Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Prediction against Arsenal

LFC win
      (70.7%)
      A draw
      (22.4%)
      Arsenal win
      (6.8%)

Arsenal vs Liverpool, 17th April 2011, 16:00 pm K.O.

Read 16679 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool, 17th April 2011, 16:00 pm K.O.
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2011 12:38:45 pm
      Have we won at the Emirates?

Nope.

2009-2010

Arsenal  1 - 0    Liverpool
      Premier League

Arsenal   2 - 1 Liverpool
      League Cup [ 4th Round ]

2008-2009

Arsenal     1 - 1   Liverpool
      Premier League

2007-2008

Arsenal   1 - 1    Liverpool
      Premier League

Arsenal    1 - 1   Liverpool
      Knockout

2006-2007

Arsenal  3 - 0  Liverpool
      Premier League

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 12:45:10 pm by InertObject »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Apr 12, 2011 12:41:08 pm
      Last win away at Arsenal was February 2000 I think, at Highbury.

Closest we came was probably taking the lead against them in 2007/2008 in the league where Crouch scored.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #25: Apr 12, 2011 12:41:42 pm
      Same again pls. Carroll to keep their back's busy all day allowing Suarez,Raul to probe with ease. 3pts for sure.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 12, 2011 12:48:44 pm
      I recall an Andy Carroll header won the game for Newcastle this year. I think he can cause them some serious problems on Sunday, because they aren't brilliant in central defence.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #27: Apr 12, 2011 12:48:57 pm
      Last win away at Arsenal was February 2000 I think, at Highbury.

Closest we came was probably taking the lead against them in 2007/2008 in the league where Crouch scored.

100% right Ad about the date.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #28: Apr 12, 2011 01:05:50 pm
      If the same determined team who showed up last night are at the Emirates, then these soppy bastarsd won't know whats hit them. Can see Caroll and Suarez terrorizing their back line.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: Apr 12, 2011 04:33:21 pm
      I fancy our chances here. If we win then fanbloodytastic but we shouldn't use this as a barometer for our away form as Chelsea away showed. The real test for away form is the likes of West Brom and West Ham away where we were unacceptable.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Apr 12, 2011 04:39:58 pm
      I seriously thought we would struggle in this one after the West Brom game but now after last night I'm feeling more optimistic. Arsenal are F***ing bottling it and handing the title to Utd so we can beat these.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 12, 2011 04:41:28 pm
      It's all a matter of which team will show up. Jekyll or Hyde? We've been too inconsistent to ever predict. I think we'll set out with the same team but we'll be more likely to set up on the counter, as Arsenal can be broken against a lot more easily. They'll also be 100% out for the win, and as long as we're strong at the back we could nip this one.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32: Apr 12, 2011 04:48:06 pm
      Does anyone realise that after last night we have whacked the top clubs (Chavs Scum  Citeh) since Kenny has  been on board?

So it looks like its up the Arse (ne) (nal).

Time to take three points away from there.

Are we having fun everyone?
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 12, 2011 04:53:18 pm
      we are going to smash those goonies. i'll never forgive them for that horrible night. it changed everything. we have never been quite the same since. fukkin mickey thomas.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2011 07:06:04 pm
      It depends on which team shows up - the team that lost to WBA or the team that crushed Manchester City?

Of course the problem is gauging those losses and wins.

WBA was a bad loss, but extenuating circumstances contributed to it greatly. Losing Agger and Johnson midgame was devastating. It totally screwed up our entire game plan and the confidence went with it. Yes, we played awful, but can we expect to see such catastrophic bad luck again?

Man City was a great win, but it too had other issues playing into it. Who knows how they would have played if Tevez hadn't been injured, if De Jong and Silva had started. Yes, we played inspired, but can we expect to see that kind of inspired play under other circumstances, away from Anfield?

I fall somewhere in between. This season it seems we play up for the big clubs. As infuriating as that can be when we play small ones, it bodes well for this game. And given Arsenal's propensity for screwing up late in the season I see reason to think we are capable of winning this one. At the same time I don't want to blind myself with the euphoria of the last game. We've struggled with inconsistency and as well as Flanagan, Spearing, etc played this week there is just as good a chance they'll disappoint next week.

In the end, I trust Kenny to have our boys ready. Arsenal's attack is toothless of late and I think a performance even half of what we saw yesterday may be enough to keep them from scoring. A little Suarez creativity and we should secure the win.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Apr 12, 2011 07:49:15 pm
      if we manage to defend well and control the midfield we'll crush them. Carroll and Suarez will thrill them(Kocielny etc) to death... Seriously they have the worst defense(CBs) of the top 6 clubs.
      YNWA
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 12, 2011 08:32:58 pm
      Sick of this Highbury/Emirates hoodoo, fancy Carroll and Suarez to notch 2-1.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #37: Apr 12, 2011 10:04:18 pm
      if we manage to defend well and control the midfield we'll crush them. Carroll and Suarez will thrill them(Kocielny etc) to death... Seriously they have the worst defense(CBs) of the top 6 clubs.
      YNWA

I agree with this. If Liverpool play well in both the midfield and defensive half, I see us winning the game.
      10years
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 12, 2011 11:54:44 pm
      Sorry to break it to you chaps but Arsenal has the second best defence (according goals conceded with 30).
      Thats after having top cb injured most of season and the other in and out of the med room. And injurying 4 gks. So yeah they are better off then Liverpools 7th position with 38 goals.
      10 YEARS[/size]

I hope shava repeats that double brace.  ;)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2011 01:07:17 am
      carroll and saurez are gelling kuyt has been rejunevenated see us winning 3-2 we play better against top teams
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Apr 13, 2011 01:09:34 am
      King Kenny has managed to record wins over 3 of the top 5 clubs in the league ever since he took charge.

So, we should beat Arsenal and Spurs ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #41: Apr 13, 2011 01:10:06 am
      I hope shava repeats that double brace.  ;)

If he can be arsed, hasn't look bothered recently!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #42: Apr 13, 2011 01:45:36 am
      Just because we beat City 3-0 means nothing coming into this. It was a great result but we are Liverpool Football Club we don't rest on our laurels! If we want to do the same to Arsenal then we need to have the same hunger, the same drive, the same passion that we showed against City. If we play like that we can beat anyone! It's been a while since we've beaten these at The Emirates but F**k it, records are made to be broken!

I'd go with the same XI that started against City. Everyone played 90 mins and seemed to come out without any knocks. (Carroll was only subbed so he could get his ovation from the crowd, a fine touch from Kenny) You don't mess with a winning formula and every one of those players know they deserve to start against Arsenal!

I can't see Arsenal's defence handling Suarez and Carroll? The quick feet, precision passing, ability to shoot from anywhere and the pace of Suarez will wear them out. Add that to the power, physical presence, ability with both feet, aerial strength and work rate of Carroll and they're going to struggle! And no matter if it's Almunia, Szczezny or Lehmann, their keepers are nowhere near as good as Joe Hart and he struggled against us!

Spearing and Lucas showed they can mix it up with the big boys and come out on top! Stopping Arsenals engine room is no mean feat but after last night I know the lads have it in them.

Kuyt and Meireles will have it easier than they did against City on the wings. And if Meireles can get in more of those crosses like his assist for Carroll and Kuyt can get another goal like he did last night we'll be in a great position to bring back the 3 points.

Our defence will be a deciding factor in this one. If the same defensive display we seen against West Brom is reproduced we could easily leak goals against their attack! Yet if we get the same display as last night then I know we can get another clean sheet for Pepe!

Ultimately this match depends on what Liverpool team turns up? The one that has put United, City and Chelsea in their back pockets and shown how we really play. Or the team that lost to West Brom and Blackpool with no fight or determination or pride in the badge.

Thats up to 11 lads on the day. And if they have any understanding of what it means to be a Liverpool player then they'll know that 3 days after the Hillsborough Memorial you give everything you have and more, because there's 96 souls who would do anything to have that chance, and its that memory and that spirit that will see us home with 3 points on Sunday!
      10years
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #43: Apr 13, 2011 02:20:33 am
      If he can be arsed, hasn't look bothered recently!!

nah he still has the hunger, he will find it again against liverpool like always. he may not score but his assists are deadly good
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Apr 13, 2011 02:38:06 am
      nah he still has the hunger, he will find it again against liverpool like always. he may not score but his assists are deadly good

Fab player on his day (as he may well prove on Sunday) but he's had a very poor season. And if it wasn't for your defence then you'd be leading the Premier League comfortably by this stage. Koscielny - league cup player at best at the moment but hardly looks like a central defender. Squillaci - what?? And I don't have a clue what is going on in the goalkeepers department. None of those keepers would make the first eleven of most of the teams in the Premier League. Wenger needs to dig deep and get a world class keeper and two world class defenders in in the summer. He's letting himself down and the fans down by not doing so. Buying unheard of youngsters from the likes of Poland is not progress. It's so bleeding obvious!
      10years
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #45: Apr 13, 2011 03:18:32 am
      Fab player on his day (as he may well prove on Sunday) but he's had a very poor season. And if it wasn't for your defence then you'd be leading the Premier League comfortably by this stage. Koscielny - league cup player at best at the moment but hardly looks like a central defender. Squillaci - what?? And I don't have a clue what is going on in the goalkeepers department. None of those keepers would make the first eleven of most of the teams in the Premier League. Wenger needs to dig deep and get a world class keeper and two world class defenders in in the summer. He's letting himself down and the fans down by not doing so. Buying unheard of youngsters from the likes of Poland is not progress. It's so bleeding obvious!

did you miss what i said, our defenders are better than yours in the fact that we conceded less goals. LK has been fab this half of the season. this summer he needs to bulk up and he would join vidic and TV in scary cbs.SS was brought in as a 4th choice cb, and he isn't starting on saturday, JD is. our gks are amazing bar MA. have you seen ws? he put messi in his pocket at the ems. he is the future. him and LF have a better save percentage than your lovely reina. buying unheard youngsters like thierry, cesc, etcetc. yeah must be a bad policy. sorry, we didn't find the need to take part in the transfer market inflation game.

also you should check out stats before you spew out anything. just saying.

anyway, lets just see WS, the unknown youngster, school your overpriced AC and LS . maybe afterwards, WS can give LS tips on being a better gk. ;)

Quick Reply