Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'

Read 21668 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'
      Apr 10, 2011 10:09:19 pm

So Italian sources leaked to La Gazzetta Della Sport have apparently revealed a meeting between Roma officials and FC Porto manager Villas Boas where he has refused the possible offer from Roma's new potential owners to become their manager as he said to them that he has some form of agreement with Liverpool, pre contract possibly, and that Mourinho his old mentor advised him that Italy was not the right place for him at the moment. I don't know if these details are absolutely correct as the source is in Italian but what do you make of the rumours?

http://archiviostorico.gazzetta.it/2011/aprile/09/Roma_chi_Villas_Boas_dice_ga_10_110409026.shtml
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 10:23:19 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Andre Villas Boas Rumour: 'I have agreement with Liverpool'
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2011 10:13:21 pm
      Dont know what to think to be honest.

Boas will be a great manager, especially considering his age.

However Im desperate for Kenny to stay, theres so much unity at the club at the moment, everyones pushing in the same direction. The appointment of Boas will split the fans again I think, not sure if its worth the risk.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2011 10:13:47 pm
      Saw this rumour floating around today alright. I'm not sure, no quotes from Villas Boas himself so I won't buy into it. A good up and coming manager I wouldn't mind having here in the future! :)
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2011 10:15:36 pm
      I don't understand how you can not sign Kenny as the manager. Everyone wants him as manager including the players, staff, and fans. If they don't get him a permanent deal i will be upset.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2011 10:17:24 pm
      Why the hell would he come out and say this? would just get him off to a bad start with his new owners and it would obviously have come out in the press.

Think its a load of bollocks myself, besides, as good as this fella is doing at the moment, I want Kenny to get the job.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2011 10:18:26 pm
      Villas Boas seems to be one of those new generation managers with Guardiola etc who seem to be a step ahead of the rest of their contemporaries. Incredibly modern and effective style of football. It would certainly be as far away from the dinosaur age tactics of Hodgson. Incredibly young but also incredible English skills from him as well. He started managing at the age of 21 with the British Virgin Islands then went on to become an understudy to Mourinho at Porto and Chelsea (alongside Steve Clarke) Gained his coaching badges as a teenager in Scotland. The guy has done a lot already and he's only 33.

But I love Kenny. If true though, I'm sure Kenny knows exactly what's going on.

kelvo - it was a leaked source. It was a private convo Villas Boas was "having". He hasn't said a word to any press outlets.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2011 10:19:09 pm
      Nah, can't be true.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2011 10:20:04 pm
      I'm going to take a guess that MOST people will share the same opinion as me on this subject. Villa Boas would have been a fantastic appointment when we first got rid of Roy but now Kenny has the job, the idea of giving it to anyone else is going to be hard to swallow. I think this was the situation FSG feared when we first called for Kenny to be appointed.
      I wouldn't be disappointed with Villa Boas getting the job but I wouldn't want Kenny to go either  :f_doh:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2011 10:30:34 pm
      Villa Boas is going to be a top class manager, wouldn't be disappointed if he was our manager
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #9: Apr 10, 2011 10:43:23 pm
      There's one man and one man only I want for the Liverpool job, and it's Kenny. I don't believe this source. I don't want to believe this souce. I want Kenny in, purely because I think he can get us back where we belong and because he's Kenny. The heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Apr 10, 2011 10:44:10 pm
      We want Kenny now!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #11: Apr 10, 2011 10:45:09 pm
      I'm going to take a guess that MOST people will share the same opinion as me on this subject. Villa Boas would have been a fantastic appointment when we first got rid of Roy but now Kenny has the job, the idea of giving it to anyone else is going to be hard to swallow. I think this was the situation FSG feared when we first called for Kenny to be appointed.
      I wouldn't be disappointed with Villa Boas getting the job but I wouldn't want Kenny to go either  :f_doh:

Pretty much sums most peoples thoughts up mate.

Villas Boas is an excellent manager and I would have loved him to replace Roy but really want Kenny to get the job.

If he does have a pre agreement though I'm sure Kenny would have been told about it and maybe he knows he is only in the role to the end of the season.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Apr 10, 2011 10:47:08 pm
      They had better not let KK go, that is unless he was privvy to any possible pre-contract with Boas before he took the job and knew it would only be until the end of the season, which is possible of course.

Although, Boas would be a great manager to have, I have no doubts about that. KK is here now and is doing a great job and given the funds, I believe he will take us back to where we belong.

Now that KK is here, I would prefer it if he stayed.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2011 10:52:04 pm
      Will be a great manager,but like everyone else i want Kenny here,Think our owners should come out and give us some indication what is going to happen regarding the manager situation.Leaving Kenny hanging makes me think our owners might have other plans.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2011 10:53:57 pm
      Kenny might not be 'dangling' though mate, he may be fully aware of the situation.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2011 10:54:12 pm
      He might have agreement in place, doesn't mean it might happen this summer though.

A year or two down the line this could definitely be a goer.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2011 10:57:54 pm
      I wouldn't mind an agreement where Kenny takes a 2 year contract with Villas Boas gettins some more experience at Porto, some real CL experience too, while Kenny brings us back there ;)

in that case would Villas Boas have any say in transfers within the period. Doubt it really.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2011 10:58:01 pm
      Kenny might not be 'dangling' though mate, he may be fully aware of the situation.

Im sure he is fully aware.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2011 10:58:14 pm
      As long as Kenny is fully aware of any situation and things going on behind the scenes. I don't have a problem. Kenny knows what he signed up for, and he's fully in support of whatever the club, owners and fans want.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2011 10:59:57 pm
      Could just be a coincidence but maybe Kenny knew about it and that's part of the reason why Steve Clarke was appointed to the staff? I doubt it, just speculation on my part. I would definitely prefer Kenny at the moment, but villa boas would be brilliant too no?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2011 11:02:53 pm
      He could be coming in as assistant manager even for a year or two, get a feel of the club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2011 11:05:14 pm
      Its not going to happen, its not the way john henry would allow the news to leak and cause an embarrasement to kenny.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22: Apr 10, 2011 11:05:30 pm
      I wouldn't be disappointed with Villa Boas getting the job but I wouldn't want Kenny to go either  :f_doh:

It's exactly what I feel too.

And if there's one man who knows what's going on regarding the managers position it's Kenny. He'll be the first informed of any situation regarding a contract for him or any other candidate out there. I think it's very cynical to think that he would be none the wiser if it was a true story. Kenny's not telling anything and that could either be out of respect with his negotiating hand in trying to get the job full time or out of respect of agreements outside the club with other managers. If he came out tomorrow and said 'I won't be managing the club next season' then the press would quickly find out about this deal. H

That said however I feel pretty confident that Kenny will be managing us next season. But if it's not going to be him it might as well be Villas Boas.

Quick Reply