Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'

Read 21673 times
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Villa Boas next manager
      Reply #92: Apr 13, 2011 12:56:51 pm
      manager Andre Villas-Boas has agreed to become the new Liverpool manager next season.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports the 33-year-old rejected a move to Roma because he has already signed a pre-contract with the Anfield club.

The Portuguese is regarded as the hottest prospect in football management and has been labelled the ‘next Jose Mourinho’.

Villas-Boas worked under the ‘Special One’ at Chelsea but the pair fell out over the differing views on style of play.

He has just won the Portuguese first division title, breaking many of Mourinho’s records at the club.

Mourinho’s right-hand man at Chelsea, Steve Clarke, is already the number two at Liverpool and is known to be an admirer of Villas-Boas.

Many clubs have been after the Porto boss with Inter Milan and Roma said to be at the head of the queue.

Reports suggest Villas-Boas met Franco Baldini, who has strong ties with Roma, and told him he could not take charge at the Stadio Olimpico because he already had a pre-agreement with Liverpool.

Mourinho has also told Villas-Boas it is too early in his career to move to Italy and that going to the Premier League would be more beneficial.

Your thoughts? Taken from Caughtoffside website. Notoriously inaccurate website but worth citing!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'
      Reply #93: Apr 13, 2011 01:01:10 pm
      Looking at it, Steve Clarke coming in may have been some sort of preparation for a deal like this. Perhaps they contacted Villas Boas and he wanted to finish the season off with Porto before moving here so Kenny agreed to see the season out?

It is a possibility, but I'm just speculating. None of this ITK sh*te from me. ;)
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #94: Apr 13, 2011 01:08:04 pm
      Yeah, If you could wait for 3-4 years until Kenny has finished his world domination tour, that would be great, thanks Andre.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #95: Apr 13, 2011 01:21:12 pm
      Kenny is the F***ing man for us. For the next three years at the very least.

Villas-Boas is a quality manager but the mutual love between the fans and Kenny is too strong. If he'd been here at the start of the season I have no doubt we'd be safely in the top four.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #96: Apr 13, 2011 01:36:19 pm
      Kenny is the f**king man for us. For the next three years at the very least.

Villas-Boas is a quality manager but the mutual love between the fans and Kenny is too strong. If he'd been here at the start of the season I have no doubt we'd be safely in the top four.

This.

A lot of Porto fans would be incensed with Andre's decision if he left without attempting to take Porto to CL glory next season.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #97: Apr 13, 2011 01:38:39 pm
      Bit worried bout this sh*t,Kenny is the man for the job.Like the saying if it aint broke don't try fix it,

Dont care how good Villas is,Give Kenny the funds in the summer and he will have us challanging next season. :f_steam:
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #98: Apr 13, 2011 01:58:12 pm
      What an insult to kenny, for what hes done short and long term for this club, for what hes been through, to come in when we were on our knees after Roy and get us to where we are now. I bet there isnt a Liverpool supporter in the world who isnt waiting for the official anouncement that Kenny hasnt got the job. Dont know what i would think of the owners if they got rid of Kenny now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #99: Apr 13, 2011 02:07:09 pm
      Your thoughts? Taken from Caughtoffside website. Notoriously inaccurate website but worth citing!

Seen that on another forum, not arsed about the story but have you seen some of the comments on there, there is one pr**k who seems to think Kenny is too inconsistent!!

Well When Villas Boas was about 7 or 8, Kenny was winning F***ing championships as manager of our club, honestly, yeah this fella might be flavour of the month, but this is a big F**k you to FSG if they don't even consider Kenny.

Every proper Liverpool fan wants Kenny to get the job, because he deserves it and he is the man to kick Fergie off our F***ing perch.

Rant over.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #100: Apr 13, 2011 02:14:10 pm
      I still think that VB will have a proper stab at the champions league with Porto before moving anywhere. A job have done if he doesn't.

Kenny knows he's getting another year here :)
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #101: Apr 13, 2011 02:21:47 pm
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2011/andre-villas-boas-has-not-signed-lfc-deal/
      from another site, looks like it was all bullshit. hope so anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #102: Apr 13, 2011 02:30:19 pm

Thats the website to this forum ha ha ha
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #103: Apr 13, 2011 02:48:46 pm
      Why is there such excitement about this Villa Boas bloke...??

Sorry for my ignorance but what makes him stand out.

Thanks

This year at Porto: undefeated in the league 24-2-0 for 74 points, 19 ahead of 2nd place Benfica. +50 goal differential. They just crushed Spartak Moskow 5-1 in the first leg of the Europa League quarterfinals.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #104: Apr 13, 2011 03:36:23 pm
      We're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves if we're saying 'Kenny's been treated like sh*t' etc etc etc. He'd be the first man informed if something like this was true. And Anfield Online coming out with a statement that 'we've been told it's not true'. That's about as reliable as the original Gazzeta article itself. Who were they told it wasn't true by? My Blobby? Darth Vader?

I'm still very confident that Kenny will still be manager next season. But regardless it's a pleasant dilemma to be in and one which will result in our manager being a separate universe away from Roy Hodgson. We don't have much to complain about.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #105: Apr 13, 2011 03:38:45 pm
      I feel the same as everyone else and want Kenny to be given the job permanently but the fact is FSG asked him to step in til the end of the season. It's up to them whether they give him the job permanently or not. They could have asked him to step in because they approached villas boas, Kenny could know what's going on.

Kenny agreed to come in and knows nothing is set in stone just yet. We won't know what's going on til the summer. But even if they don't appoint Kenny we shouldn't lash out, they did say it was just til the end of the season after all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #106: Apr 13, 2011 03:44:42 pm
      I feel the same as everyone else and want Kenny to be given the job permanently but the fact is FSG asked him to step in til the end of the season. It's up to them whether they give him the job permanently or not. They could have asked him to step in because they approached villas boas, Kenny could know what's going on.

Kenny agreed to come in and knows nothing is set in stone just yet. We won't know what's going on til the summer. But even if they don't appoint Kenny we shouldn't lash out, they did say it was just til the end of the season after all.

In fairness to FSG they made no promises to us so we can't act as though we were promised.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #107: Apr 13, 2011 04:04:17 pm
      Which is what I said no? They announced Kenny would be manager til the end if the season, other than that they said here and there that they would see what happens.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #108: Apr 13, 2011 04:08:23 pm
      Which is what I said no? They announced Kenny would be manager til the end if the season, other than that they said here and there that they would see what happens.

Sorry it was poorly posted. I was just echoing your sentiments.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #109: Apr 13, 2011 04:37:55 pm
      In an ideal world, Kenny and Villas-Boas would be managing this club together. Kenny's man management and Villas-Boas's modern attacking football put together, just a thought of that is almost making me salivate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #110: Apr 13, 2011 04:50:42 pm
      It must have dawned on the owners at this point of the mutual feelings that exist between the clubs supporters and  Kenny, the all round improvement in the clubs situation is not a coincidence and Kenny's influence must be considered.
      From a purely business perspective Kenny's tenure has only been beneficial to the asset that is LFC and the complexity involved in changing managers would only be of a detrimental nature and a step back.
      This is not football speak but plain business sense and it is incomprehensible that anyone with the clubs best interest at heart could contemplate giving Kenny the bullet.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #111: Apr 13, 2011 05:36:30 pm
      Looking at it, Steve Clarke coming in may have been some sort of preparation for a deal like this. Perhaps they contacted Villas Boas and he wanted to finish the season off with Porto before moving here so Kenny agreed to see the season out?

It is a possibility, but I'm just speculating. None of this ITK sh*te from me. ;)

Think this has legs, we just need to know who wanted Clarke, Kenny or the club? If it's the latter the rumours are probably true.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #112: Apr 13, 2011 06:13:10 pm
      VB in his Porto presser said the rumors are not true.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #113: Apr 13, 2011 09:04:02 pm
      Yep said it's a lie.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #114: Apr 13, 2011 09:05:03 pm
      He's said it's a lie but he isn't exactly going to say it's a done deal and he'll be at anfield next season.

Quick Reply