :-\

Listen; I honestly couldn't give a f**k about Arshavin but the reality would appear to be a tad different to the perception. Jaysus fellas, it's only a bit of fun; you've no need to dab yourselves as I can't see Kenny paying any heed to our delusional musings: can you?

Would it make things easier on fields' and your sensibilities if I was to say that I'm wrong in suggesting Arshavin in response to a hypothetical question?

Here ya go: I'm wrong.   ;D

Scott Sinclair would be my choice, English and can play on the wing to.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #94: Mar 26, 2011 07:50:24 pm
      It's me that's offended him, not you.

I'm not offended kid. This thread was, to my mind, a bit of escapist fun. I couldn't care two fucks if no one shares my opinion on the matter, Similarly, I don't share the need to take any other poster's opinion serious enough to analyse their preferred offering.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #95: Mar 26, 2011 07:50:33 pm
      Ah right, maybe I read it wrong, I dunno, very tired. Been up all week typing essays  :stress_h4h:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #96: Mar 26, 2011 07:53:00 pm
      I'm not offended kid. This thread was, to my mind, a bit of escapist fun. I couldn't care two fucks if no one shares my opinion on the matter, Similarly, I don't share the need to take any other poster's opinion serious enough to analyse their preferred offering.
      Still calling me a troll was uncalled for as if you had looked through the thread you would have seen my opinion.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #97: Mar 26, 2011 09:06:22 pm
      If we signed Jarvis, Young, hazard/Sanchez. One of these players would be off while everyone is fit but We could use all these players at once if Carrol or Suarez got injured. E.g. Sanchez second postion is Right forward and young can play as back up forward.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #98: Mar 26, 2011 09:13:28 pm
      One thing about FSG is that in big transfer markets they sign BIG players.  Just my point of view from the US, but they usually sign the person you want, but you think is out of reach.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #99: Mar 26, 2011 09:16:51 pm
      One thing about FSG is that in big transfer markets they sign BIG players.  Just my point of view from the US, but they usually sign the person you want, but you think is out of reach.

Messi  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #100: Mar 26, 2011 09:52:47 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #101: Mar 26, 2011 09:59:34 pm
      If we signed Jarvis, Young, hazard/Sanchez. One of these players would be off while everyone is fit but We could use all these players at once if Carrol or Suarez got injured. E.g. Sanchez second postion is Right forward and young can play as back up forward.

I don't know if this is what you meant but i agree that we might not need to sign an actual back up striker if we have players like Young, Sanchez, Hazard, Jarvis (at least 2 of a similar style to those names) available to be picked from.

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #102: Mar 27, 2011 04:04:56 pm
      Robbie Keane.  :f_whistle:

Would rather see Pacheco get his chance to be honest. Doyle is considered an up and coming young player, he'll want more regular first team action than back up to Suarez and Carroll. Plus the problem with decent young players is their price gets a little bit more inflation than others.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: Mar 27, 2011 04:39:31 pm
      Would like to add a proper no.9 to the ranks. Someone who sits off the defenders shoulder, a fox in the box, a touch and go kind of striker. Someone who would have to be content with rotating. By then we'd have some depth and versatility.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #104: Mar 28, 2011 12:11:34 am
      I'm not sure how I'd feel on this one but bear with me!

Just reading today that Ruud Van Nistelrooy is possibly looking to come back to England and said he wouldn't mind if he wasn't first choice as he would be ready to play when needed. Now I know he is old (34), played for the mancs and doesn't fit into the owners transfer policy but he maybe would be a decent player to have in the squad on a free transfer.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #105: Mar 28, 2011 08:42:19 pm
      Would be lying if i said i hadn't given it a thought.

Lost his edge but still a superb poacher. Second fiddle to Petric and Guerrero now for a reason.
      lfcwils
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #106: Apr 16, 2011 06:20:15 pm
      4 d remainder ov d season z jst the gawd
       Text speak, lack of grammar and punctuation.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #107: Apr 16, 2011 06:26:52 pm

Read the forum rules.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #108: Apr 16, 2011 08:03:01 pm

Eh??

Quote from frm rulz
      4) AVOID TEXT SPEAK & USE PROPER ENGLISH - Put a bit of effort in to your posts.  If your first language is English then you should know sentences start with a capital letter and end with full stops, and that paragraphs are usually used. Depending on our mood you will either get a warning or a straight ban (after your posts have been deleted).
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #109: Apr 16, 2011 10:08:44 pm
      Pacheco has to be seen next year as the alternative to suarez and always be on the bench or a starter at times.
      I would like to see connor wickham @ anfield as a cover/prospect for carroll but more likely and more sense to get an experienced striker in on a low fee or freebie to fill the void.
      Kuyt always does a great job and if we finally get wingers then dirk would be ready made for the 3rd option position. Believe after all that that we do already have options @ our disposal if we redeploy resources.
      Wingers and we are good to go.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #110: Apr 16, 2011 10:15:48 pm
      I'd very much like to see Pacheco given a good run out next season.

Failing that get Bojan and Benzema then we can rotate.
      *HighAsAKuyt*
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #111: Apr 16, 2011 11:39:32 pm
      Agbonlahor! massive threat with his pace. he could be our hernandes
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #112: Apr 16, 2011 11:52:05 pm
      Hmm, with Morgan coming through the ranks (and looking very good in the process) and Kuyt showing he still has that poacher instinct in him, do we need another striker?

I'd like someone with experience to be honest. Someone on a short term deal (1-2 years) who Carroll, Suarez and Morgan can learn off. Let Ngog go too.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #113: Apr 17, 2011 12:17:18 am
      Hmm, with Morgan coming through the ranks (and looking very good in the process) and Kuyt showing he still has that poacher instinct in him, do we need another striker?

I'd like someone with experience to be honest. Someone on a short term deal (1-2 years) who Carroll, Suarez and Morgan can learn off. Let Ngog go too.

Sell N'Gog. And i agree that we need an older veteran (not Owen) that our young strikers could learn off of. One person that fits the bill for me is Miroslav Klose. He is out of contract in summer and I think he is a great striker and would do well here. The only thing is I have no idea what kind of wages he will demand.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #114: Apr 18, 2011 12:41:52 pm
      Davies or Elmander for me. Wouldn't let you down if needed, proven prem, wouldn't cost too much and would surely know their place behind carroll and suarez so wouldn't be expecting to play all the time

certainly cover for carroll, maybe defoe for suarez?!

but young (or whichever attacking winger we buy) can also cover the suarez role

Quick Reply